• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

JaMarco

I can finally play just Skirmish! Praise Allah!

I hope there's going to be a fix for the excessively constant party breakups connecting to matches.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Saying amazing campaign and amazing gameplay are two different things. Just because the gameplay is great it doesn't make everything else automatically great. Multiplayer is a blast and the gameplay is extremely satisfying but the campaign is really overhyped. You cant call it amazing just because of one aspect.

You can when that one aspect that makes the game amazing is the gameplay.

Arrrammis

Room for 3 more on PS4 if anyone is interested!

Also, if anyone in-group wants to play a different mode, let me know

Straight up Gaf domination going on!
al7hg9T.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I knew you'd say Doom.

While I agree and found it awesome, it was really dragging on in the last third of the game and it had just that one mechanic - shooting.
There was nothing else to do in the game from minute one :/

So you're calling Doom amazing because of ONE aspect but are not willing to call Titanfall amazing?

It's a nice Number 2 after Titanfall 2 for me :)

I dunno man Doom was really, really good. It's kind of hard for me to pick a favorite and I'd throw Shadow Warrior 2 into the mix as well. Easily my top 3 games of 2016, shooter or not. I have a soft spot for weapon wheels, though ... maybe I'm biased.

Edit : I think I replied to the wrong post.

This could be true and all but the way the controller works, with the thumbsticks, it's not that easy to keep precision strictly with hipfiring, at least not with my sensitivity.

In order for me to make those quick turn arounds i need the sensitivity to be at "very high" which then causes the hip movement to be somewhat twitchy. I need the ADS to rebalance me during my acrobatics =D

(i posted gifs above so you can get an idea)

I get what you're saying though I do I feel that in most of the gifs above you would have killed them had you simply held the trigger at the point in which you were aiming.

Reposting this but this as it helps show why I don't like to ADS.

FLCxa9A.gif

ADSing takes time and obstructs your view a bit, if I tried to ADS on each of these kills I would have likely lost momentum and not moved through them as quickly. If your accurate with hip fire, the time to kill is actually likely to be shorter than the time to ADS. I also feel that ADSing makes it more awkward to snap between targets on a single screen, since I would have to exit ADS and re-enter to move the crosshair quickly again.

With that said I understand your point about the sensitivity. I also find it more useful to ADS on the Car than it is on the Alternator and Volt. I almost never ADS on the Volt and absolutely never on the Alternator but for the CAR I feel that it helps make the minor adjustments required to manage the recoil.

SwolBro

Banned
i get what you're saying though I do I feel that in most of the gifs above you would have killed them had you simply held the trigger at the point in which you were aiming.

Reposting this but this as it helps show why I don't like to ADS.

FLCxa9A.gif

ADSing takes time and obstructs your view a bit, if I tried to ADS on each of these kills I would have likely lost momentum and not moved through them as quickly. If your accurate with hip fire, the time to kill is actually likely to be shorter than the time to ADS. I also feel that ADSing makes it more awkward to snap between targets on a single screen, since I would have to exit ADS and re-enter to move the crosshair quickly again.

With that said I understand your point about the sensitivity. I also find it more useful to ADS on the Car than it is on the Alternator and Volt. I almost never ADS on the Volt and absolutely never on the Alternator but for the CAR I feel that it helps make the minor adjustments required to manage the recoil.

Well, exactly. I never ADS with the alternator, it's actually harder to manage your shots ADSing with the alternator. I didn't ADS much with the volt either but with the CAR i feel like i have to end a lot of it with a quick ADS. I've tried not doing it and it doesn't work for me, i may miss a vital last headshot and cost myself. If you pay closer attention to some of the kills in those gifs you'll notice that i'll start to miss in hipfire and have to ADS to snap to target. Snapping to target was in Titanfall 1 but no where near what it is here. It's a mechanic that you would be smart utilizing with some weapons (201 is crazy with this), not doing so is silly.

Plus in this clip you're not doing any 180s or quick cuts. You're going straight at them. In this case i also tend to go only hipfire, as you can see in the gifs i posted.

JaMarco

Well, exactly. I never ADS with the alternator, it's actually harder to manage your shots ADSing with the alternator. I didn't ADS much with the volt either but with the CAR i feel like i have to end a lot of it with a quick ADS. I've tried not doing it and it doesn't work for me, i may miss a vital last headshot and cost myself. If you pay closer attention to some of the kills in those gifs you'll notice that i'll start to miss in hipfire and have to ADS to snap to target. Snapping to target was in Titanfall 1 but no where near what it is here. It's a mechanic that you would be smart utilizing with some weapons (201 is crazy with this), not doing so is silly.

Plus in this clip you're not doing any 180s or quick cuts. You're going straight at them. In this case i also tend to go only hipfire, as you can see in the gifs i posted.
You have to ADS with the CAR to hit at range.

Really excited that we've finally got word on new content but I think I'll be a little more interested when we get new maps for the standard modes. Not sure how long the new mode will be populated here in Australia so those maps kinda feel like a waste. Can't wait to see the roadmap! Keep up the good work team.

Naar

It's been a while but I finally managed a no death attrition match again, on Eden of all maps, and get first place in leaderboard. I managed a couple recently but died in the evacuation phase.

My KDR just quadrupled lol

Also can someone explain why people are saying the same weapon is worse on pc and better on console or vice versa?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's been a while but I finally managed a no death attrition match again, on Eden of all maps, and get first place in leaderboard. I managed a couple recently but died in the evacuation phase.

My KDR just quadrupled lol

Also can someone explain why people are saying the same weapon is worse on pc and better on console or vice versa?
Keyboard Mouse vs Controller basically.

Discobird

Hemlok and G2 are helped enormously by aim assist on a controller, but with mouse and keyboard they're pretty meh. On PC you could argue that all of the SMGs are better than all of the assault rifles, on console that's definitely not the case. The Devotion is pretty silly on both console and PC though.

Greddleok

Still learning with the CAR, it still feels a little weird. Need to get used to tapping rather than just holding down fire like an idiot.

Only getting 150 points per match with the CAR, while I was 200 with alternator, and easily 250 with the hemlock (no shit).

lol although come to think of it, I had a SHITTY time with my Titan. For some reason there are scorches everywhere, and Ronin just can't deal with that.

hadar

Still learning with the CAR, it still feels a little weird. Need to get used to tapping rather than just holding down fire like an idiot.

Only getting 150 points per match with the CAR, while I was 200 with alternator, and easily 250 with the hemlock (no shit).

lol although come to think of it, I had a SHITTY time with my Titan. For some reason there are scorches everywhere, and Ronin just can't deal with that.

Wait, you're supposed to tap fire with the car? (I just hose and pray to the lag gods)

Wait, you're supposed to tap fire with the car? (I just hose and pray to the lag gods)

No you don't tap fire with CAR. You only do it on the Alternator for the first shot accuracy, with a CAR you can hold the trigger and hose them.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No you don't tap fire with CAR. You only do it on the Alternator for the first shot accuracy, with a CAR you can hold the trigger and hose them.

Up close, defo. Mid to long, you want to tap for better accuracy.

Nah.

It might sound counter intuitive but long distance is when you don't want to ADS, it makes it worse. This is true of all SMGs because of the ADS sway

Here's what I mean

CzYd91_WIAAkQ22.jpg:large

Left is the result of tap firing with hip fire, right is the result of tap firing with ADS. The weapons natural sway in ADS makes the spread pattern really poor. I took this for some other purpose a while a go, but it shows what I mean.

Greddleok

I think that misses one of the key aspects of ADS.

The auto aim.

Aiming at a wall is not the same as aiming at a moving target you're trying to track. The ADS gives you a boost in the auto aim and helps you pick up the target.

I don't think you should exclusively ADS, but as swol said, it helps if you're starting to lose them.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

The auto aim.

Aiming at a wall is not the same as aiming at a moving target you're trying to track. The ADS gives you a boost in the auto aim and helps you pick up the target.

I don't think you should exclusively ADS, but as swol said, it helps if you're starting to lose them.

Not really been my experience. I've killed people over distance (say a rooftop or two of Angel City) much quicker by tap firing without ADS than with. If I drill over distance, most of my shots miss. Any longer than that, you're better off repositioning.

Plus, unless you're already travelling on the momentum of a jump or slide, you slow down considerably, negating the SMGs other main benefit.

Naar

Keyboard Mouse vs Controller basically.

Hemlok and G2 are helped enormously by aim assist on a controller, but with mouse and keyboard they're pretty meh. On PC you could argue that all of the SMGs are better than all of the assault rifles, on console that's definitely not the case. The Devotion is pretty silly on both console and PC though.

So basically it's about aim assist? I actually have it turned off on PS4 as I got tired of it auto adjusting for me when there were more than 1 enemy close to each other when trying to aim at them

The auto aim.

Auto aim isn't the right term, it's aim assist. Auto aim aims for you and is turned off all together in multiplayer (don't remember about the campaign).

Aim assist isn't different across ADS and hip fire, one difference though is that you are less likely to move out of the 'assisted' when your sensitivity is lower. So finer movements of ADS might help in that regard, and also help in respect to managing the recoil of something like the CAR, so that it doesn't go beyond the area in which the aim is slowed and assisted onto the target.

Up close, defo. Mid to long, you want to tap for better accuracy.

At mid range I tend to spray at long range I don't shoot at them (unless I have no other option). The TTK is too slow and if they're using Hemlock, G2, R201 etc. they'll just kill you. Better to avoid those engagements and focus on placing yourself into positions where your weapon is at its most effective.

Drifters

My highest yet... 197 on Attrition and I absolutely destroyed with my Scorch. Just about to re-gen to 4. I really wish there was some higher level gadgets.

Arrrammis

Well, apparently if a reaper drops in exactly the same place as your titan, it glitches and you can't respawn, you're just stuck looking at the ground for the rest of the game. And if you go into your menu, then you can't back out of the menu... fantastic.

Animator

Got busy with work and haven't had time to play for the last couple weeks. Do we have a road map yet? Any announcements I missed?

Dez_

Well, apparently if a reaper drops in exactly the same place as your titan, it glitches and you can't respawn, you're just stuck looking at the ground for the rest of the game. And if you go into your menu, then you can't back out of the menu... fantastic.

It sucks that happened, but at least the rest of the matches went well. Good games to you and Ch4fx, and Tacoz. It felt great playing in a group again.

KingV

Found a new load out for Ronin that I like. Phase reflex combined with nuclear ejection is a good time.

As soon as you auto phase shift when you're doomed, just jam on the eject button. Typically you'll explode a split second after phasing back in.

Works especially well against scorch and legion since they usually can't dash away.

I can usually knock out a few Titans per round with just this (though they often eventually figure out what I'm doing).

SwolBro

Banned

CAR is a weapon you do actually hold down with. The only time you want to tap is at range, i rather use the word "burst" though. You want to hold it down , let it go, hold it down... like that.

Not really been my experience. I've killed people over distance (say a rooftop or two of Angel City) much quicker by tap firing without ADS than with. If I drill over distance, most of my shots miss. Any longer than that, you're better off repositioning.

Plus, unless you're already travelling on the momentum of a jump or slide, you slow down considerably, negating the SMGs other main benefit.
You do realize things change when you're playing someone that is actually fast and mobile that actually shoots back at you rather than dudes that hesitate while walking straight at you, right? lol.

ADS is viable on CAR in certain situations like at range, or to rebalance your aim like i mentioned before. It's not a hipfire weapon only on console.

Donos

Have to say that on some of my kills with Hemlock, i even think "hax" myself (PS4). Still not touched the Devotion but i'm not sure if it would overtake Hemlock in the "OP" department for me. Addicted to the burst...

I still play/die more often against Devotion users than Hemlock though.

What happens after the kill/xp counter on the weapon reaches 999? (probably adds a digit)

Low Profile worth it over Hover? I go for Rodeo a lot (with the grapple) but the Hover+Hemlock got me a lot off kills already.

Arrrammis

Have to say that on some of my kills with Hemlock, i even think "hax" myself (PS4). Still not touched the Devotion but i'm not sure if it would overtake Hemlock in the "OP" department for me. Addicted to the burst...

I still play/die more often against Devotion users than Hemlock though.

What happens after the kill/xp counter on the weapon reaches 999? (probably ads a digit)

Low Profile worth it over Hover? I go for Rodeo a lot (with the grapple) but the Hover+Hemlock got me a lot off kills already.

Hemlock is definitely more OP at close range (one-burst kill even without headshots), but the damage falloff on the Devotion only brings the damage down from ~40 to ~35 at the longest ranges, so even without a headshot it's a 3-shot kill. When you add in the insane stability, it's better than most of the sniper rifles at sniping.

When you get past 999, then yeah it adds a digit.

Personally, I really like low profile and run it everywhere. Hover is good for catching people off guard, but more often than not I just get shot while I'm hovering.

Greddleok

I think literally anything is better than Hover. I see players hovering all the time and just grab my free kill from the completely stationary target.

Top Bottom