• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

deoee

I'm sick of being anyone except Tone because bad match-ups as a Titan is fucking frustrating. I've said it before, but I don't enjoy being a counter to another Titan, and I really don't enjoy facing my counter. I want a 1v1. My weapon can be better suited for the situation, but not outright "LOL Legion, what are you going to do vs. my Flame Shield?"

Especially since Tone doesn't have any counter, a team full of Tones means you don't have any real weakspots. It's even worse because of how much Tone improves her teammates. If there is going to be a downside to Tone, I think Northstar deserves to be the reason.
https://gfycat.com/JoyfulAmusedBigmouthbass

Izuna

Banned
IZUNA PLEASE

Try Ronin :p

I'm almost G3 with Ronin. I don't use him much because of his inability to self-damage. Also, Scorch is a horrific match-up ;(

edit: btw guys, get all your complaints out because if we're going back to Gaming side or if devs are gunna be active again, we're gunna need to be a little more constructive than attacking people's who's complaints aren't the consensus or calling devs liars

I'm going to finish up the last bit of work I need to do for it by 9PM GMT, it'll go up early if we don't hit near 20k posts by then <3

deoee

I'm almost G3 with Ronin. I don't use him much because of his inability to self-damage. Also, Scorch is a horrific match-up ;(

edit: btw guys, get all your complaints out because if we're going back to Gaming side or if devs are gunna be active again, we're gunna need to be a little more constructive than attacking people's who's complaints aren't the consensus or calling devs liars

I'm going to finish up the last bit of work I need to do for it by 9PM GMT, it'll go up early if we don't hit near 20k posts by then <3

cMfkFGP.gif

Arttemis

Phase Rewind is so slow to enact that it's useless. And I was hoping for more from the triple Holo boost; I feel like those should act dynamically if it's going to take up a boost slot.

Alx

Phase Rewind is so slow to enact that it's useless. And I was hoping for more from the triple Holo boost; I feel like those should act dynamically if it's going to take up a boost slot.

Yeah I think they should replace your tactical ability when activated. As it is I never have time to use it appropriately in the middle of a fight, and since it's a one shot ability it's just useless in the end.

Zemm

Make sure whoever posts the new thread does so in gaming. PM me if you need someone to post it but I'll be out until 9-10pm or so UK time today, just incase it's going up earlier.

Arttemis

I wish the campaign had let you use all the abilities from the multiplayer game. Combining them would have been sublime. Grapple would've been best as an integrated command, with the rest cycled via a d-pad press. That would have turned the very good single player campaign into empowering perfection.

Yea all the Holo Pilot stuff is useless since they aren't dynamic in some way. Shame since the idea is pretty cool.
The Holo Pilot ability didn't have to be dynamic to be useful, I just think the Boost should for what it costs. With Holo Pilot ability, the image mimics your action when enabling it, so you can slide project into a room a second before you jump into the room and catch all players by surprise as they aiming down at the sliding hologram. You can wall run protect an image of yourself going out into the open while you pick off those who would be distracted from ground level. It's hugely powerful as a 2-charge ability.

But the boost variant just splits 3 ways walking forward, and that's it. All that build up for a single use triple Holo. That's the only time it should be dynamic, IMO.

Hey guys need some help here. Tried looking on google and couldn't find the answer and am not sure if it's answered in here.

I bought titanfall 2 during the flash sale a couple weeks back. Every time I play the campaign the game pops an error code saying it's corrupted and to download the game again right after you exit vr in the beginning of the game. I've tried deleting the game and save file and it still does it. Any ideas? It's pissing me off cause I heard the campaign is awesome.

Playing on a PS4 pro with a 2tb barracuda. All other games play fine. Thanks

SwolBro

Banned
I'm really struggling to find a boost that's useful, aside from amped weapons. It's so good, it makes all the others look pointless.
Dice roll is OP loll. It's like 35% to activate. I get one constantly. It's hilarious .

Also phase +alternator is hell a fun and causes people to quit

deoee

Hey guys need some help here. Tried looking on google and couldn't find the answer and am not sure if it's answered in here.

I bought titanfall 2 during the flash sale a couple weeks back. Every time I play the campaign the game pops an error code saying it's corrupted and to download the game again right after you exit vr in the beginning of the game. I've tried deleting the game and save file and it still does it. Any ideas? It's pissing me off cause I heard the campaign is awesome.

Playing on a PS4 pro with a 2tb barracuda. All other games play fine. Thanks

On PC it helped some people to change language but I'm not sure if it's something you can do on PS4 and if it helps :/

Try sending Rayme a PM here or on reddit if you can't resolve it.

On PC it helped some people to change language but I'm not sure if it's something you can do on PS4 and if it helps :/

Try sending Rayme a PM here or on reddit if you can't resolve it.

Okay will do. I'll try downloading and rebuilding data base again when I get home from work and if that doesn't fix it I'll send the PM. Thanks

FStop7

Banned
I'll never understand how I can go 3 games in a row only getting around 60 points and then out of nowhere go beast mode and have a 120 point game with 15+ pilot kills, 4+ Titan kills, 20+ minion kills, and 2 or 3 deaths.

All this Tone talk everywhere. There's such a simple goddamn fix for this titan.
  1. Sonar pulse should not paint targets.
  2. Sonar pulse should take longer to replenish.
There, done. Tone is balanced.

And because everyone goes on about Northstar as well-

Simple fix? Make her shot projectile travel really fast, almost hit scan like. BOOM Northstar is a beast. Gawd, someone needs to hire me as a game developer =D

Northstar does less damage with her fully charged railgun than Ion does with his laser. Making her projectiles faster isn't going to make her good.

She needs much faster projectiles on her core ability, and perhaps more damage too, it straight up sucks right now and for something that fully exposes you I think it should be quite powerful. Her railgun shots need to charge faster, at the moment she can't quickly poke into a lane because charging the railgun slows movement speed and iron / other titans can hit her shoulder as she begins to poke.

Just going for one sniper shot at long range can result in losing more than half of your health as Ttian's shoot the side of your chasis as you begin to poke, this is especially true for Ion and legion. Making matters worse, your shot may not even land because the Titan your shooting at may have some sort of shield.

I feel that Northstar would have benefited more by having her tether trap ability being a cloak or something like that instead. Something that could have allowed her to sneak around the map a little better and enter a lane, charge a shot and dish out some damage without being destroyed.

Zemm

Please fire whoever designed Complex and Crash site or never allow them to make another map. Fucking hell they are so shit. Remove them from the game and you instantly make it better. That's how bad they are.

Makikou

Please fire whoever designed Complex and Crash site or never allow them to make another map. Fucking hell they are so shit. Remove them from the game and you instantly make it better. That's how bad they are.

Complex is so, SO bad. I can't even.

Keihart

I wish the campaign had let you use all the abilities from the multiplayer game. Combining them would have been sublime. Grapple would've been best as an integrated command, with the rest cycled via a d-pad press. That would have turned the very good single player campaign into empowering perfection.

The Holo Pilot ability didn't have to be dynamic to be useful, I just think the Boost should for what it costs. With Holo Pilot ability, the image mimics your action when enabling it, so you can slide project into a room a second before you jump into the room and catch all players by surprise as they aiming down at the sliding hologram. You can wall run protect an image of yourself going out into the open while you pick off those who would be distracted from ground level. It's hugely powerful as a 2-charge ability.

But the boost variant just splits 3 ways walking forward, and that's it. All that build up for a single use triple Holo. That's the only time it should be dynamic, IMO.

Yeah, Nova pilots can't even wallrun so it ends up being pretty lame compared to the tactical holo pilot.

kagebunshin pilots are cool tho.

Complex could be good if it slimmed down some areas. Its got so much potential

I actually don't HATE Crash Site. But it feels the spawns are terrible. You start off in a stand off and everybody rushes for that firefight

Literally one half of the map is discouraged upon spawn.

Flip flop Northstars and Tones defensive abilities and you fix both of them. Tone is best when you are kiting your opponents. The tether trap would allow you to keep a distance. Northstar then can be the long range Titan that it was designed to be when they can drop cover anywhere.

Discobird

Northstar does less damage with her fully charged railgun than Ion does with his laser.

It's about 2350 damage for a fully charged railgun vs 1400 damage for the shoulder laser according to this spreadsheet. That squares with my experience where a fully charged railgun usually blows up a doomed titan but the shoulder laser only does a little more than half its doom bar.

That said, I agree with the rest of your post. Tether is pretty underwhelming outside of tether + nuclear eject shenanigans.

SwolBro

Banned

yeah, any time these maps come up, especially complex, i feel a small sense of sadness. You really get an idea of how bad they are when you start playing angel city.

Discobird

Scorch is a pretty easy matchup for Ronin unless you're being too aggressive with Ronin. Ronin can keep Scorch at Ronin's sweetspot range and there isn't anything Scorch can do about it (Scorch should never be able to stick his hand in your face). Ronin can also sword block to reduce the damage from stuck thermite to almost nothing. If all else fails, you can always wait for Scorch to use his single dash, then run in, Arc Wave to slow him and nuclear eject and there's not much Scorch can do.

Just don't run head first at Scorch when he's locking down a lane.

JJShadow

I really love this game man, just had some awesome games. First one was epic: Attrition, we were losing 200-300 and two of our team rage quitted. Final result? We ended up winning 4vs6

u8L6elg.jpg

And in the second one I had one of my best games ever, got 160 points at the end and had this really nice killing spree in less than a minute

https://youtu.be/HFqD3wU0tuI

SwolBro

Banned
omg lol.this is why you never trust the general player base on opinions of a game.

https://streamable.com/qxlo

OH my sides hurt. . is it possible that titanfall brings out the brightest players in FPS gaming? honestly because the first game had some appallingly bad players and it's no different here. what is it about this game that people get so confused?

I guess it's why COD is still so popular with it's incredibly simplistic gameplay.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
omg lol.this is why you never trust the general player base on opinions of a game.

OH my sides hurt. . is it possible that titanfall brings out the brightest players in FPS gaming? honestly because the first game had some appallingly bad players and it's no different here. what is it about this game that people get so confused?

I guess it's why COD is still so popular with it's incredibly simplistic gameplay.

Dammit I was just in the middle of posting this, absolutely hilarious.

ORANGE BAD

BLUE GOOD

Lol. Wow!

Feel like coliseum would be a lot better with a good map with good movement. Maybe even add an objective like hold on to a flag for points

With all the fun abilities, it could be a lot of fun juking and chasing each other

FStop7

Banned
The feeling I get from opening an Advocate Gift and receiving a Colesium Ticket is about the same as the feeling I got as a kid when getting socks for Christmas.

RedFury

Had a guy jump out of his titan mid execution. WTF. I think i have heard someone mention this before. How is that possible? It even had a proper animation
Lmao it was me, it happens quite often actually as I get tons of executions. It seems to happen when they do a manual exit not eject. They exit out safely but you catch their titan in the animation so it kinda just spits them out and the proper animation is played.

J_Viper

Every time I consider deleting this because I'm tired of getting steamrolled by Gen 4-6 teams, I jump off a wall and get some crazy cool multi-kill.

This game is so conflicting.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Feels good the be the asshole in Bounty Hunt sometimes (aka always)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LiquidJM/video/24436044

But this does not feel good. And it all ended with me being killed in the dropship

KnkFsC9.png

Feel like coliseum would be a lot better with a good map with good movement. Maybe even add an objective like hold on to a flag for points

With all the fun abilities, it could be a lot of fun juking and chasing each other

I played that for the first time last night and got totally wrecked. But hey I got all those Mt. Dew tickets so I'll keep at it I guess.

Top Bottom