• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

d3vnull

So I started my 3rd playthrough. Every game I played after the Witcher just left me a bit empty...

This time I killed
the Barons henchmen in the tavern
and got a not so nice welcome once I arrived at
Crow's Perch

Coreda

New Game+ may be announced today as the final DLC.

What a tease. I have wondered if they originally planned the NG+ as a future patch and since all the expectation and feedback they decided to make it the final DLC hence the recent single DLC per week releases to extend development/testing.

Man, why would you make the text bigger everywhere but the level up screen?

Is this on consoles? As I didn't experience any text size change on the PC version post-patch.

New Game+ may be announced today as the final DLC.

andy-dwyer-ripped-reabmsjl.gif

What a tease. I have wondered if they originally planned the NG+ as a future patch and since all the expectation and feedback they decided to make it the final DLC hence the recent single DLC per week releases to extend development/testing.
It's been in the referenced in the config files from the start. But they probably needed as much time as possible to tune it. I imagine if it still wasn't going to be ready they would have come up with some other DLC and held off to release it another time.

I'm confused.
After putting over 70 hours into the game I still hadn't met Letho so I checked where he's supposed to be and it turns out the game isn't acknowledging he's alive.
I'm positive that he's alive in the TW2 save I imported.
I considered the possibility that the save import didn't work but Geralt has the tattoo from getting drunk with the blue stripes.
This is really weird. The way the game handles save importing is actually pretty shitty, it should give you info regarding the choices in the save you're using but there's no way to check. I'm sure Letho should be there though.

BFIB

New Game Plus would be perfect timing since I'm nearing the end on my first playthrough.

Man, do I love CDProjektRED

I'm confused.
After putting over 70 hours into the game I still hadn't met Letho so I checked where he's supposed to be and it turns out the game isn't acknowledging he's alive.
I'm positive that he's alive in the TW2 save I imported.
I considered the possibility that the save import didn't work but Geralt has the tattoo from getting drunk with the blue stripes.
This is really weird. The way the game handles save importing is actually pretty shitty, it should give you info regarding the choices in the save you're using but there's no way to check. I'm sure Letho should be there though.

Unless you do a certain side quest you can miss him.

jett

D-Member
I have a bug in Skellige's Most Wanted... after defeating the enemy he gets stuck in an animation loop. The quest is never completed: :|

Glad to see I was wrong about NG+, and it looks like they will be taking some time to get the balance right. I imagine they need to get 1.08 out the door first to fix all the quests that 1.07 broke.

TL;DR My save file is ready

cresto

So, how's everyone liking the 1.07 patch? I've been meaning to get back into the game on XBO. Need some assurance it's at peak playability.

Beefy

Just imagine how much work this will take. They will basically have to do two different versions of the paid DLC as well.

Just imagine how mush work this will take. They will basically have to do two different versions of the paid DLC as well.

If they made a system for properly scaling items and enemies to your level, then it wouldn't imagine it would be as much work as creating two versions of the game or DLC.

I'm just worried about skills in new game plus now. The limit as of now is that you can only use 12 skills at a time, so more points means very little. You could do another 100 hour playthrough with zero changes to your build, so the sense of leveling up and getting stronger would be gone. Do you think they'd add more slots? 15? 18? I guess that could work if the difficulty is a good deal higher to balance that.

I'm just worried about skills in new game plus now. The limit as of now is that you can only use 12 skills at a time, so more points means very little. You could do another 100 hour playthrough with zero changes to your build, so the sense of leveling up and getting stronger would be gone. Do you think they'd add more slots? 15? 18? I guess that could work if the difficulty is a good deal higher to balance that.

Yeah that's a good question, maybe if not more active skill slots, they could add changeable skill sets, like on the fly you can switch between a heavy build or a light build.

Yeah that's a good question, maybe if not more active skill slots, they could add changeable skill sets, like on the fly you can switch between a heavy build or a light build.

That could be neat. My last playthrough was a mix of signs and fast attack skills. I respecced a few times leaning towards one or the other.

Beefy

Yeah I hope they do that. I keep forgetting about the mind control skill as I unequip it when in combat.

How much longer do I have in Novigrad, or alternatively when does the questline get good? I got the vault key back and am currently looking for cleaver. This whole questline has felt like a boring talking simulator broken up by occasional shitty indoor combat encounters.

Sai

Been trying to get the Enemy of my Enemy trophy. Haven't exactly been keeping count, but it feels like I'm well past 20 enemies now. Do you have to do them in succession? Does the count reset if you load up a prior save?

And is this the same for the Marksman trophy?

Sai

Been trying to get the Enemy of my Enemy trophy. Haven't exactly been keeping count, but it feels like I'm well past 20 enemies now. Do you have to do them in succession? Does the count reset if you load up a prior save?

And is this the same for the Marksman trophy?
Nevermind. Seems you have to do them in succession; had to do a lot of fast traveling to White Orchard and back to Devil's Pit.

Now, I only have Overkill, Master Marksman, Even Odds, Ran the Gauntlet, and Walked the Path to unlock in order to Platinum this game... Unfortunately, I'm going to have to start a new game(or wait for NG+, yay) to get Even Odds.

Also:

Weird. Just about done with my second run through the game, and I still haven't gotten the diagrams for Superior Northern Wind, Superior Spectre, Draconid, Vampire, and Cursed Oils.

Not that I need them at this point, but I was trying to get everything this time around.
I've exhausted every point of interest in the game. I think the only place I haven't looked around in is the Berserker's lair in Skellige, and I doubt any of those diagrams are to be found there.

Hope that's just a bug. Would suck if the recipes for these items were kind of randomized.

I bought some Precision Bolts. I'm unsure as to how much it helped. In any case, I have the trophy now. It took me hours of grinding in the Devil's Pit.

Only two remain, one of which is Card Collector, which I would have were it not for the patch that broke it. :/

Caja 117

Question, is there as specific level differential for your actual level in regards to the Mission level/enemies level?, in other words if Im level 12, what is the highest leveled mission and enemy I can do without been 2 or 3 shot by the enemies in said mission? I have some side quests and contracts that Im leveled like 4 or 5 levels bellow that I would want to do.

spekkeh

Banned
Just finished the game. Kind of meh on one of my choices, because the quest where I could have made a difference suddenly got blocked when I went past a point of no return.
Radovid became the ruler in the north and was of course a tyrant.
They could've communicated this a bit better. As long as it's
just an ending montage
though, I'm not going to replay it. Slightly disappointing. However, the last quarter of the game was incredibly epic, so I'm not complaining too much.

Now off to read some Ciri fanfiction.

Question, is there as specific level differential for your actual level in regards to the Mission level/enemies level?, in other words if Im level 12, what is the highest leveled mission and enemy I can do without been 2 or 3 shot by the enemies in said mission? I have some side quests and contracts that Im leveled like 4 or 5 levels bellow that I would want to do.

If you are at most five levels under the recommended level and the mission is displayed in green, you should be good.

Fuck the Master Marksman trophy.

Yeah, I hear it's a pain. :/

I've got Lightning Reflexes and Axii upgraded, hope that helps.
I suppose you guys know to do it at Devil's Pit, making use of the invisible wall at the gate, and also that the screen shakes when you get a headshot, right? Axii (primary, NOT secondary obviously) and the skill that slows down time when you aim the crossbow are must haves.

One other thing I found incredibly useful that I didn't see mentioned anywhere else: the headshot hit detection is screwy because of the camera angle vs the fact that you hold the crossbow a fair way to the left of centre and out in front of you. The bolt travels from the tip of the crossbow towards the crosshairs, so even if you have it perfectly on their noggin it will often hit their right shoulder (their left side as you face them) as it travels along that path.

The way to vastly increase your chances of a headshot is to use primary Axii: it will make the enemy bend forward (as if they're going to puke). At that point, if you circle around to your right (so that you're off to the enemy's left side from their perspective), if you then target their head there is nothing for the bolt to hit on the way to the enemy apart from their head (because of the way they're leaning forward). Does that make sense? I can capture some gameplay of this if that helps. I found it helped a lot and really sped up the process.

Sai

That's immensely helpful! Thank you.

[EDIT] - Knowing that the small screen-shake indicates a successful headshot made me aware of how much I'd been missing before... Still not done... Hope I never have to do anything like this ever again.

Got my last Gwent card (it was the Wyvern card) from the Priest of the Eternal Fire in northern Novigrad and as expected, no trophy. Hopefully they fix it in the next patch.

valkyre

GAF I am on the fence here.... I am still in 1.05 (PS4) and havent updated to 1.07 due to the performance downgrade in terms of framerate, introduced with the latest patch.

Besides DF's face off, are there no other comparisons between 1.05 and 1.07 builds? DF was kinda disheartening about how significant the hit in framerate was. But I want to see more, because it might be rare, but DF have effed up in the past.

Would love to hear opinions from people who are sensitive to framerate issues as I am. Is it that bad with 1.07? Is stuttering increased? (was almost eliminated with 1.05).

GAF I am on the fence here.... I am still in 1.05 (PS4) and havent updated to 1.07 due to the performance downgrade in terms of framerate, introduced with the latest patch.

Besides DF's face off, are there no other comparisons between 1.05 and 1.07 builds? DF was kinda disheartening about how significant the hit in framerate was. But I want to see more, because it might be rare, but DF have effed up in the past.

Would love to hear opinions from people who are sensitive to framerate issues as I am. Is it that bad with 1.07? Is stuttering increased? (was almost eliminated with 1.05).
I thought it was only the XBone version that saw a performance decrease with 1.07, and that the issue with the PS4 version was that there was zero improvement after they'd claimed that there would be. The main issues with 1.07 are broken quests and certain major trophies that no longer work.

Top Bottom