• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimer

So I picked up a Xbox one today to play titanfall,dead rising,killer instinct have everything hooked up but when I go to power the system I get a power on noise then it powers back off anyone what I'm doing wrong?

sorry I have no idea where I'm suppose to ask for help

Same thing happened with mine.

Turned out it was the packed in HDMI cable. Every other cable I have solves this issue. Weird stuff, but glad I didn't have to mess with returning the whole box.

Ferny

So I picked up a Xbox one today to play titanfall,dead rising,killer instinct have everything hooked up but when I go to power the system I get a power on noise then it powers back off anyone what I'm doing wrong?

sorry I have no idea where I'm suppose to ask for help

Any reason why you got it now, rather than just waiting for the bundle?

I use the Private Internet Access for VPN purposes. I thought I'd see if I set my VPN server to Hong Kong, if I could pre-load the game since it's the 7th there already. No go.

TaKeRx

So is it up for preorder at the xbox marketplace? What happened to us being able to preload the game on XB1? Is that still happening?

Couldn't play any games because there wasn't enough people on but got to chat with some guys from Respawn for a while we waited for more people to hopefully get on.

New insider be praised!

Would expect this game to be the first one they do it with. All online restricts digital unlocks early, and Vince probably spoke too soon when MS wanted to pull together marketing for it.

Bsigg12

Can you confirm the number of maps? Or did someone already ask you that lol?

No lol I asked, they said they hadn't officially announced it yet. Technically, the game isn't out yet, I just got lucky.

New insider be praised!

Would expect this game to be the first one they do it with. All online restricts digital unlocks early, and Vince probably spoke too soon when MS wanted to pull together marketing for it.

Whoa now, I'm no insider, I just got lucky enough to talk to some people.

bsigg...when you were doing the training and got to the part where you're the pilot and had to kill the AI and the Titan how did that look compared to the beta? I know you said that inside the Titan looked better already.

Bsigg12

bsigg...when you were doing the training and got to the part where you're the pilot and had to kill the AI and the Titan how did that look compared to the beta? I know you said that inside the Titan looked better already.

There wasn't drops or anything and it looks better than the beta but, my impression is severely limited because of not being able to find a proper match. I'll try tomorrow and Saturday I know I'll get games in so I'll comment on it then.

The Flash

Banned
I would hold onto that statement, Tomorrow or Monday could hold some interesting news.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-gif.gif

No lol I asked, they said they hadn't officially announced it yet. Technically, the game isn't out yet, I just got lucky.

Whoa now, I'm no insider, I just got lucky enough to talk to some people.

That was tongue in cheek. Take advantage of it while you can. This is your best chance to get in a video review or play with Respawn guys.

Feels like the days when I got XBL early. Lots of MS employees in those days.

There wasn't drops or anything and it looks better than the beta but, my impression is severely limited because of not being able to find a proper match. I'll try tomorrow and Saturday I know I'll get games in so I'll comment on it then.

Thanks for the response. I know you couldn't get a real match in so that's why I asked about that part of the training compared to the beta.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Looky what just showed up at the office...

Yes, those are Collectors Editions....

And yes, I've spent many a late nights snuggling up with Partysaurus Rex there on the couch...

Are you going to be at the Austin launch party? Do you know if they're selling collector's editions there? :eek:

I predict 9/10 maybe 8.9 average reviews. I wouldn't be shocked if it gets closer to 8/10 reviews because of the lack of single player story mode. With my experience from the Beta, they could give it a 7 or less and I wouldn't give a shit because it's about the fun I have with this game. I don't need the validation.

Milennia

So there is no point of buying disc boxed versions.

Well, you have a physical game.
This is for collecting purposes, resale value etc.
Theres no technical reason to ever buy a physical title if you choose to install on any platform, its just mandatory on the new gen consoles.

I always install my games for better load times.

So there is no point of buying disc boxed versions.

I'm buying the PC version, which is just a code to redeem on Origin for the digital version. Plus, I currently have it pre-ordered on Origin, so tomorrow morning I'm going to start pre-loading, then I'll cancel the pre-order and wait until I get the CE on launch day. Won't even have to bother downloading!

I am getting the Xbox One version digitally on launch day as well. That way I'll have digital copies for both platforms. :D

*Edit* And yeah, I caved and bought the CE. That Titan is going on my work desk for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom