• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Gens GTA music. Original or more real world chart toppers?

Barnimal

Banned
I think the one thing i liked most about GTA3 other than the awesome layout was the music. It was just so fresh. even though some of it was actually real, it wasnt stuff you'd heard a million times already. the best stuff was what i'm hoping was parody stuff like boys to girls and stuff. So whats ur preference? 3s style or VC/SA style?

VC/SA. While it was nice to hear the new songs once or twice, I found myself searching for the real songs when playing the game most of the time.

hobbitx

I also loved 3's music. Since VC and SA are period piece games I think it's kinda fitting for them to use licensed music to really capture the feel of the time they are in so I actually prefer these games having well known music. If GTA4 is set in modern times like 3 though, I think it would be cool if they makeup a soundtrack similar to GTA3. I'd really like it if they do this for the next GTA game, but now with all the hype from fans, plus all the cash they make from the soundtracks, I think the next game will have nothing but popular and well known music so I guess it probably doesn't even matter what I liked better. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to see more cool and obscure pop, rock, and rap again.

"What ah' saw burned my eyes like chloride!" loved that song! :D

Teddman

GTA3 had a great original song by Boyz 2 Girls called "Pray It Goes Ok?" It was on Lips radio. Also liked "Change" on Head radio.

I think Lips and Head were spoof stations, all original songs that were never released.

epmode

Teddman said:
Also liked "Change" on Head radio.
that's one of the few reasons i don't completely hate gta3's soundtrack. cheesy, but catchy as hell.

actually, "hate" is the wrong word. i'm mostly ambivalent towards it. very dull and unassuming songs, for the most part.

OmniGamer

"Life is but, a mere supply" "I've been left, lonely buy a stranger" "You are-a no good, you are-a no go-o-ood"

I definitely agree...the 80s/90s stuff makes sense for VC/SA, but I did like the quirky songs that were in GTA3.

I have a feeling though that after 2 soundtrack based games, the "mainstream" audience will come to expect that.

evil ways

"Feeeeeels like I just can't take no moooooore!!"

I'd like the GTAIII style original music to be back if they plan on releasing a present day GTA. It would be nice for a change, especially since most of today's music is shit..

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm really enjoying San Andreas' music but I don't think it bests the selection in Vice City. Of course it helps to enjoy 80's music.

Top Bottom