• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was kinda indifferent to this game until I played it in the alpha and beta and the more I played, the more I liked it. Would love to play with some other GAFers.

gt: xxx shiv xxx

Here we go TitanFall here we go.

*clap clap*

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but with everyone posting their gamer tags it got me thinking that we should do a GAF tourney if there is a way we can set one up.

Perhaps the winning team could go on to face other gaming forums... Providing they have the balls to participate.

It might even become a regular thing.

I am just really excited for Titanfall.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Not without custom servers sadly.

Can't you just pack a lobby with 12 people if you're in a free for all matchmaking hopper?

EDIT:
Also does this game have any sort of mobile or webapp to track stats and games?

Milennia

Can't you just pack a lobby with 12 people if you're in a free for all matchmaking hopper?

EDIT:
Also does this game have any sort of mobile or webapp to track stats and games?

Only 6 man parties :/ would have to be very lucky to matchmake into eachother.

Milennia

I'm absolutely sure they will come in time. I'm pretty sure they want the competitive scene to pick up Titanfal and all of my very competitive COD clan wants to move on to it also.

They said they will patch it in, as well as other esports/competitive elements if they see the interest for it.

It will happen for sure.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It gives us time to practice our ninja skills.

Stainless

Ok so I just preordered and looks like I'll be playing at 11pm on March 10

Origin ID is Stainless420 I am also playing a lot of Battlefield 4 right now

jond76

Banned
Gonna repost this in case anyone is interested.

Hey all, just wanted to bring to your attention that lootcrate's March crate is Titanfall themed.

For those that don't know about lootcrate, it's a subscription service ($20/mo) that sends you a gamer/pop culture themed crate each month. My wife got me a sub for Christmas and its been really fun. Two out of the 3 crates I got had Woot shirts included.

Anyway, the website says that they teamed up with Respawn for an exclusive shirt for the March (in addition to whatever else they put in there).

Its a lot of fun and I recommend it if the idea of surprise packages every month sound fun.

lootcrate.com

They will if they introduce joystick support.
Or some other outdated form of control.

I don't care what they use to play, I just want to crush them.

Seriously though I would love to see GAF play competitively against other gaming forums and I would very much like to be a part of it. Providing it's something that GAF wants to do.

Dub117

Seriously though I would love to see GAF play competitively against other gaming forums and I would very much like to be a part of it. Providing it's something that GAF wants to do.
I'd play too, if GAF wants to lose! I really would watch the stream, though

sk0rncobra

Neo Member
Was completely unsure if I was going to buy it or not, but the beta made me a believer!

I'd love to play with a good group on Gaf :)
Origin ID: Sk0rncobra

Milennia

Sure i would do a #teamGAF if we stream it and everything.

Need to wait for dem servers.

I'm in. Heck I'd be willing to even set up (and play in) GAF vs GAF tournaments.

Nah not really.
Just need organization.

Like everyone needing to be on the sake platform etc.

Well I only have an X1 and a surface pro so my vote is for console lol

As for organization, I would love to help but I am not the most senior of members so I don't know if I should be heading anything up or not.

EDIT: This awe inspiring gentleman has volunteered,

I'm in. Heck I'd be willing to even set up (and play in) GAF vs GAF tournaments.

If you would be willing to head it up, I will be glad to help out in any way.

Lets do this. Seriously. Do we need mod approval?

I don't think we do.

I could set up a Tourney OT though where we could have signups (when we get custom server support) and also just general party plays on a weekly basis (with certain restrictions like smart pistol only/ no touching the ground for more than 20 second/ etc) or something. Or merge it with the primary OT perhaps? We could vote on new restrictions and whatnot with Google forms or strawpolls.

EDIT: Obviously we couldn't enforce the restrictions. They're just to spice it up.

Milennia

Well I only have an X1 and a surface pro so my vote is for console lol

As for organization, I would love to help but I am not the most senior of members so I don't know if I should be heading anything up or not.

I don't think we do.

I could set up a Tourney OT though where we could have signups (when we get custom server support) and also just general party plays on a weekly basis (with certain restrictions like smart pistol only/ no touching the ground for more than 20 second/ etc) or something. Or merge it with the primary OT perhaps? We could vote on new restrictions and whatnot with Google forms or strawpolls.

Sounds good, I'm also on XB1.

The Flash

Banned
Probably on a forum saying I would never buy an XB1...yeah, that changed....lol

I was in my room watching the E3 stream. Two glorious beams of light shined from Heaven that day. One was Titanfall. The other was Star Wars: Battlefront. Ah...what a great day that was.

Milennia

I was watching the stream and reading gaf.
Most people already knew what it was, but the trailer was exciting nonetheless.
I was however still cautious.

I don't think we do.

EDIT: Obviously we couldn't enforce the restrictions. They're just to spice it up.

Awesome.

I'd also like to get other gaming forums involved so we would need someone to officially reach out to them. If they have the balls.

So if we do a GAF vs GAF tourney the winning team would face whatever team the opposing gaming forum/s puts together.

LEGGZZZZ

I was watching the stream and reading gaf.
Most people already knew what it was, but the trailer was exciting nonetheless.
I was however still cautious.

I remember the initial trailer being interesting, but when they came on stage afterwards and played the short demo, I was BLOWN AWAY.

antitrop

I remember the initial trailer being interesting, but when they came on stage afterwards and played the short demo, I was BLOWN AWAY.

DID THAT GUY JUST DOUBLE JUMP TO THAT ROOF!? DID THAT GUY JUST WALLRUN ALONG BILLBOARDS TO GET A VANTAGE POINT ON A GIANT ROBOT!?

DID THAT GUY JUST CALL DOWN A GIANT ROBOT AND GET INSIDE OF IT!? KSHGKJFDSHGKFJDHGKA

That was about how it went.

xkramz

DID THAT GUY JUST DOUBLE JUMP TO THAT ROOF!? DID THAT GUY JUST WALLRUN ALONG BILLBOARDS TO GET A VANTAGE POINT ON A GIANT ROBOT!?

DID THAT GUY JUST CALL DOWN A GIANT ROBOT AND GET INSIDE OF IT!?

Now that I think about it... the reveal trailer and the gAmeplay at E3 look like campaign lol I'm so slow

antitrop

Now that I think about it... the reveal trailer and the gAmeplay at E3 look like campaign lol I'm so slow

Both the E3 Fracture Gameplay demo and the Gamescom Angel City Gameplay demo were in Campaign Multiplayer.

The Angel City one is especially obvious, because it has them dropping the drunk guy into the sewers at the beginning.

LEGGZZZZ

Both the E3 Fracture Gameplay demo and the Gamescom Angel City Gameplay demo were in Campaign Multiplayer.

The Angel City one is especially obvious, because it has them dropping the drunk guy into the sewers at the beginning.

I'm really curious how they are going to handle the campaign. I mean, in any traditional game, when you die as the main character, you just start over and repeat the section until you beat it and progress the story. How is this even going to work conceptually in multiplayer campaign? I mean unless you just drop in as a random pilot each time you die, going to be strange just respawning as the main character like nothing ever happened in a traditional story sense after every death.

Also, what if you keep getting beat each time you try playing the campaign? I guess you just repeat the same story arc/cutscene until you win the match to progress the story?

So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom