• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thunderforce VI - Images and Video!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080728/tf.htm

tf08.jpg

tf13.jpg

tf26.jpg

tf12.jpg

Video: http://cgi1.watch.impress.co.jp/cgi...ch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080728/tfm01.zip

gogogo

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it seems to have that high-speed high-intensity thunderforce feel, but i'm not sure i like the live guitar music -- maybe it's weird to prefer tf5's synth guitars, but i think i do

duckroll

Backgrounds scroll really fast = good
Enemies don't feel that dynamic or fast = hmmmm
Music trying so hard to be TF rock = ewwwww

Hoping it's good!

Tain

Looks pretty good in motion.

Music still buttrockingly awesome.

Free Range noticeably gimped.

Bring this the fuck on.

Kuran

Banned
Why did I have to sell my backwards compatible PS3... :(

I'm going to buy this anyway, hoping for that fabled software emulation to come out.

VVV Mars VG

duckroll said:
Does it look like a PS3 game to you? :p

No, thats the problem, why make it on crappy old PS2 graphics rather than take the leap? I want TF 6 to blow me away in every aspect (saying 5 was crap compared to 4).

duckroll

VVV Mars VG said:
No, thats the problem, why make it on crappy old PS2 graphics rather than take the leap? I want TF 6 to blow me away in every aspect (saying 5 was crap compared to 4).

Take the leap where? Into bombaland? :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Is it wrong that the only reason I'm overjoyed at this TF6 announcement is that it undoubtedly means that we'll be getting a new TF OST?

VVV Mars VG

duckroll said:
Take the leap where? Into bombaland? :lol

As a title that is both top of its game in both graphics and sound, like TF4 when it came out. That was mind blowing at the time, this er isn't.

duckroll

VVV Mars VG said:
As a title that is both top of its game in both graphics and sound, like TF4 when it came out. That was mind blowing at the time, this er isn't.

Yeah well, TF4 wasn't released long after everyone had moved on from shooters and the series. :p

Back in the day I had no idea what Thunderforce IV was as a kid but picked it up becasue it looked cool on the box and was cheap. Was trully my best random pickup ever.

duckroll

I see people are getting more interested in discussing what platform the game should be on than the game itself....

Tain

I see people are getting more interested in discussing what platform the game should be on than the game itself....

I thought it only cursed arcade games (see the VF5R thread), but I guess it effects arcade-styled console games, too.

Because they should all be ten bucks on download services yeah totally.

way to go, people.

jett

D-Member
Wow that looks...seriously average. I'm not a huge shmup fan, but Gradius V looks orders of magnitude better.

ghibli99

Haha, that music sounds like it came out of Lords of Thunder! Definitely has that late 80s/early 90s Japanese metal sound, like so many of those videogame remix CDs of that era. The game itself looks fast and fun, although the graphics are a little weak. Still, I've gotta play this!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Gradius V still looks better, by a wide margin IMO.

Should be going to the PSP and not the PS2.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
duckroll said:

It's like that for every niche game... Hell, even some not-so-niche games (DQ9)

lupinko

Will buy day 1, and upscaled to 1080p with super fast loading will be awesome!!! :D

Which reminds me, I need to pick up Gradius V still.

Tain

Will buy day 1, and upscaled to 1080p with super fast loading will be awesome!!!

offset by three frames of lag, imo.

Thunder Force isn't the least forgiving series around, though.

noonche

Tain said:
Looks pretty good in motion.

Music still buttrockingly awesome.

Free Range noticeably gimped.

Bring this the fuck on.

I agree. TF is one of the few old-school shooters I can still play. I feel that most older shooter series have been antiquated by newer games, but TF 3, 4 and 5 are still awesome. I am soooo getting this.

kazuo

FrostuTheNinja said:
There is a God...

Anyone know who's doing the soundtrack?

If the trailer is any indication, not Hyakutaro, unfortunately. And that makes me sad/angry.

I'm also not feeling the sound effects, they sound cheesy as shit.

I'm probaly gonna buy it anyway hahahahha

But I'm so turning the music off and just playing TFV (or Broken Thunder OST) in the background.

Ugh just hire Hyakutaro or use the Broken Thunder OST already...

Anyone else notice how the boss warning says ORN on it? Dun Dun Dunnnnn...!

Fularu

Banned
Err even if Hyakutaro isn't doing the soundtrack, what we have heard so far is a straight remix of TF3 music.

Top Bottom