• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The armor and weapons set along its diagrams disappearing in NG+, yes. They're working on it.

None of this is an issue in regular new games, right? Is there anything other than Skellige's Most Wanted that is still completely broken for a normal playthrough?

Donos

Just bought this for 39€ and Wasteland 2 (both PS4). Damn console screenshot thread broke me.
I don't know when i even have time to tackle both games. Iamalreadydead :(
Sadly i missed Witcher 2 (laptop to weak) and only played half of Witcher 1.

It took me ages to really get into this, but now it is easily my favourite game of the year, and one of my all-time favourites. Its almost the perfect story-driven RPG.

The quest design is brilliant. Even the most mundane sounding side-quest can lead to a fun little mini-story, and the voice acting and dialogue for all of them are great. I really enjoy that there are few all round good guys or bad guys in the Witcher. Its much more realistic and interesting than being black and white.

I've lost count of the times I have just had to stop and take in the view as I explore the world too. Skelige in particular is gorgeous, and feels like a credible place. The way the wind blows the trees and shrubbery give the world a much more 'alive' feel.

I've probably overdone the side quests a bit as I'm level 24 and not even finished act 1 yet, but I'm really playing for the story and exploration at this point. Its hard to concentrate on the main story when the side quests, treasure hunts, and contracts are so well written and fun.

In short, I fucking love this game.

iNvid02

Long shot, but is there some mod to toggle first person or at least hide Geralt /UI to take screenshots? So many amazing screenhots would be taken if I could get a clean UI.

they said 1.10 has a native toggle hud option for PC, default key is supposed to be HOME on keyboard but i heard it doesn't work properly yet. bound to be a hide ui mod on nexusmods though

Coreda

Long shot, but is there some mod to toggle first person or at least hide Geralt /UI to take screenshots? So many amazing screenhots would be taken if I could get a clean UI.

Friendly HUD can toggle every UI element, in addition to a very neat 'live' meditation feature and direction-based objective marker overlay.

As for hiding Geralt you can install the debug console mod and use F2 (IIRC) to enter free cam mode.

Just make sure both mods are updated for 1.10, not sure if the console enabler mod is yet.

Lion mane, bearded Geralt with the Wolven armour looks so good. mein gott
It took me ages to really get into this, but now it is easily my favourite game of the year, and one of my all-time favourites. Its almost the perfect story-driven RPG.

The quest design is brilliant. Even the most mundane sounding side-quest can lead to a fun little mini-story, and the voice acting and dialogue for all of them are great. I really enjoy that there are few all round good guys or bad guys in the Witcher. Its much more realistic and interesting than being black and white.

I've lost count of the times I have just had to stop and take in the view as I explore the world too. Skelige in particular is gorgeous, and feels like a credible place. The way the wind blows the trees and shrubbery give the world a much more 'alive' feel.

I've probably overdone the side quests a bit as I'm level 24 and not even finished act 1 yet, but I'm really playing for the story and exploration at this point. Its hard to concentrate on the main story when the side quests, treasure hunts, and contracts are so well written and fun.

In short, I fucking love this game.

It really is amazing; I second everything you mention. That feeling of having something short and straightforward morph into this remarkable quest is just sublime. So few games try to surprise you in that manner, without trumpeting everything from the rooftops, and even fewer could pull it off so consistently.

The most amazing part, for me, is Act 1 itself (which I'm still in since launch, lol. Took a long break!). For any other game, Act 1 would be The Game. I can't even imagine what the other acts are like.

I'll never understand how CDPR managed to pack so much into the Witcher 3. It's absolutely crazy.

What's scarier is them saying Cyberpunk 2077 is far bigger.

The funny thing is that playing through heart of stone i'm coming across quests from the main game i hadn't done ..i thought i had done Everything , but NOPE i still have stuff to do ..i'm actually scared to think that i've overlooked a sizeable chunk of quest content

I'm NOT done with this game ! ( Rejoice ! )

The funny thing is that playing through heart of stone i'm coming across quests from the main game i hadn't done ..i thought i had done Everything , but NOPE i still have stuff to do ..i'm actually scared to think that i've overlooked a sizeable chunk of quest content

I'm NOT done with this game ! ( Rejoice ! )

Yeah, but how many of those unfinished quests are going to net you more than like, 10 exp?

I finished one the other day and I got exactly 1 exp point.

After what felt like 50 hours, I finally arrived at Skellige.

Knowing that I tend to do EVERY sidequest I come across, how much trouble am I in and how far am I into the game ?

It's funny because the sidequests in the game are so interesting I play them for the story and gameplay rather than the reward.

Spoilers for Novigrad sidequests :
The Priscilla agressor sidequest was awesome imho.

After what felt like 50 hours, I finally arrived at Skellige.

Knowing that I tend to do EVERY sidequest I come across, how much trouble am I in and how far am I into the game ?

It's funny because the sidequests in the game are so interesting I play them for the story and gameplay rather than the reward.

You're less than 50% through the game.

As for your spoiler, don't worry, everyone does that.

Yeah, but how many of those unfinished quests are going to net you more than like, 10 exp?

Actually i'm lv 37 , was doing a lv 25 quest i've missed that gave me 27xp BUT the quest was linked to another lv15 quest and when i've finished it it gave me a nice lv 37 sword(green) and 54 xp points

You never know with this game, it's trully full of surprises

Thought I'd give this game a go after putting it down for a while.

First quest I need to talk to a blacksmith, but the game won't let me do it. I google and find that if I keep meditating until he's in a certain position, it'll let us speak. Next quest the game won't let me dive underwater. After a few minutes of frustration I reload my save and it works. Next quest I'm navigating a lighthouse and it takes legit 20 seconds for me to get Geralt to climb a ladder. Then the janky movement and awkward camera cause me to fall off and die. Cue long ass load screen.

*removes disc from PS4 and puts game back on shelf*

TCRS

Banned
alright someone help me with the novigrad quests:

I have finished them, so what the fuck happened to the huge treasure? have I found it and just missed that scene or something? I have no idea. I have freed dandelion etc. but no talk of the treasure.

also wtf at the ending of the cabaret quest. that was a very good quest.

god I fucking love witcher 3

Alpende

Regarding the
treasure
. I think it's possible for you to find it
but you have to let Menge torture Triss
, I didn't do it on both playtroughs though so I'm not too sure.

alright someone help me with the novigrad quests:

I have finished them, so what the fuck happened to the huge treasure? have I found it and just missed that scene or something? I have no idea. I have freed dandelion etc. but no talk of the treasure.

also wtf at the ending of the cabaret quest. that was a very good quest.

god I fucking love witcher 3

Regarding the
treasure
. I think it's possible for you to find it
but you have to let Menge torture Triss
, I didn't do it on both playtroughs though so I'm not too sure.

You need to use Axii during a conversation. It was handled a bit poorly by CDPR and they should've made it more obvious, and yeah if you fail that it's a tad strange how the treasure is just dropped. It's mentioned a little in act 2. Anyway, Menge was the only person who knew where it was, and if you kill him, you'll never find it.

TCRS

Banned
that's silly. oh well.

one thing that bugs me as that you hardly ever get to see the fancy northern part of novigrad. was that an afterthought or why are there hardly any missions there?

TCRS

Banned
I've just started skellige, where am I now? damn it I thought I'm nearing the end lol. this game is never ending.

I've just started skellige, where am I now? damn it I thought I'm nearing the end lol. this game is never ending.

Like I said, still in act 1. I'd say you have more than 50% left if you do much in Skellige. Act 2 and 3 are way, way shorter than act 1, but just saying you'll be back in Velen and Novigrad, and other locations too. In either case, you're nowhere near the end :)

One of the best things about this game is that I do the quests for the quest, rather than the EXP. They are so well written that I don't want to miss out on fun little adventure, even if I'm way overlevelled and won't receive any particularly useful reward. There are quite a few examples of pretty epic side quests that start off with a seemingly unassuming task.

Denton

that's silly. oh well.

one thing that bugs me as that you hardly ever get to see the fancy northern part of novigrad. was that an afterthought or why are there hardly any missions there?

Area north of Novigrad is extensively expanded in Hearts of Stone expansion, there is plenty of stuff to do there.

One of the best things about this game is that I do the quests for the quest, rather than the EXP. They are so well written that I don't want to miss out on fun little adventure, even if I'm way overlevelled and won't receive any particularly useful reward. There are quite a few examples of pretty epic side quests that start off with a seemingly unassuming task.

All three Witcher games are like this. Who needs fucking grinding and useless rewards when we can have well written interesting experiences instead ?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game today, getting this ending.
Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt is alone because I fucked up with Triss and Yen.

I'm sad now. At least it could be worse.

Finally back into this.

Dumped
Yen. Felt bad.

Now I am gonna go crown the next leader of Skelage.

Game is very pretty but boy...a few weeks of MGSV its weird going back to the rocky 30fps feel.

One of these days Ill get a decent PC. One day.

Davide

Game is very pretty but boy...a few weeks of MGSV its weird going back to the rocky 30fps feel.

One of these days Ill get a decent PC. One day.
This is the reason I've stopped playing MGSV and I'm just sticking to The Witcher, the 60-30 fps makes the game feel too awkward every time.

I really like how expressive Geralt is in TW3. (I want to say the previous games relied on the VO to emote) This game can do it without a word uttered and it's always a treat to see.

Er, has anyone else had a gwent card disappear from their deck? I'd realised today that I hadn't had
Villentretenmerth
pop up in any of my games recently, and after checking, it's no where to be seen in my deck. I'm a bit baffled.

Did the patch increase enemy health/armor on death march, or am I remembering wrong? Started back up my sign build character to play the expansion, and the lvl 30+ mobs take forever to kill it seems. Igni seems pointless...may have to respec.

illusionary

Did the patch increase enemy health/armor on death march, or am I remembering wrong? Started back up my sign build character to play the expansion, and the lvl 30+ mobs take forever to kill it seems. Igni seems pointless...may have to respec.

I've not seen the details, but there were certainly changes to Death March difficulty. The changelog includes "Improves balance for Death March difficulty."

GOG Galaxy is behaving super weirdly for me.
I can launch W3, but I can't access any of the menus in the Galaxy client (to download the dlc for example), they just seem to try to load for ages.

I've not seen the details, but there were certainly changes to Death March difficulty. The changelog includes "Improves balance for Death March difficulty."

I disagree. :D Yeah, I read they changed things, but I didn't have a clue what that actually meant. Each patch seems to nerf signs in some way.

Every fucking enemy in this game loves chain jump/charge stagger attacks, so I figure the chort decoction would be helpful as I get back into the game, but it doesn't seem to work at all. Stun and stagger is made worse when enemies have tons of health. Monsters and animals dodging away from your sword attacks looks ridiculous. The game is still probably my GOTY, I had a blast with a couple of playthroughs, but I really dislike the changes CDPR are making to the game. I guess I'll just turn down the difficulty to blood and broken bones so I can experience the fantastic RPG aspects.

Oynox

Christ, why do they even put it in the patch notes if they aren't including it. That was the only reason I downloaded that 16GB patch :D

Yu Narukami

Spoiler Romance question.

I told to Triss to stay but she left anyway. After that I slept with Yen. I still haven't got the option to tell Yen that I love her but plan not to. Is it still possible to romance Triss or to sleep with her? If I don't tell Yen that I love her will I end alone?

Kalentan

Hey guys I got Witcher 3 on PS4 at launch but have been holding off till they fixed the performance after playing for a bit. Now that it is, I've decided to continue my journey! However when does the first expansion take place? I was thinking of picking it up.

Denton

Hey guys I got Witcher 3 on PS4 at launch but have been holding off till they fixed the performance after playing for a bit. Now that it is, I've decided to continue my journey! However when does the first expansion take place? I was thinking of picking it up.
You should be level 30. Other than that it can take both before or after the main quest depending on when you play it.
And get it, it's incredible.

Donos

Glad i picked this up on PS4 recently. Yesterday i finished everything at Wild Orchard and went to Velen. I was riding on my horse, it was raining ingame and raining outside my flat, sitting on the couch with a blanket around my shoulder, 5.1 surround sound and the bleak atmosphere from the countryside and village was giving me serious vibes. That was such a great moment that it gave me chills.

And damn we have come a long way in console gaming, even on these laptop CPUs. The faces (animations/expressions) are so good and the women look really attrative and diverse so far.

What is a good sign investing into? So far i almost exclusivly used Igni and gave it two points. Resenting to looking up to much online but there was no real need for it till now.

You should be level 30. Other than that it can take both before or after the main quest depending on when you play it.
And get it, it's incredible.

Thanks, had a similar question in mind. Does the expansion add anything (gear/items/skills/whatever) to the main game?

Lanrutcon

Glad i picked this up on PS4 recently. Yesterday i finished everything at Wild Orchard and went to Velen. I was riding on my horse, it was raining ingame and raining outside my flat, sitting on the couch with a blanket around my shoulder, 5.1 surround sound and the bleak atmosphere from the countryside and village was giving me serious vibes. That was such a great moment that it gave me chills.

And damn we have come a long way in console gaming, even on these laptop CPUs. The faces (animations/expressions) are so good and the women look really attrative and diverse so far.

What is a good sign investing into? So far i almost exclusivly used Igni and gave it two points. Resenting to looking up to much online but there was no real need for it till now.

Thanks, had a similar question in mind. Does the expansion add anything (gear/items/skills/whatever) to the main game?

Quen is always a solid bet.

aku:jiki

It's not a standalone expansion, it's just another (long) side quest added in an area that was barren in the base game. So, yeah, it integrates itself into the main game. Pretty clear case of content they couldn't finish in time for release, but still pretty worth it.

It comes with a few new outfits and weapons, a few new diagrams and a new way to enchant your gear (which most people seem to agree is kinda useless). There's a disappointing lack of new contracts, potions/decoctions or smaller quests a bit meatier than "I buried a chest 2 meters from my corpse".

Donos

It's not a standalone expansion, it's just another (long) side quest added in an area that was barren in the base game. So, yeah, it integrates itself into the main game. Pretty clear case of content they couldn't finish in time for release, but still pretty worth it.

It comes with a few new outfits and weapons, a few new diagrams and a new way to enchant your gear (which most people seem to agree is kinda useless). There's a disappointing lack of new contracts, potions/decoctions or smaller quests a bit meatier than "I buried a chest 2 meters from my corpse".

So it's ok if buy it at the end of my first playthrough. Thanks.

Top Bottom