• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Burton and Michael Keaton reportedly in discussions for 'Beetlejuice' sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VARIA

Fuck yeah!

BUT!

Only if there's no CG and all the special effects stay stop-motion.

I just made myself sad.

:(

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies of all time. Everything about this movie is so great! It introduced me to Tim Burton and Winona Ryder and I became a fan of both. Burton was so amazing back in the 80's and 90's. I'd love to see a sequel but I want it old Burton style!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Real Talk: When I was a kid, I thought the cartoon was an original series, and never knew about a movie until I got much older.

Same here. The movie completely threw me off on the dynamic lydia had with beetlejuice, on top of that the cartoon was underrated as all hell.

Winona's still hot.

Put her in it.

Winona_8c91e2_1503244.gif

Dude is old as shit now ain't he? What's it going to be called, Prune Juice?

They should bring back Granola Rider. I haven't seen her in a while.

border

Keaton has aged significantly, but it's not like they can't make that a part of the plot.

"An aging, experienced Beetlejuice faces competition from a brash new younger ghost.....played by Johnny Depp..."

Cool but why did it take so goddamn long for Burton and Keaton to work together again? I mean what the fuck Burton? Depp isn't the only actor you've had success with you know.

Damn... I've wanted this for years, why am I mad all of a sudden?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm in for anything involving Keaton. I wish Burton wasn't directing drivel as of late, but I can't be too choosy for when I actually get a Keaton-led flick.

arab

ok so michael keaton's gonna be old beetlejuice telling the audience a story and johnny depp's gonna be young beetlejuice at boarding school or something and helena bonham carter's gonna be the bat that he shits cause he's so fucking goth

and it'll be shot in black and white cause tim burton forgot what color looks like after using it all on big fish

jfoul

Army of Darkness 2
Dumb and Dumberer
Bill & Ted Sequel
Beetlejuice Sequel
Godzilla

What's hnnnngening!?

Cool but why did it take so goddamn long for Burton and Keaton to work together again? I mean what the fuck Burton? Depp isn't the only actor you've had success with you know.

Damn... I've wanted this for years, why am I mad all of a sudden?

Because they waited too long. This is exactly how I felt when I first heard of the Jet Li / Jackie Chan pair-up in Forbidden Kingdom. That one turned out ok, but something closer to their prime would've been preferred.

It's been depressing watching Tim Burton go from young visionary director to derivative hack. I don't even understand his aims and goals as a creator anymore. Does he just not give a shit?

Please don't do it, The original doesn't need a sequel. Tim Burton of today is not the Tim Burton of the past and even Tim Burton of the past isn't that great.

It's been depressing watching Tim Burton go from young visionary director to derivative hack. I don't even understand his aims and goals as a creator anymore. Does he just not give a shit?

He is fucking loaded with cash. He does whatever the fuck he wants and doesn't give a shit. I don't blame him either.

It's the same reason Michael Keaton stopped giving a shit after the mid-90s.

Pee Wee is only Okay, Ed Wood is probably his best movie.
Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one of the great family comedies I've seen. Good humor for adults and kids, steady energy, a few slightly scary moments (Large Marge, Pee Wee's clown dreams). So damn good. So many good moments.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one of the great family comedies I've seen. Good humor for adults and kids, steady energy, a few slightly scary moments (Large Marge, Pee Wee's clown dreams). So damn good. So many good moments.

I agree. Fantastic soundtrack for such a movie too.

Revolver

Keaton has aged significantly, but it's not like they can't make that a part of the plot.

"An aging, experienced Beetlejuice faces competition from a brash new younger ghost.....played by Johnny Depp..."

I can actually picture Burton going that route too. Add Helena as Depp's sidekick. I sure hope not though. I fear how bad this could be but if Keaton and Ryder get on board I'll just have to watch it. Loved the original.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'll just put this here...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19751_6-insane-sequels-that-almost-ruined-classic-movies_p2.html

It'd be kinda awesome if they created it where he goes to Hawaii

I want to see that sequel to Gladiator they described in that article, seriously.

He is fucking loaded with cash. He does whatever the fuck he wants and doesn't give a shit. I don't blame him either.

It's the same reason Michael Keaton stopped giving a shit after the mid-90s.

I guess this explains why Michael Keaton has a role in the Need for Speed movie, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom