• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

So uh... how do I initiate those super awesome cinematic melee finishers?

Was killed a few times as a Titan, while the other titan shoved his whole arm through my torso lol.

I wanna do that

If your Titan is in doomed state which is indicated by a striped health bar, a melee attack from enemy Titan will execute you.

The Dude

The movement I think is fine, I enjoy moving around. I just wish the actual gunplay/ttk wasn't that of cod, if it had its own gunplay mechanics/dynamics of that of the original it'd be spot on

dankir

tl;dr there are too many damn buttons in this game

raw

You just need to practice more, go watch videos of somebody like FrothyOmen or Gamesager and see how fluent their movement is.

I've gotten pretty good at bunny hopping with an elite controller, but I think my stick sensistivity is too high or something cuz damn at high speed I can't aim for shit.

My one annoyance is that when you ADS the zoom is almost too much. Like the gun you have takes up too much of the screen, at least with the CAR and R201 rifle IMO. I've lost tracked of pilots because the gun has blocked my view :S

You are completely off your rocker

He is 90% off his rocker.

But the one thing I would recommended is to new people is to turn "auto sprint" on from the menus. There is no stamina meter in this game so there is no reason not to autorun all the time. And that is one less button to worry about.

People crying for Legion nerf lol this is how you continue ruining Titan gameplay

Git gud and learn to deal.

Tone and Northstar are good counters at distance. Legions shield is on a timer and has to reload. Use that to your advantage.

Ronin can wreck Legion. Get in and get out. Do. Not. Melee. As tempting as it is to whip his sword don't do it. Just don't.

No, which makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. It's a melee.

Izuna

Banned
People crying for Legion nerf lol this is how you continue ruining Titan gameplay

Git gud and learn to deal.

Tone and Northstar are good counters at distance. Legions shield is on a timer and has to reload. Use that to your advantage.

Ronin can wreck Legion. Get in and get out. Do. Not. Melee. As tempting as it is to whip his sword don't do it. Just don't.

I really want to 1v1 people who claim this.

It's outright bull. I mean, one shotty hit doing 50% doesn't convince you that Ronin just isn't meant to fight Legion?

Also... Legion doesn't have to reload with Smart Core lmao, it's 15 seconds of infinite ammo + a clip before and after

Ronin is such a weird one. He feels too weak as a glass cannon but giving more health might make him a little too overpowered

This is what i worry about too. I dont envy Respawn. Ronin could get real OP really easy.

Maybe buffing his normal melee to bonus damage and putting a cool-down on it so they can't spam it non-stop like they're all trying to do now? Not sure but he's more like a glass slingshot than glass cannon currently ;P

It's outright bull. I mean, one shotty hit doing 50% doesn't convince you that Ronin just isn't meant to fight Legion?

Also... Legion doesn't have to reload with Smart Core lmao, it's 15 seconds of infinite ammo + a clip before and after

Same! lol i'll try later with Ultima but i SUCK at Legion.

People are nuts thinking two equal skill level players... one in a Ronin and one in a Legion... is going to go the way or Ronin.

It might happen 8 times out of 10... but that Legion player is going to fucking MELT Ronin. Hell, even a mediocre Legion player will stand his own against an elite Ronin player.

Let's see the proof those saying Ronin will take Legion. Show me the receipts! lol

He is 90% off his rocker.

But the one thing I would recommended is to new people is to turn "auto sprint" on from the menus. There is no stamina meter in this game so there is no reason not to autorun all the time. And that is one less button to worry about.

I told everyone to do this

Izuna

Banned
Auto sprint is a bad idea because ADS forces walk. You can't learn muscle memory when your hip fire and ADS has to have different movement.

Just click bruh

Xeroblade

How is the PS4 player base? Bought this with the B2G1 deal at Target. I don't want this game to be dead after a month like the first one.

CivRab

Loving the game so far, couple of small critiques though:

Sniper Rifles though can be played well just don't work with the new map design/re-spawn system. It just seems that it is not a viable choice when comparing them to the other weapons (on console).

Some minor tweaking in Titan balancing needs to happen

Really miss the gen challenge system I loved how it progressed you through weapons and tactics to end you at gen 10 as a well rounded player it also helped split up the big grind between generations, hoping that they will bring this back in someway with new skins

Reward skin for gen 10 just look bad, most of the weapons base textures look better than it, would have been cool to be like a chromed or metallic black or have some kind of particle effect attached.

Progression not reseting when you gen a weapon/titan/pilot again makes it feel more grindy in my opinion

I much prefered the titan voice system from Tf1 to this new factions, i miss my japanese waifu titan shouting "Dash core kidou" at me :'(

Oh and frontier defence needs to return...

But all in all after the bad taste of the beta I'm pleasantly surprised at how much fun the game is to play which is what kept me hooked to Tf1.

Compared to how my Stryder held up against the other Titans in TF1, right now he just feels like the weakest of them all.

Eh, him and Northstar both feel equally frail IMO... but the thing is Northstar can hide away at distance and do chip damage whereas Ronin is forced to get up closer to deal damage. I think the lack of a true defensive option for Northstar balances this but yes... i generally agree. Ronin (and Legion) need some balancing.

Auto sprint is a bad idea because ADS forces walk. You can't learn muscle memory when your hip fire and ADS has to have different movement.

Just click bruh

Auto sprint FTW! I'm not sure if you play on console or PC but on PS4 with auto sprint selected you can still walk/run by moving the left analog maybe 1/4 of the distance in any direction. You'll only sprint when you max out your left stick in a direction. It's perfection. You dont need to click... it's like Mario 64 run/walk/sprint. lol

MGrant

Anyone having issues connecting with Origin? I'm in Taiwan and can't get the Origin client to connect online. It's stuck in offline mode.

Izuna

Banned
How do you play for hours? Are you not in constant pain with that claw grip?

it's super comfortable dude

i've been doing this since halo ce so... I must have been like... 8 or 9?

know what... maybe 11 or 12, I don't think we had the Xbox when it released...

To those who haven't played the campaign yet.
It's not the next portal 2 or half life 3.
It's a good campaign but it's not GOAT,

I still love the atmosphere and style of gameplay.

To those who haven't played the campaign yet.
It's not the next portal 2 or half life 3.
It's a good campaign but it's not GOAT,

I still love the atmosphere and style of gameplay.
I like how the campaign's pacing and escalation is done quite well. That is the proper way to do a campaign or any story for that matter.

It makes sense that a punch does the same damage as a sword slash? Hmm.

Yes

Take Overwatch for example. Genji or Roadhog do not gain a damage boost simply because they have a weapon in their hand as they melee. I believe the only exception is Rein. His hammer/melee is his primary, so there is a damage bump.

Yes

Take Overwatch for example. Genji or Roadhog do not gain a damage boost simply because they have a weapon in their hand as they melee. I believe the only exception is Rein. His hammer/melee is his primary, so there is a damage bump.

Torbjorn's hammer does the same damage as Rein as well.

Ensoul

How is the PS4 player base? Bought this with the B2G1 deal at Target. I don't want this game to be dead after a month like the first one.

The few times I checked there were about 24K people online. Not great numbers IMO considering in the short time the MWR MP door opened there were 100K people online.

I do like this game but I have major concerns about the health of this game online after IW comes out.

Finished the campaign last night, that was really fun.
The whole end segment where you're jumping from ship to ship is awesome, and the smart pistol segment makes you feel like a god.

Ion is the best counter to Legion imo, they always put up shields and unload into me, so I absorb all of their bullets and they move so slow while firing it's easy as hell to sidle around their shield and throw all of that ammo back in their face. Almost an instant kill.

The few times I checked there were about 24K people online. Not great numbers IMO considering in the short time the MWR MP door opened there were 100K people online.

I do like this game but I have major concerns about the health of this game online after IW comes out.

It's super unfair to compare any game to a giant of a game as a COD title. There is only a handful of games that come close to those numbers in a year.

JaMarco

Yes

In this case I think it would be more balanced if Ronin's melee did a lot more damage. He's just way under-powered right now. If I have to expose myself with my low health to attack, I better be able to rip people apart when I get there.

Izuna

Banned
Ion is the best counter to Legion imo, they always put up shields and unload into me, so I absorb all of their bullets and they move so slow while firing it's easy as hell to sidle around their shield and throw all of that ammo back in their face. Almost an instant kill.

I super agree. Or a Legion that times his shield a little better haha

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Ronin can be completely balanced by making phase shift similar to the pilot phase shift. Allow it to build up, giving Ronin 2 charges.

The build up time would be the element of balancing, but I think this would make playing Ronin a lot more fun.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Just finished the campaign, took me about 8 hours on hard, I'm lost for words to describe the epicness I just played.

What an amazing feeling....I feel so, satisfied.

RedFury

All Ronin needs imo is bonus damage at point blank ranges for his shotgun. Just a simple multiplier and MAYBE auto reload on phase dash.

Ensoul

It's super unfair to compare any game to a giant of a game as a COD title. There is only a handful of games that come close to those numbers in a year.

I understand MWR is a game everybody wants but the game is 10 years old and had 100K people playing. I do agree with what you're saying but that still doesn't change the fact that as good as this game is online, it may only have a short shelf life. Hope I am wrong though.

Top Bottom