• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

valkyre

I thought it was only the XBone version that saw a performance decrease with 1.07, and that the issue with the PS4 version was that there was zero improvement after they'd claimed that there would be. The main issues with 1.07 are broken quests and certain major trophies that no longer work.

DF's framerate test suggests PS4 took a hit as well. Not as big as XB1 but significant nonetheless. 3 frames over a total of 30 is actually 10%.

NeoGiff

To be fair, I have noticed at least one improvement since updating to 1.07 on PS4.

On 1.05, whenever I had to go to Hattori, I would fast travel to the Glory Gate in Novigrad and sprint all the way to him. As I ran, characters would be partially spawning inn around me, and when I got to Hattori, he either wouldn't be loaded in properly, or the "Talk" icon wouldn't be over his head, forcing me to either meditate or walk around a bit more and wait for him to load.

I tested the same thing multiple times on 1.07 (fast travel to the Glory Gate, sprint to Hattori), and I have had no problems. Everything is loaded, and I can instantly talk to him.

valkyre

To be fair, I have noticed at least one improvement since updating to 1.07 on PS4.

On 1.05, whenever I had to go to Hattori, I would fast travel to the Glory Gate in Novigrad and sprint all the way to him. As I ran, characters would be partially spawning inn around me, and when I got to Hattori, he either wouldn't be loaded in properly, or the "Talk" icon wouldn't be over his head, forcing me to either meditate or walk around a bit more and wait for him to load.

I tested the same thing multiple times on 1.07 (fast travel to the Glory Gate, sprint to Hattori), and I have had no problems. Everything is loaded, and I can instantly talk to him.

How is the framerate for you in 1.07? You notice a lot of dips in Novigrad? Especially during rain or at night close to torches? (I have the same issue with Hattori not loading in 1.05)

NeoGiff

How is the framerate for you in 1.07? You notice a lot of dips in Novigrad? Especially during rain or at night close to torches? (I have the same issue with Hattori not loading in 1.05)

I haven't noticed any significant changes either way. I'll test it more later, though.

Maybe a silly question, but I can not for the life of me find where you need to enable the new "New Finisher Animations", I can see it listed in the Glossary section [PS4] and it states I need to turn it on in the game options but can not find it, the nearest I have seen is the option to have battle finishing enabled.
Anyone know where it is located?

Why is it so hard to craft new weapons/armour?

I feel like I'm running around all over the place just to get myself a slightly better chest piece. Meanwhile, my armour and weapons are falling apart.

Maybe a silly question, but I can not for the life of me find where you need to enable the new "New Finisher Animations", I can see it listed in the Glossary section [PS4] and it states I need to turn it on in the game options but can not find it, the nearest I have seen is the option to have battle finishing enabled.
Anyone know where it is located?

Haven't checked but probably in the DLC section in the options from the main menu (not in-game).

Aangster

More information relating to NG+:

Marcin Momot said:
Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are some answers.

Enemies will be stronger obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies) and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
More information relating to NG+:

No mention of crafting recipes is a bit worrisome... I have so many for items above lvl 35 that I can't even use, it would suck to lose them with NG+ when I will actually reach lvl 43 or whatever is required.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Got back into this, game's writing is brilliant. Still haven't met triss, or the baron, the ladies of the woods, or travelled to Skellige. Side quests man. Side quests.

Alpende

Really excited to play through it again on Death March. Glad to read alchemy recipes are carried over and I can get that Gwent trophy now, hopefully it's not bugged once NG+ rolls out.

Really excited to play through it again on Death March. Glad to read alchemy recipes are carried over and I can get that Gwent trophy now, hopefully it's not bugged once NG+ rolls out.

Personally I hope it's fixed before NG+ comes out otherwise I'll be waiting around for it to be fixed before starting it. I have all the Gwent cards now. I like Gwent but I don't particularly want to collect all the cards again.

I dare anyone to name a scarier enemy in this game than a Leshen. I can not stand coming across these guys in the forests. It's like the game's version of Slenderman.

leshen.jpg

I dare anyone to name a scarier enemy in this game than a Leshen. I can not stand coming across these guys in the forests. It's like the game's version of Slenderman.

http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/leshen.jpg/551247862/leshen.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

No creature scares me, but the Crones look really creepy, definitely moreso than the leshens. Easily the best designed creatures in the game.

d00d3n

A question about the resolution to the Bloody Baron questline if someone would be nice and answer:
Does the sleazy second in command take over after the baron both in the "blue mountains" and the "hanging himself" scenario? (I killed the tree, so got blue mountains)

Sai

A question about the resolution to the Bloody Baron questline if someone would be nice and answer:
Does the sleazy second in command take over after the baron both in the "blue mountains" and the "hanging himself" scenario? (I killed the tree, so got blue mountains)
Yep. Either way, that jerk takes control.

Alucrid

Banned
In the second scenario he does somewhat. It's never played up and I only found it referenced once.

I'm at the end of my rope, the game is crashing constantly now, can't play.

Here's my story:

- Game's crashes have been on average once every 8 hours or so
- Now that I'm in the middle of the quests in Novigrad, the game's crashes are out of control, can't play for 15 mins without crashing to desktop
- Crashes take me to desktop, and audio cuts out. Have to restart PC just to get audio working again (restarting receiver does nothing)
- No rhyme or reason to the crashes (during a fight, while idle in the open world, in a cutscene....etc)

Specs:
i7 4790 (stock)
GTX 980 (stock)
Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm thinking of starting a thread since I don't see as many stability complaints as before, but I'll see if I can get help here first.

daviyoung

Banned
Do bosses scale with the level? I didn't think they did because a Golem at level 30 is much easier to down than the first time you encounter one.

Only time I scaled down the difficulty was for boss encounters so if they don't scale I'll be golden for Death March on NG+

Do bosses scale with the level? I didn't think they did because a Golem at level 30 is much easier to down than the first time you encounter one.

Only time I scaled down the difficulty was for boss encounters so if they don't scale I'll be golden for Death March on NG+

I'm trying to make sense of this post but can't. Enemies have their own respective level, you know this, yeah? So the golem you faced when you were level 30 could be lower level, or you're just stronger than you were then. Obviously they get harder on harder difficulties too.

daviyoung

Banned
I'm trying to make sense of this post but can't. Enemies have their own respective level, you know this, yeah? So the golem you faced when you were level 30 could be lower level, or you're just stronger than you were then. Obviously they get harder on harder difficulties too.

I know enemies have their own levels but I'm talking particularly about bosses because they aren't presented with a level.

Venture

This was a cool little detail! I feel better about my choice at The Whispering Hillock now.

This is just after the quest Broken Flowers:
Turns out the orphans you save from being eaten by the crones don't just disappear. They end up at Marabella's school in Novigrad. I noticed some kids there late at night and their names looked familiar. So I looked around inside and found a note about the orphans mysteriously showing up at the school late one night. They don't seem to remember you though.

This was a cool little detail! I feel better about my choice at The Whispering Hillock now.

This is just after the quest Broken Flowers:
Turns out the orphans you save from being eaten by the crones don't just disappear. They end up at Marabella's school in Novigrad. I noticed some kids there late at night and their names looked familiar. So I looked around inside and found a note about the orphans mysteriously showing up at the school late one night. They don't seem to remember you though.

That is so cool.

GravyButt

Only level 11 and just beat
the bloody baron quests
which was awesome. I heard thats where the game really starts to take off. I got sidetracked after and did a bunch of side quests. Got so many its overwhelming right now. Might just do the ones that sound interesting from now on though. Anyone else do that?

Huh. Just started On Thin Ice and Reason of State was marked as failed even though I already completed it.

Same. Beat the game too and reached level 35 and got no achievements (Steam).

What a fantastic game.

*My Ending Spoilers*

Crach ... died a pretty hard death. Eredin didn't get served as hard as Imlerith did, which was kind of disappointing. I wanted Geralt to eviscerate that fool. I ALMOST killed Avallac'h, but I doubted his resolve as an evil genius TBH. Nilfgaard won, not suprisingly, since Radovid died. Cerys did good for Skellige, which I was very happy with. Ciri's going to do well as Empress, the begnning of a new story there, the Empress-Witcher. Finally, Yen and Geralt are free to be lazy lovebirds. Excellent. 10/10.

171 hours fam. Truly an excellent journey. Still have a LOT of exploration to do in Skellige. BUT GIVE ME THE DAMN ACHIEVEMENTS! -_-

Sai

Same. Beat the game too and reached level 35 and got no achievements (Steam).
yep, seems to be a common bug
Ah, good thing this was my second run through the game. :x

Once NG+ is available, I'll get the Even Odds trophy and Platinum this thing. I kind of wish I had gone for the
Ciri becoming a Witcher
ending this time around, but when it came time to make the decision again, I couldn't help but think of
Ciri being Empress
as better for everybody.

Shahadan

Anyone knows where I can find my savefile? Gog Galaxy doesn't seem to have cloud saves and I'm going to clean install windows 10 soon ;(

Edit: found it where I should have looked in the first place :lol:

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm running an Alchemy build on Death March and I'm wondering what the best way is to get all the alchemy recipes in the game? Do I have to keep doing question marks on the map and hope that the recipes drop? Or is there a better way to go about getting recipes for decoctions / potions / bombs / oils?

Sai

Buy whatever recipes you can from Herbalists, find the rest during quests and points of interest around the world.

... Though, I did all of that during my second run through the game, and still couldn't get all of my bombs/potions/oils to Superior. Not sure if the game's just designed that way, or if I ran into a bug brought on by one of the patches, or what. :I

Philippo

Uuh, i had the Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby quest in my journal, then i did the
party at the vegelbud estate
quest and now it disappeared, but its not showed in the failed quests.
What can i do?

edit: nvm it reappeared by itself.

NeoGiff

I just platinumed the game a few minutes ago on PS4 on 1.07. The last trophy I got was "Walked the Path" for finishing the game on Death March, so I guess PS4 players can breathe a sigh of relief since that's clearly not one of the bugged trophies.

In terms of endings:

In my first playthrough (on Blood and Broken Bones), I got the
Ciri as a witcher
ending. At the time I felt it was a proper, fitting ending for this great series. However, this time through I got the
Ciri as future empress
ending. This honestly feels like the true ending, if there is such a thing. The epilogue is quite extended, the writing is top notch, and its bittersweet nature just feels like the logical way the series should end.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. What are other people's thoughts on the endings?

I just platinumed the game a few minutes ago on PS4 on 1.07. The last trophy I got was "Walked the Path" for finishing the game on Death March, so I guess PS4 players can breathe a sigh of relief since that's clearly not one of the bugged trophies.

In terms of endings:

In my first playthrough (on Blood and Broken Bones), I got the
Ciri as a witcher
ending. At the time I felt it was a proper, fitting ending for this great series. However, this time through I got the
Ciri as future empress
ending. This honestly feels like the true ending, if there is such a thing. The epilogue is quite extended, the writing is top notch, and its bittersweet nature just feels like the logical way the series should end.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. What are other people's thoughts on the endings?

Ciri as an Empress just feels right. She has her father's head for politics and Geralt's simple, human decency. Can't ask for more than that in a ruler. Coincidentally, my play-through saw two women rise to power, Cerys and Cirilla. :D

Top Bottom