• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

g23

European pre-madonna
OK real talk. Did anyone else thik that the main quest would have for sure been about done after the battle of kaer modan?

Not that I'm complaining, Jesus this game is epic. That act had so many badass moments.

The Chef

Currently I am
Recruiting help from different areas
. How far am I from completion of the main story? Trying to get my timing right before Fallout 4.

JoeNut

Currently I am
Recruiting help from different areas
. How far am I from completion of the main story? Trying to get my timing right before Fallout 4.

a good way off yet, but you'll do it before fallout.

I have just finished the game, and i must say (serious spoilers)
i was really disappointed, "ciri is dead" didn''t have me going for a second, she was clearly going to be alive and waiting in the pub you were randomly going to. i also thought the way she goes through the portal to stop the white frost and then you're just told 2 weeks later that she did it was really poor, surely that couldve been a playable part of the game? i really thought the last 5 or so hours dragged a lot and i was just hoping for it to finish.

still a very good game which i have thoroughly enjoyed.

aku:jiki

OK real talk. Did anyone else thik that the main quest would have for sure been about done after the battle of kaer modan?

Not that I'm complaining, Jesus this game is epic. That act had so many badass moments.
Pretty much everyone did.

rakhir

Spoiler Romance question.

I told to Triss to stay but she left anyway. After that I slept with Yen. I still haven't got the option to tell Yen that I love her but plan not to. Is it still possible to romance Triss or to sleep with her? If I don't tell Yen that I love her will I end alone?

romances

Your romance with Triss didn't end with that scene, let's put it that way. You don't have to romance Yen if you don't want to.

i was really disappointed, "ciri is dead" didn''t have me going for a second, she was clearly going to be alive and waiting in the pub you were randomly going to. i also thought the way she goes through the portal to stop the white frost and then you're just told 2 weeks later that she did it was really poor, surely that couldve been a playable part of the game? i really thought the last 5 or so hours dragged a lot and i was just hoping for it to finish.

It's really weird to see so different feelings depending on what epilogue you have. I was delighted by mine, and i can't imagine how it would be with yours.

Hoplatee

Youtube the other good/best ending. It is way better/emotional. I myself dislike the ending you got for many reasons as well.

Spoiler Romance question.

I told to Triss to stay but she left anyway. After that I slept with Yen. I still haven't got the option to tell Yen that I love her but plan not to. Is it still possible to romance Triss or to sleep with her? If I don't tell Yen that I love her will I end alone?

First sex with Yen is always 'free'. Even if you romanced Triss she doesn't care. However if you don't tell Triss you love her right before she leaves you can't romance her later anymore. So if you reject Yen now as well you will indeed end up alone

Edit - reading your post again and not sure if you said you loved her. She leaves no matter what but you mention you didn't sleep with Triss but that should happen if you tell her you love her. If you did you are fine. Just don't say that to Yen later.

Karl Hawk

Banned

I'm probably the only one, but I didn't think that way. I had a gut feeling that there's more after fighting
Eredin and the Wild Hunt at Kaer Morhen

Yu Narukami

Romance spoiler question.

Wait how is it now? Someone says it doesn't end if you don't tell Triss you love her and another one says it ends? I told Triss to stay but she left anyway. Am I screwed with her?

Hoplatee

Wait how is it now? Someone says it doesn't end if you don't tell Triss you love her and another one says it ends? I told Triss to stay but she left anyway. Am I screwed with her?

Read my edit.

Did you say you love her and then had sex? If yes, you romanced Triss. If that didn't happen you failed to romance her. She still leaves but can't say more without spoiling.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Yeah....
I wouldn't be surprised if more people avoid the bad Ciri ending now that Gaunter O'Dimm gives you advice how to avoid it in case you side with him and finish the expansion's main quest before finding her

Please don't read the spoiler until you play and finish Hearts of Stone

Wow really? Shoot I dont get a hole lot of game time during the week. Better start cranking away.
It's hard to give a time estimate, but you may want to put an entire saturday or two aside for playing before FO4 comes out if you don't get a lot of time during weekdays. Either that or just give up the idea that you'll be playing FO4 on release day. You easily have 10+ left.

The Chef

It's hard to give a time estimate, but you may want to put an entire saturday or two aside for playing before FO4 comes out if you don't get a lot of time during weekdays. Either that or just give up the idea that you'll be playing FO4 on release day. You easily have 10+ left.

Daaang. Ok thanks dude! Man this game just keeps giving.

Yeah, the game is vague on this, but if she left without you sleeping with her, you failed the romance. The dialog options here are very vague and you might think you're saying the right thing, but you're not.

Hoplatee

Yeah.... I wouldn't be surprised if more people avoid
the bad Ciri ending now that Gaunter O'Dimm gives you advice how to avoid it in case you side with him and finish the expansion's main quest before finding her

Please don't read the spoiler until you play and finish Hearts of Stone

You should probably add the last bit before the spoiler text in case someone reads it before the warning :p

Kalentan

Another quick question, does it matter the order I do quests? Like I was thinking of going to do Bloody Baron after doing Keira's quest but before doing the Swamp.

Sai

Another quick question, does it matter the order I do quests? Like I was thinking of going to do Bloody Baron after doing Keira's quest but before doing the Swamp.
Keira, Crookback Bog, Bloody Baron, then Novigrad, and Skellige.

Doesn't really matter all that much, to be honest. I just got Keira out of the way since it had the lowest recommended level, then followed the events surrounding the trail Ciri left.

The only part that matters is that you should head to Skellige the instant you hit the suggested level for the quest named "Destionation: Skellige". You will want to stick around and work on side quests and stuff you have open, but resist that urge and get on the boat ASAP. You're meant to jump back and forth (as opposed to clearing everything in each area before moving on).

Hoplatee

It doesn't matter. Did Keira and Skellige first. Pretty interesting!

If there is interest I could upload a video of the changes / extra dialogue / quest if you do it in that weird order.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ah so basically i got the crappy ending, nice.

That's what i get for not reading any guides or anything.

Kinda, but you really got that ending because when given the option throughout the game, you didn't choose to make Ciri happy, you chose something else.

I really liked the way they did the ending to the game, in some quests, like the red baron, the consequences don't match the decisions and that's great in it's own way but the ending ties in pretty well to your actions.

SpaceWolf

Banned
So just completed the game a couple of days ago and...

ENDING SPOILERS.

...my story ended with
Ciri deciding to become a Witcher and Geralt shacking up with Yen and living the rest of his days with her in happy retirement. So far so good. But then I'm told....Radovid ended up becoming king of the universe before burning half the population of the world alive.

Man, I feel terrible. I consciously refused to do the initial assassination mission because 1) I was afraid the mission would lead to someone even worse being put in charge (as is the way these things often end) and 2) Because I thought Witchers were supposed to be politically neutral, being a people dedicated to slaying beasts and not monsters. Clearly though, I thought wrong.

raw

Some other random end-game thoughts:

-What the fuck happened to Priscilla?
-Triss or Yennifer? Neither, Cerys all the way.
-All the children in this game sound like creepy adults.
-I'mma let you guys finish, but Gwent is probably the best mini-game of all time! (but not nearly challenging enough)
-The crafting system in the game is a bloody mess.

I'm riddled with guilt now. Oh well. At least all my main characters got a happy ending.

Hoplatee

I encounter so many new things on my second playthrough. I was laughing so damn hard if you
romance Triss and then argue with Yen in KM during the Disturbance quest. She goes nuts and teleports you far away into the sky into some lake haha.

Geralts reaction afterwards just makes it even better. 'Nice view!'

Some other random end-game thoughts:

-What the fuck happened to Priscilla?

It's why I hate that ending. Youtube the other good/best ending since replaying to get it in your case would take ages. It gives way more closure,

You can talk to D and Zoltan. D mentions she recovered fairly well and it actually made her voice more raw but for now D is singing. Might not remember it 100% correct but it is something along those lines.

Lunar15

In my opinion, the ending where
Ciri becomes Empress
is the most enjoyable ending. Sure, it's bittersweet, but the dialogue between Geralt and Ciri is the best of all the endings, and I felt like you talked to the other characters a bit more.

Hoplatee

In my opinion, the ending where
Ciri becomes Empress
is the most enjoyable ending. Sure, it's bittersweet, but the dialogue between Geralt and Ciri is the best of all the endings, and I felt like you talked to the other characters a bit more.

Yup!
Saying goodbye forever was so emotional. You don't have to obviously but that whole scene really is done well no matter what dialogue option you pick

And White Orchard looks stunning covered in snow!

JoeNut

So just completed the game a couple of days ago and...

ENDING SPOILERS.

...my story ended with
Ciri deciding to become a Witcher and Geralt shacking up with Yen and living the rest of his days with her in happy retirement. So far so good. But then I'm told....Radovid ended up becoming king of the universe before burning half the population of the world alive.

Man, I feel terrible. I consciously refused to do the initial assassination mission because 1) I was afraid the mission would lead to someone even worse being put in charge (as is the way these things often end) and 2) Because I thought Witchers were supposed to be politically neutral, being a people dedicated to slaying beasts and not monsters. Clearly though, I thought wrong.

same ending i got, crap right?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
New game plus presents interesting opportunities that are not available in the NG.

For example, you could conceivably do all of Skellige before even touching the Blood Baron or Novigrad in NG if you started NG plus at a very high level (like say level 50).

Here are the questions that would come up if you did all of Skellige first:
You would already know you needed to find UMA and I wonder how that scene would play out once UMA shows up in the room with the Bloody Baron?
As for Novigrad, what reason would you have to find Dandelion, since you would know that helping Uma was the key to finding Ciri?

It just seems like NG+ would potentially create opportunities to completely break the game.

BeeDog

Has anyone attempted to grind the "Master Marksman" trophy as of late? I swear I've done a bazillion rounds at the Devil's Pit, trying to headshot the bandits, but I still haven't gotten the trophy. I've also wasted points on that stupid crossbow slow-mo, but either the trophy counter is broken or I have serious issues registering headshots.

Can anyone share the trick for this, or is it supposed to take ages to get this one? :(

Sai

Has anyone attempted to grind the "Master Marksman" trophy as of late? I swear I've done a bazillion rounds at the Devil's Pit, trying to headshot the bandits, but I still haven't gotten the trophy. I've also wasted points on that stupid crossbow slow-mo, but either the trophy counter is broken or I have serious issues registering headshots.

Can anyone share the trick for this, or is it supposed to take ages to get this one? :(
This helped me out quite a bit.

The trophy is a pain regardless. Brace yourself.

Karl Hawk

Banned
You know what, I'm utterly convinced the only reason some people prefer
Empress Ciri ending is because of the emotional impact

Witcher Ciri ending is better IMO. The Witcher's world should fuck off and Ciri sure as hell don't owe them anything. Sure its selfish, but so what? She gets to do what what she always wanted

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

It will take ages and its one of the worst trophies to exist in any game. How CDPR thought it was a good idea I will never know.

I have a ways to go before I can even use this, but is crafting the legendary wolven silver sword requiring a legendary wolven silver sword a bug, or did I take one too many blows to the head?

Hoplatee

New game plus presents interesting opportunities that are not available in the NG.

For example, you could conceivably do all of Skellige before even touching the Blood Baron or Novigrad in NG if you started NG plus at a very high level (like say level 50).

Here are the questions that would come up if you did all of Skellige first:
You would already know you needed to find UMA and I wonder how that scene would play out once UMA shows up in the room with the Bloody Baron?
As for Novigrad, what reason would you have to find Dandelion, since you would know that helping Uma was the key to finding Ciri?

It just seems like NG+ would potentially create opportunities to completely break the game.

I did most of Skellige before the others but I did do Keira first. I did what you spoilered and recorded it. It's a bit different. I only
recorded the Baron part and the extra quest to find out where Uma is. You already know it from the Baron but it's a fun little bit of extra information. The Baron is great in the scene.

D knows the words of the curse because Ciri kept saying it all the time to not forget. Without them you can't break / free. So he plays that part in the mystery and not so much to find out if Ciri was in Novigrad all things considered

Want me to upload them?

It's great that they give you that freedom. No one would ever do it but I was amazed at that they just let you and I prefer the odd way.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I did most of Skellige before the others but I did do Keira first. I did what you spoilered and recorded it. It's a bit different. I only
recorded the Baron part and the extra quest to find out where Uma is. You already know it from the Baron but it's a fun little bit of extra information. The Baron is great in the scene.

D knows the words of the curse because Ciri kept saying it all the time to not forget. Without them you can't break / free. So he plays that part in the mystery and not so much to find out if Ciri was in Novigrad all things considered

Want me to upload them?

It's great that they give you that freedom. No one would ever do it but I was amazed at that they just let you and I prefer the odd way.
Please do.

BeeDog

It's a bitch, you just have to persevere.

Does the bit about using Axii and then shooting them from the side make sense? If that's confusing I can record some gameplay if it helps.

It does make sense, so thanks for that! I guess the only problem I see is if you round up too many enemies near the invisible wall, circle around and get hit by the others while you try to aim. But still, the strategy sounds good.

misho8723

Banned
I have seen a lot of people voicing the same opinions in these threads.

As a man, Cerys is indeed a fine woman.

But as Geralt, a man who is even older than her father, I find it weird as hell to even think about it.

He had sex with Shani in the books, no? And she was 17 in there

misho8723

Banned
I'm almost done with the main game and up to now I would call the writting in this game brilliant.. but then I played the missions Reason of State and I don't understand what the hell happened..
the start of that mission and the reason why they wanted to kill Radovid is understandable, but the end to that quest doesn't make any sense.. Dijkstra is acting totally out of character and his plan is really stupid and the choice he offers to Geralt isn't even really a choice - you're not choosing between a smaller and bigger evil, like most choices in Witcher games are.. and why does Dikstra fight even though he knows he isn't a good fighter and he is against Geralt, Roche, Ves - all of which are really good at fighting.. why didn't he poisoned the wine instead? Or used his archers? Why the world is the same after this, maybe the biggest thing (event) for Northern countries in the game ?- yeah, I know it changes the ending, but other than that the world is the same nonetheless.. No one mentions that the biggest foe of Emhyr has died.. like what the hell?

In a game where choices are everything, the biggest event which should have had the biggest consequences, and still nothing happens...
A really, really disappointing quest in a otherwise great written game.. again, what the hell happened?

I'm almost done with the main game and up to now I would call the writting in this game brilliant.. but then I played the missions Reason of State and I don't understand what the hell happened..
the start of that mission and the reason why they wanted to kill Radovid is understandable, but the end to that quest doesn't make any sense.. Dijkstra is acting totally out of character and his plan is really stupid and the choice he offers to Geralt isn't even really a choice - you're not choosing between a smaller and bigger evil, like most choices in Witcher games are.. and why does Dikstra fight even though he knows he isn't a good fighter and he is against Geralt, Roche, Ves - all of which are really good at fighting.. why didn't he poisoned the wine instead? Or used his archers? Why the world is the same after this, maybe the biggest thing (event) for Northern countries in the game ?- yeah, I know it changes the ending, but other than that the world is the same nonetheless.. No one mentions that the biggest foe of Emhyr has died.. like what the hell?

Yeah, the writing kind of went off the rails at the end of that quest.
Djikstra
went from shrewd and canny to full-blown murderous Bond villain in about 30 seconds. Kind of a disappointing end to that plot thread.

Karl Hawk

Banned

In a game where choices are everything, the biggest event which should have had the biggest consequences, and still nothing happens...
A really, really disappointing quest in a otherwise great written game.. again, what the hell happened?

Aye.

If there's ever gonna be an Enhanced Edition, a re-designed (at least in terms of writing) Reason of State quest should be one of the top priorities.

JoeNut

Have you made a save after finishing your playthrough?

yeah, should it come up in the main menu below/above the bit that says new game, or do i start a new game and then it gives me an option?

Anyway to be fair with FO4 a couple weeks away i'd probably be best just doing the sideys on my current game

Lanrutcon

Yeah, the writing kind of went off the rails at the end of that quest.
Djikstra
went from shrewd and canny to full-blown murderous Bond villain in about 30 seconds. Kind of a disappointing end to that plot thread.

I feel exactly the same way about the
Crones

It came down to a hand to hand fight them. lol?

Top Bottom