• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

SoulUnison

Banned
Memory of Lightwaves is a DLC song?

But it's the title screen theme of the game... Literally the first thing you'll hear putting the disc in.

;_;

$40 for the first one felt a bit steep. I was lucky to get on sale for $20.

However, Curtain Call is worth the $40!

Was reluctant to spend money, but this was worth it!

suzu

Reminder to anybody who missed it before, there are two free DLC songs (for a limited time apparently). Make sure to download them!

But it's the title screen theme of the game... Literally the first thing you'll hear putting the disc in.

;_;

Yup. First DLC song I bought, because it makes me feel all fuzzy and nostalgic. lol

;_;

Yeah, I couldn't believe that song wasn't part of the main game's songs. It has to be one of the most popular songs from the game and it's by far the best from it, in my opinion. But I guess they withhold great songs here and there to make sure people are buying some DLC. Sucks but I bought it immediately.

Goli

For some reason I only seem to perform well on Expert scores, but on Basic I keep messing up since it's the notes are usually off to me, and in Ultimate everything's too fast (specially on BMSs). So now I'm stuck on a lv. 71 chaos map that has The Decisive Battle on Ultimate. I'm playing with the stylus that came with the first Theatrhythm since I can't seem to hit the directional notes right with the slide pad, and I honestly don't see how anyone could keep up with the rhythm some songs like The Decisive Battle require you to with a stylus. Ugh.

YES! Long songs don't cut off anymore! Or at least "The Castle" from FF8 doesn't. Having a blast so far.

I'm so glad someone else noticed this! I thought maybe I was just going nuts, "Maybe the songs didn't cut off after all!"

I was so excited to play the awesome Drum/piano part in 13-2's "Eclipse", I shook with delight..and then failed.

I'm addicted again. This is bad news for my productivity.

suzu

Yeah they basically locked like, everything. So if you don't have something unlocked yet, try playing a bit more in all the modes you've already unlocked or get more rhythmia.

pariah164

Damn it. Can't farm the shards in Quest mode. Now what?

Current party is now (character unlock spoilers, just in case)
YuRiPa and Serah. Will switch her out for Fran soon.

I'm surprised how much I'm liking this game. The loads of content and quest mode makes up for everything the first game was missing!

First game felt like a oversized demo and a dlc fest, a huge rip-off.

This one feels like you get your money's worth and dlc doesn't feel like a rip-off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not surprised that they locked everything. Am surprised by how random the starting games were.

Why didn't they go chronologically or something?

Xenthar

Well... 0.99$ for a song or a character does'nt seems so bad, but in the end if it ends up with a shitload dozens of awesome songs and badass character i'll definitly feel riped off...

Gotta buy them all

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm not surprised that they locked everything. Am surprised by how random the starting games were.

Aren't the intial games determined by the first party members you choose? And you unlock everything after you finish a couple of songs.

SoulUnison

Banned

You get the games your initial party are from, so it's not too weird.

It feels weird I haven't unlocked Versus Mode, though.

linko9

WOW. Online battle is a blast. Didn't have any more disconnects, played for the past 2.5 hours straight. Had 20 straight battles with a guy named David; he only won 3 times, but a lot were close. Huge props to that dude for persevering. When I did lose, my score went down bigtime (my ~1200 vs. his ~100) by well over 50 pts. Sitting at just under 1300 now. I actually really like all the EX bursts EXCEPT HP swap. Still really really bad at the spinning triggers, need to practice those.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No wonder my song selection is weird, I just went with...Terra, Cosmos, and two other people who looked cool.

Yeah they basically locked like, everything. So if you don't have something unlocked yet, try playing a bit more in all the modes you've already unlocked or get more rhythmia.

I thought it was hilarious when I tried to go into options but it was locked. I've never seen anything like that.

linko9

No wonder my song selection is weird, I just went with...Terra, Cosmos, and two other people who looked cool.

You just need to beat a song from each game to unlock all the other games. I think... or else 4 from the same game; either way it happens in essentially no time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the other free song? I only got Roses of May.

Swamped

Banned
Yay, unlocked the vs mode and I defeated my first online opponent! I've been playing this game pretty much non-stop since I got home. So fun.

Swamped

Banned
This game is amazing. <3

Pretty much sums it up. I never got the first game so I don't know how it compares...but it just seems like there is an infinite amount to do. And there are a huge number of songs, so I don't think it will ever get boring.

Also, the music of the game itself is fantastic (like the first screen, finishing a song...).

ohlawd

bought

Library of Ancients (V)
Shuffle or Boogie (VIII)
Memories of Waves and Light (X-2)
Crazy Chocobo (XIII-2)

beginning of the end. I was this close to buying Yuffie but I'll unlock more characters for now and see how that pans out.

Manbig

I'm so glad someone else noticed this! I thought maybe I was just going nuts, "Maybe the songs didn't cut off after all!"

I was so excited to play the awesome Drum/piano part in 13-2's "Eclipse", I shook with delight..and then failed.

I'm addicted again. This is bad news for my productivity.

Wait, so every single song in the game is played to completion now? That's pretty much the only thing that has me on the fence with this game at this point. Really happy that they added just about every single song from the first game!

I have just received comfort with confirmation that Paine is in the game and ready to go all night.

I am not liking the new position tracker on field songs. It seems slower and more obtrusive. Or maybe I have yet to adjust to the slower speed difficulties.

jholmes

I made a thread about the game's developer, Indies Zero, over here in case anyone wants to discuss all the wonderful things they've done.

NateDrake

My copy will be here on Thursday. The wait is killing me.

Question: Are the songs in full or are they slightly shorted like the original had?

Bazooka137

Neo Member
I can say now that I have really warmed up to the Online mode. Playing Ultimate Score with EX Burst turned off and getting a player willing to play 3+ songs in a row with you is extremely fun. I even had someone today who we played a back and forth for 13 games, and it was really great.

It seems a bit inconsistent when it comes to wait times. Sometimes I get lucky and find another player in 5 seconds, or it takes 3-4 minutes to find someone. However, I'm sure that can just be attributed to not everyone wanting to play the Ultimate Score No-EX.

Jasconius

Ugggghhh I got one of those crazy long inherited quests from a Japanese player, and after 25 FMS ultimate songs cleared with no problem, I just -CANNOT- beat Theme of Love... the middle and especially the last part just destroy me.

I think I'm going to have to give up although I was hoping to get through the whole thing so that I could set it as my Chaos Map on my Proficard...

linko9

I can say now that I have really warmed up to the Online mode. Playing Ultimate Score with EX Burst turned off and getting a player willing to play 3+ songs in a row with you is extremely fun. I even had someone today who we played a back and forth for 13 games, and it was really great.

It seems a bit inconsistent when it comes to wait times. Sometimes I get lucky and find another player in 5 seconds, or it takes 3-4 minutes to find someone. However, I'm sure that can just be attributed to not everyone wanting to play the Ultimate Score No-EX.

Play with Ex bursts some time, it's incredibly fun! I thought I'd hate it, but now it's pretty much the challenge that makes the online mode so addicting.

After 8 straight hours of playing, stopping only to eat dinner, I'm done for the day. Round 2 begins tomorrow. Think I'll just play a ton more online matches.

The first game was my favorite 3DS game, and this one clearly surpasses it in almost every way. I do miss the randomly generated scores from the first game, but with so many songs, I can't complain at all. I thought I'd play this until Smash comes out... I'm beginning to think that even once smash comes out this game will be eating up most of my time. Would honestly be shocked if I didn't end up putting well over 200 hours into this. If anyone's on the fence at all; get it!

Whogie

Really happy with this game. I had a lot of problems with the original. I played it a good amount and never unlocked a character. Now I'm building a small collection. Buttons are a nice addition for battle, but they're too weird in field. And no more stoic bonus means items and abilities aren't useless :)

Reminder to anybody who missed it before, there are two free DLC songs (for a limited time apparently). Make sure to download them!

Thanks -- grabbed 'em.

Oh shit, Crazy Chocobo! Done.

Top Bottom