• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Rayme

Excited to get the new Mixtape matchmaking that the team's been working on into everyone's hands. =)

MixTapeMatchMaking_FINAL.gif

VeeP

I'm not sure how I feel about the info yet. Getting new content is great, but I'm not too thrilled that the new maps are only dedicated to the new mode. I would have loved a roadmap too, but it makes sense not to promise exact dates up front.

Same here. I love they're updating the game, I love that the content is free.

It just sucks, because I want new maps, and they're adding maps to a mode I know I won't play, and a map to a mode a few people play.

You would think they would launch new maps first to keep more of the population alive/prevent the game from being traded in, and then a few months down the line add new gametypes with exclusive maps.

But hey, I love Titanfall 2, and I can wait another month or three for new maps.

deoee

Excited to get the new Mixtape matchmaking that the team's been working on into everyone's hands. =)

MixTapeMatchMaking_FINAL.gif

This is really clever and will help the lower populated playlists.

I guess this will replace the current screens?

Also any Roadmap leaks exclusive for NeoGAF? ._.

EL CUCO

Yeah just read.

New Mode: Live Fire
2 New Dedicated Live Fire Maps: Stacks and Meadow
1 New Coliseum Map: Columns
1 New Pilot Execution
New Commander Intros for Factions
New 1 Screen Multiplayer Mode Selection Screen / Create Your Own Mixtape

Future Content: more maps [including remasters of more maps from Titanfall], weapons, modes, and more.
Good start. Now give us the ETA 👀

Love the news, I'm only bummed about those two new maps not being playable in Pilot vs Pilot. It seems like it could be the TF2 version of Shipment. Forget strategy and everything else, just let the madness ensue.

And yes I loved playing Shipment in COD4(I just wish we didn't have to deal with the kill streaks).

deoee

Love the ziplines but then i see jaggy rocks a la crash site. Whoever it is at Respawn insisting on those fucking rocks should stop.

Jaggy rocks come from mother nature <3

This is just the process of "realistic" or coherent topography. We're playing the campaign in a kinda jungly area so it's only natural for these areas to contain sedimentary rocks

SwolBro

Banned
Jaggy rocks come from mother nature <3

This is just the process of "realistic" or coherent topography. We're playing the campaign in a kinda jungly area so it's only natural for these areas to contain sedimentary rocks

Sure, a rock here or there i'm ok with. Crash Site is the absolute worst map between both games that i get sick when i see anything that resembles it.

SwolBro

Banned
A pilot-only mode and no balance patch/roadmap.

cefadd59116da70f08ef1ddfd8126ff0.jpg

Why they think a shitty mode based on Halo 5's utmost shit mode would be a good idea is beyond comprehension. But i'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe it is fun, who knows?

Actually, on second thought nah. it's going to be complete and utter shit. Think about everyone cautiously roaming the perimeter of the map with a G2a.

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

They provided more info than I thought they would but failed to mention anything regarding balancing. Surprised, really.

Greddleok

Can anyone give me some tips on the CAR? I feel like it should be the best SMG but I can't quite use it. The alternator just feels more reliable at mid and close range.

Anything obvious that I might be screwing up?

SwolBro

Banned
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

They provided more info than I thought they would but failed to mention anything regarding balancing. Surprised, really.

It's appalling. They're entire approach to the promotion of this game to the fans has been the most bizarre shit i've ever seen in the marketing of a product.

I know Rayme has responded when people here claimed fans were getting trolled. Of course a company wouldn't do that but then we get this post with NO MENTION OF A BALANCE UPDATE. Surely, they see people talking about the balancing both on here and on reddit, people whine until they're blue in the face.

So, does it make any sense at all? I can't imagine any logical reason to not include at least a wink at it.

Can anyone give me some tips on the CAR? I feel like it should be the best SMG but I can't quite use it. The alternator just feels more reliable at mid and close range.

It is the best SMG. I love it. Practically saved the game for me after the volt nerf. As far as tips go i'd suggest a combination of hipfire and ADS. Start shooting at the hip and then ADS for the final bullets for precision.

Rayme

Of course there will be balance updates and bug fixes. =)

The update on the website today isn't patch notes, just a high-level peak at what we're working on getting out the door.

If all goes as planned, there will likely also be a server-side hotfix update for various issues, well before this full client update is live.

But we're usually pretty conservative on details until they're 100% locked in and we know we can press a button to make it so.

SwolBro

Banned
I guess that was assumed but still no indication on a timeframe. This is something that should be released right now.

Like i was saying..

P9cSkzmpYQDL2.gif

2nw2RLP081FYs.gif

bPNx7vVkuWdTG.gif

The update on the website today isn't patch notes, just a high-level peak at what we're working on getting out the door.

If all goes as planned, there will likely also be a server-side hotfix update for various issues, well before this full client update is live.

But we're usually pretty conservative on details until they're 100% locked in and we know we can press a button to make it so.

This is the INTERNET. Why not put people at ease with a mention about it in your broad announcements? People start going into meltdown mode when they don't see any official word.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
They can make weapon adjustments on their end without needing to go through cert.

I'm no expert, but even if that's the case I imagine it's not as simple as changing a few values on demand. I would guess they would still have to do testing their end to make sure the changes are balanced and be sure they don't create any weird, unforeseen bugs or something.

Like I say, I'm no expert.

I'd say drill hip fire on pigs up close; tap hip fire in mid to long engagements.

It is the best SMG. I love it. Practically saved the game for me after the volt nerf. As far as tips go i'd suggest a combination of hipfire and ADS. Start shooting at the hip and then ADS for the final bullets for precision.

It is the best SMG (they're all good, I think), but that last part isn't true:

It might sound counter intuitive but long distance is when you don't want to ADS, it makes it worse. This is true of all SMGs because of the ADS sway

Here's what I mean

CzYd91_WIAAkQ22.jpg:large

Left is the result of tap firing with hip fire, right is the result of tap firing with ADS. The weapons natural sway in ADS makes the spread pattern really poor. I took this for some other purpose a while a go, but it shows what I mean.

I can vouch for this from experience.

deoee

I can totally understand this. There's nothing more frustrating than having to announce a dealy and piss EVERYONE off.

Also thanks for the clarification, any more info about the server side hotfix?
Is it balance changes as well or just bugfixes?

SwolBro

Banned
I

It is the best SMG (they're all good, I think), but that last part isn't true:

I can vouch for this from experience.

This could be true and all but the way the controller works, with the thumbsticks, it's not that easy to keep precision strictly with hipfiring, at least not with my sensitivity.

In order for me to make those quick turn arounds i need the sensitivity to be at "very high" which then causes the hip movement to be somewhat twitchy. I need the ADS to rebalance me during my acrobatics =D

(i posted gifs above so you can get an idea)

Gator86

I guess I'm just disappointed at the development priorities. We know that different groups are in charge of different things, but there are opportunity costs. Resources taken for the pilot mode could have been spent on improving the base game. Aren't the pilot modes mostly deserted anyway? Why focus on modes without the best part of your game and the thing that makes it unique and interesting?

I feel like the focus should be new maps and Titans, maybe some new skills/weapons. Why spread the only moderately-sized playerbase among even more modes? If you asked me what I hoped to see in an update, this is basically the furthest thing from what I'd say.

Thanks

Are these issues issues or does it include balancing?

I'm no expert, but even if that's the case I imagine it's not as simple as changing a few values on demand. I would guess they would still have to do testing their end to make sure the changes are balanced and be sure they don't create any weird, unforeseen bugs or something.

Like I say, I'm no expert.

Of course
I didn't state otherwise. I was simply making it clear that cert isn't necessary.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This could be true and all but the way the controller works, with the thumbsticks, it's not that easy to keep precision strictly with hipfiring, at least not with my sensitivity.

In order for me to make those quick turn arounds i need the sensitivity to be at "very high" which then causes the hip movement to be somewhat twitchy. I need the ADS to rebalance me during my acrobatics =D

Ah, I getcha.

Vipu

Banned

Mark crosshair dot spot with something like marker or 3rd party crosshair.
Makes aiming 200% easier.

SwolBro

Banned
Mark crosshair dot spot with something like marker or 3rd party crosshair.
Makes aiming 200% easier.

Truth.

____
Since they've mentioned more Titanfall 1 maps coming to Titanfall 2 might as well make it known
  1. Colony
  2. Smugglers Cove
  3. Runoff
That's what we need here.

Chris1

Haven't played in a while and just saw the new content update.. I'm disappointed

Another PvP mode? The one in game is bad enough as it is I doubt this will be much different. The mode isn't the thing disappoints me most, it's that they're releasing 3 maps and all of them are gonna be tied to crap playlists. They should be making maps for all modes and if it doesn't work for some gamemodes, like this one, make it so you can only play in a specific area of that map and block access to the rest for that game mode.

The mixtape playlist updates looks good though

Hoping War Games is one of the Titanfall 1 remastered maps

Truth.

____
Since they've mentioned more Titanfall 1 maps coming to Titanfall 2 might as well make it known
  1. Colony
  2. Smugglers Cove
  3. Runoff
That's what we need here.

You mean War Games

KodaRuss

As a huge fan of 1 life MP I am pretty excited to try out Live Fire.

Love the new game mode selection screen as well.

I want to see the next Prime Titans and the roadmap badly though.

Arttemis

Super excited! Hopefully you can open up the new maps to other modes, too? If not, I'm still hyped to try the ziplines, balance fixes, other new maps, etc! This is 2016's GOTY for me, and I have no intentions of dropping it any time soon! Already bought the camo pack for support!

Top Bottom