• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setanta

I think the Revolutionary aspect of the "Revolution" has been revealed already= The 20 Years back catalogue of games. Atleast I think so anyway. If not, it's the controller.

And remember the whole Nintendo 21 thing? Get this, if Nintendo are releasing their console next year, wont the back catalogue be "21" years of games? hence the" Nintendo 21"? Just a thought.
Love how this thread has picked up pace. :lol

IJoel

super-heated plasma said:
Revolution.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

how come people are finding out about this now? I would assume that this sort of announcement would be Nintendo's best kept secret (and thats saying something). So how come it has gotten out, has everyone working for Nintendo decided suddenly to spill the beans in private?

The only person who possibly knows something is Drinky Crow (he works for Microsoft in Seattle and has friends who work for Nintendo). Everyone else just assumes he's trolling and fakes like they're a part of it.

Dilbert

Razoric said:
Ask Sony what they thought of the controller response.
You think they aren't taking notes like crazy? Holding a focus group is expensive...but posting a picture of something and analyzing the feedback (and ideas for improvement) from message boards is free. All Sony wanted to do with that controller is to have something new and visually arresting in place for the screenshots. They were relying on user feedback and a possible Revolution controller unveiling to refine the new controller design...and they might even get something useful out of this week.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
how come people are finding out about this now? I would assume that this sort of announcement would be Nintendo's best kept secret (and thats saying something). So how come it has gotten out, has everyone working for Nintendo decided suddenly to spill the beans in private?

Ok drinky, this is a sign that you must stop. Think of the children....its the about the children!

Triumph

Banned
From what I understand, merely seeing won't be enough to believe. Feeling is required.

That's about all I care to say. Don't want to step into any murky legal waters for something that we'll all know about by this time tomorrow.

Ecrofirt

Drinky:

Do me a favor. I've still got that one tag pass from the Terri Schiavo thing awhile back. I'd like to make a little wager.

IF there IS a Nintendo Thursdayton, I will be banned for a month. Upon return, my tag will read "I fought Thursdayton, and Thursdayton won" or somethnig very similiar by your choosing.

If there is NO Nintendo Thursdayton, I'll PM you on Friday exactly what I'd like my tag to be.

Sound like a good wager? I don't really see myself losing, but this is a bet I'm making with all the crazy Nintendo fans.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Loki said:
Is Drinky Crow the fabled "Aries"? The plot thickens...
No possible way. :lol

I will get a tatoo that says "I <3 Drinky" if Drinky is Aries. :lol

Anybody that thinks that Drinky would follow through with his self-banning for more than a day is more gullible than any of the blind-faith Nintendo fans.

Wait, this is the same group that's supposed to believe both. Nevermind.

monkeyrun

Raoul Duke said:
From what I understand, merely seeing won't be enough to believe. Feeling is required.

That's about all I care to say. Don't want to step into any murky legal waters for something that we'll all know about by this time tomorrow.
it'll be great if you stop making shit up

StRaNgE

Banned
scola said:
Thursdayton has some connection to Star Wars Ep. III why would Nintendo blow its load at E3 so fanboys could watch shitty feeds of poorly captured footage?

Get ready for nintendo revolution gameplay footage, controller shot etc. in an extended add Nintendo is running before the film. This method of distribution, in front of one of the biggest movies in years will acheive high penetration in front of some of Nintendo's biggest target audience.

This will come at a fraction of the cost to nintendo as the MTV Microsoft show, reach more viewers in the demographic, and bee seen on some hi-def digital projectors (1080p) in select theaters equipped with the technology.

I hope you fuckers have your tickets already. This is a brilliant move by nintendo. BTW I have connections to a company that processes and distributes film to theaters nationwide this is going to be huge (I think the footage that blew Johnny away is in here, I know it blew me away)

if that is true then i guess i'll see it tonight by 12:01

garrickk

From the Thursdayton "hints," are we sure it's related to Nintendo?

Maybe we'll see actual PS3 hardware running something on the show floor? That would be a BOMB.

Maybe we'll see actual PS3 hardware running something on the show floor? That would be a BOMB.

He flat out said that it is related to Nintendo.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Hah, this is just cruel. Nintendo fans are going to be pissed at Drinky Crow, but what else is new?
I think everyone knew this was a joke thread when they read who the thread was by...

Okay, the fact that Raoul Duke is acting like he's in on it is making the funny factor go down. Making the joke too obvious. :lol

Best E3 thread by far.

garrickk said:

Drinkyton is. He confirmed this thread to be about Nintendo a few posts back.

And to dude with the Episode III preview thing: NOT fucking cool man. Thats way too big of a tease, and I think that one risks getting my hopes up for real.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's already thursday in my country dudes, as such, I've already seen it. It's big.

vesuvious

Banned
gamergirly said:
I dont want a helmet to play games!

Yeah it looks like a helmet but thats just the DVD attachement and stereoscopic glasses add on for GCN, or Revelution. If you dont want the DVD add on then you can buy the stereocopic glasses seperate which also works for DVD players, televisions, and computer monitors. :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Drinky Crow said:
cuz its hard to keep secrets on the show floor? just sayin's all.

fuck, lunch break over. someone may drop the bomb before me; who knows.

So much for ironic detactment.

Uter

cubicle47b said:
The only person who possibly knows something is Drinky Crow (he works for Microsoft in Seattle and has friends who work for Nintendo). Everyone else just assumes he's trolling and fakes like they're a part of it.

He works for Microsoft? Suddenly all his blatent pathetic trolling makes so much sense...

Exactly how much are you being paid for your reverse astroturfing Drinky????

Ristamar

StRaNgE said:
if that is true then i guess i'll see it tonight by 12:01

Hehe. While this is absolutely ridiculous and blatantly false, slapping a 2 - 3 minute trailer for whatever "next-gen console + games" in front of Episode 3 probably wouldn't have been a bad idea. Of course, I have no idea what such an ad might cost, but MS could afford it, regardless.

MoccaJava

Banned
It's unfortunate that GA has let its own mods pull shit like this on the forum.

It honestly doesn't seem like it's working too much though. Seems most people get this is merely a joke (plus subsequently playing along) and there is no reason a loser mod on GAF like Drinky would know anything.

Then again, if that many people believe in this, they deserve to have their hopes crushed like the retards they are.

There's alot of fun from all of this, but I seriously doubt any MegaTon tomorrow will be anything that people are talking about now. It's too ironic and too coincidental for anyone thinking with the right part of their brain and not the left(since that's for images and emotions)

Hehe. While this is absolutely ridiculous and blatantly false, slapping a 2 - 3 minute trailer for whatever "next-gen console + games" in front of Episode 3 probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, I have no idea what such an ad might cost, but MS could easily afford it, regardless.

Nintendo did it before with Zelda and Perfect Dark. They could easily do it again.

Holy shit, this thread is sad and pathetic. Yet totally hilarious.

I'm sure that Drinky is launching like a fucking maniac right now.

As am I.

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
It must be said again - Revolution is part of a much bigger, global project from Nintendo. Thursdayton will show exactly what this means! All you people prepare thyselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom