• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World's Most Dangerous Gangs (Top 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMtlput.jpg

I'm pretty sure that long hair guy was in kungfu dunk.

Ex-gang leader released on bail after return from China

Taipei, June 29 (CNA) Former gang leader and wanted fugitive Chang An-lo, more commonly known by his nickname "White Wolf," was released on NT$1 million (US$32,874.7) bail only a few hours after his return from China on Saturday.

The 65-year-old was handcuffed as soon as he stepped off an Air China plane Saturday at Taipei International Airport (Songshan Airport), where more than 500 police officers, including SWAT team members, had been waiting for hours.

He said in a media interview in Shanghai earlier this month that he would return to Taiwan to promote unification between the two sides of the Taiwan Strait.

"No matter how long they put me in jail for, I'll be free eventually," he told a Chinese newspaper in the interview.

Some 2,000 members of the Unionist Party and the Bamboo Union, a triad Chang helped lead in his younger days, gathered outside the airport to welcome Chang's return.

201306290016t0001.jpg

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201306290016.aspx

He looks happy ....those police officers should use masks, I will use one if I had to scort him to prision ...

Showing your face is a show of strength.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ah, interesting, according to wikipedia a lot of Surenos gangs have 13 in their name for the letter M, for Mexican Mafia, and MS-13 was apparently formed to protect Salvadorans from Mexican gangs, but they also used 13?

If the gang uses a 13 it means they pay taxes to the Mexican Mafia. Simple as that.

MS attempted to hold out, but eventually caved.

RM8

I don't think there are lower forms of human life than all these people. Just as sad as it is terrifying.

Zeke

I started seeing ms13 tags crop up in my neck of the woods a couple of years back and since I take the bus every where I try to keep one eye open

Ah, interesting, according to wikipedia a lot of Surenos gangs have 13 in their name for the letter M, for Mexican Mafia, and MS-13 was apparently formed to protect Salvadorans from Mexican gangs, but they also used 13?

I've known lots of Sur 13 in southern California, but no MS-13. To me, "13" was always Surenos until mainstream media started talking about MS-13 a few years back. I have no idea which one is bigger in SoCal now.

Asian gangsters are the best to do business with. They like to hide in plain sight, dressing like upstanding citizens, so you don't look like you're meeting up with some lowdown thug. There's always exceptions of course, but of the ones I dealt with back in the day, they were always really clean cut and didn't fuck around with your drugs. They're just as ruthless as any other gang, though, if not more so.

-Eddman-

No Mexican gang? No way!

I guess that's because they don't operate as a typical gang. The biggest cartels like the Zetas or the Sinaloa cartel operate closely with corrupt members of the government and the army, often entirely replacing the government in some southern communities.

I guess they're not seen as a gang because it's not a "community", being part of a mexican cartel is more like a "job".

MS-13 are definitely the scariest to me. But that's because I live in SoCal and not in Kenya. I'm surprised the Zetas didn't make the list.

I've known lots of Sur 13 in southern California, but no MS-13. To me, "13" was always Surenos until mainstream media started talking about MS-13 a few years back. I have no idea which one is bigger in SoCal now.

Asian gangsters are the best to do business with. They like to hide in plain sight, dressing like upstanding citizens, so you don't look like you're meeting up with some lowdown thug. There's always exceptions of course, but of the ones I dealt with back in the day, they were always really clean cut and didn't fuck around with your drugs. They're just as ruthless as any other gang, though, if not more so.

Sounds like you've experienced some shit.

zon

I thought there'd be some crazy gang from eastern Europe too but I'm not exactly complaining about it.

Yep, it's the same for The Asian cats in Texas. I had a big group of Viet friends who did deals and what not. They dressed really nice, said its dumb to make yourself obvious to the police you were a gang. Made for some interesting fights when shit went down and suddenly this big group of cats got up when one was threatened.

Uh...

"I only met with white drug dealers, not the scary ones"

Haha fugging lol!!!

Roland1979

United Bamboo seems most big-screen worthy. Or maybe not worthy, but it would probably make for the most interesting movie. Drugs smuggling, martial arts, huge whore houses, spying, assassinations, clan wars. The script practically write itself.

uberluigi

Banned
MS-13 is no joke, my moms family in El Salvador say they try to make kids young as 10yrs old to join the gang, the gang is ruthless and also cowards as they kill innocent unarmed people to make their presence known.

jerry1594

I guess that's because they don't operate as a typical gang. The biggest cartels like the Zetas or the Sinaloa cartel operate closely with corrupt members of the government and the army, often entirely replacing the government in some southern communities.

I guess they're not seen as a gang because it's not a "community", being part of a mexican cartel is more like a "job".

Same with the Taiwanese guys.

I'm scared shitless of the Kenyans. They have a lot less to lose than American and Asian gangs and just seem way more messy and brutal.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
There was a gang at my high school of rich white kids

They were named the Broadside Brawlers

Every member of the gang was a skinny rich white kid who tried way too hard to be cool

They were literally a joke

TxLWbos.jpg

No joke, son.

LuchaShaq

Banned
ЯAW;87318055 said:
lol, where are you getting this? Yakuza has been hit hard in recent years because of goverment crackdown on organized crime, but they are still there. They run drug business, human trafficking, etc. business just like all the gangs mentioned in OP. In what scale and how many bodies they leave behind them is another story, doesn't still make them less dangerous. I would say that the most crazy and scary gangs are in Africa and Latin America. Shit they do is just fucking insane.

I would say by definition leaving less bodies/less violence makes them less violent than they used to be.

ЯAW

Banned
I would say by definition leaving less bodies/less violence makes them less violent than they used to be.
Yakuza isn't known to leave huge amount bodies behind them. Even in the big gang wars, the death toll was low (according to Kaplan and Dubro's Yakuza: Japan's Criminal Underworld). And I wasn't arguing they are more/less violent then other gangs. Just said they are dangerous as any organized crime syndicate.

The Zetas and their Cartel counterparts are WAY beyond just a gang. They probably supply all of those gangs with drugs, money, guns, etc.

The Mungiki and PCC both go way beyond the normal definition of "gang" too and sound more like militias. Surely the zetas would fit right in.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I know all these guys are dangerous and shit but the African gangs are just leagues beyond all the others in the "terrifying" department. Something about the way they seem so much more in the open and fearless in their displays... and then the type of violence they see to revel in ...

fuuu... gives me the fucking shakes. So many spots on the map i'm just putting red lines through like 'Nope. Nope. Nope. Fucking NOPE. Not going there."

Violet_0

Banned
I know all these guys are dangerous and shit but the African gangs are just leagues beyond all the others in the "terrifying" department. Something about the way they seem so much more in the open and fearless in their displays... and then the type of violence they see to revel in ...

fuuu... gives me the fucking shakes. So many spots on the map i'm just putting red lines through like 'Nope. Nope. Nope. Fucking NOPE. Not going there."

there isn't really much of a difference between African and Central American gangs as far as I can tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom