• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I've mentioned this in other threads but my younger (half) brother is quite the Obama-hating Conservative, but this status he shared is something else

wVBUKi4.png

The spelling and language is so laughably bad, but yet at the same time I know he's posting stuff like this thinking "Preach on, brother! Fight the good fight!". Honestly has me worried a bit. It's strange too because the rest of his (my dad's) family aren't nearly as political on their FB pages.

Retro

Okay I've mentioned this in other threads but my younger (half) brother is quite the Obama-hating Conservative, but this status he shared is something else.

Sounds like you just need to report everything he posts as hate speech. I dunno what facebook's policy is, but they suspended him before and he clearly hasn't learned from it, so might as well let them know every time he starts that crap.

Sounds like you just need to report everything he posts as hate speech. I dunno what facebook's policy is, but they suspended him before and he clearly hasn't learned from it, so might as well let them know every time he starts that crap.

Just heard back from FB and they said it's fine.

wat

I guess they saw just the image and not the post that went with it.

Dingens

wat

that's because facebook would rather make a little more money than ban users.
The problem is well known all over Europe where it takes ages to ban borderline illegal right wing and/or fascist posts...

Retro

wat

I guess you just have to wait until he posts something even more heinous... which raises the question, what the hell did he post that actually got him a 30 day ban?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think a lot of people think that's true because they see people with Food Stamps buying in bulk, but don't realize they probably make a monthly trip to the store as opposed to those on a fixed income who can afford to go the store regularly, and don't have to buy as much in a single trip.

There's some truth to that one, unfortunately.

Yup.

I think a lot of people think that's true because they see people with Food Stamps buying in bulk, but don't realize they probably make a monthly trip to the store as opposed to those on a fixed income who can afford to go the store regularly, and don't have to buy as much in a single trip.

This is not accurate. As a kid who was on food stamps, I can tell you my family of five got way more money than we ever actually needed for groceries. 20 years later, my parents still joke about how they had a significantly smaller grocery budget once my dad found a new job.

RDreamer

Funniest post in this thread.

Edit: Has anyone considered posting fake right-wing messages to their Facebook, hoping some halfwit picks it up and spreads something that's laughably false?

Could be fun.

I have to believe a good percentage of the ones that float around were made like this.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
2016_01_19_14_04_02.jpg

If I see this shit being debunked on Snopes, it'll take an act of God to bring my boner down.

You don't need Snopes.

Benjamin Franklin was never President and therefore never gave an 1817 State of the Union.

It's probably a joke.

You don't need Snopes.

Benjamin Franklin was never President and therefore never gave an 1817 State of the Union.

Hell, he died in 1790.

I put all kinds of errors like that in this, but my hope is some right winger will be too blinded by hate to care about facts and will spread it around, leading to Snopes getting ahold of my stupid creation.

Edit: Saw your edit. Yes, it's definitely a joke. One I made :p

I was talking earlier in the thread about how I think it'd be fun to just bombard the Internet with shit like that to drown out the idiots who actually believe in that kind of nonsense.

Edit 2: I just remembered I don't have a Facebook. So it won't be spreading beyond this page.

Oh well. Still fun to make.

Yup.

This is not accurate. As a kid who was on food stamps, I can tell you my family of five got way more money than we ever actually needed for groceries. 20 years later, my parents still joke about how they had a significantly smaller grocery budget once my dad found a new job.
As a family of five, we didn't get enough and had to get handouts from a local food pantry. #anecdotes.

As a family of five, we didn't get enough and had to get handouts from a local food pantry. #anecdotes.

Family of six growing up. My brother and I used to eat the paper from the tattered old comic books my mom would get us from the local Salvation Army (a penny each) to stop our stomachs from growling. We usually had enough food from food stamps to last us the month if dinner was our only meal of the day.

Of course, this was during Reagan's glorious rise to power and his use of the magnificent trickle-down economic theory. I don't know if or how things changed during the Bush, Clinton, and Bush 2
: Electric Boogaloo
years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom