• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher |OT| Damn all dissonances

Grinchy

Banned
Pankaks said:
The game will fuck you over like this alot. Don't ever rely on autosave helping in TW1.

I know it doesn't help you now, but be sure to F5 every time you do something important.
Oh F5 saves?? Man I wish I knew that. The autosave is definitely pointless in this game, and I have been burned a couple times already. I'm not thrilled about games that handle saving like this. Dragon Age: Origins also forced the player to manually save every 5 seconds too. I will never understand how this seems like a good gameplay decision during the game's development.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bebpo said:
Need help with chapter 2:

So after doing the autopsy and discovering Ramsmeat was innocent I talked to him and he seemed like a good guy. Meanwhile after talking to the detective Raymond after the autopsy he seemed pretty shady.

Now the game is telling me for my primary quest I have to follow the detective and kill Ramsmeat. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't want to kill him because it seems like he's being setup by Raymond who is the bad guy.

Also even if I wanted to kill Ramsmeat, it seems literally impossible for me to do right now. Even with a swallow potion and lots of aard spam, there's like a dozen guys and while I'm instant killing 1 or 2 or 3 of them, the rest slice my HP down to zero ridiculously quick and I just can't beat this fight in any way.

Need help, cause right now I'm stuck and can't advance the story either way
Its a spoiler either way...

Go to cemetery, go into the crypt on the side, discover a certain body

It should open up a new path.

And while Aard is good to start with, You should be jacking up Igni now since its more effective.

Van Buren

Bebpo said:
Need help, cause right now I'm stuck and can't advance the story either way
Have you been to the cemetery yet ? The gravedigger who grants access is to the right of the Order of the Flaming Rose building. If you explore the cemetery crypts, you will gain other ways to do the quest.

Bebpo

Banned
Thanks, I went to the cemetery (it was the one place I hadn't explored yet) and
found the body; but if I expose Raymond instead of trying to fight Ramsmeat, it gets me into a fight with Azad-Raymond and it seems unwinnable even with Blizzard, Swallow, Tawny Owl. Even if I'm doing good, when I get to about 30% HP left it goes into a cutscene where Azad kills me.

Is this path even doable? Or is it a dead end and I need to kill Ramsmeat?

Van Buren

Bebpo said:
Is this path even doable? Or is it a dead end and I need to kill Ramsmeat?

I just lied to "Raymond" that Ramsmeat was dead. I don't think Geralt is supposed to engage Azad at that point. If the option to lie does not come up, you might have to kill Ramsmeat through brewing 3 or more potions and using oils. Did you follow all the trails and conclude that Ramsmeat could be innocent though ? This quest is very non-linear depending on whom you interact with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Started playing this about a week and a half ago, and I'm loving it, even in the face of the technical mess that is the modified Aurora engine (the game has crashed at least a dozen times).

EytDG.png

Just reached Chapter 5. I denied Foltest's request for poker, so am I screwed or can I play him later on? Also, does Dandelion act as the character "stashier" for the entirety of the chapter or just the opening section at the Dike? I grabbed all my monster teeth just in case.

Grinchy

Banned
I see I'm not the only one wondering if there is a mod for running speed or if there is any reason to use a weapon other than the sword. I know there's a do-it-yourself way of upping the running speed, though.

Teknoman

Looking at the general opinion around the net, seems like secondary weapons (in the Witcher 1 anyway) are really just good for selling. People are just focusing on getting better steel or silver swords.

Van Buren

Jarmel said:
So I just started Witcher, does the combat get any better? The combat is some of the worst I've played in any RPG.
The combat feels better as you unlock the higher combo chains for your sword strikes. This should start happening around Chapter 2. Until you get a handle on the combat timing, rely on potions if things get too rough - half the battle in the Witcher universe is decided by how well-prepared you are.

Bliddo

Jarmel said:
So I just started Witcher, does the combat get any better? The combat is some of the worst I've played in any RPG.
No, it only gets more infuriating.
Suck it up and enjoy the rest of the game, it's worth it.

JaseC said:
Started playing this about a week and a half ago, and I'm loving it, even in the face of the technical mess that is the modified Aurora engine (the game has crashed at least a dozen times).

http://i.imgur.com/EytDG.png/IMG]

Just reached Chapter 5. I denied Foltest's request for poker, so am I screwed or can I play him later on? Also, does Dandelion act as the character "stashier" for the entirety of the chapter or just the opening section at the Dike? I grabbed all my monster teeth just in case.[/QUOTE]

Regarding Foltest, I believe that's the only chance you'll get. As for Dandelion, best to grab what you think you'll need.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Jarmel said:
It's always about the same when it comes to melee. (Just wait until the game starts dropping you into tiny rooms with 5 attackers who all start pounding you the instant the loading concludes.) Magic and potions speed up encounters considerably though.

Bebpo

Banned
Just finished up chapter 2. Boy that was a long chapter. Various comments and questions:

-Ok, so I'm broke all the time in this game. I think I finished ch.2 with like 300oren total in my inventory after having to pay all these PRIMARY QUEST STORY people money left and right to progress in the plot. On top of that if I actually want to finish monster killing subquests by getting drops and not see "UNKNOWN HERB" everywhere I go I have to blow tons and tons of money on books if I don't find them in houses lying around. I don't even have enough money to buy all the books I want at this point. Not to mention I haven't spent an oren on equipment to date. Unlike most wrpgs/jrpgs where if I do most/all of the sidequests I'm rolling in dough and can buy everything and still have cash left over, here I feel like I'm always poor and just scraping by. All the items I have from enemy drops/herb picking/looting are sellable for like 1oren each; aka worthless. I'm I going to start having more money later on or do I need to start gambling? I've avoided all the dice/fisticuff gambling quests because in general I always skip gambling in rpgs because I suck at it and end up losing money.

-Really like the way the areas are built. Very detailed where every foot counts. Loads of npcs and subquests everywhere. I like how most of it is connected and the world is fleshed out. It feels very old school crpg in a good way.

-That being said sometimes things don't always seem to fit together and acknowledge each other perfectly, so there's a bit of jank feeling in the worldview/plot.

-If I was an expert modder and I could change a few things to make it a perfect game, I would change: 1) add fast travel when you click on the circles on the map & 2) add a WAIT button to just sit down anywhere and wait to a later time. Really, my only complaint about the game in general is how, similar to errand boy Dead Space, the bulk of my 15 hours of playing so far feels like it's been running back and forth, back and forth, talk to person A, then to B, then to A, type questing and the Shenmue style "everyone has a 24 hour clock route" makes it even worse because sometimes you talk to person A and then you need to talk to person B but they aren't there at the same time as person A so you have to then run to the nearest sleep place, then go talk to B, then rest back to the first time period where you know person A is and talk to him again. I appreciate the atmosphere it adds by everyone having their own routine, but it also just adds extra hassle to getting stuff done. Does the pacing/questing get better from ch.3 on?

-Plot is ok; not a whole lot so far, but the characters are good.

-At the end of chapter 2
why did Azaz and the Professor leave Geralt and run when he was down instead of killing him? Doesn't make much sense.

ALSO I want to stress how ANNOYING it is that after ALL THAT WORK of the detective stuff and then setting up this huge trap for Azaz with the TEN FREAKING SEPIROTHS in maze swamp to get the jump on him....you lose the fight and it was all worthless. For such a loooong questline that is the main plot of chapter 2, that's not very rewarding!

Anyhow, good game so far.

Bebpo said:
Just finished up chapter 2. Boy that was a long chapter. Various comments and questions:

-Ok, so I'm broke all the time in this game. I think I finished ch.2 with like 300oren total in my inventory after having to pay all these PRIMARY QUEST STORY people money left and right to progress in the plot. On top of that if I actually want to finish monster killing subquests by getting drops and not see "UNKNOWN HERB" everywhere I go I have to blow tons and tons of money on books if I don't find them in houses lying around. I don't even have enough money to buy all the books I want at this point. Not to mention I haven't spent an oren on equipment to date. Unlike most wrpgs/jrpgs where if I do most/all of the sidequests I'm rolling in dough and can buy everything and still have cash left over, here I feel like I'm always poor and just scraping by. All the items I have from enemy drops/herb picking/looting are sellable for like 1oren each; aka worthless. I'm I going to start having more money later on or do I need to start gambling? I've avoided all the dice/fisticuff gambling quests because in general I always skip gambling in rpgs because I suck at it and end up losing money.

What are you buying? I just finished it on hard without any vendor price mods and had every single useful book you can buy, bought the 5k armour in chapter 3 and still had about 5k at the end. Are you doing all the contracts? The best side-quests for money are the ones where the Royal Huntsman tasks you with killing a specific monster, they're usually several times more lucrative than the regular contracts.

Bebpo said:
-That being said sometimes things don't always seem to fit together and acknowledge each other perfectly, so there's a bit of jank feeling in the worldview/plot.

My favourite is when it's raining in the Temple District but not the Trade District ;)

Bebpo said:
-If I was an expert modder and I could change a few things to make it a perfect game, I would change: 1) add fast travel when you click on the circles on the map & 2) add a WAIT button to just sit down anywhere and wait to a later time. Really, my only complaint about the game in general is how, similar to errand boy Dead Space, the bulk of my 15 hours of playing so far feels like it's been running back and forth, back and forth, talk to person A, then to B, then to A, type questing and the Shenmue style "everyone has a 24 hour clock route" makes it even worse because sometimes you talk to person A and then you need to talk to person B but they aren't there at the same time as person A so you have to then run to the nearest sleep place, then go talk to B, then rest back to the first time period where you know person A is and talk to him again. I appreciate the atmosphere it adds by everyone having their own routine, but it also just adds extra hassle to getting stuff done. Does the pacing/questing get better from ch.3 on?

The timing of NPC spawns is a massive pain in the first game, but thankfully they fixed it in the 2nd game by making it so that the quest marker is actually the NPC's current location, not where they should be.

As for pacing and stuff, chapter 3 and 4 are tied for me. Chapter 3 is great because you have a really massive area to operate in with loads of NPCs and side-quests, and chapter 4 is really attractive visually and is really all about Geralt himself even though that may not seem obvious at first.

Bebpo said:
-At the end of chapter 2
why did Azaz and the Professor leave Geralt and run when he was down instead of killing him? Doesn't make much sense.

ALSO I want to stress how ANNOYING it is that after ALL THAT WORK of the detective stuff and then setting up this huge trap for Azaz with the TEN FREAKING SEPIROTHS in maze swamp to get the jump on him....you lose the fight and it was all worthless. For such a loooong questline that is the main plot of chapter 2, that's not very rewarding!

I'm of the belief that Vizima Confidential is one of the best quests ever to appear in a video game, but you only appreciate how amazing it is if you've done it a few times on different runs and done different things. For me the pay off for chapter 2 was the chapter itself.

As for the fight with Azar, he's forced to fight you in a place where he's weakened so as soon as it looks like you're about to kill him the professor bails him out. You're also not supposed to have survived that poison except that Triss locates you psychically and rescues you in time.

It makes more sense later in the game, and that's all I'll say on that for now.

Bebpo

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
What are you buying? I just finished it on hard without any vendor price mods and had every single useful book you can buy, bought the 5k armour in chapter 3 and still had about 5k at the end. Are you doing all the contracts? The best side-quests for money are the ones where the Royal Huntsman tasks you with killing a specific monster, they're usually several times more lucrative than the regular contracts.

I'm not buying anything other than enemy/plant books and paying people everytime they ask me for money to further a quest/subquest. Also the 5orens for each river crossing, and 5orens for sleeping at the inn here and there.

It's less that I'm spending a lot (well, the books are FRIGGEN EXPENSIVE. 500 oren for a single book? Even when I sell it back after reading it for 100 oren, that's still 400 oren per book) and more that I just don't make a whole lot. Sure I get a few hundred for each of these sidequests, but that's not a toooon. And outside of quests there's really no way to make money in the game so far. Enemy drops aren't worth anything; herbs aren't worth anything; stuff you steal from people's houses aren't worth anything. I dunno, it seems like if you buy too much stuff you could really screw yourself over the next time a main plot quest needs you to pay since if you've exhausted your sidequests there's really no way to get money quickly (maybe gambling solves this?).

Will be nice if I can find some way to afford that 5000 armor at some point in this chapter. But starting at 300 oren, I dunno how I'm going to get 4700 not counting all the money I'll be forced to spend in the chapter >_<

Narag

Yeah I finished it on Hard myself basically buying booze for potion base and necessary books. Skipped the 5k armor and weapon upgrades aside from stuff I'd find and ended up with 12k orens left over.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Bebpo said:
I'm not buying anything other than enemy/plant books and paying people everytime they ask me for money to further a quest/subquest. Also the 5orens for each river crossing, and 5orens for sleeping at the inn here and there.

It's less that I'm spending a lot (well, the books are FRIGGEN EXPENSIVE. 500 oren for a single book? Even when I sell it back after reading it for 100 oren, that's still 400 oren per book) and more that I just don't make a whole lot. Sure I get a few hundred for each of these sidequests, but that's not a toooon. And outside of quests there's really no way to make money in the game so far. Enemy drops aren't worth anything; herbs aren't worth anything; stuff you steal from people's houses aren't worth anything. I dunno, it seems like if you buy too much stuff you could really screw yourself over the next time a main plot quest needs you to pay since if you've exhausted your sidequests there's really no way to get money quickly (maybe gambling solves this?).

Will be nice if I can find some way to afford that 5000 armor at some point in this chapter. But starting at 300 oren, I dunno how I'm going to get 4700 not counting all the money I'll be forced to spend in the chapter >_<

If you stick to doing sidequests you'll have plenty of cash. Even buying the armor myself in early Act III, I made up the 5k I tossed away without effort doing more sidequests in the same chapter. I also bought every book from the vendors to fill my glossary. Chapter 2 and 3 throw so many quests at you that you will often be surprised how quickly the rewards rack up. I also had no clue how I was expected to afford the books and the armor when first entering Act II, but by the end I was rolling in dough for all the errand running.

Also, dice. No need to even grind it, but a few games here and there can help add to your coffers. The game tends to favor the player too which makes high risk betting very viable(just save between rounds to be safe).

All told though, don't even stress about it. I finished on Hard recently and the game gets so easy that the armor is total overkill anyway.

Gvaz

Banned
I finally finished this game this year before TW2 came out, after all those years. God damn.

Never paid a penny for it either. I got one copy with my 8800, another was gifted to me on steam :D

I got a new PC laptop this week after years of being Mac only. The first thing I did was install the Witcher, which I had purchased during the Steam sale in anticipation of having a computer that could play it.

I don't know what it is about the game but it's really compelling. It's sort of janky, but somehow it's greater than the sum of its parts. It's really scratching the itch I've had for a great CRPG to get lost in. I almost beat Chapter One last night, but the Beast kicked my ass. People weren't kidding when they complained about that fight – it really comes out of nowhere. I ended up going back to an old save and I'm making sure I have Ard powered up and enough potions and grease for my sword. I'm also clearing up any of the quests I have left in the chapter, now that I know when it ends. I can't wait to dive into it more this weekend... I wish I was home playing it right now. Stupid job!

garath

I made the mistake of buying the Witcher 2 since it was on sale for $40. I've been playing through the original Witcher. I'm either chapter 4 or chapter 5 at this point
I'm at the point where there's a wedding between bumpkins and I found Berenger, etc

It's so painful playing through it and running back and forth to complete quests and move everything along when I know the Witcher 2 is beckoning me. I have to be getting close to beating the game. Stick it out or move to the superior game now??

Gvaz

Banned
garath said:
I made the mistake of buying the Witcher 2 since it was on sale for $40. I've been playing through the original Witcher. I'm either chapter 4 or chapter 5 at this point
I'm at the point where there's a wedding between bumpkins and I found Berenger, etc

It's so painful playing through it and running back and forth to complete quests and move everything along when I know the Witcher 2 is beckoning me. I have to be getting close to beating the game. Stick it out or move to the superior game now??
Stick through it. That's the only bad part of TW1

edit: also that's the 3/4 way mark in chapter 4. You have about 3 hours left of 4, chapter 5 is about 5 hours or so, and epilogue is about 30-60 minutes depending on how long you decide to take.

Jugendstil said:
I don't know what it is about the game but it's really compelling. It's sort of janky, but somehow it's greater than the sum of its parts.

This is one of my favourite descriptions of The Witcher, totally spot on.

Deadstar

I just beat the game! Man, it was incredible. I'm so glad I picked this up for $5. I played it for over 40 hours. Witcher 2 is almost done downloading!

A few annoying parts here and there but by the end I was a god.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Jugendstil said:
I got a new PC laptop this week after years of being Mac only. The first thing I did was install the Witcher, which I had purchased during the Steam sale in anticipation of having a computer that could play it.

I don't know what it is about the game but it's really compelling. It's sort of janky, but somehow it's greater than the sum of its parts. It's really scratching the itch I've had for a great CRPG to get lost in. I almost beat Chapter One last night, but the Beast kicked my ass. People weren't kidding when they complained about that fight – it really comes out of nowhere.
After all the build up here's how it went for me:

Beast appears. I hit it once.
Beast dies.

Didn't even have time for buffs or spells. Answering the questions right apparently really do steal the thing's viagra.

How does it go if you have a hard beast fight?
The villagers attacked me so I had to butcher then all.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
subversus said:
Painfully.
I was more curious about how the villagers react after you stop getting smacked around etc. ;)

So far the nastiest boss fight I've had was that giant spider that kept biting me in the ass and killing me in one hit while I was trying to collapse the cave.

Just finished the game and WOW.
That ending video with the assassin! Oh man, so good!

This was easily the best $5 I have ever spent. What a great effort for a first game, and the passion for the source material was really evident. I'm really excited to play 2 now.

Was there any specific thing I needed to do to have a save file ready to import? I just saved at the last moment available to save in the game, so I would assume that is close enough?
Also, no official time recording, but I suspect I put in well over 60 hours. I'm slow. : (

Time to go read through all the various spoilered posts I had to skip.

Typographenia said:
Was there any specific thing I needed to do to have a save file ready to import?

As long as you have a save game from
The Order of the Flaming Rose headquarters or the ice plains you'll be fine. Pretty sure it filters out saves from before those areas when you're picking one to import.

hlhbk

OMG Chapter 2 of the origional Witcher is one of the most frustrating experiences ever. I have blocked out the spoilers below.

I am at the part where I have accused the alchemist of the murder, and the detective is now going to meet us at the tower. I can't figure out how to get the alchemist to come with me though? Suggestions? I just want this chapter over.

I sure hope everyone is correct that the game gets much better after this.

Narag

I believe you can just go to the tower now to advance the story rather than trying to drag Kalkstein there.

Tags for spoilers are [ spoiler][ /spoiler] with the spaces removed.

hlhbk said:
OMG Chapter 2 of the origional Witcher is one of the most frustrating experiences ever. I have blocked out the spoilers below.

I am at the part where I have accused the alchemist of the murder, and the detective is now going to meet us at the tower. I can't figure out how to get the alchemist to come with me though? Suggestions? I just want this chapter over.

I sure hope everyone is correct that the game gets much better after this.
Loved that chapter. Think it's the best one in the game. But the other ones are different, so you might like them better than me.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
If you enjoy lengthy RPGs, fantastic stories and don't mind a few small budget quirks, you should enjoy this game.

Don't be put off too much by the start of the game. It is a bit slow for a few hours. But it'll pick up and get crazy soon enough.

Quick edit: Also, clean out your saves once in a while. The save folder can get crazy big due to the silly way they handle save files. I was about 3/4 through the game and noticed a 10 gig folder on mine. But I spammed F5 when I played. >->

Okay, going to post a bit more elaborated stream of thought on the game and ending below.
Spoilers abound!

For reference:
|| Path: Neutral || Alvin with: Triss || Armor: Raven || Let Berengar live/died helping fight Javed ||
|| Fought King of Wild Hunt for Grandmaster || This feels like just the beginning of my life ||

Chapter 4
was pretty exciting, and I loved the squabble between the Voldyani and Cow people. It was incredibly hard on my crappy laptop in some sections (fighting the summoned water guy at the temple with like 3fps haha). Still, chapter 4 was probably my favorite location, except for being unable to run around the area with the town with sword drawn. I'm really jealous after looking through this thread and seeing the screenshots from rigs that run on higher than the lowest setting. : (
The "dialogue" with the Fish Monger King was hilarious, by the way.

Chapter 5
was nice, but I really hated going back to the swamp again. It would have been far more tolerable were it not for the navigation around the rocks. That and all of the weak enemies that dotted the landscape and constantly kept me from entering caves. Still, I was so happy that de Wett was a bad guy. Probably one of the few people in the game I just wanted to slice the moment I talked to him. Rescued Adda, but it was rather anti-climactic. Felt weird seeing that painted image of her married to King Radovid. Seemed happy though...

Epilogue
was really short, but man did it pack a punch. It was rather sad seeing the temple quarter in ruin, but there were more pressing matters at hand. It was disappointing how easy it was to blaze through the last segment of the game with igni leveled so high, great armor, and the best swords. Still, the payoff of getting the Grandmaster was awesome.

I loved how the things I told Alvin in Ch4 came back to bite me. It was even more depressing since I didn't know how to answer most of the time and just chose something for the heck of it. Really liked Triss/Adda helping in the fight to Grandmaster, but I wasn't expecting Adda to be in Striga form after her cutscene. I almost started attacking her, hahaha!

Loved, loved, loved that the King of the Wild Hunt showed back up for a final decision. Told him to back off, and taught him a thing or two about fighting. Not to mention the "but that sword is for monsters" was one of the coolest things in the whole game. Ended up telling Dandelion that it was the start of a new life since things were under new order (kind of), Geralt still didn't have his memory, and it just felt like things were all "let's rebuild!"
Also, that freaking ending cinematic... Rewatched it like 4 times last night. SO GOOD.

Random Thoughts

One of my favorite parts of the last chapter/epilogue was the interaction and payoff from who you associated with in the game. Loved going into that one refugee house and hearing from so many people I hadn't seen in what felt like forever.

I, unfortunately, ran into a bug that really frustrated me. When I got before the cloister I saved over the "final stretch" save I was using. I prepped with a ton of potions, accidentally used a white honey and lost all of my stats. "Okay, I'll reload." However, when it would load up it sat on a black screen playing the background music. Ended up only having to replay the last 20 minutes or so, but I didn't want to mess with Zeugl or running around again. Really killed the pacing I had going!

I'm not sure how it will play out in 2, but I was rather disappointed that we never really kept in touch with the others from the prologue. All that time spent gathering info on Berengar and Salamandra, but we never met with the other witchers? Felt like a loose end, personally. I think I remember Triss saying something about telling them, but it just sucked not doing it in person.

Really didn't think Berengar was going to show back up, so it was really cool to see him try to help out during the fight against Javed. I understood where he was coming from, but I just thought his way of dealing with his issues was way wrong. Figured he would be an outcast and scorned pretty much everywhere so I let him live with what he had done. Glad to see him redeem himself through his sacrifice.

Time to play Price of Neutrality since I still can't play Witcher 2 yet.
Thanks for the help, jim-jam.

Jomjom

Banned
My Google powers are weak. Hopefully someone in the know here can help me out. I'm installing Witcher: Enhanced Edition (NOT Director's Cut). From what I found Googling, I downloaded Patch 1.4, 1.5, and the Director's Cut patch. From what I found there is also something called a "blood" patch? Is that within one of those 3 patches, or is this something else entirely?

Also as far as the procedure I just patch 1.4, then either 1.5 or Director's Cut in any order right?

Are there any patches I am missing for the entire experience?

Thank you thank you thank you for any help in enjoying this game to the fullest!!

Furio53

So i bought the enhanced edition on steam and it won't launch at all... haven't found any solutions... running windows 7 64bit. My system specs are more than capable. Anyone had this issue or know a solution? I'd like to play this before witcher 2

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Furio53 said:
So i bought the enhanced edition on steam and it won't launch at all... haven't found any solutions... running windows 7 64bit. My system specs are more than capable. Anyone had this issue or know a solution? I'd like to play this before witcher 2

what does it say?

Furio53

subversus said:
what does it say?

nothing... just does the installation for the first time launching, and then since then, just says preparing to launch etc.

The loading icon for the mouse pointer comes up and then just goes away and... nothing happens.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Furio53 said:
nothing... just does the installation for the first time launching, and then since then, just says preparing to launch etc.

The loading icon for the mouse pointer comes up and then just goes away and... nothing happens.

system reboot?

The quest "Following the Thread" seems to have glitched for me. I've tried googling for a solution, but I've only found people with the same problem as me.

The problem is that I can't get past the bars in the sewers. I have the key, but I can't open the damn door. It just says "Locked", and I can't do anything. I've done all other main quests that I can at this point. Anyone have an idea what I can do?

EDIT: I found the solution in a Youtube comment of all places... I had to push the rubble away with the sign... Gah, I feel stupid for not thinking about that. I guess that's what happens when you stay away from the game for over a month and forget that you can do such things.

ss_lemonade

Finally, just beat the game and I'm more than excited to move to Witcher 2 now. Amazing how I was able to resist playing the sequel, especially after trying the game out once when I bought it during release date.

Just did the first 90 mins and I'm on chapter 1 now.

So far it's nothing amazing, with horrible combat, but I can see it really digging its claws in soon. I really like Triss and I assume I'm going to get more freedom soon, so that's when I'll start to really enjoy it.

Top Bottom