• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Robin64

untitledj9p37.png

ohlawd

lol they used FFCC's world map music. Come on SE, they are much better songs in that game to use than that.

thanks, suzu, everyone buy Locke's Theme kthx.

suzu

Six minutes of One-Winged Angel is too much for me. Ain't nobody got time for that! Just Locke's Theme for me.

And yeah, I don't like that CC song they picked. I still don't understand their song choices. D:

So for NA/EU, they've been releasing the DLC songs quicker than it was for JP (by bundling two packs into one bigger pack)... we'll have all the available DLC before the month is over.

Scoop-Li

There was a magazine photo floating around with Gau from FF6 as a DLC character. Upon looking at the Japanese Theatrhythm site, I do not see him listed. Was the pic fake?

MrDaravon

THUNDERGOD CID AWWWWWWW YISS

ahem

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a cap on how many of a single Collectacard you can have stored? I have a bunch of cards that I have 6 of, and I'm wondering if that's the cap or not. I kinda don't want to mess around with using cards right now as it seems like that can get kind of crazy, but if I'm maxed out on some I obviously want to burn those off.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish they released Via Purifico and Ipsen's Castle now. :|

LuuKyK

Wow, I did not know there was going to be more DLC aside from the ones that released in Japan (they stopped with the one that had Cloud Alternate there right?).

Anyway, Locke's Theme is a lock for me, such a great song. Also, Another Moon, I guess. Its so hard buying one song only. :C

suzu

No, they stopped releasing new DLC for JP a few weeks before the game was released in NA/EU. The last character was Vincent.

SE hasn't said if they were going to continue releasing anymore DLC after we get everything.

Almyn

I would really like the exp map that's been going around, If anyone would be able to trade it sometime within the next few hours?

FC: 2449-4637-0946

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Needs moar FFVIII music :/

While IX is far from my favorite FF game, I do have to admit the music from that game is phenomenal.

Yea and sadly we won't get freja's theme, probably the best song of ff9...:(

I will buy all chocobo dungeon dlc though, man that game has astounding remixes.

RpgN

Bizarrely, at least in the original Theathrhythm, EMS felt easier on Expert and even (except for FF8's EMS, which can go fucking die) Ultimate. Fewer awkward pauses and less waiting, so I got into the groove more. But I'm unsure if that's the case for Curtain Call's EMSes.

This sounds very familiar. I think I felt the same way with some versions on Expert and Ultimate. I haven't really tried playing Curtain Call EMS in Expert and Ultimate. I'll report once doing so and see if they're better paced just like with TFF :D

Kirlia

Banned
I'm sorry to ask again, but is the EXP map going around? I'd love to get it, although I'm not really a Quest Medley person, so it'd probably be a one and done match. Let me know and I'll PM my FC.

Zhao_Yun

I'm sorry to ask again, but is the EXP map going around? I'd love to get it, although I'm not really a Quest Medley person, so it'd probably be a one and done match. Let me know and I'll PM my FC.

Are you still around? I could give it to you. FC is in my profile.

Nohar

Yup... Not gonna buy any tracks (or characters, for that matter), no matter how good those are. This is the kind of money-grabbing kind of DLC that I can't condone.

Now, FF Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon have fantastic remixes. I'm happy to have finally discovered this OST ("Last Battle" is ExDeath's (regular) Boss Theme in FFV ~ absolutly wonderful).

Kirlia

Banned
Are you still around? I could give it to you. FC is in my profile.

Ah, sorry! I missed your post. I'm available this evening (my FC is also in my profile!), but if you're not, we can work out a time eventually. :)

I haven't had that much trouble with most of the Ultimate BMSes (FFXIV and Type-0's Ultimate tracks are actually really enjoyable), but god damn, besides Force Your Way, FFIX (mainly the Final Boss theme and the Regular Boss theme) have hellish Ultimate tracks. Fuck you, FFIX!

Zhao_Yun

Ah, sorry! I missed your post. I'm available this evening (my FC is also in my profile!), but if you're not, we can work out a time eventually. :)

I haven't had that much trouble with most of the Ultimate BMSes (FFXIV and Type-0's Ultimate tracks are actually really enjoyable), but god damn, besides Force Your Way, FFIX (mainly the Final Boss theme and the Regular Boss theme) have hellish Ultimate tracks. Fuck you, FFIX!

I would be free for one game now. Just added you!

Kirlia

Banned
I would be free for one game now. Just added you!

Let me add you! I had to head to one of my college classes, but I am available now if you are.

Also, discovered that Maybe I'm A Lion is pretty evil on Ultimate as well. Seems that FFVIII and FFIX have the hardest Ultimate tracks overall.

Zhao_Yun

Let me add you! I had to head to one of my college classes, but I am available now if you are.

Also, discovered that Maybe I'm A Lion is pretty evil on Ultimate as well. Seems that FFVIII and FFIX have the hardest Ultimate tracks overall.

Are you still online? I would be up for one game now!

Zhao_Yun

...wow. Apparently I haven't unlocked Online Battle in Versus Mode yet. Ugh, I'm sorry! Let me work on that, and I'll get back to you tomorrow, okay?

You just have to do one battle against the AI to unlock it :)
I am still awake for half an hour so just msg me if you unlock it before that.

Kirlia

Banned
You just have to do one battle against the AI to unlock it :)
I am still awake for half an hour so just msg me if you unlock it before that.

Thanks much for the map, and good match! That was my first time playing Online Mode and seeing...pretty much all of those status effects, so that was a trip.

Petrie

Banned
Yup... Not gonna buy any tracks (or characters, for that matter), no matter how good those are. This is the kind of money-grabbing kind of DLC that I can't condone.

WTF is this nonsense?

The base game has over 200 songs. It's packed with content.

This is DLC done exactly right.

Teknoman

I was on an anti DLC stance with this game (not that I mind buying them, but I think it's ridiculous you can't hear a preview), but dammit, those romancing saga songs are too fucking good to pass up.

THEY'RE UP?!

Man i've been working so much, I completely forgot to check!

Swamped

Banned
I bought the AC version of OWA! Super fun but tiring. Ultimate is definitely doable if you have enough stamina, it's not that hard. I'm still getting a couple of bads here and there though.

I think I'm going to buy more DLC...I just passed a huge exam today, I can treat myself to some awesome tracks!

Nohar

WTF is this nonsense?

The base game has over 200 songs. It's packed with content.

This is DLC done exactly right.

You said it yourself: the game is packed with content, with over 200 songs, which is more than enough. I don't see the need to buy other songs, especially when those songs are sold 1$/€ each. The game itself is fine. I just disagree with the DLC model of the game. Everyone is free to buy the songs they want for their reasons. I'm free to not buy any of those, for my reasons.

Tarps

You said it yourself: the game is packed with content, with over 200 songs, which is more than enough. I don't see the need to buy other songs, especially when those songs are sold 1$/€ each. The game itself is fine. I just disagree with the DLC model of the game. Everyone is free to buy the songs they want for their reasons. I'm free to not buy any of those, for my reasons.

The pricing is a bit too steep for me, I'm probably going to sit this one out. Now if they released discounted DLC packs....

Great option for people that want a little more though..

Kirlia

Banned

Of the DLC, I'm mostly compelled to get new characters and not new songs. Still, some of the songs (like "Shuffle or Boogie" and the Romancing SaGa tracks) are definitely tempting. I really want SE to make more new characters for this game, but I know it's unlikely, especially since Japan seems to have stopped getting DLC.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Of the DLC, I'm mostly compelled to get new characters and not new songs. Still, some of the songs (like "Shuffle or Boogie" and the Romancing SaGa tracks) are definitely tempting. I really want SE to make more new characters for this game, but I know it's unlikely, especially since Japan seems to have stopped getting DLC.

Wow, this is wildly opposite to my thinking. I can't even muster up the interest in unlocking the characters that are already in the game, the notion of spending money on one is crazy-nutsotimes to me. I spend virtually all of my time in the main song list, just workin through difficulties and trying to hit the score goals I've set for myself. Gimme more music, sure, but characters? Heck, cut the characters (and the quest mode) out of the game entirely for all I care.

Kirlia

Banned
Wow, this is wildly opposite to my thinking. I can't even muster up the interest in unlocking the characters that are already in the game, the notion of spending money on one is crazy-nutsotimes to me. I spend virtually all of my time in the main song list, just workin through difficulties and trying to hit the score goals I've set for myself. Gimme more music, sure, but characters? Heck, cut the characters (and the quest mode) out of the game entirely for all I care.

Hm. I guess I feel skeptical about getting more music because of how all the DLC (bar one) for the original Theatrhythm was put into the sequel (as were the Theatrhythm DLC characters, but if we're only getting ten new DLC characters this time around, it's not a huge money investment). What if SE decided, "Hey, we said we weren't going to make a third one, but why not?" The characters cost as much as the songs, and there are only ten of them total (compared to nearly a hundred DLC tracks, at least in Japan, yeah?)...and I guess I'm a sucker for experimenting with party configurations, even if the game technically COULD exist without playing as them.

Top Bottom