• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theresa May poked fun at the size of Donald Trump's hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Its such a disgusting picture: two wrinkly old fucking farts deciding the fate of the free world

oeqaNIv.png

Um, I don't get it. She received a very large round of applause. Whilst this might be making fun of the fact they held hands, it doesn't make sense as a joke about his hand size?

She's joking that the last hand she touched was in fact quite small. This is a sore point for Trump.

i don't get this...why does he not like his hands? the guy is a mess and his hands are probably the only part of him that looks normal. need that hair and face sorted out.

It's basically a running gag that took off during the election after it was revealed that Trump is apparently quite petty and sensitive about the size of his hands, after some dude (cited by Wag on the previous page) made an off hand remark about them.

Saya

i don't get this...why does he not like his hands? the guy is a mess and his hands are probably the only part of him that looks normal. need that hair and face sorted out.

He is monumentally insecure. A normal person would shrug these tiny hands jokes off. Donald cannot let it go. In his mind having tiny hands means him being less of a man or something.

Maledict

She's joking that the last hand she touched was in fact quite small. This is a sore point for Trump.

It's basically a running gag that took off during the election after it was revealed that Trump is apparently quite petty and sensitive about the size of his hands, after some dude (cited by Wag on the previous page) made an off hand remark about them.

But that joke doesn't make sense. I mean, I'm British so it's not a cultural thing / it would only make sense as a crack about the size of his hands if the applause were really small. But it wasn't, it was a private event and she was greeted by rapturous applause. Saying that she hasn't had a hand that big since the White House implies donalds hands hands were large.

daviyoung

Banned
Um, I don't get it. She received a very large round of applause. Whilst this might be making fun of the fact they held hands, it doesn't make sense as a joke about his hand size?

She specifically mentioned size. Whether she was being sincere or ironic is up for interpretation but context points a small, stubby thumb in one discreet direction.

Nerazar

the way this country is going i would welcome it.

Frontex will be covering you, btw, if you try to cross the Channel. I think there are still some refugee camps left in Greece or Italy. Just in case you try to escape from the devastated island after Trump and Putin drop their bombs on you.

It's not WW3 if both of them initiate it.

chadskin

"To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers," Carter wrote. "I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby."

"The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination," Carter continued. "Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: 'See, not so short!' I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, 'Actually, quite short.'"

I wonder if he still does this.

"LETTER FROM THE WHITE HOUSE - HANDS NOT SMALL!"

Zips

Me and my friends printed off the donald trump hand print for some laughs except we all ended up having smaller hands.

Triggers my depression now when people make fun of him for being small.

Are you as tall as Trump is? I thought the hubbub over his hands was because his hands are smaller than average for a man his size, not actually being tiny, and it mainly blew up because he actually seems to care about such a stupid thing.

May's joke doesn't really strike me as a slight against Trump. Moreso poking at the ridiculousness of the hand thing to begin with. Unless the applause was not particularly large or enthusiastic.

eizarus

Banned
Bercow must be so happy 😂 Right after he says he doesn't want to welcome Trump to the parliament, May goes and rips on the manchild

NimbusD

Is she a fucking idiot?

I'm sorry but she's the one who decided she wanted to cozy up and have a special relationship and now she's chatting shit? What a hypocrite.

She's just roasting him. Something sane people can do to each other without hard feelings or horrible retaliation. problem here is that Trump is not a sane person.

manakel

She's just roasting him. Something sane people can do to each other without hard feelings or horrible retaliation. problem here is that Trump is not a sane person.
Hahaha exactly. People are acting like the world is about to end because Theresa May joked about his hands. Who gives a shit? I mean Theresa May is an idiot, but the overreactions are weird.

Lol. The UK is burning all its bridges. Donald doesn't know how to handle even a harmless joke. Maybe they can strike a trade deal with Mexico.

gaugebozo

Me and my friends printed off the donald trump hand print for some laughs except we all ended up having smaller hands.

Triggers my depression now when people make fun of him for being small.
He's really tall. It turns out hand size is partially linked to height. He doesn't actually have small hands, they're just under average, but they are tiny for someone his height.

Saya

Hahaha exactly. People are acting like the world is about to end because Theresa May joked about his hands. Who gives a shit? I mean Theresa May is an idiot, but the overreactions are weird.

It's all in good fun, but Donny has NO sense of humor at all. Have you ever seen him laugh?

Steejee

It's all in good fun, but Donny has NO sense of humor at all. Have you ever seen him laugh?

The man couldn't even crack a joke about himself at the dinner thing where you're supposed to roast yourself. Instead he cracked a joke at his wife's expense over the plagarism thing and then went full 'HILLARY SUX AMIRITE' mode.

eizarus

Banned
Lol. The UK is burning all its bridges. Donald doesn't know how to handle even a harmless joke. Maybe they can strike a trade deal with Mexico.
This worries me. They need to be as diplomatic as possible imo. I'll stop worrying if/when Scotland gets independence.
Incoming the Celtic Republic of Ireland and Scotland

This picture makes me feel sick.

This man is obviously racist, puts neo nazis on security boards and has them as his top advisors, privately admitted to sexual assault, a blatant liar about all things,supports other leaders who murder their political opponents and journalists.

And my prime minister is walking along holding hands with him, with a big fucking smile on her face.

My stomach.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Why? She made a little joke that will make the thin skinned tiny hands baby Trump fly into a rage. Its not like she thoroughly repudiated him or his insanity.
I meant in the sense of birdman's 'put some respek on my name' thing.
Dumb joke!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't think she meant anything tongue in cheek about his hand size. 'A big hand' = 'a big help'. The media made much about her being 'helped' down the stairs (even though it latterly appears Trump was the one seeking a bit of reassurance going down the steps?)

Of course I don't mind at all if Trump gets upset about this anyway.

Audioboxer

lol

Its such a disgusting picture: two wrinkly old fucking farts deciding the fate of the free world

oeqaNIv.png

Two walking corpses more like. Yeah, I know we can't help aging, but ageism in politics works both ways. As in, it's usually the "old experienced rich" politicians getting to play an elitist popularity contest. Every now and then it might be nice to see some youthful or middle-aged people more in touch with ordinary folks. Obama started at a good age.

Is she a fucking idiot?

I'm sorry but she's the one who decided she wanted to cozy up and have a special relationship and now she's chatting shit? What a hypocrite.

The speaker at the house of parliament probably blew that for the country earlier in the week. Plus there were active protests against working with trump in 7 or 8 big cities in the UK last monday. If she pisses the orangutan off, the country isn't going to be that upset about it.

Dougald

But that joke doesn't make sense. I mean, I'm British so it's not a cultural thing / it would only make sense as a crack about the size of his hands if the applause were really small. But it wasn't, it was a private event and she was greeted by rapturous applause. Saying that she hasn't had a hand that big since the White House implies donalds hands hands were large.

This is how I read it as a Brit too. If anything she is saying he has big hands

I don't think she meant anything tongue in cheek about his hand size. 'A big hand' = 'a big help'. The media made much about her being 'helped' down the stairs (even though it latterly appears Trump was the one seeking a bit of reassurance going down the steps?)

Of course I don't mind at all if Trump gets upset about this anyway.

Yup, it's this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom