• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There Came An Echo |OT| Out on PS4

Dryk

Sounds like the launch isn't going quite as smoothly as you'd want. That sucks, hope you can get it all figured out feep.

I don't have time to play it because it's 8:25am here, but the main theme is going straight on my iPod and will probably get a lot of play today.

2San

Because she's being paid a shitload of money to bring him in alive?
So are her soldiers ignoring her commands or something? Or is she being paid by another party other than her employer (Heather?) to bring corrin in alive?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So are her soldiers ignoring her commands or something? Or is she being paid by another party other than her employer (Heather?) to bring corrin in alive?

She was paid by another party to infiltrate Farrick's organization in order to get to Corrin. Once she shoots the soldier at the airport they realize that she's turning on them.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Been having fun with the game off and on all afternoon. Not sure why, but one odd little thing I've noticed is that the voice recognition seems to interpret coughing as "pause game".

Steam cards seem to be bugged. The game doesn't show up on my badge page as having cards for some reason.

Flame_AC

So, I have to say that this game blew away my expectations. The art is great, soundtrack is spectacular, and the voice commands are the most satisfying and unique gameplay style I have ever played. If nothing else, this game is more then likely the most unique and revolutionary out of all the ones to come out this year or in recent memory.

Incredible job Feep and the rest of the team at Irridium, I haven't finished the game yet, but there had better be a sequel to this.

Xaero

Neo Member
Just started playing it with my free GAF code. Loving it so far, really well made. Music is great. Story is interesting, and funny in places!

Check it out.

mcteapot

Neo Member
The game is amazing, had a chance to play it for a bit. All the voice commands are working and interacting with a computer like this is so next level!

The voice controls were working somewhat fine for me early on, but then it all went to hell, and no amount of voice calibration will get the game to recognize anything I'm saying. I also got stuck in an infinite loop of both characters dying because I wasn't informed that they only had two shield recharges, and are basically screwed without them.

There also appears to be two different mic sensitivity options. One is in the voice calibration menu, and the other is in the audio and voice options menu. Changing one doesn't change the other.

I'm watching the sensitivity bar jump every time I speak, and it has this pretty big delay, while also jumping immediately from about filling the bar halfway to completely filling it, and hearing Val tell me I'm being too loud.

Maybe I'm just really bad at these games that require some unique form of control on my end like Skyward Sword. Usually after something like this fails me so many times in a row, I get mad, start yelling or swinging more wildly, causing even more inaccuracy, then I just rage quit like I did awhile ago...

Labrys

Waiting for this to install, can't wait! Thank you again so much Feep. I'll be supporting you again the next few months with Another Episode coming out and all.
I didn't realize how big the voice cast was on this though, looking at the trailer. Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal, Cindy Robinson, Feep himself, and Wil Wheaton! This is going to be joy to my ears.
I'm going to get the soundtrack with the next $10 I get, and if it ever comes to Mac I'll get my boyfriend a copy.

I'm having just about 0 issues with the game. Sometimes when loading it pauses for a few seconds and seems like the game goes to background while something else loads, but then continues loading as normal.

Pretty fun so far.

Waiting for this to install, can't wait! Thank you again so much Feep.
I didn't realize how big the voice cast was on this though, looking at the trailer. Laura Bailey, Yuri Lowenthal, Cindy Robinson, Feep himself, and Wil Wheaton! This is going to be joy to my ears.
I'm going to get the soundtrack with the next $10 I get, and if it ever comes to Mac I'll get my boyfriend a copy.

The soundtrack is amazing.

Kadin

Also it really doesn't seem to like displays with aspect ratios other than 16:9.

My screen is 16:10, and with the native resolution selected (1680x1050) the game seems to actually render at 16:9, 2217x1050, with the edges just cut off because it doesn't fit on the screen.

And when I select a 16:9 aspect ratio like the default 720p, it stretches it to fill the screen.
Just came to ask about this. I'm running 1680x1050 myself and I can't see all of the quest information off to the right side.

Just started the game and so far the production value alone is incredible. I've always wanted a virtual Wil Wheaton to obey my every command. Great stuff Feep, I'll be buying at least one additional copy if not two for a couple friends.

Astaereth

I am totally 100% biased because I worked on this game with Feep, but I think There Came An Echo is awesome. I am super proud of all the hard work and genius that Feep put into it (and is still putting in as he continues to fix bugs and improve the experience). I've said it before and I'm sure I will say it again, but thanks for making me a part of this experience, man.

And thanks to everyone else for playing and reviewing and giving feedback! This is such an exciting and gratifying time. I hope y'all have a blast playing this awesome game.

Drencrom

Just finished the introduction, gotta say I'm impressed with how good the voice commands work.

Got a great laugh when the game recognized me saying "shut the fuck up" when Val said you can tell her to stop talking lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on the launch Feep! Can't wait to download and try it once I get home.

Once again, thanks a lot for the keys. You're totally awesome!

Moff

played the first few missions and I am surprised how well the voice commands work, I rarely speak english but it works pretty much always
I just hope it won't be too hectic in the later levels

Amazing that this game went from an unknown to a game I'm really excited about in less than a week.

Can't wait to try it out tonight!

Feep

Banned
High priority issues for Day 1:

1) Fix 16:10 resolution

2) See if levels are being affected by bad code?

3) Get out standalone .exe to Humble

Labrys

yeah im interest in this too because I have a 100$ microphone at home but Feep said it's better with a headset

Oh it is? I have a mic that runs through a mixer (I tried voice acting for a while) sitting on my desk, but if I need to go get a headset I can see if I can find a cheap one.

Despera

Banned
played the first few missions and I am surprised how well the voice commands work, I rarely speak english but it works pretty much always
I just hope it won't be too hectic in the later levels
Yes the voice recognition is surprisingly good for a non-native such as myself.

Well I encountered a glitch in the first mission, specifically the part where
Corrin was supposed to leap over the arm chair and shoot the bad guy who flanked Miranda
. Instead of doing that he just stood next to the soldier and did nothing. The game didn't freeze, but I couldn't progress either.

And everything was going so smoothly ;_;

Despera

Banned
Well the same thing happened again and Corrin is just standing there not doing his thing...

RFvDdFC.jpg
This is on the first mission (I chose to split up before breaching). Will choose the other option and report back.

Edit: Choosing [Backdoor] instead of [Split Up] mitigated the problem. Seems like Corrin's position before triggering that scene has something to do with it?

Fluxdyne

I'm still on mission four, but I'm really enjoying the game so far. Unfortunately I don't have a mic, I am using my Android phone as one, but that doesn't seem to be working that good.
I need to buy a headset now =/

Feep

Banned
Yes the voice recognition is surprisingly good for a non-native such as myself.

Well I encountered a glitch in the first mission, specifically the part where
Corrin was supposed to leap over the arm chair and shoot the bad guy who flanked Miranda
. Instead of doing that he just stood next to the soldier and did nothing. The game didn't freeze, but I couldn't progress either.

And everything was going so smoothly ;_;
Gah. Can you send error logs on that one? Found at (located at steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/ThereCameAnEcho_Data/output_log.txt and steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt). We cannot repro after six attempts. What's your framerate like?

I'm not using voice controls. I'm supposed to tell Corrin to escape. My controller couldn't do anything but look around. Then the mouse wouldn't accept any inputs. I hit escape and all the menus started stacking on each other, like each won't close when I go to a new one, and they're behind the main menu you get when you hit escape so they're unusable. I had to quit out.

Basically I don't know even where to begin with what I encountered.

Edit: I just tried again, and the menus double up and don't disappear even from the main menu, if I try to change anything.

Despera

Banned
Gah. Can you send error logs on that one? Found at (located at steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/ThereCameAnEcho_Data/output_log.txt and steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt). We cannot repro after six attempts. What's your framerate like?
I don't know which parts exactly you need so I just uploaded the files:

output_log

VoiceCoreErrorLog

My framerate is fine but I locked it to 30 fps beforehand just to make sure it stays stable. I only played the mission one time after that glitch.

What's the best configuration for a desktop mic and stereo speakers? The game's audio is fighting my own right now, and four times already in the first half hour the game has commanded itself to pause (once, of course, when the game mentioned I could pause).

Alastor3

With the amount of people demanding a key on the other thread, I was thinking it would be flooded in here but no, it's pretty much empty :(

Ralemont

not me
What's the best configuration for a desktop mic and stereo speakers? The game's audio is fighting my own right now, and four times already in the first half hour the game has commanded itself to pause (once, of course, when the game mentioned I could pause).

I just use headphones.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably what I'll end up doing but my boyfriend was hoping to watch me play and I figured there'd be a solution since Xbox Kinect is planned eventually.

Have you tried enabling the Push-To-Talk and Sound Dampen options under Misc? All game sound gets pretty low when you hit the PTT button.

flohen95

So, update: I actually managed to find a cellphone headset in my apartment! It's not ideal, but at least I was able to play now, and so far, I'm not only impressed, but more importantly, entertained. I'm up to mission 7. Voice recognition works fine so far (I have trouble getting Bravo + anything and anything + the number 4 to work, but I blame that on my pronounciation, since almost everything else works perfectly), I'm intrigued by the story, I love the voice acting and (not really a spoiler but who knows, people are sensitive when it comes to newly released games)
the tower defense mission was absolutely amazing. Fucking intense, that. I was never close to losing, but my heart was still racing regardless as a was giving out commands left and right.
Soooo good.

I'll have to stop for now as it's almost 1 am, but I'm looking forward to continuing tomorrow.

Feep

Banned
I'm not using voice controls. I'm supposed to tell Corrin to escape. My controller couldn't do anything but look around. Then the mouse wouldn't accept any inputs. I hit escape and all the menus started stacking on each other, like each won't close when I go to a new one, and they're behind the main menu you get when you hit escape so they're unusable. I had to quit out.

Basically I don't know even where to begin with what I encountered.

Edit: I just tried again, and the menus double up and don't disappear even from the main menu, if I try to change anything.
This means the voicecore is crashing, but obviously it should not if you're not even intending to use the voice commands. Do you have a microphone plugged into your computer? And can you send me your logs at: (located at steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/ThereCameAnEcho_Data/output_log.txt and steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt)

RiverKwai

I'm gonna be playing this in about an hour and a half (if I can get my Sony Golds hooked up to the computer, I have another headset that'll work in a pinch, but they aren't as comfy)

Top Bottom