• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Will PC support the Xbone pad? Will playing with a pad on PC even be competitive? Will this game have a non-hardcore crowd on PC?

So many questions. Quite tempted to get the PC version, just can't get convinced of buying an Xbox One for it.

Yes to first question (It is the 360 controller the game supports, not xbone). From what I've seen from the beta, yes to the second question. I don't know how to answer the third question. Every game online is pretty much a dedicated fan base.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
naovawJ.jpg

I'm ready!

That looks great. Can't wait for Friday to pick up the adapter.

Ferny

Will PC support the Xbone pad? Will playing with a pad on PC even be competitive? Will this game have a non-hardcore crowd on PC?

So many questions. Quite tempted to get the PC version, just can't get convinced of buying an Xbox One for it.

I played the PC beta with only a controller to test out how well I would do. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of my stats from the beta, but I can say I was doing really well. I was almost always in 1st - 3rd overall in each game and I never felt like anyone really outplayed me with a keyboard. With so much going on in TF, it kind of makes it a bit easier with a controller I think.

The Titanfall XB1 controller is definitely a "looks better in person" product. I remember when the promo pics came out about it and I thought it was hideous to be honest. I bought it on the last day of the beta and played my last few matches with it.

Rubenov

The Titanfall XB1 controller is definitely a "looks better in person" product. I remember when the promo pics came out about it and I thought it was hideous to be honest. I bought it on the last day of the beta and played my last few matches with it.

Did you play better with it? :)

No driver has been released yet to make the XBOne controller work with the PC. Who the fuck knows when MS will actually get around to it...

I played the PC beta with only a controller to test out how well I would do. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of my stats from the beta, but I can say I was doing really well. I was almost always in 1st - 3rd overall in each game and I never felt like anyone really outplayed me with a keyboard. With so much going on in TF, it kind of makes it a bit easier with a controller I think.

Same here... I did a lot better using 360 controller.

JB1981

The release of this game gives me feels from last gen when big 360 games came out. MS knows how to hype a game

I love that remote. Is that the headset adapter on the bottom? Does that button let you invite someone by pressing the button? That's pretty rad. Do want.

That is the headset adapter. The buttons let you adjust the game audio and chat audio you hear. The middle button is the mic mute (obviously).

Jarlaxle

I'll be on XB1. My GT is Jarlaxle

I have $30.00 in Amazon credit so I was planning on buying $30.00 worth of points and putting them towards the DD of Titanfall. This still works, right?

3 weeks out, is there still nothing on the 360 version yet? It's like MS doesn't even want it to sell or acknowledge it's existence

Went to Gamestop on Saturday and traded in all of my 360 stuff, an older PS3 and 360 (both of which my son had), a few PS3 games, and a couple of PS4 games. With all of their trade in deals added on, I ended up with $699 credit.

So I preordered the Titanfall Xbox One bundle because I couldn't resist.

gamertag: storybook77

Kamal007

Neo Member
One of my buddies is going to hook me up with an early copy, will I get banned If I play it on xbox live? What about if I upload some youtube videos of my experience?

Hey guys, would love some thoughts on a thorny issue I'm facing.

I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered through Amazon for both the Xbox One and PC, but I'm not sure which of the two to keep. Such a dumb problem, but it's really bugging me, because the decision is hard to make.

I have like fucking $180 in space bucks turned real money on Live that I need to spend before they expire in a year(?), so even though I won't play it nearly as much, I'm wondering if I should keep the PC Collector's Edition, then buy the digital Xbox One version with points? Since I want both versions eventually anyways, that would save me money from buying the Xbone version then the PC version as well later.

But man, as dumb as it is, I still like having cases in a collection on a shelf for console games.

Someone help convince me that buying digitally is ok, and I don't need a disk and a case on my shelf, because even with like 750 Steam games, digital ownership still feels weird on consoles. :(

daman824

I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered through Amazon for both the Xbox One and PC, but I'm not sure which of the two to keep. Such a dumb problem, but it's really bugging me, because the decision is hard to make.

I have like fucking $180 in space bucks turned real money on Live that I need to spend before they expire in a year(?), so even though I won't play it nearly as much, I'm wondering if I should keep the PC Collector's Edition, then buy the digital Xbox One version with points? Since I want both versions eventually anyways, that would save me money from buying the Xbone version then the PC version as well later.

But man, as dumb as it is, I still like having cases in a collection on a shelf for console games.

Someone help convince me that buying digitally is ok, and I don't need a disk and a case on my shelf, because even with like 750 Steam games, digital ownership still feels weird on consoles. :(
Being able to say "Xbox go to titanfall" at any time no matter what you are doing is really nice.

BraXzy

Adding my Gamertag to the mix.. I'm on Xbox One and will be a heck of a lot when TF drops. (Excuse the pun)

AnX IReCoiLz

Message if you add me and lemme know you found me here, like a stray dog, only, on the internet. And I'm not stray.

catmario

If I had a New PC for titanfall... :(

I want to play this game as quickly as possible, but I only have XB360(XBone not released in korea yet), But No good spec pc. Even My PC cannot run COD4.

If I buy PC version, I have to go to PC Cafe.

Oh man, XB360 version's delay make me sad.

If I had a New PC for titanfall... :(

I want to play this game as quickly as possible, but I only have XB360(XBone not released in korea yet), But No good spec pc. Even My PC cannot run COD4.

If I buy PC version, I have to go to PC Cafe.

Oh man, XB360 version's delay make me sad.

Can you buy it and have it imported?

The Cowboy

I really think MS missed a trick here with the Titanpad, this would have been the perfect time to release an Xbox one pad PC driver to drum up extra sales of the Titanpad to PC gamers.

I think its one of the 1st designed pads (as in not just a colour) I really like the look of (mainly because I love Wipeout though :D), and would have happily traded in my Chrome blue 360 pad for it.

Went to Gamestop on Saturday and traded in all of my 360 stuff, an older PS3 and 360 (both of which my son had), a few PS3 games, and a couple of PS4 games. With all of their trade in deals added on, I ended up with $699 credit.

So I preordered the Titanfall Xbox One bundle because I couldn't resist.

gamertag: storybook77

Rollin large homey.

xkramz

Added many of you on XBL

Add me :

GT: V Ketchupp

Easy way to add ppl on xbox. Is to use smartglass on your phone
Then go to friends and find friends and type the GT

catmario

Can you buy it and have it imported?

I once considered this, but I thought it was a little bit risky. I don't know whether Microsoft's Product is world warranty or not. If I cannot get repair service by MSKorea, import thing is dangerous.

Anyway, Thanks for reply. :)

Cant you just buy it on ms store now that its real money?

I won't be joining in on this game, but hold out a salute all those who are about to endlessly die and respawn in glorious mech devastating parkour goodness.

Long live jump jets, and long live mech games.

jond76

Banned
Hey all, just wanted to bring to your attention that lootcrate's March crate is Titanfall themed.

For those that don't know about lootcrate, it's a subscription service ($20/mo) that sends you a gamer/pop culture themed crate each month. My wife got me a sub for Christmas and its been really fun. Two out of the 3 crates I got had Woot shirts included.

Anyway, the website says that they teamed up with Respawn for an exclusive shirt for the March (in addition to whatever else they put in there).

Its a lot of fun and I recommend it if the idea of surprise packages every month sound fun.

lootcrate.com

I had A LOT of 360 games. lol

It was just sitting there gathering dust so I decided to pack all of it up and see what I could get.

Wife was ready to be pissed until I told her that I didn't pay a dime to get it.

Same here. Traded in a dusty PS3 (done with last gen) and a bunch of games. Got a X1, two games, Titanfall controller, and Xbox Live for $200 out of pocket. Wife was not happy until I told her about the trade in then she was like "ok lol".

Why does my Xbox Live account not see my Xbox One? It shows my new friend's but not the games I'm playing (Ryse and Dead Rising 3).

I once considered this, but I thought it was a little bit risky. I don't know whether Microsoft's Product is world warranty or not. If I cannot get repair service by MSKorea, import thing is dangerous.

Anyway, Thanks for reply. :)

I would just check online for the Warranty policy. You should just import it. If you can't do it easily I may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom