• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alejob

Ok, so I saw those Nintendo videos that people are talking about(that Liz and the Andy or whatever) and its all BS. They don't say anything meaningful.

heavenly

GaimeGuy said:
haha what?

Listen carefully to the Nint. On Video between 2:15-2:20 "A Man Name Reggie" is whispered once. Gamespot's interview w/ Reggie is called "A Man Name Reggie".

Coincidence?

Kai

Does anyone have a link to the Nintendo On video?

This thread will end in two ways, but either way this is the greatest thread evar :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
heavenly said:
Listen carefully to the Nint. On Video between 2:15-2:20 "A Man Name Reggie" is whispered twice. Gamespot's interview w/ Reggie is called "A Man Name Reggie".

Coincidence?
I'm sorry, but I don't hear it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
GEEZE .. \\cant you guys see what he is doing! he's trying to build the hype back up so all your dreams can come crashing down ONCE AGAIN.. and add more fuel to the nintendo hating bonfire!!!!

im on to you drinky.!!

BarneyBP

You don't hear it because there is no "reggie" whisper in the video. I think the original 'mariners' poster said that hoping it would be accepted as fact without a lot of checking going on and he could add to the myth.

calder

I have nothing to offer this thread, except the obvious question no one has bothered asking yet: wouldn't THURSDAYATON roll off the tongue much better than THURSDAYTON.

Dalamar86

calder said:
I have nothing to offer this thread, except the obvious question no one has bothered asking yet: wouldn't THURSDAYATON roll off the tongue much better than THURSDAYTON.

Very likely, yes. A vowel there would make sense.

BarneyBP

An A would make sense. Which would make it the only thing in this thread that does.

Which would be inappropriate.

We're sticking with Thursdayton

Soul4ger

I can't believe, somehow, that after everyone was like "DRINKY YOU LIAR" half the people in this thread somehow circuitously found a way back to devising a way something might happen on Thursday. :p

heavenly

BarneyBP said:
You don't hear it because there is no "reggie" whisper in the video. I think the original 'mariners' poster said that hoping it would be accepted as fact without a lot of checking going on and he could add to the myth.

2:16 into the video...there's a faint whisper "a man named..." (but, it's spoken very quickly)

then @ 2:18 there's another faint whisper "Reggie"

Odnetnin

Banned
IGN roundtable.

someone asks about Club Revolution and Matt/Fran sidesteps with "let's not talk about that".

They know

NDA.

Drinky AM cry

McPhineas

chespace said:
I'm not sure if it's the same Thursdayton that Drinky's referring to, but check 1UP's news module on the front page in 5-10 minutes for a possible Thursdayton.

It's been more than 10 minutes.

Unless...

There is no possible Thursdayton! But I think a lot of people could have guessed that.

alejob said:
Ok, so I saw those Nintendo videos that people are talking about(that Liz and the Andy or whatever) and its all BS. They don't say anything meaningful.

Go watch the one with Liz in it again. She talks about some kind of presentation on Thursday.

And then this happens:

On IGN Livewire:

10:06 a.m. PDT
Nintendo
Perrin Kaplan, Vice President of Marketing & Corporate Communications at Nintendo of America, takes your questions.

And people find this that during Nintendo's Press Confrence, the Nintendogs screen reads/is stuck on May 19th 2005 10:10 AM...

And then Brooke says this:

"Here is an interesting tidbit guys. I just got a phone call from a colleague at EA who received a memo to attend a Nintendo conference at 10:00am PST on the show floor tomorrow morning. Nothing else was said, however so it could be about anything. Not necessarily Revolution."

I'd venture saying that Liz's video and possibly Adny's video are very telling/hint-ly. Reggie's is more of just a joke. "Don't make me do it. Don't make me take your name." :lol

Something is gonna happen tomorrow. If it's just Q&A that's one thing (and all I'm expecting, really) But Nintendo HAS been laying out the hints and it's getting rediculous.

heavenly said:
Listen carefully to the Nint. On Video between 2:15-2:20 "A Man Name Reggie" is whispered once. Gamespot's interview w/ Reggie is called "A Man Name Reggie".

Coincidence?

I listened to it 3 times. There's nothing playing but the Bowser level music

GaimeGuy

heavenly said:
2:16 into the video...there's a faint whisper "a man named..." (but, it's spoken very quickly)

then @ 2:18 there's another faint whisper "Reggie"
those are whispers? They're clicks, not whispers.

vesuvious

Banned
Odnetnin said:
IGN roundtable.

someone asks about Club Revolution and Matt/Fran sidesteps with "let's not talk about that".

They know

NDA.

Drinky AM cry

Do you have a link to this Roundtable Odnetnin?

Odnetnin said:
IGN roundtable.

They know

NDA.

Drinky AM cry

Wasn't that proven to be at Konami's booth, and it's actually a Dance Dance Revolution club?

Odnetnin said:
IGN roundtable.

They know

NDA.

Drinky AM cry

Well, that pretty much says it all. IF they "knew" or "didnt know", they would have said so. But if they cant talk about it......that's a whole other matter :lol

Hollywood

Banned
Aries Says:

May 18th, 2005 at 6:50 pm
I’m back from e3 and it was a good day. Concerning my relation with Nintendo, I do not work for them anymore and I have said this many times. Also tommorow I will give everyone a hint to who I am and I know that most of you will be very shocked to know. To get this out in the open I am not Reggie or any spokesmen. The revolution will change the way everyone plays games, I know the revolutionary aspect.

Like I said I have said too much and I dont want to endanger Nintendo’s plans. This is all I will post for know and I will be back on this time tommorow.

p.s Super Smash Bros for the revolution will have some old friends and some very new popular ones. Think about it.

vesuvious said:
Do you have a link to this Roundtable Odnetnin?
Don't bother. I'm kind of sick of explaining this, but "Club Revolution", nowhere near Nintendo, is Konamis area fo the new DDR/Karaoke Revolution game thing. Nothing more.

BarneyBP

It sort of says "A Man named Reggie". But it's too mute to actually confirm, sounds a lot like clicks too. I can see how it is perceived as saying that, but its only because we want it to. Let's not dillute all the fun with lesser evidence.

heavenly

GaimeGuy said:
those are whispers? They're clicks, not whispers.

If you can't hear atleast "Reggie" @ 2:18 then you are in denial. That's clear as day. However @ 2:16-2:17...I do agree it's hard to pick up "A man named..." because the voice says it quickly.

Hollywood said:
Aries Says:

p.s Super Smash Bros for the revolution will have some old friends and some very new popular ones. Think about it.

OMG SSB has Nintendogs in it??!?!?!!

P.S. I heard Reggie, that is pretty easy to hear

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
heavenly said:
If you can't hear atleast "Reggie" @ 2:18 then you are in denial. That's clear as day. However @ 2:16-2:17...I do agree it's hard to pick up "A man named..." because the voice says it quickly.
No. It's just a noise. It could just as easily be "squeegee" or "orgy".

Chrono

Banned
Ok I'm the last person here to believe this stuff...

I just watched that nintendo-on fake video looking for that 'a man named reggie' whisper and it's not there.

HOWEVER, anybody noticed how when the VR helmet is revealed, the left brain is highlighted and a caption says 'play games and then the RIGHT side of the brain is highlighted and the caption says 'make games.'

Now that sounds a bit like nintendo's conference. All that stuff about creating content and 'right brain' whatever. o_o

heavenly

BarneyBP said:
It sort of says "A Man named Reggie". But it's too mute to actually confirm, sounds a lot like clicks too. I can see how it is perceived as saying that, but its only because we want it to. Let's not dillute all the fun with lesser evidence.

Lesser evidence? You don't find Gamespot's thursday interview entitled, "A man named Reggie", and the faint voice in the video "A man named Reggie" too coincidental?

jgkspsx

McPhineas said:
There is no possible Thursdayton! But I think a lot of people could have guessed that.
There's plenty of exciting stuff possibly left in this E3. It pisses me off that we've seen no new material from Gunstar Super Heroes and that we haven't seen any of the interesting new DS games.

If Nintendo's got NDAs with the major media on Metroid Dread and Tetris DS that keep the information under wraps past E3, I really am going to be angry with them.

GaimeGuy

Seriously, there's no whispering.

But there will be something tomorrow, I think.

heavenly

vatstep said:
No. It's just a noise. It could just as easily be "squeegee" or "orgy".

Nope! It's definitely "Reggie". And add to the fact that you don't hear that voice again...makes it quite interesting.

BarneyBP

Actually, I called it lesser evidence because I think "A Man Named Reggie" is being heard out of the clicks because thats what Gamespot's interview is entitled. Not the other way around.

But, that was unfair to the Reggie clicks. None of the evidence is very good. So I suppose its not lesser afterall.

vesuvious

Banned
heavenly said:

What would it matter anyway if it says his name or not when it has no significance whatsover to what Nintendo may or may not show tomorrow? Even if Gamespot did name tomorrows interview with Reggie "a man name Reggie" it comes after the release of the fake Revolution video. Maybe Gamespot is just having fun messing with us N fans.

McPhineas

jgkspsx said:
There's plenty of exciting stuff possibly left in this E3. It pisses me off that we've seen no new material from Gunstar Super Heroes and that we haven't seen any of the interesting new DS games.

I was really just trying to remind Che about posting whatever it is he's got.

But there's no way new DS games or Gunstar Super Heroes qualify as Thursdaytons.

Tomorrow will either be a huge day for Nintendo... or the biggest and most elaborate joke on Nintendo fans ever... I wish money was riding on this.. any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom