• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

I never thought it would happen to me...

12509052_553520821470787_5614124933912654320_n.jpg

Translation:

As long THEY are allowed to run around freely...

... THEY should too!

Well, considered that the girl who shared that is a close friend of mine, I can lecture her about this.

Nightbird

That
I
How does that even
What?

What? :D It literally makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, I'm so confused.

Oh shoot, I forgot to explain.

Pitbulls and some other dog races are only allowed to be held with high security measures here in Germany. It's to prevent the dogs from attacking people.

Well, whoever made this post seems to be suggesting that we should let them run around freely if we are already doing the same to muslims

zbarron

I had an old co worker who was a loud self-admitted racist who owned a pit bull and would go on about how they are a good breed and they just have a bad reputation of being violent aggressive dogs when really they are intelligent and can be taught to be sweet or aggressive.

Her lack of empathy for a person but total empathy for a dog was mind boggling and the mental gymnastics were truly something to witness.

She was also on government assistance but would go on about black welfare queens.

I'd like to think her kind of racism is the minority and most of it is based on ignorance and not lack of empathy and mental gymnastics but I really doubt it.

I saw a couple people posting some bullshit pics asking why people got MLK Jr. Day off but not Veteran's Day. This hero worship is getting out of control. One fought to completely change the issue of racial inequality and the other are people who volunteered for a job that mostly involves sitting and standing around. Talk to most soldiers and they will tell you, most of the job isn't raiding Al Qaeda or Taliban bases, it's sitting around waiting for something to happen. Not all of these people are heroes, in fact most of the people I personally know that ended up in the service were shitty people before enlisting, and aren't any better after.

I saw a couple people posting some bullshit pics asking why people got MLK Jr. Day off but not Veteran's Day. This hero worship is getting out of control. One fought to completely change the issue of racial inequality and the other are people who volunteered for a job that mostly involves sitting and standing around. Talk to most soldiers and they will tell you, most of the job isn't raiding Al Qaeda or Taliban bases, it's sitting around waiting for something to happen. Not all of these people are heroes, in fact most of the people I personally know that ended up in the service were shitty people before enlisting, and aren't any better after.

I'm just waiting for the day some conservative will come out and say "I don't want you worshiping actors, musicians, and athletes anymore! I want you worshiping soldiers, policemen, firefighters, Founding Fathers, or Jesus. Those are the only role models you should have!"

And whatever happened to the whole "Discipline builds character" thing?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not all of these people are heroes, in fact most of the people I personally know that ended up in the service were shitty people before enlisting, and aren't any better after.
Yeah the hard-on some Americans have for the military in general is really baffling to me. I know a guy who actually served ('cause his dad was military and he was kind of born into it) and he feels the same, he says he always rolls his eyes whenever anyone says "thank you for your service".

zbarron

I got a chuckle out of this one. I'm voting for Bernie but it's extra funny because the reason he is going to struggle to pass what he wants is because of the republicans in congress. It's even funnier when you realize congress is supposed to represent the people and the people, like the kids in 6th grade are for those things. It shows we don't live in a democracy. It's like the image is ironically pro-Sanders.

I don't even get what they're going for with this one. Isn't modern Christianity kinda embarrassed by the crusades. I doubt it considers it a highlight.

SeanC

I don't even get what they're going for with this one. Isn't modern Christianity kinda embarrassed by the crusades. I doubt it considers it a highlight.

I will guarantee that most of the far-right Christians would be totally down for a holy war. They're essentially doing dick-measuring with "our holy war was cooler than your holy war."

Retro

• Republican
  • Christian (United Methodist, but also had a Sikh wedding and attends services for both).
  • Fiscal conservative, anti-regulation, anti-union, opposes higher taxes on the wealthy
  • Anti-abortion (voted for a law that forced mothers to look at an ultrasound and then wait 24 hours before being allowed an abortion)
  • Opposes same-sex marriage.
  • Pro-Voter ID laws (Photo ID required to vote).
  • Voted in favor of a law that required immigrants to carry documentation at all times, opposes a pathway to citizenship.
  • Requested Syrian refugees not be resettled in her state.
  • Opposes Green Energy, Obamacare.
  • Endorsed by Sarah Palin.
  • Pro-charter schools, anti Teacher's union.
  • Husband is a National Guardsman who served in Afghanistan.
  • Literally does not want to "Change America like Obama."
It took me all of 30 seconds to look up her Wikipedia page and find out she's exactly the kind of person Republicans want elected and checks off all the major conservative bullet points except gun control (which her Wikipedia page just doesn't mention, but surprise; she strongly favors a right to gun ownership).

But she kinda looks like a Muslim and took down the flag, so GIT HER!

Another fun fact; she was born in South Carolina, and has only ever been to India twice as of April 2014, once as a two year old and once as part of a trade delegation. Telling her to "go back to India" would be like telling me to go back to Iowa because I've been there twice.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ah, yet another "Go back to _ and make it better instead of coming to 'Murica.".
As I've said before, the very same people say "Don't like it? Then leave." when people born here criticize the US. Oh, sweet irony.
This is ignoring the idiocy of telling someone to go back to somewhere they've never lived.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I've unfollowed crazies I know on FB but I have problem and I like to check on them from time to time to see if they're still crazy. Just saw this.
5p3O3jI.jpg

• Republican
  • Christian (United Methodist, but also had a Sikh wedding and attends services for both).
  • Fiscal conservative, anti-regulation, anti-union, opposes higher taxes on the wealthy
  • Anti-abortion (voted for a law that forced mothers to look at an ultrasound and then wait 24 hours before being allowed an abortion)
  • Opposes same-sex marriage.
  • Pro-Voter ID laws (Photo ID required to vote).
  • Voted in favor of a law that required immigrants to carry documentation at all times, opposes a pathway to citizenship.
  • Requested Syrian refugees not be resettled in her state.
  • Opposes Green Energy, Obamacare.
  • Endorsed by Sarah Palin.
  • Pro-charter schools, anti Teacher's union.
  • Husband is a National Guardsman who served in Afghanistan.
  • Literally does not want to "Change America like Obama."
It took me all of 30 seconds to look up her Wikipedia page and find out she's exactly the kind of person Republicans want elected and checks off all the major conservative bullet points except gun control (which her Wikipedia page just doesn't mention, but surprise; she strongly favors a right to gun ownership).

But she kinda looks like a Muslim and took down the flag, so GIT HER!

Another fun fact; she was born in South Carolina, and has only ever been to India twice as of April 2014, once as a two year old and once as part of a trade delegation. Telling her to "go back to India" would be like telling me to go back to Iowa because I've been there twice.

Yeah, really surprised to see that considering she gave the GOP State of the Union rebuke and is a front-runner for vice presidential candidate should a mainstream Republican win the nomination..... THinking this one might be an ironic one that a progressive website made to point out hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom