• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World's Most Dangerous Gangs (Top 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

MS-13, yeah I saw some documentary about them (I think it was Gangland) and if I ever saw any of them, I would star far away.

Also, as cliched as it is, I'm surprised the Triads or Yakuza weren't on this list.

lol, do they even do anything (in America anyway)?

Major triads from Japan, and Hong Kong are closely affiliated with the Bamboo. Including Yamaguchi-gumi and 14K, you will always see them attending major Bamboo member's funerals. Yakuza is known dead in Asia.

The most recent Bamboo over sea activity that was on the news was this one from 2013:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/taiwan-gang-hit-man-gets-prison-vegas-killing

Major triads from Japan, and Hong Kong are closely affiliated with the Bamboo. Including Yamaguchi-gumi and 14K, you will always see them attending major Bamboo member's funerals. Yakuza is known dead in Asia.

Yakuza is far from "dead"; not sure how anyone would think they are.

Yeah ms-13 talk has been a reoccurring thing in my life growing up in la with parents from El Salvador, some scary shit! like old wives tales about the horrible shit my family has seen.

ЯAW

Banned
They are no longer dangerous and can be called as a "triad".
lol, where are you getting this? Yakuza has been hit hard in recent years because of goverment crackdown on organized crime, but they are still there. They run drug business, human trafficking, etc. business just like all the gangs mentioned in OP. In what scale and how many bodies they leave behind them is another story, doesn't still make them less dangerous. I would say that the most crazy and scary gangs are in Africa and Latin America. Shit they do is just fucking insane.

caramac

Gramercy Riffs need to be in the OP.

RIFFS!

riffs_s.png

I laugh about those gangs

stuck in evolution , seriously

machete gangs LOL

or these all tattooed gangs

HAHAHAHA

hardly can speak a sentence without cursing

welcome to the stone age

So if United Bamboo is so powerful, could you pay them to hunt down and assassinate terrorist leaders?
Or have them kill powerful members of the other three gangs.

Yes. Asian gentlemen gangsters are definitely my Favourite. The other ones look like low class thugs.

Hey if you're gonna slash a dude's throat might as well do it while looking stylish as fuck. Real life Agent 47.

Yakuza is far from "dead"; not sure how anyone would think they are.

The Yakuza lost a lot of power in the 80's and 90's. Most of the big groups tried going legit and invested their money in businesses. They're not dead but their power was lessen with the growth of the Bamboo.

LOL man wish this was the first post! I've Always thought gangsters look like such try hards, same as bikies. Grow up and get a job.
While that might apply to most low tier ganbangers some pf these dudes love this way of life and there's plenty of power in areas where police activity is weak or corruptible.

Yes. Asian gentlemen gangsters are definitely my Favourite. The other ones look like low class thugs.
this just sounds dumb.

Also whatever happened to the mafia?

Formosa

ЯAW;87318055 said:
lol, where are you getting this? Yakuza has been hit hard in recent years because of goverment crackdown on organized crime, but they are still there. They run drug business, human trafficking, etc. business just like all the gangs mentioned in OP. In what scale and how many bodies they leave behind them is another story, doesn't still make them less dangerous. I would say that the most crazy and scary gangs are in Africa and Latin America. Shit they do is just fucking insane.

Yakuza is now formed with 3 groups now. Okay fine.. I shouldn't say they are dead, but they are no where as danger as the 4 gangs that I listed in the OP. You are right about that they do illegal business but "MOST" of the Yakuza don't do that these days because of the crackdown by the Japanese government. The minor drug business, human trafficking, etc. they do can't be compared to the 4 gangs that I've listed in the OP.

ЯAW

Banned
Yakuza is now formed with 3 groups now. Okay fine.. I shouldn't say they are dead, but they are no where as danger as the 4 gangs that I listed in the OP. You are right about that they do illegal business but "MOST" of the Yakuza don't do that these days because of the crackdown by the Japanese government. The minor drug business, human trafficking, etc. they do can't be compared to the 4 gangs that I've listed in the OP.
Yeah, the being dead part just got to me. And I agree that they aren't comparable with the gangs in OP.

wsippel

Banned
MS-13, yeah I saw some documentary about them (I think it was Gangland) and if I ever saw any of them, I would star far away.

Also, as cliched as it is, I'm surprised the Triads or Yakuza weren't on this list.
Maybe established syndicates weren't considered - otherwise, the 'Ndrangheta or Sacra Corona Unita would certainly be on the list as well. On the other hand, established syndicates aren't really "dangerous" for the general public.

Alebrije

Ex-gang leader released on bail after return from China

Taipei, June 29 (CNA) Former gang leader and wanted fugitive Chang An-lo, more commonly known by his nickname "White Wolf," was released on NT$1 million (US$32,874.7) bail only a few hours after his return from China on Saturday.

The 65-year-old was handcuffed as soon as he stepped off an Air China plane Saturday at Taipei International Airport (Songshan Airport), where more than 500 police officers, including SWAT team members, had been waiting for hours.

He said in a media interview in Shanghai earlier this month that he would return to Taiwan to promote unification between the two sides of the Taiwan Strait.

"No matter how long they put me in jail for, I'll be free eventually," he told a Chinese newspaper in the interview.

Some 2,000 members of the Unionist Party and the Bamboo Union, a triad Chang helped lead in his younger days, gathered outside the airport to welcome Chang's return.

201306290016t0001.jpg

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201306290016.aspx

He looks happy ....those police officers should use masks, I will use one if I had to scort him to prision ...

BobLoblaw

Banned
MS-13 is no joke. Even other gangs fear them from what I hear from family members living in Cali.

Bloods, Crips, Nortenos, Surenos, 18th Street, etc. go out of their way just to avoid them.
Sounds about right. Basically, stay out of their shit unless you don't mind not living any more.

Ah, interesting, according to wikipedia a lot of Surenos gangs have 13 in their name for the letter M, for Mexican Mafia, and MS-13 was apparently formed to protect Salvadorans from Mexican gangs, but they also used 13?
Yes, that is correct.

Mexican Mafia controls the Surenos 13, Norte Familia controls Nortenos 14. Both the Mexican Mafia and the Norte Familia are prison gangs.

The 65-year-old was handcuffed as soon as he stepped off an Air China plane Saturday at Taipei International Airport (Songshan Airport), where more than 500 police officers, including SWAT team members, had been waiting for hours.

Talk about overkill. Did they expect an Army of Gang members to attack the airport for this guy? dude is 65.....jeez.

zulfate

Fuck ms-13 lol terrifying gang.
When i visited my cousin in spain there was one time when we where on a train he said "oh shit dont look thats a gang" i just looke and said well there no ms-13 and laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom