• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Hoplatee

You don't have to finish
Get Junior
, as far as I'm aware. Go downstairs, into the sewers, and you should reach a path that with two gates opposite each other. The diagram is in a chest behind the wall in between those gates, that I think you need to find a switch on the wall for.

But I can not open that gate :( Unless there actually is some sewer entrance somewhere else and that is the 'exit spot' or something. If that is the case I feel very stupid :p

I can see the breakable wall if I go through to the
Junior mansion basement entrance
but the gate/door going there is locked as well. Pretty much the place where I have to be. I just have no way of reaching it.

And unrelated. Holy shit. The music/atmosphere in Skellige is god tier. Amazing stuff so far.

Sai

I... Don't think there's a gate for you to pass between the point in your screenshot, and the wall that the diagram is behind.

Lemme go check real quick.

Hoplatee

I... Don't think there's a gate for you to pass between the point in your screenshot, and the wall that the diagram is behind.

Lemme go check real quick.

Gate as in that entrance to drop down to. I cant interact with it. The ladder should be in place there with the gate unlocked afaik.

Auctopus

Just had a 'nostalgic' trip through my screenshots of the game and was reminded of many great moments from my initial play through.

Metal Gear is gonna have to really be something special to beat this for my GOTY.

Sai

Gate as in that entrance to drop down to. I cant interact with it. The ladder should be in place there with the gate unlocked afaik.
Ohhh, now I get(and see) what you're talking about. Sorry about that.

That's weird. You can't just drop down either? But then if you could 'n did, you'd have no way out...

Only other way to get in would be via the other gate, which you can only access after getting the sewer key from the nearby prison. But, that's torwards the end of the game. :/

Hoplatee

Ohhh, now I get(and see) what you're talking about. Sorry about that.

That's weird. You can't just drop down either? But then if you could 'n did, you'd have no way out...

Only other way to get in would be via the other gate, which you can only access after getting the sewer key from the nearby prison. But, that's torwards the end of the game. :/

Nope. Nothing. Even interacting with the Witcher Senses on the wall does nothing. Ah well. Atleast i will get it then eventually :p Not the set I want to craft but it annoys me anyway. Will try some (by now) ancient save files and check out where it 'broke'.

Joco

I've experienced a new glitch for me on 1.08. Was overburdened just south of Novigrad when I happened upon a wandering trader, so I talk to him and select the "Show me your wares option". However selecting it does nothing, only goes back to allow you to choose" show me your wares" again, while the menu of the shop never opens, making it impossible to sell or buy anything from him. Tried another wandering trader, no luck. Seems to be only the moving traders though, as merchants in the city seemed unaffected.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I'm experiencing a glitch with the Novigrad Dreaming main mission...

*light spoilers*

As I go into the old house to look for the dreamer, there is a secret basement. It doesn't look like it's required to go down there yet, but when I do and climb down the ladder, I try and leave once I am done by climbing back up the ladder to the main floor but Geralt climbs two steps before climbing back down. Almost like he's stuck.

Any suggestions?

RedSwirl

There is no god damn way I can beat Yoana's deck right now.

Is there some kind of optimal order of people you're supposed to beat in Gwent to start getting good cards? I've only managed to beat maybe like four random merchants and only two gave me any cards. Only a couple other merchants I've found have any cards to sell.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
There is no god damn way I can beat Yoana's deck right now.

Is there some kind of optimal order of people you're supposed to beat in Gwent to start getting good cards? I've only managed to beat maybe like four random merchants and only two gave me any cards. Only a couple other merchants I've found have any cards to sell.
The cards you get from the merchants are from a randomized pool and the merchants seem to scale with you.

No real tips. Just keep playing, but don't be surprised if you don't get a great card from an opponent that was hard to beat. Got Philipa Eilhart from one of the easier merchants.

Speaking of Yoana, could they not have put her in a worse location? The fast travel spot for Crows Perch was poorly located.

Coreda

So I'm experiencing a glitch with the Novigrad Dreaming main mission...

Any suggestions?

You could try meditating and seeing it that fixes the glitch. Another option would be to check the Load Game menu for autosaves, there may one prior to entering.

Unrelated but I've found that some glitches such as a zoomed camera or no music are sometimes reset upon relaunch of the game.

Radec

I restated the game on B+BB after initially playing on normal, is it me or is the combat actually not much harder? Main difference is you don't get vitality back from meditation, but that one skill (sun and stars?) nearly accounts for that

You should have just went Death March.

The only challenging part there was the first ghouls encounter.

Some monsters hits hard, but Ursine gear solves that easily.

Semper88

I'm fucked, I'm like 85% through the story and I ran into a bug that makes me unable to run and i'm semi zoomed in. I'm 40/160 on the iventory..

Nothing worked, old save/restart.

Edit:

A save from 3 hours ago worked, fuck this game.

Hoplatee

Decided to check out where my Diagram quest bugged out and well, as I suspected

Before / during
Get Junior

y3t5hLv.jpg

After

H0g8qrH.jpg

Well, that blows :(

Perhaps it's not a bug but it seems weird that you only could get that diagram until that time.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You should have just went Death March.

The only challenging part there was the first ghouls encounter.

Some monsters hits hard, but Ursine gear solves that easily.
I agree. Deathmarch is very hard if you're trying button mash your way to victory, but it's very doable (some even say too easy) if you take advantage of your potions, oils, signs and do proper mutations/upgrades.

I'm pretty damn happy with my Deathmarch build. I started by upgrading my signs so that Quen (shield) and Axii (mind control/stun) got top priority. Then started upgrading my alchemy for the second tree so I could eventually access the skill that allows all mutagens to be 50% more effective. For the third tree I focused on upgrading my attack so I could get access to strong and quick attack upgrades, as well as arrow blocking (very nice on Deathmarch). The fourth tree will be an additional alchemy tree since it required so many points to get mutagen bonus skill.

tauke

I just reached Kaer Morhen after 100 hours of gameplay...

Soon to be level 25 and this game never failed to let me down. I love how the layout for Kaer Morhen is 90% identical to the layout in The Witcher!

Anustart

I've found the arrow blocking is largely pointless. Anytime there's an archer you also got 4 guys with swords on you, so you can't block the arrows anyway.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
I've experienced a new glitch for me on 1.08. Was overburdened just south of Novigrad when I happened upon a wandering trader, so I talk to him and select the "Show me your wares option". However selecting it does nothing, only goes back to allow you to choose" show me your wares" again, while the menu of the shop never opens, making it impossible to sell or buy anything from him. Tried another wandering trader, no luck. Seems to be only the moving traders though, as merchants in the city seemed unaffected.

I remember that one - he's bugged. It's just him though

Been listening to the soundtrack after finishing the game yesterday. All the tracks are so so good.

I just reached Kaer Morhen after 100 hours of gameplay...

Soon to be level 25 and this game never failed to let me down. I love how the layout for Kaer Morhen is 90% identical to the layout in The Witcher!

It really felt right back at home. They did an amazing job with Kaer Morhen. And also Vizima.
The game really keeps you on the edge of your seat from Kaer Morhen onwards.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Been listening to the soundtrack after finishing the game yesterday. All the tracks are so so good.

It really felt right back at home. They did an amazing job with Kaer Morhen. And also Vizima.
The game really keeps you on the edge of your seat from Kaer Morhen onwards.

Unlike the Mass Effect games where the Citadel felt like a different place each trip

I've read uninstalling and re-downloading that DLC has fixed it for some on PC.

i'm on PS4 .. so i'll just wait for them to patch this. thankfully i was able to rollback my save 4 minutes before and i'm trying to take the gwent trophy but it seems that i won't be able to get it either.

Unlike the Mass Effect games where the Citadel felt like a different place each trip

Lol I don't even remember the Citadel anymore. The consistency of Witcher games is crazy. Felt like one long ride instead of three joined ones.

Bonus Vizima comparison pic.

Also to those who finished the game
That scene with Emhyr never happened right? Was it part of one of the endings?

Majestad

Banned
Has it been said how good this game is? Because it is fucking amazing. Looking at the clock I've been playing for almost 50 hours and I'm level 18. It excites me that apparebtly I still have a shitload to do since I don't want the game to end yet.

Yeah, they definitely stayed true to their past work :) Same for Kaer Morhen.

Dat polished floor in Witcher 1 though, lol. Not sure if I'm impressed or if it's too much.

You are impressed, don't be afraid to admit. :p Even I'm impressed that it holds up even now, at least it does for me.

Could someone post some pics of Kaer Mohen from the previous games? This I gotta see.

There is an album with 30+ images. It may look a little different but still feels like the same place. I'll post a few here.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm loving this game. No idea how long I've played since the PS4 game time counter is broken, but it's a sizeable chunk and I'm still on Act 1 as I've been doing sidequests and contract at/below level before tackling story missions. I got to Skellige yesterday and just finished the
ice giant
quest earlier.

The sidequests in this game are better than the main quests in most WRPGs, and I love how many of them tie together and/or back to the main story.

mcfrank

Holy shit, the sleepy dwarf quest is some terrible narrative killing nonsense. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea in the final stretch?

Majestad

Banned
Fuck my Fists of Novigrad quest is glitched. The person I need to talk to to start the quest is floating in the sky a d I can't reach it :(

daviyoung

Banned
Holy shit, the sleepy dwarf quest is some terrible narrative killing nonsense. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea in the final stretch?

Yeh, the game just grinds to a halt here. It starts to stretch things Wind Waker style way before this though.

Radec

I wanted him to die
as well like the 2 dwarves.

I went with the angry Geralt knocking on that door and still ends up with looking for those 3 dwarves.

Then they left Geralt and Ciri on that island.

Fuck my Fists of Novigrad quest is glitched. The person I need to talk to to start the quest is floating in the sky a d I can't reach it :(
I know that sucks but made me laugh imagining it.

What I love about Skellige are the number of smugglers caches, those are my favourite to get /sarcasm.

BTM

I know that sucks but made me laugh imagining it.

What I love about Skellige are the number of smugglers caches, those are my favourite to get /sarcasm.

Seriously though....why are there so freaking many caches. Who thought it'd be fun to sail around to a bunch of those and then having to dive in the water. And then there's the 10000 Sirens flying around everywhere dive-bombing your boat

I wanted him to die
as well like the 2 dwarves.

I went with the angry Geralt knocking on that door and still ends up with looking for those 3 dwarves.

Then they left Geralt and Ciri on that island.
I played good boy Geralt for most of the game, and that was one of the first times that I tried to rush through a scenario with an angry response...and still had to go hunting for those damn dwarves.
Emotional payoff was worth it though imo.

Berto

I played good boy Geralt for most of the game, and that was one of the first times that I tried to rush through a scenario with an angry response...and still had to go hunting for those damn dwarves.
Emotional payoff was worth it though imo.
The dwarf
falling from the rock and dying was worth it.

Top Bottom