• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| The Happiest Place on GAF

muteki

This is a better system. I don't know if you went to the parks prior to Fastpass but it was a MUCH better experience. Fastpass actually made the lines longer and fucked up the nature of the queues. I have been dreaming of the day it would be changed/removed. To me Fastpass is just as irritating as all that added security changes they added to airports after 9/11
Oh I agree about losing FP altogether. But those days are long gone.

I'll take no FP and 80s/90s crowds over what we have today any day of the week.

Oh didn't know there was a thread for this.

winter-cardiff_1517798c.jpg

Winter Wonderland (UK) rides were scarier than most of Alton Towers. So much time spent upside down, felt I was going to die. But man, that awful commentary over them is terrible, although since it's German you get some techno.

Power Tower (get a good look at the rest of London)

Ski Jump

Air

I love rollercoasters so much, I really need to graduate to skydiving or something more "once in a life time" adrenaline levels.

Oh didn't know there was a thread for this.

winter-cardiff_1517798c.jpg

Winter Wonderland (UK) rides were scarier than most of Alton Towers. So much time spent upside down, felt I was going to die. But man, that awful commentary over them is terrible, although since it's German you get some techno.

Power Tower (get a good look at the rest of London)

Ski Jump

Air

I love rollercoasters so much, I really need to graduate to skydiving or something more "once in a life time" adrenaline levels.

Hohoho, it reminds me so much when the did the good big christmas fairs were I live. Powerfull rides but in a state of decay because of the gypsies that had them, and full of crazy wacky rides that made you go upside down half of the time.

They still do them know, but they are much smaller and only two or thee good rides.
Best ride they put now is the one called in RCT3 spin doctor:
244_03_10_12_8_57_16_0.jpeg

aparisi2274

So, Zonko's is closing at Wizarding World? =(

It is? Where did you hear that?

Yep. Rumors are that the building is going to turn into a Photo Connect opportunity. Probably something like the Simpsons couch photos.

If it its a Daily Prophet with a moving image of you thrown on the cover, that would be cool...

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes should cover everything from Zonko's, right?

I know from the quick teaser videos that Uni has released, there will be a Weasley shop in Diagon-alley, so it may be smart for them to get rid of Zonkos, but then again, if you are visiting just one park, and it happens to be IOA... not being able to go to Zonko's would stink...

There was that kind of ride there, but we didn't have enough time and everyone seemed scared. But it looks way safer, it's all a capsule! Bunch of wusses.

Its all a capsule the one you saw? The one that they bring here have all the seats to the exterior. And is fun but scary as hell (would not be so scary if it was at a theme park, but gypsies and fair rides are not a good combination here for good conditions of a ride lol).

Universal is doing a webcast for Diagon Alley on Thursday morning. The only way to watch it is to signup at http://www.universalorlando.com/webcast. Instructions will be emailed tomorrow.

Also, Hatetofly and the Orlando United Radio podcast (great podcast - listen regardless!) are going to be doing a Diagon Alley spoiler blowout after the webcast, so look out for that. It's going to be a really exciting week; hoping we get really deep into Gringotts by the end of it.

Manta is amazing. We got stuck on it at the end right before you go back into the loading/unloading bay.

Was hanging for like 15 minutes. haha.

Jag

Universal is doing a webcast for Diagon Alley on Thursday morning. The only way to watch it is to signup at http://www.universalorlando.com/webcast. Instructions will be emailed tomorrow.

Also, Hatetofly and the Orlando United Radio podcast (great podcast - listen regardless!) are going to be doing a Diagon Alley spoiler blowout after the webcast, so look out for that. It's going to be a really exciting week; hoping we get really deep into Gringotts by the end of it.

It's a Harry Potter weekend at Universal. Heading out there on Friday, not for the HP stuff, just had a quick weekend planned.

LuuKyK

Manta was pretty cool, but I still like Kraken...

Manta's load times are ungodly slow and that makes for longer lines, which suck!

Yeah, Kraken is so, uhm, smooth. Its pretty amazing. The first fall + two inversions is one of the best starts of a coaster. Only rivaled by Hulk's one. Also after riding Kraken 8 times I noticed that doing so barefoot adds a lot to the experience. Seriously.

aparisi2274

Yeah, Kraken is so, uhm, smooth. Its pretty amazing. The first fall + two inversions is one of the best starts of a coaster. Only rivaled by Hulk's one. Also after riding Kraken 8 times I noticed that doing so barefoot adds a lot to the experience. Seriously.

You know, I have yet to ride an inverted coaster barefoot... I dont know why... Probably because I am afraid someone is going to steal my flip-flops while I am on the ride. LOL!!

Said this after I rode it for the first time!

Smoothest coaster of its kind. Way better than Mantis or Raptor at Cedar Point.

Zebra

So, to those who registered in time to watch (which seems like a bizarre requirement), what time is the webcast supposed to be? I want to know when new info is going to start pouring out.

Zebra

Yeah the train looks great! I can't wait to see what that experience is like.

Are they moving Ollivanders, or just making another one?

Zebra

Aas I understand it they are making another one, with multiple show rooms for higher guest capacity.

That's for the best. The one at Hogsmeade was cramped as hell.

You're right about the renders looking cramped as well.. but if they made these locations larger it might ruin the illusion, unfortunately.

Top Bottom