• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Of course there will be balance updates and bug fixes. =)

The update on the website today isn't patch notes, just a high-level peak at what we're working on getting out the door.

If all goes as planned, there will likely also be a server-side hotfix update for various issues, well before this full client update is live.

But we're usually pretty conservative on details until they're 100% locked in and we know we can press a button to make it so.

Please make Frontier Defense 2. Thank you~

Dez_

Can't say that I'm really into elimination style modes, but I'll certainly give them a try. Would prefer to not play them solo, that's for sure.

ch4fx_

Can't say that I'm really into elimination style modes, but I'll certainly give them a try. Would prefer to not play them solo, that's for sure.

My man :D! We all have Titanfall now, so feel free to join us whenever you see us online.

Spoiler -
Tacoz is just as consistent at Titanfall as he is at Destiny, imagine that.

Vipu

Banned
This new mode will be campfest.
If you wallrun etc you will be first people to die to some devotion guy waiting behind corner.

Pvp? What a joke. Shitty that the maps are dedicated , too. Oh well, gues frontier defence and balance adjustments were too much to ask for. They should be focused on new maps and titans, not pvp... Hopefully the roadmap is full of great stuff

Rayme

If you wallrun etc you will be first people to die to some devotion guy waiting behind corner.

The rounds are 1-minute max, and if both teams survive the team holding the flag wins. Holding back and/or flanking can be valid tactics, but flat-out camping won't really do anything.

Wtf? Pvp? Yawn... Would rather have 2 new maps in the game modes with Titans.

Quoting myself...
This is a very fast game mode (1 minute rounds), and the maps are sized for that. They are not as huge an undertaking as full-sized MP maps.
So don't worry that these were made in lieu of full-sized maps. If anything these were good practice for the map designers working on them.

I love the negativity in this thread about every announcement that is made <3

IT IS A PROFOUND JOY.

Yep, the more I thought about it I pretty much came to the same conclusion. They describe it as "lightning fast" but lets be real. Anybody who decides to go airborne in these maps will 6 guns pointed at him.

I'd be way more OK with these maps if it were PvP. It can just be a giant clusterfuck of constant murder if that were the case. But knowing that you only have 1 life per round, a lot of people are going to play it safe and be afraid to take chances.

Dez_

My man :D! We all have Titanfall now, so feel free to join us whenever you see us online.

Spoiler -
Tacoz is just as consistent at Titanfall as he is at Destiny, imagine that.

Good to see you here, Ch4f! Yeah, I saw him online the other day, should have sent an invite cause I'd love to play with you guys again. Got a new job that will probably make things a little difficult for a bit, but I'll definitely send you an invite if I see you online. This game has been my main go to now that I've put Destiny on the back burner. Tacoz good at multiplayer? I cannot even imagine :p

Vipu

Banned
We all haters love this game even if everything we say is negative stuff.

Would still like to get upgrade to 20hz tickrate tho.

deoee

The rounds are 1-minute max, and if both teams survive the team holding the flag wins. Holding back and/or flanking can be valid tactics, but flat-out camping won't really do anything.

Quoting myself...

So don't worry that these were made in lieu of full-sized maps. If anything these were good practice for the map designers working on them.

IT IS A PROFOUND JOY.

1 Minute round sounds CRAZY intense, really interested to at least try it.

Can you share more footage of the new maps or anything else?
I'm hungry for more infoooo *,..,*

The idea of an elimination based mode sounds great and is something I'd likely play.

No mention of balance changes doesn't bother me in the slightest as I expected this to be more of an announcement about the free DLC coming to the game rather than standard bug fixes / balance changes which are an inevitable given.

Frontier Defence / PVE is my most wanted mode and nothing would make me happier than to see that sooner rather than later.

i haven´t played the game in the last three weeks and i was waiting for the updates, really looking forward to some news about frontier defence to try to came back to the game, it seems i have to wait some more

hadar

As someone coming from Destiny, it seems the quick paced movement is what's crippling me.. it seems I just can't 'hit it' with how I'm supposed to be moving.

It doesn't help much to watch Frothy's stuff too, guy just seems to zip all over the place with purpose

deoee

I've only played a few hours but are there huge balance issues needing to be fixed? Seemed pretty balanced to me but as I said I'm a novice.

Several weapons outclass every other in their class and even across classes (Devotion, Hemlock) but balancing is depending on platform. The Hemlock is shit on PC for example but devastating on console.

Some boosts are annyoing (turrets) and Tone is still too strong against Pilots.
Northstar is just shit except suiciding and fireing cluster missiles on points.

As someone coming from Destiny, it seems the quick paced movement is what's crippling me.. it seems I just can't 'hit it' with how I'm supposed to be moving.

It doesn't help much to watch Frothy's stuff too, guy just seems to zip all over the place with purpose

Practicing in the Gauntlet would be my recommendation

SliChillax

Bought the game since everyone told me to and just finished the campaign. Where's the amazing campaign? It's not bad but it doesn't deserve all the praise. Effect and cause is cool but that's it. Graphics are average, story is average and campaign is too short. If it wasn't for the amazing gameplay I wouldn't have bothered to finish it. Now onto multiplayer...

May God have mercy on your soul.

Not an expert but I've played for quite a bit and I agree. I get killed by all things equally :D

I'm doing pretty well as a pilot but I am god-awful with the Titans. Still dunno how to use them really. Brute forcing everything close-range with Scorch seems to work fairly well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the game since everyone told me to and just finished the campaign. Where's the amazing campaign? It's not bad but it doesn't deserve all the praise. Effect and cause is cool but that's it. Graphics are average, story is average and campaign is too short. If it wasn't for the amazing gameplay I wouldn't have bothered to finish it. Now onto multiplayer...

DrStrangelove.gif

Edit: Beaten...

hadar

I don't really get the appeal of Bounty Hunt so far, it just feels as PvE'ish as Attrition just with the risk of losing some of your progress from random turrets/bullshit

Greddleok

Fuck, I just had a match against 4 people camping with devotion. Was about as fun as banging my head against a wall.

Got my titan first and then proceeded to constantly kill them over and over. Felt good.

Quoting myself...

IT IS A PROFOUND JOY.
Thanks for clarification . 1 min time limit is kind of cool. Hope it's a good mode. Can't wait for roadmap. Got a little burnt out on TF so i grabbed battlefront for cheap and platinumed it. Looking to get back into TF, now.

SwolBro

Banned
I'd be way more OK with these maps if it were PvP. It can just be a giant clusterfuck of constant murder if that were the case. But knowing that you only have 1 life per round, a lot of people are going to play it safe and be afraid to take chances.
i think i'd be ok with the mode if it were snipers only, or pistols or softballs only type of rules. Now that i could see being really fun. Regular load outs though? How will it be fun getting dinged by a hemlok or g2a from cross map?

Ouch, yeah. I could only imagine how you feel. Destiny is a slow slow slow game made worse by 30fps. What platform are you on? Ya gotta go fast man.

Not an expert but I've played for quite a bit and I agree. I get killed by all things equally :D
Well, when ya suck of course everything seems like it's killing you equally. You're just dying all over the place by everything lol.

;)

hadar

Same boat here (coming from Destiny), try out bumper jumper in both games, I've found that it helps out a lot (once you stop grenading yourself)

Oh i did that right off the bat (l1 jump <3). Its the movement itself, in destiny id sprint slide, sprint, slide, peak etc.
Here it seems double jump and slide to actually hinder the flow and i find myself in the middle of a field, easy pickings

deoee

Saying amazing campaign and amazing gameplay are two different things. Just because the gameplay is great it doesn't make everything else automatically great. Multiplayer is a blast and the gameplay is extremely satisfying but the campaign is really overhyped. You cant call it amazing just because of one aspect.

I wonder what campaign was better in the last years...?

deoee

Doom was pretty amazing

I knew you'd say Doom.

While I agree and found it awesome, it was really dragging on in the last third of the game and it had just that one mechanic - shooting.
There was nothing else to do in the game from minute one :/

So you're calling Doom amazing because of ONE aspect but are not willing to call Titanfall amazing?

It's a nice Number 2 after Titanfall 2 for me :)

Top Bottom