• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Drifters

Just played some games yesterday and I'm not a fan of the balance changes. Ion is nerfed and the Volt kicks like a bitch now.

Just had a super satisfying Archer redirect with Ion's shild right back at it's pilot, across the map. Does it seek when redirected? If not, i was lucky as hell. This game, sometimes...

SwolBro

Banned
ok i'm done with this game.

for whatever reason Respawn can't seem to put a UI together where all the playlists are on one screen. CTF has barely 100 people despite a population of 20K+ and those few people scatter the entire globe. Getting into a match and having it stutter horribly, especially since now i only want to use a FOV at 100 is just... sigh.

not to mention WHY ON EARTH is CTF only 3 caps to win on some maps? Why is it 5v5 but spawn time takes longer so a group of 2 teammates vs randoms can cap flags in seconds ending the game in under 2min!?!?!?

Attrition, bounty hunt, and now even Pilot v pilot are too easy. No competition, no real quality play, going up against devotions and stationary pilots isn't fun. I wanted some fast moving, high paced gameplay vs decent people. Nope, can't have that.

CTF was amazing in Titanfall 1. There's no point in continuing this game without it.

Frustation all over. I'm going to enjoy my weekend. Screw this.

Looked at my stats yesterday and I just realized I completed my first day, as in I just passed 24 hours of total playtime(is that MP only or MP and SP?). I got the game a little over two weeks ago and though I didn't like it much at first but that quickly changed. At first I was only playing about an hour or two per day. But recently I've been putting in 4-5 hours at a time because I just can't put it down. I haven't enjoyed playing a FPS this much since COD: MW.

On another note I'm finally making progress with my bunny hops. I'm still bad at it but I can actually do it most of the time now. One thing I need to figure out steering though. Sometimes I keep heading in a certain direction even when I turn what direction I'm facing. Would changing my air strafe mid air from holding left to right or vice versa help with that?

EDIT: Whoa my super positive post shows up just a few minutes after Swolbro's negative one lol.

Jito

Banned

for whatever reason Respawn can't seem to put a UI together where all the playlists are on one screen. CTF has barely 100 people despite a population of 20K+ and those few people scatter the entire globe. Getting into a match and having it stutter horribly, especially since now i only want to use a FOV at 100 is just... sigh.

not to mention WHY ON EARTH is CTF only 3 caps to win on some maps? Why is it 5v5 but spawn time takes longer so a group of 2 teammates vs randoms can cap flags in seconds ending the game in under 2min!?!?!?

Attrition, bounty hunt, and now even Pilot v pilot are too easy. No competition, no real quality play, going up against devotions and stationary pilots isn't fun. I wanted some fast moving, high paced gameplay vs decent people. Nope, can't have that.

CTF was amazing in Titanfall 1. There's no point in continuing this game without it.

See you back here next week then? ;)

Re: Northstar, what if they buffed tether? Like, turn it into an electric tether that deals damage and knocks out a Titans ability to move/shoot for x amount of time in addition to locking them in place.

Also, why not make it a projectile?

Imagine: Engage flight, shoot tether, lock Titan in place, snipe.

Discobird

On another note I'm finally making progress with my bunny hops. I'm still bad at it but I can actually do it most of the time now. One thing I need to figure out steering though. Sometimes I keep heading in a certain direction even when I turn what direction I'm facing. Would changing my air strafe mid air from holding left to right or vice versa help with that?

Make sure you're not holding forward when you slide hop, that's what tends to lock you into going straight forward despite looking in a different direction

deoee

You need a break from the tent I think.
Hope to see you soon!

Menitta

I noticed that if you're rodeoing a titan and they eject, you're dead every time. I'm never able to see them because they're higher than you.

Make sure you're not holding forward when you slide hop, that's what tends to lock you into going straight forward despite looking in a different direction

I see, I knew I was doing something wrong but didn't know what it was. Thanks for the answer.

Even if my aim still sucks it would be a breath of fresh air to be able to traverse across the map much more quickly instead of going always going on foot. I just need to get more comfortable with the "Evolve" button layout now.

RedFury

Just had a super satisfying Archer redirect with Ion's shild right back at it's pilot, across the map. Does it seek when redirected? If not, i was lucky as hell. This game, sometimes...
No, but it is a ticker sized explosion. Yes, very satisfying. Sometime I let them just shoot it while I'm facing off against an enemy titan and redirect it at the titan (it does massive damage). Once I'm done with the titan I'll send them a little thank you right back. I just love Ion's control of the field and the management of offense VS defense. I'm trying Legion and feel neutered in comparison. How do you play this guy?

dankir

Can you melee kill a pilot who's grappled you and incoming for the melee kick? I'm sure I timed it right the other day or can you only shoot him.

Calderc

Cool, OT2 should be a lot more positive in that case.

deoee

Can you melee kill a pilot who's grappled you and incoming for the melee kick? I'm sure I timed it right the other day or can you only shoot him.

The grappling Pilot can be shot and I'm pretty sure if you time your melee it'll work too
Dont you remember Swol has a life and he will be busy this weekend? Doesnt have time for TF2, he will be back Monday.

He'll be back for OT2, 1000% :3

dankir

Alright here is part of the reason why Flight Core sucks. Yeah I should have just use a charged rail gun shot here but why does the range on this thing suck so bad. I did barely any damage to that Tone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rI9NhqtK68

Yeah but it looks like most of your flight core missed and you were no scoping the rail gun. If you can hit the critical spots on a titan then you'll do some real damage. In that scramble situation you're probably going to lose.

Should have tether trapped and electric smoke and kept the cluster missle for that situation.

deoee

Is it OT2 yet?
AU7Amsc.gif

Alright here is part of the reason why Flight Core sucks. Yeah I should have just use a charged rail gun shot here but why does the range on this thing suck so bad. I did barely any damage to that Tone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rI9NhqtK68

I think the Core isn't supposed to be used offensive but when someone tries to engage you, you just pop your Flight Core and block the path etc.

E92 M3

I would love Respawn to have Skirmish as a separate playlist. It's so much fun in 8v8. Just pilots and Titans. Score should go to 100, as well.

Arttemis

The playlist screen is definitely poorly designed. The most vital information is squeezed into only 20% of the screen and spread across two pages. I wonder how many players will think new game modes were added if they just implemented a proper layout on one screen.

Just tried softball for the first time and holy shit is it fun! I like how every weapon in this game is viable. Getting bored? Just try a new weapon!

Finally switched to 100 FoV. It's great, except for the part where Angel City now has even more hitching than before.
Just tried softball for the first time and holy shit is it fun! I like how every weapon in this game is viable. Getting bored? Just try a new weapon!
I highly recommend getting every gun to G2. It's a fun challenge, and you'll get good with a wide range of guns for a number of different situations. The only gun I loathed leveling up was the Spitfire, as it isn't good at anything.

Top Bottom