• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordkosc

Was very surprised how well the game ran on my 2011 built PC, feel free to friend me on Origin. I will easily sink a hundred hours into this.

-lordkosc

Milennia

Me too!

GT: Jackbooted

I'm up for pretty much any mode. Can't wait to sink my teeth back in to this game.

:D

I will be playing mostly attrition/pilot hunter, however i will dabble a ton in domination as i start unlocking the kits and weapons i want. (As well as capture the flag for fun... Damn.. I guess ill be playing all the modes then lol.. Forget my initial statement)
My initial goal is to hit 10th prestige and then hop leaderboards :D
Going to try and hit the skill ceiling as fast as possible by learning the map routes and key points.

I wonder which mode will yield the most EXP? I believe it was domination in the beta.

:D

I will be playing mostly attrition/pilot hunter, however i will dabble a ton in domination as i start unlocking the kits and weapons i want. (As well as capture the flag for fun... Damn.. I guess ill be playing all the modes then lol.. Forget my initial statement)
My initial goal is to hit 10th prestige and then hop leaderboards :D
Going to try and hit the skill ceiling as fast as possible by learning the map routes and key points.

I wonder which mode will yield the most EXP? I believe it was domination in the beta.

Well, if you are a pro bot farmer you could probably bang out Attrition matches in a hurry and get some good xp that way.

BraXzy

Cross-posting from the Xbox update thread that seems kinda dead. I just thought of an idea they could implement that I think would be a great addition to the Xbox OS is Friend nicknaming/tagging.

After adding a few people from GAF I realised that whilst I know where they added me from, I might forget at some point. I know that it sounds stupid to have people on your list you might not keep in contact often enough to remember, or at least not immediately but it happens. And there are always those few friends on your list from a year or so back that pop up or you invite them and forget how you know them. This is the internet after all, you make new friends, sometimes you drift apart, such is the world. It'd be great if you could remind yourself who is who (especially when Gamertag's are often so obscure) with a custom tag. Similar to how Steam lets you nickname people completely, only maybe not so extreme.

So you could tag anyone from GAF with 'NeoGAF' or someone from Reddit or wherever, and it'd show up next to their GT. Or if you got chatting with someone whilst shootin' it up on Titanfall and added them, you could tag them as Titanfall, and in a year you'll remember that you became buddies through TF. Of course your real life and close friends you don't necessarily need to tag because you aren't likely to forget them but even so you could use it and tag them with their nicknames if you so choose.

Just my suggestion. I don't know if there is an actual place to submit ideas to Microsoft but please enlighten me if you know.

xkramz

Cross-posting from the Xbox update thread that seems kinda dead. I just thought of an idea they could implement that I think would be a great addition to the Xbox OS is Friend nicknaming/tagging.

After adding a few people from GAF I realised that whilst I know where they added me from, I might forget at some point. I know that it sounds stupid to have people on your list you might not keep in contact often enough to remember, or at least not immediately but it happens. And there are always those few friends on your list from a year or so back that pop up or you invite them and forget how you know them. This is the internet after all, you make new friends, sometimes you drift apart, such is the world. It'd be great if you could remind yourself who is who (especially when Gamertag's are often so obscure) with a custom tag. Similar to how Steam lets you nickname people completely, only maybe not so extreme.

So you could tag anyone from GAF with 'NeoGAF' or someone from Reddit or wherever, and it'd show up next to their GT. Or if you got chatting with someone whilst shootin' it up on Titanfall and added them, you could tag them as Titanfall, and in a year you'll remember that you became buddies through TF. Of course your real life and close friends you don't necessarily need to tag because you aren't likely to forget them but even so you could use it and tag them with their nicknames if you so choose.

Just my suggestion. I don't know if there is an actual place to submit ideas to Microsoft but please enlighten me if you know.
Maybe major Nelson through Twitter? Not sure. But it sound like a good idea.

It's a great idea. With the amount of friends you have can, I thought for sure we'd be able to label friends, or at the very least, sort them into different groups. I have to believe that something along those lines is coming eventually.

Am_I_Evil

i was thinking earlier maybe something like groups...could have a GAF group, friends group, groups for people you meet in specific games, etc...

Navy Bean

Anyone know if Respawn or EA is releasing an App for this game? Not a big deal but fun to mess around with at work, etc.

Cant you just buy it on ms store now that its real money?
Hmm, do you mean this Microsoft Store? AFAIK, the credit doesn't work there, it's still tied to the Live ecosystem. I could get it through the Xbox Live digital store on the console, though, which is what I'm contemplating doing (and keeping the PC Special Edition, since I want it on both platforms and all the cool dumb shit that edition comes with.)

Mrbob

Is the spreadsheet in the opening post? Might be useful for people who want to game together on PC and XB1.

It's a great idea. With the amount of friends you have can, I thought for sure we'd be able to label friends, or at the very least, sort them into different groups. I have to believe that something along those lines is coming eventually.
I've always been amazed at how little MS/Sony have done to just rip off every trick from social media.

jet1911

I wonder how many people will play campaign multiplayer versus competitive multiplayer?

I'll play through the campaign because I'm interested to see how they build it but also because it's the only way to unlock the other two Titan chasis.

Ran Ran

I really hope this game feels the void I've had ever since Halo 3. I miss the days of playing with my friends all day and it consistently be fun.

RetroMG

Did anyone else have issues with motion sickness during the beta, and if so, did adjusting the fov help? I meant to try it, but didn't have time. And I don't want to buy a game that makes me ill, even if it was crazy fun.

Milennia

Did anyone else have issues with motion sickness during the beta, and if so, did adjusting the fov help? I meant to try it, but didn't have time. And I don't want to buy a game that makes me ill, even if it was crazy fun.

Nothing like that, but i hate the animation of throwing grenades so damn much,

Traded in a bunch of old gaming gear+two old iPods, and got a $400 Credit towards the bundle+ I redeemed my rewards points for a $50 GS gift card. Paying $80 after tax for the bundle!!!

Question: Can anybody confirm If TitanFall makes use of the sweet Impulse Triggers?!?! really liked them in Forza

Just pre-ordered from the Microsoft store. $10 gift card (or Xbox card?) and free shipping to Canada. Pretty good deal. Can't wait to play this, beta was awesome.

Hey guys, would love some thoughts on a thorny issue I'm facing.

I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered through Amazon for both the Xbox One and PC, but I'm not sure which of the two to keep. Such a dumb problem, but it's really bugging me, because the decision is hard to make.

I have like fucking $180 in space bucks turned real money on Live that I need to spend before they expire in a year(?), so even though I won't play it nearly as much, I'm wondering if I should keep the PC Collector's Edition, then buy the digital Xbox One version with points? Since I want both versions eventually anyways, that would save me money from buying the Xbone version then the PC version as well later.

But man, as dumb as it is, I still like having cases in a collection on a shelf for console games.

Someone help convince me that buying digitally is ok, and I don't need a disk and a case on my shelf, because even with like 750 Steam games, digital ownership still feels weird on consoles. :(

Go digital on Xbox. The ability to instantly jump to the game is worth it ("Xbox, go to Titanfall!", and wherever you log into your account you can just download and play without having to worry about carrying the disc, or potentially breaking it. Plus, if you already have the points and have to spend them, Titanfall is a great use of the points.

Ducayne

Is there any news of the Xbox One controller working on PC? I'm obsessing over that dope Titanfall controller... Almost enough that it's crossed my mind to buy a One console just to make use of it.

IllumiNate

Is there any news of the Xbox One controller working on PC? I'm obsessing over that dope Titanfall controller... Almost enough that it's crossed my mind to buy a One console just to make use of it.

I was hoping so too, but the PS4 controller works great with Titanfall.

E92 M3

It's good we're all adding each other. By the time the game comes out - we can have a ton of GAF parties going at it.

And as mentioned earlier in thread, it'd be nice we could segregate and manager our lists with more detail.

Finally, count me in guys for going through the campaign first. That's the tradition.

Sucks this thread has so many "spoilers" otherwise I wouldn't be as hesitant to read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom