• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TimeSplitters Trilogy is now on PSN (no Trophy Support currently)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Whaaat, this is awesome. I wonder if they’ll come to game pass too.

Fahdis

Good, I hate trophies. They trigger my OCD.

Don't care if you like them or not. People complaining about trophies when there is a whole ass system option to disable them popping is there and neither do you have to care. Focus on that instead of discouraging others how to play.

To everyone else: TS was my first PS2 game besides TTT. Finished it a billion times. Harry Tipper is the best, fight me.

Anyone (generally) complaining about no trophies should remember that when Sony required them for PS2 classics in the past, most publishers then decided to not support the program.

I have the originals, why bother playing them when they will probably sell these to you again later in a few years on PS6-7 if the program is not backward compatible? I wish Namco of all of them were'nt so stingy about trophies.

iu

SenkiDala

Time Splitters 2 is one of my fav game ever, really liked 3 too. Payed those a ton with my best friend who sadly passed away more than a decade ago now.

Will be able to play the 1st one for the 1st time. Trophies addition is a good news too.

nial

I have the originals, why bother playing them when they will probably sell these to you again later in a few years on PS6-7 if the program is not backward compatible? I wish Namco of all of them were'nt so stingy about trophies.
My theory from a while ago was that the original 2015 program was only for the West for the most part (Japan only got like 8 games), so their Japanese engineers didn't put much care into their old PS2 emulation layer when running in PS5 BC.
Either way, with them being PS Plus Premium perks, Sony will probably ensure that they run well on PS6, especially since they aren't exactly trying to sell you these PS1 and PSP classics again (you can own them for free if you bought them on previous consoles).

Last edited:

DryvBy

Anyone (generally) complaining about no trophies should remember that when Sony required them for PS2 classics in the past, most publishers then decided to not support the program.
I think its valid to complain. There's nothing wrong with just pointing out frustration that they missed apart of a fun side thing to shoot for if you're someone like me, you want another reason to 100% something other than just doing it, especially with the backlog I now have.

I don't understand people that can't play games without them at all. Heck, I have platinums/100% achievements in games I still return to lol. I'm actually about to introduce my kid to Grim Fandango on PS4 this weekend.

Hestar69

If they made it mandatory like before you probably wouldn't be getting these games. For their published titles Sony has trophy support for all of them.
it can't be that hard to add them/make them and add online.Even lazy nintendo has online for their old games on switch.

Agent X

it can't be that hard to add them/make them and add online.Even lazy nintendo has online for their old games on switch.

As J JaksGhost said above, it was good that Sony made trophies optional for developers. The last time around (a few years ago), a lot of developers didn't even bother bringing over their games, because of the added hassle.

With regard to online play, it would be nice for them to implement it. In the meantime, maybe you could try SharePlay as an alternative method? Your friend on the other end doesn't even need to own or download the game.

YuLY

Can someone explain to me why these games arent on steam already ??? some obscure build engine 90s games get remastered by nightdive but we cant have some PC ports of the timesplitters games ?

kevboard

Can someone explain to me why these games arent on steam already ??? some obscure build engine 90s games get remastered by nightdive but we cant have some PC ports of the timesplitters games ?

because anyone can emulate them very easily and they won't go out of their way to implement online MP to the first 2.

pretty sure you can even play Future Perfect online through PCSX2.
there's even a Mouse/Keyboard mod afaik.

the fact is that these aren't the style of shooters that would be popular with PC players without dramatically altering the core gameplay mechanics

Hestar69

As J JaksGhost said above, it was good that Sony made trophies optional for developers. The last time around (a few years ago), a lot of developers didn't even bother bringing over their games, because of the added hassle.

With regard to online play, it would be nice for them to implement it. In the meantime, maybe you could try SharePlay as an alternative method? Your friend on the other end doesn't even need to own or download the game.
it cant be THAT hard to add them just lazy devs. People have added so many trophies to ps1-2 games on emulators

cormack12

Gold Member

I thought all games had to have trophies, like it was mandatory?

Fabieter

I think an emulated re-release is easier to do in licensing hell than a completely new build on steam

Agent X

it cant be THAT hard to add them just lazy devs. People have added so many trophies to ps1-2 games on emulators

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to add trophies to old games. It (along with other associated testing and QA) was apparently enough of a nuisance that it held back some developers from bringing PS2 games to PS4 a few years ago.

I thought all games had to have trophies, like it was mandatory?

No, certain categories of games are exempt, such as free-to-play games.

In the case of "classic" games from older systems, trophies are now optional. They were always optional for PS1 and PSP games on PS4/PS5. The original wave of PS2 games for PS4 a few years ago had required trophies, but the newly developed batch of PS2 games for PS4/PS5 no longer require them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finally finished all 3.

1 - 8/10
2 - 10/10
3 - 9.8/10

3 has some minor sound bugs in some places, hopefully it's fixable but other than that it was an amazing time.

I found that 3 has a better campaign than 2 but doing 100% side missions in 2 is a lot more fun than 3. Was that you experience?

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom