• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| The Happiest Place on GAF

OchreHand

Hollywood Adventure sounds the most fitting and safest. Out of habit and sometimes stubbornness I still refer to it as MGM amongst my friends, heh!

and Disney should just bite the bullet and do a Star Wars park or at least dedicate a huge chunk of it. It'll print them more money.

flyover

and Disney should just bite the bullet and do a Star Wars park or at least dedicate a huge chunk of it. It'll print them more money.
There'll obviously be a Star Wars presence in all the parks, but I still kind've suspect the entire left side of Hollywood Studios could eventually be dedicated to it. Keeps Toy Story, Tower of Terror, and Rock'n'Roller Coaster untouched on the right. And The other Star Wars stuff is already there on the left. If they want to keep the Muppets on the left, too, they can redo the movie some and give it some SW crossover or have the building themed a bit or something

Would be fascinating if they did a whole park for SW, though. That may happen, too.

"Disney's This park has 3 attractions and a busted ass movie Ride"

That is my guess!

iVByPM1eViYaq.gif

Xun

Ratatouille is coming to WDW? That would be great as the ride looks unique unlike the recent offerings at WDW.
It was heavily rumoured just after the ride opened in Paris, so we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe things have changed since Frozen was announced for Norway, but I still expect we'll see it.

muteki

Ratatouille in France is one "Disneyfication" I wouldn't mind.

I don't think there would be too much outcry, it would not be replacing an existing ride and would bring a new ride system to the resort.

And Ratatouille actually was set in France, not an alternate dimension bizzaro medieval France.

I'd miss Les Halles and the film though if they had to go.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ratatouille in France just makes so much sense. Would not complain at all if that happened. Makes more sense than Frozen which was just inspired by Norway.

flyover

Yeah, I actually really like the French film, it's really relaxing and a good way to get out of the sun for a bit.

It's my favorite attraction in all of Epcot -- and I'd blown it off since I was a kid, before rediscovering it a couple years ago. The movie's nice enough, but the sound system is fantastic: all-encompassing, but not too loud. And I love the arrangement of all the music, particularly the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony parts.

Maybe a ride is required, but Ratatouille has not impressed me at all compared to other trackless Disney offerings when watching ride throughs.

It seems in the same "nothing special, inoffensive use of space and crowd distribution" that I throw Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc DCA into, maybe worse than those.

I think there's a good reason that I've heard approximately nothing about it since the first week it opened. The area looks nice at least.

zeemumu

Yeah, they're working fast. I'm also impressed with the ongoing progress of Kong in Orlando. That underdog spirit.

You should see how much of Harry Potter they've finished. They have that, Springfield, and fast and the furious all at once. That's impressive multitasking.

MK already has the superior Mansion, but they just don't do shit with it and it will never get any TLC.

Pretty telling of its timelessness I guess. That class of dark omnis and boat rides were something else. Only wish we'd gotten Western River Expedition.

I dunno, I've just come back from WDW, and I've been quite impressed with the running improvements they've been making around the parks and to the overall experience. Magic Kingdom feels like a nicer place to be than it has for years, even with the construction ongoing.

I don't doubt that Universal are moving far quicker, but they kinda have to. Disney's current and future slate of development is more ambitious than it has been for years, between Avatar, Star Wars and Disney Springs.

zeemumu

Meanwhile we got disco yeti lol

I hope Hatbox comes to WDW eventually.

There's a weird wall up in the attic scene of the disneyland mansion. I assume that's where they're putting him. It's at the very end as you pass the bride.

Disco Yeti Pt. II?

Won't be nearly that bad. The Matterhorn Yeti is significantly smaller than Expedition Everest's, so repairs will probably be easier. Plus, we don't know the full degree of movement for the new yeti.

Goldrusher

First photos of the new National Lampoon's Vacation movie...

Walley World is officially open in the first two images from the new Vacation movie. The film, which is out July 31, is both a sequel to and a reboot of the original franchise as Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo reprise their roles as the Griswolds and Ed Helms plays their son, Rusty. Now grown, Rusty wants to take his own family (including wife Christina Applegate) on the Walley World vacation he never got as a child. He tries, but as you can imagine, it probably isn’t going to go so smoothly.

[...]

Vacation is out July 31. It’s written and directed by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley (Horrible Bosses, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone) and stars Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Leslie Mann, Beverly D’Angelo, Skyler Gisondo, Steele Stebbins, Chris Hemsworth and Chevy Chase. Here’s the official plot description:

thumb_vacation-remake-cast-list.jpg

thumb_vacation-remake-walley-world.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-vacation-movie-photos/

Looks like they used Six Flags over Georgia this time.

The original's theme park scenes were filmed at Magic Mountain.

Linkified

I dunno, I've just come back from WDW, and I've been quite impressed with the running improvements they've been making around the parks and to the overall experience. Magic Kingdom feels like a nicer place to be than it has for years, even with the construction ongoing.

I don't doubt that Universal are moving far quicker, but they kinda have to. Disney's current and future slate of development is more ambitious than it has been for years, between Avatar, Star Wars and Disney Springs.

Universal is moving quicker because the quicker you have an attraction open the sooner you can recoup said investment in the gift shop. Avatar isn't going to be open until sometime in 2017, Star Wars 2020. Really there should be loads more construction going on in each park building killer E-tickets but that isn't the case at World.

First photos of the new National Lampoon's Vacation movie...

Looks like they used Six Flags over Georgia this time.

The original's theme park scenes were filmed at Magic Mountain.

It would have been cool to see them use Magic Mountain again. A lot of the same spots they used still look mostly the same.

Universal is moving quicker because the quicker you have an attraction open the sooner you can recoup said investment in the gift shop. Avatar isn't going to be open until sometime in 2017, Star Wars 2020. Really there should be loads more construction going on in each park building killer E-tickets but that isn't the case at World.

But it's not like Disney aren't investing in the parks, though. I know enthusiasts turn their noses up at it, but MyMagic+ was a huge and necessary update, and it cost the same amount that a fleet of new E-tickets would have.

I've just read an interesting article about MyMagic+, actually.

minx

But it's not like Disney aren't investing in the parks, though. I know enthusiasts turn their noses up at it, but MyMagic+ was a huge and necessary update, and it cost the same amount that a fleet of new E-tickets would have.

I haven't read the article yet (long read) but for the cost of mymagic+, 1.5 billion, they could have built Star Wars land at Hollywood Studios with 3 to 4 "experiences" including an E ticket. How many guests would have preferred that over a way to for Disney to track their customers.

Hopefully Disney will step their game up with new rides if Universal can keep applying the pressure. Any word of what is to come after the new Kong ride? I think they would be smart to make a Fast and Furious ride. I know they are doing one for Universal Hollywood.

I haven't read the article yet (long read) but for the cost of mymagic+, 1.5 billion, they could have built Star Wars land at Hollywood Studios with 3 to 4 "experiences" including an E ticket. How many guests would have preferred that over a way to for Disney to track their customers.

Hopefully Disney will step their game up with new rides if Universal can keep applying the pressure. Any word of what is to come after the new Kong ride? I think they would be smart to make a Fast and Furious ride. I know they are doing one for Universal Hollywood.

Fast and Furious is said to be coming to San Francisco in USF (replacing Disaster, most likely). The entire KidZone area in USF (minus E.T.) will likely be demolished for a new IP. Twister is getting replaced with some kind of flight simulator. A significant overhaul of Marvel Super Hero Island with a new ride or two at IoA has also been rumored. Of course, Universal's water park will also be open next year or the year after that. They aren't stopping anytime soon; they have the funds (thanks, Comcast!) AND the ambition.

edit - a Harry Potter Ministry of Magic expansion for USF has also been heavily rumored, even by people who worked on Diagon Alley.

Linkified

Urgh no MyMagic+ wasn't necessary for WDW, what was necessary was 2 E-tickets and refreshed entertainment in 3 of its parks to take the heat off Magic Kingdom. No one books a holiday to WDW based on MyMagic+. They book it to ride rides. A forum user on another forum had a great breakdown of how american park cap ex spending has shrunk under the iger era.

SmithnCo

Seeing the box office for FnF7, I'd be surprised if Uni isn't wanting to get a full-fledged ride in there ASAP. Almost never ride Disaster these days so that would be a definite improvement.

Seeing the box office for FnF7, I'd be surprised if Uni isn't wanting to get a full-fledged ride in there ASAP. Almost never ride Disaster these days so that would be a definite improvement.

F&F and Kong 2.0 are said to be reminiscent of old-school USF rides. By that I mean they're going to take experiences from USH's studio tour (Kong 360 3D, F&F Supercharged, like Jaws and Kong 1.0 before them) and expand them...really blow them up to a bigger scale.

Top Bottom