• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

1. Beat all songs on Basic
2. Beat all songs on Expert
3. Get as good scores as I can, shoot for All-Criticals on some songs.
4. Unlock as many characters as possible.
5. Collect all CollectaCards without using passwords
6. Get as many trophies as possible.
7. Get as much Rhythmia as I can, at least to get Kain as a ProfiCard character, and unlock everything in the Music Player.

Swamped

Banned
1. Beat all songs on Basic
2. Beat all songs on Expert
3. Get as good scores as I can, shoot for All-Criticals on some songs.
4. Unlock as many characters as possible.
5. Collect all CollectaCards without using passwords
6. Get as many trophies as possible.
7. Get as much Rhythmia as I can, at least to get Kain as a ProfiCard character, and unlock everything in the Music Player.

Oh,that's a really good one! One of my related goals is to collect enough cards to boost the strength of my BMS team a lot. I still don't know what the cap on the stats is, but I guess I'll find out!

MrDaravon

Honestly I'm just aiming to get all of the trophies, which along the way will require me to Perfect Chain and get Total Criticals on every song on every difficulty. As a result I figure I'll get everything else along the way to that anyway.

ZeroX03

Banned
My copy arrived. It's immediately noticeable how massive the number of tracks in the game has grown. It's so nice to be able to go to a game and then pick between most of the battle songs instead of just the one.

Starting at Expert - aiming for SS+ on every song - and working my way up to Ultimate. I can already do most stuff on Ultimate but I want to get the most of the game (although Basic is a snoozefest).

Hell they might even get me to splurge on some DLC.

(also timing on FFX's battle theme seems off, everything else is good)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't have much Ultimate All-Crits:

1. Town ~ FFII
2, Searching for Friends - FFVI
3. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII - FFVII
4. Fisherman's Horizon - FFVIII
5. A Fleeting Dream - FFX
6. The Archylte Steppe - FFXIII
7. Noel's Theme - FFXIII-2

Kinda hard to Ultimate BMSes.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Told myself to buy this game if "Price of freedom" was in it, and what a happy surprise it was!
Just a question, do you guys have any kind of goals while playing this game?
Are you just framing quests, mastering ultimates or trying to get all achievements?
Sure, I can play this game without any goal in mind, but it's easier to pick up when I have a goal set aswell.

My main goals are:

-SSS perfect chain all basic songs
-SS perfect chain all expert songs
-SS all ultimate songs

I'll feel out how I'm doing on experts and ultimates, and potentially upgrade my goals on them if I'm feeling awesome. I maaay add all critical charts to the basics.

Then if I still care, unlock all characters. Basically just playing quests ad infinitum.

I'm halfway through the basics now.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'll say it again, this game bites for not having Paradigm Shift in it. The Last Hunter, Etro's Champion and Heart of Chaos as the BMS songs for XIII-2 sucks. The field tracks aren't much better, and I liked XIII-2's soundtrack.

I don't have much Ultimate All-Crits:

1. Town ~ FFII
2, Searching for Friends - FFVI
3. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII - FFVII
4. Fisherman's Horizon - FFVIII
5. A Fleeting Dream - FFX
6. The Archylte Steppe - FFXIII
7. Noel's Theme - FFXIII-2

Kinda hard to Ultimate BMSes.

Will try 6 and 7 tonight or tomorrow and let you know!

Have you tried Battle 1 (FFI) a few times? How do you do on that one?

I just done Noels Theme after a few tries. I also done Jenova and Etros Champion, and I recommend these two as I done the first on my first try and the other after around 6!

bobohoro

Told myself to buy this game if "Price of freedom" was in it, and what a happy surprise it was!
Just a question, do you guys have any kind of goals while playing this game?
Are you just framing quests, mastering ultimates or trying to get all achievements?
Sure, I can play this game without any goal in mind, but it's easier to pick up when I have a goal set aswell.

I'm pretty basic:

Already done: Beat all tracks on expert with at least SS
Short term: SSS on Expert, Beat all tracks on Ultimate with at least S (about halfway there)
Long term: Full crit chart Expert, SS on all ultimate scores

I stopped caring about most of the additional stuff 20 hours in and just play the daily songs as well as a handful of randoms afterwards. Unlocking characters, quests, leveling and collectacards are just too shallow of systems to keep me interested.

bobohoro

They are marked with a green exclamation mark in the song selection. No point really, just some extra rhythmia, I just take them as recommendations for the day. ;)

ZeroX03

Banned
Five hours of playtime in...

• Game is obviously much better and varied than the original.
  • Track list overall is pretty fantastic. It's going to take a long time to finish.
  • XIII-2 and Dissidia's selections are awful though.
  • No FFTA or FFTA2 contributions is a letdown.
  • Button controls are the best, took a while to learn them for FMS but now they rock.
  • EMS tracks sucked so I'm happy they shifted away from them.
  • Quest mode is fun enough, I use it to pick songs for me so I get a variety.
  • Still no idea what items and skills do so I just ignore them.
  • Really hope they do something similar for Kingdom Hearts and other series.
  • Goal is SS for every song on Ultimate. I could do better, but there's so many songs it's a chore. Restarting over and over for All Crit / Full Chain would drain the fun.

Sakujou

Banned
Hi, i bought this game a few days ago, i have the feeling that the system changed. So not equipping anything at all doesnt give you a boost in your score, amirite?

Also there are less items to equip for your characters?! Or is it just me?

Phil S.

Banned
Hi, i bought this game a few days ago, i have the feeling that the system changed. So not equipping anything at all doesnt give you a boost in your score, amirite?

Yeah, you can equip as much as you want, which I like much better. Makes having items and skills worthwhile this time around!

I don't know the answer to the second question regarding there possibly being less items, though.

Kirlia

Banned

I believe you get a slight bonus in terms of getting more Rhythmia, but not a score boost.

• Goal is SS for every song on Ultimate. I could do better, but there's so many songs it's a chore. Restarting over and over for All Crit / Full Chain would drain the fun.

Oh God, I seriously admire the people who are getting All Crits on Ultimate. I consider it challenging enough to get All Crits on Expert Tracks (thanks to Quest Medley repetitiveness, I've gotten some Expert All Crits, though, like on The Extreme, Fighting Fate, Lightning Returns). More often than not, I get a single Great in an otherwise All-Crit run. Like, it's happened dozens and dozens of times. But for Ultimate songs, I'm hoping to get SSes on all the songs (or at least high Ses).

By the way, anyone played the BMS Romancing SaGa songs on Ultimate yet? Holy shit. Those songs do not let up on the pace and make other Ultimate songs seem absurdly easy in comparison.

My main goals at the moment are:

- Fully Critical every BMS/FMS on Basic.
- Fully Critical every BMS/FMS on Expert.
- Attempt to Fully Critical every BMS/FMS on Ultimate. Once I'm only left with songs I can't do, my aim will be to fill in the critical chart, get a perfect chain and get SSS.
- Not sure about EMS yet, seems too difficult. Maybe it'll be to Perfect Chain/Critical Chart/SSS on all difficulties.

Other than this everything else is just for fun. Unlocking characters, building a good team, collecting cards, doing quests, battling online, getting trophies etc

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh God, I seriously admire the people who are getting All Crits on Ultimate. I consider it challenging enough to get All Crits on Expert Tracks (thanks to Quest Medley repetitiveness, I've gotten some Expert All Crits, though, like on The Extreme, Fighting Fate, Lightning Returns). More often than not, I get a single Great in an otherwise All-Crit run. Like, it's happened dozens and dozens of times. But for Ultimate songs, I'm hoping to get SSes on all the songs (or at least high Ses).

I have a few All Crits on Expert, but I recently played one song where I played perfectly up until the final note where I got a great. I'm not restarting the song just for that. The SSS was reward enough.

Mostly just playing for trophies and characters at the moment and doing quests. It's going to take days just to play every song once.

Kirlia

Banned
I have a few All Crits on Expert, but I recently played one song where I played perfectly up until the final note where I got a great. I'm not restarting the song just for that. The SSS was reward enough.

Mostly just playing for trophies and characters at the moment and doing quests. It's going to take days just to play every song once.

THE final note? Wow. I agree about SSS scores being rewarding enough (I recently got one for Expert FF7 One Winged Angel despite getting a single Bad near the end of the song). I never reset a song for the sake of getting an All Critical, though. I've just played so much of the game that getting Near All Crits, with all Crits except ONE Great, have become bizarrely common.

There are so many songs in the game that when I battle online I like to pick song names and communicate with people :p I wonder if I'm the only one.

For example... Starting the battle with Let the Battles Begin! or Battle 1 and then choosing Battle 2 for the second battle. If it's pretty even I then go with something like Fight On! or if I'm winning easily I go with Don't be Afraid. If I'm constantly losing I go with Desperate Struggle, and if I win constantly but then lose I go with Fallen Angel. If I constantly lose and then win I go with The Troops Advance If we've played lots of games and it's very even I go with Decisive Battle. If we've played for ages I go for Battle to the Death, and hoping that they've caught on, if it was a very close game I sometimes pick stupid sounding things like Let me Blow You a Kiss or Maybe I'm a Lion. I end the battle with... Yeah you've guessed it, The Final Battle or This is the Last Battle.

Man I love this game.

ZeroX03

Banned
THE final note? Wow. I agree about SSS scores being rewarding enough (I recently got one for Expert FF7 One Winged Angel despite getting a single Bad near the end of the song). I never reset a song for the sake of getting an All Critical, though. I've just played so much of the game that getting Near All Crits, with all Crits except ONE Great, have become bizarrely common.

Yeah the final note of the song, my mind just skipped at the end and hit it too early. What I like about songs on Expert/Ultimate is that you've got a little more leeway to screw up as there's a lot more notes so they're worth less points. I play Basic songs, attention drifts for a split second because they're much slower paced, and boom 2-3 greats and you're out. I'm playing a song on Ultimate and see a great and it's like "oh well, can still get SSS".

Just played a quest at Ultimate level with songs all from Crystal Chronicles, Type-0 and XI. I hadn't heard any of them before. No SSSs there. No fun.

Kirlia

Banned
Yeah the final note of the song, my mind just skipped at the end and hit it too early. What I like about songs on Expert/Ultimate is that you've got a little more leeway to screw up as there's a lot more notes so they're worth less points. I play Basic songs, attention drifts for a split second because they're much slower paced, and boom 2-3 greats and you're out. I'm playing a song on Ultimate and see a great and it's like "oh well, can still get SSS".

Just played a quest at Ultimate level with songs all from Crystal Chronicles, Type-0 and XI. I hadn't heard any of them before. No SSSs there. No fun.

Yeah, Basic is hella strict when it comes to points. It was ESPECIALLY fun in the first Theatrhythm, where you could only get the highest point total with the Stoic bonus...I'm so happy they made that a minor Rhythmia bonus in this game rather than something required to get the highest score. Also, any Basic EMS song is a fucking nightmare if you mess up even once.

Oddly, XI and Type-0 have some of my favorite BMS tracks despite me having never played the games (and I'm really fond of XIV's music as well). I've enjoyed XI's music for a while though. With the first Theatrhythm, I became very fond of playing FFXI's Awakening on Ultimate, and it's probably still my best Ultimate song (although it DOES have fewer notes than many other BMS Ultimate songs, but I still like the note pattern).

Robin64

Here we go.

VFOpze1.png

Friendly reminder that this got in over this

Another friendly reminder that this was considered to be too short to be included in the first Theatrhythm. SE, would it kill ya to use logic when making song decisions? >.>

suzu

Getting Tavnazian Archipelago, Balamb Garden, and Precipitous Combat... maaaybe The Chase too.

It'd be cool if SE/Nintendo released a Theatrhythm theme for 3DS.

Hasney

Please give me more XIV SE. Easily my favourite soundtrack from FF, possibly ever. I'd buy a game that just had that soundtrack in its entirety.

Spent $10 on my Nintendo Wallet and bought:

Balamb Garden
Via Purifico
Tavnazian Archipelago
All 4 Romancing SaGa Songs
Crazy Chocobo
Great King Moggle Mog XII

BooJoh

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the DLC BMS Advent: One-Winged Angel is great for XP. Use a x6 xp multiplier and play the song on expert for an easy 35k+ xp. May not be the best xp in the game but it's nice to give a character a big boost in levels.

Groodon

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies!
Just one question, have googled around but can't find anything, so how exactly do I get nostalgic maps?
Should I do any quests available and hope that I get it?
If so, is there any levels/length on quests that has a better chance of spawning a nostalgic map than others?

Thanks for the replies!
Just one question, have googled around but can't find anything, so how exactly do I get nostalgic maps?
Should I do any quests available and hope that I get it?
If so, is there any levels/length on quests that has a better chance of spawning a nostalgic map than others?

You can attach Quests to your ProfiCard, then when you complete a VS. match against someone, you exchange cards. Not only can you see the stats of your opponent, but you can also obtain their map under the View ProfiCard section. We've all been getting the nostalgia/EXP map by battling each other.

If you need Turquoise shards, let me know. I have a Level 99 long map that drops 17 of them.

Just need these remaining shards to unlock whatever characters I need left

12 orange
4 yellow
7 silver
8 indigo
6 purple

I'm up to 38 songs! Still haven't tried every song but I seemed to have picked out quite a few of the easier ones. I'm well chuffed about Shuffle or Boogie. Looking forward to others lists.

Battle (FFI)
Airship (FFI)
Battle Theme 1 (FFII)
The Rebel Army (FFII)
Town (FFII)
Battle 1 (FFIII)
This is the Last Battle (FFIII)
Crystal Cave
Eternal Wind
The Airship
Battle to the Death
Kefka's Tower
Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII)
J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII)
Aerith's Theme (FFVII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FFVII)
Don't be Afraid (FFVIII)
[DLC] Shuffle or Boogie (FFVIII)
The Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII)
[DLC] Balamb Garden (FFVIII)
Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
Battle 1 (FFIX)
Something to Protect (FFIX)
Dark City Treno (FFIX)
A Place to Call Home (FFIX)
Zanarkand (FFX)
A Fleeting Dream (FFX)
Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)
Ragnarok (FFXI)
Boss Battle (FFXII)
Fighting Fate (FFXIII)
The Archylte Steppe (FFXIII)
The Land Breathes
Serenity
Dungeon Hero X's Theme
Etro's Champion
Noel's Theme - Final Journey
Chaos

ZeroX03

Banned
There's a Ragnarok model for Ride On. This game is so cool, it makes me want to replay all the games.

I'm nearly fifteen hours in and I've only just hit 100 unique songs played. So much content. This game has shot up to second place for my GotY behind Tropical Freeze.

Only major flaw is the baffling song selections for some of the spin offs. They got shafted, which sucks seeing how well the mainline games are treated.

I know people slam Kid Icarus for giving them hand cramps but frankly this game is far worse. At least for me.

This game is a real sink though, fun though. So many characters left to unlock and of the characters I have so many to level. Then so many to level again *glares at Terra* (I'll explain, 50 CP isn't enough to get the most out of her)

Quick question. I have some berserk scrolls (not a complete level 1-3 set), do they stack? +300 to strength at the cost of using other abilities (well there would only one slot left in that case) could be a gimmicky a good deal.

bobohoro

Berserk skills do stack I believe.

Finally finished with S ranking all ultimate scores. EMS gave me the most trouble, those stages are just stupid. At around 60 trophies and 55 hours gametime I will probably slow down a bit, only doing daily challenges. Don't want to go through the basic scores, even though the empty space in the song select screen bothers me. :/

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love an all FMS map if someone has one. Trying to level an FMS specific team at the moment.
I have one of them. At the moment I'm not in my house but I can pass it along this evening. Look up my FC on the GAF spreadsheet! :)

Top Bottom