• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Teknoman

Gonna go on an adding spree later. Probably need to remove some older friends that may have sold their 3DS or something, especially with Smash and Pokemon on the way.

It appears that the DLC tracks auto integrate themselves into the Quest Medley maps. Pretty cool, thought I would only be playing them in Music Stages mode.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
why

why is there no real emotion (ffx2)

that's ffx2's best song

Well after two days TFF:CC has become my most played DS game this year, and my 6th most played overall (the original is 4th).

Yeah, I don't play my 3DS much.

Anustart

I know that feel. It's bullshit that it's not included.

Know what else is bullshit? Ultimate Songs. I can't beat the bosses, even at level 99, which means no shards for me!

Level 99 Terra with Ultima and magic boosting skills one shots every boss I've ever faced.

Also, what's up with rarity on quest maps? I have a p level 99 map.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's just me but some songs are too long too. The Castle extended quite a bit from the original version fyi.

Some songs should be Insane instead of Ultimate. I notice the difficulty for some songs spike up very high.

I think certain ultimate songs provide just the right challenge. And some are just too much.

And Expert is just too easy.

XaosWolf

Things I hate:
- Near-continuous Mobster Buff
- Sudden spinning slide notes in FMS
- Auto moving circle in FMS when you're trying to catch back up
- Wave note mode
- Rotating notes in general
- Every other track in quest mode being a FFXIII track
- Aeris' Theme is a BMS
- Glaring lack of Liberi Fatali again (I don't think FFVIII even has an EMS)

Everything else I absolutely adore.

jholmes

Things I hate:
- Near-continuous Mobster Buff
- Sudden spinning slide notes in FMS
- Auto moving circle in FMS when you're trying to catch back up
- Wave note mode
- Rotating notes in general
- Every other track in quest mode being a FFXIII track
- Glaring lack of Liberi Fatali again (I don't think FFVIII even has an EMS)

Everything else I absolutely adore.

Good list. I'd put Real Emotion on there too.

daydream

Banned
Game seems pretty darn incredible, I'm only stopping because I'm getting super sleepy.

If only they had removed EMS completely, that would have been great. Also, the volume in general is quite low and for some songs it's so low, you'd think it was a sound bug or something.

Jeez, I can't kill Chaos in my Lv87 Quest Melody. I have a 0* Lv99 party. I guess I need to optimize a BMS team. He comes up as the 4th enemy and I can't kill the first 3 enemies before the summon comes up even if I have Scare (ejects 2nd enemy). I tried pumping each character's boss killer move but it's still not enough.

Has anyone else been having issues with non-responsive button controls? Yesterday, I had a stretch of multiple swipe notes in a row where my analogue nub just... stopped responding. I almost failed the song entirely because only red/green notes worked.

A few seconds later, the nub worked again and I could swipe notes again, work the menu's etc.

Seeing stories of people breaking their nub off by playing Smash Bros has me kind of worried that it'll come flying pretty soon. Makes me scared to keep using the buttons for BMS.

Falk

that puzzling face
rKov3BA.jpg

I just got this and I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

edit: Okay, I discovered the ability screen hahahah. This game is going to eat up so much time I don't have.

Things I hate:
- Aeris' Theme is a BMS

I actually love how they made Aerith's Theme a BMS. It harkens back to that memorable part of FFVII. I remember specifically making a save in that part of the game because of how emotional it was fighting Jenova while that theme was playing.

Stuart444

I never had much of an issue with EMS songs in the last game and well... I've not been able to try any EMS songs in this game yet outside of the tutorial but I do miss some of the songs being EMS' from the last game. :( All changed to B/EMS

I am still baffled by the lack of Liberi Fatali from FFVIII. Seems so obvious being the op cutscene song.

Sad about some other songs (Like the landing) are not in but Liberi Fatali is the one that really annoys me.

How do you unlock the online versus? Do I need more Rhythmia (?) or play the AI battles or somethin?

Also does the game have some kind of matchmaking rank or is it totally random?

Top Bottom