• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit just blows my mind. Every shot in the first volley hits this dude square in the face. Did they nerf the fucking smart pistol and I missed it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alnLzH8hDVs&feature=youtu.be

Perhaps he was benefiting from the invincibility bug that can sometimes occur?

I had my best die-behind-a-wall death ever tonight. I was so far backed into a corner I have no idea how the bullets hit me. It was a close to a second in time between me getting behind the wall and dying.

TrueGrime

Perhaps he was benefiting from the invincibility bug that can sometimes occur?

I had my best die-behind-a-wall death ever tonight. I was so far backed into a corner I have no idea how the bullets hit me. It was a close to a second in time between me getting behind the wall and dying.

Net code and hit detention goes to shit when you're getting shot at and trying to go behind the wall. In all honesty, MW2 was the best with bullets not hitting you when you ducked behind cover.

I'm kind of the opposite of you with this.. I roll stim on all my classes.. just too good in pilot engagements.

It's trade off, but if there's a smart pistol guy giving you grief.. just have a backup stim class and enjoy. If they're always getting you at odd angles it won't work but.. in a fight where they engage you head on it's awesome. Most people just don't expect it and commit to charging with the pistol.

Yeah, I roll with stim on all my classes too. I do enjoy dropping a Ghost Squad card along with my stim when I get the chance.

zou

It's fucking bullshit that titan assists don't count towards the challenges. It punishes playing properly and helping the team and it encourages hanging back just to steal the kill. It's also bullshit that I can take down a titan all the way down to a tiny, tiny bar and have some pilot steal my kill. No wonder it takes forever to get that damn challenge, I've been actually playing the game. Which got me a whopping 2 kills out of the 7 titans I took down last game. Pathetic.

I guess you gotta be a cheap cunt and snipe kills.

Roflobear

This shit just blows my mind. Every shot in the first volley hits this dude square in the face. Did they nerf the fucking smart pistol and I missed it?

Damn that's ridiculous. If that wasn't a bug then they nerfed that waaaaay too far. That seems even weaker than the autopistol then. And to answer your question, yea they nerfed it when you're not using the targeting system I think

Mafro

They really need to add a map select. I always seem to be playing the same 3 or 4 maps and I've lost count of the amount of times I've played Boneyard over the past few days.

Holy shit, nevermind, I got 20 goosers without much of a hassle but now this shit is just too obnoxious to even try. Way too many variables in trying to get these. I can't just blame Bluepoint for being slow as hell to get the update out but also Respawn for thinking the standard 50 kills for this challenge was good for something as random as it is in the first place. Ridiculous.

At this current rate I'll probably take into early next week to finish this challenge, probably racking up enough XP in the mean time to hit Gen 6 and maybe even 7 had they gotten it right the first time around. Sigh.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member

So the smart pistol is a four-shot kill firing from the hip. It's hard to tell because the vid quality isn't good, but I think I only count 3 hits in that opening volley.

In the future you're probably going to want to aim down sights in that situation, or else hold out for the lock. But hipfire spray is probably a bad call, unlike all the other weapons you don't get the hipfire spread sights to give you that indication, since it has the smart-lock overlay thing in its place. But the spread isn't tight like the other pistols, SMGs, etc. It's more in the range of the sniper rifles.

Then you kinda fucked around a bunch, and didn't score another hit for over 6 seconds after the first volley, so the opposing player was fully healed. Then your final hitmarker wasn't even a hit on him. It was an auto-lock kill of a grunt in the background.

Before the Smart Pistol nerf you would have gotten a 3-hit kill, since the damage for non lock-on mode was equal to lock-on. Also, the spread firing from the hip was lower, so you likely would have landed at a higher percentage.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It's fucking bullshit that titan assists don't count towards the challenges. It punishes playing properly and helping the team and it encourages hanging back just to steal the kill. It's also bullshit that I can take down a titan all the way down to a tiny, tiny bar and have some pilot steal my kill. No wonder it takes forever to get that damn challenge, I've been actually playing the game. Which got me a whopping 2 kills out of the 7 titans I took down last game. Pathetic.

You did not mention the weapon you're using but I assume you're referring to the Plasma Railgun? LOL

Phaaze

Neo Member

I honestly don't see the problem in this. There were wayyyy too many LTS games I've lost because the people holding the plasma railgun were NOT helping. In the end, I rather win and if that means my teammate can help me take down an ogre by taking that last shot, they should.

This game is starting to get boring already. The bots really ruin the experience for me. Nothing but a distraction. I'm also not fond of the map design. It's so convoluted with verticality for the sake of verticality. And the pilots have way too much health considering how much mobility they have. No point in shooting someone when they can just cloak themselves and start bouncing off walls and shit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
This game is starting to get boring already. The bots really ruin the experience for me. Nothing but a distraction. I'm also not fond of the map design. It's so convoluted with verticality for the sake of verticality. And the pilots have way too much health considering how much mobility they have. No point in shooting someone when they can just cloak themselves and start bouncing off walls and shit.
There's a point if you can hit moving targets.

TrueGrime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULj93Q86m8g

Well This game keeps surprising me. All I wanted to was to kill Titans and Squish pilots.... Hum Still can someone explain why the freaking guy on the second Termation kill escaped?

Oh well anyone have anything like this... I know I am not the only one doing shit like this.

Because he jumped the fuck out really quick, lol. You melee'd an auto-titan.

at.jpg

Roflobear

This has to be one of the most satisfying feelings in the game. Just watching a Titan walk right to where you set your Titan to drop. Especially right as the game ends so they can't do shit about it lol

66d98b027f714bb913589c83f2b3ff83.gif

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
This has to be one of the most satisfying feelings in the game. Just watching a Titan walk right to where you set your Titan to drop. Especially right as the game ends so they can't do shit about it lol

66d98b027f714bb913589c83f2b3ff83.gif

Man that's gotta suck for that guy, win the match and then get a Titan dropped on your head just as you're on a victory high lol.

Zakalwe

Banned
As an avid titan slayer, I roll exclusively with cloak. Plus that is useless without an indicator I'm being targeted.

Smart pistols are only good if the pilot gets the drop on you, and follows you for a few seconds getting the lock. If you notice him at any time before he pulls the trigger, chances are you can burst him down before he has a chance.

They're my least worry of all the weapons in the game.

Pilots are easy to distinguish. Farming bits adds a new layer to the game, and skillful farming on top of well fought pilot battles will win you games.

The verticality is so far from forced. It's amazingly well implemented, and the added dimension creates some incredibly tactical and frantic battles.

Time to kill is also perfect. Having a 1v1 scrim in the middle of a battle can be extremely exhilarating. Hit and run tactics are also extremely viable due to the higher TTK and perks such as cloak and stim.

I get not everyone will like it, but the things you don't like are a huge part if what makes the game so good, IMO.

zou

You did not mention the weapon you're using but I assume you're referring to the Plasma Railgun? LOL

yeah. doesn't help that I'm shit with controllers which is only made worse when using weapons that only fire once per trigger press.

I honestly don't see the problem in this. There were wayyyy too many LTS games I've lost because the people holding the plasma railgun were NOT helping. In the end, I rather win and if that means my teammate can help me take down an ogre by taking that last shot, they should.

Right, so you're agreeing with me? I've been playing to win and to help my team. And the way challenges currently work, I'm actually being disadvantaged. I'm saying I shouldn't have to hold back, but if I do I'll hardly ever get the kill for the challenge. So I'm being forced to hold back and not help my team - Which is exactly what you are complaining about.

Keep in mind, I only came to that realization after dinging level 50 and starting to pay attention to my progress. And yeah, I'm still fucking furious. Great game, a win, top of the scoreboard and then I see a paltry 2 titan kills towards the challenge, because some twat takes my kill after hanging back or fucking around with scrubs.

:eek:

Jito

Banned
Three games in a row playing 3 vs 4 when people finally started joining in. Not many people on a Saturday evening or terrible matchmaking at its best?

http://static.dyp.im/4PLuir99id/66d98b027f714bb913589c83f2b3ff83.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]
I just did this too. Whenever I pull it off, I just cackle like a madman. Such a great feeling.

[quote="Applesauce, post: 109580557"]Man that's gotta suck for that guy, win the match and then get a Titan dropped on your head just as you're on a victory high lol.[/QUOTE]
I just had like four games where I scored highest on the winning team, but ended up dying in the epilogue. :lol

[quote="rakkadakka, post: 109597438"]Anyone having loading issues today?

US East here and it's taking me so long to get back to the lobby that the next match is ready to go.[/QUOTE]

Matches are taking extremely long to load here. Europe.

Roflobear

I only just realized how great the Super Charger burn card is in Last Titan Standing. As long as you don't die, you can keep using it each round and have a pre-charged core ability from the get go. I just used this on the Atlas Titan and was able to take out an enemy Titan straight away every round

Welfare

Just picked up an Xbone and this...would love to run with some fellow gaffers for a few rounds... gt is Erban1

I won't be on today or tomorrow, but Monday I will. Gt: Welfare Queen I

Would any one want Respawn to add more Generations with each Map Pack release? It would give the game some extra life after each pack, and players won't be stopped from progressing to quickly.

char0n

So I got in a few rounds last night after a patch, and it seems like maybe the matchmaking is much improved? Each time I was grouped with different people (due to leaving game types and coming back in), but the teams were much better balanced (all the games I was in there were at most 4 total genned folks and they were equally distributed rather than piled on one side) and my pilot K/D returned to hovering right around, maybe a bit above (give and take per round). I suppose it could be luck of the draw, but I'm cautiously optimistic and am now back to being pissed off because I don't have a lot of spare time to play this in (only like 4-6 rounds per week it seems).

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

What modes do you play? All the maps seem to be designed mostly for Hardpoint and different pathways as a pilot to get to the the capture points. Also disagree on the health, wouldnt want this to devolve into CoD type gameplay.

TrueGrime

Yo. How is it that Gen4 is easier than Gen3? The DMR is a beast with the ACOG, the auto-pistol is a just a beast as it can kill a pilot before the clip is finished, the quad rocket is just.. a beast and the charge rifle challenge is quite easy to do in Last Titan Standing.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Yo. How is it that Gen4 is easier than Gen3? The DMR is a beast with the ACOG, the auto-pistol is a just a bit as it can kill a pilot before the clip is finished, the quad rocket is just.. a beast and the charge rifle challenge is quite easy to do in Last Titan Standing.

The biggest gripe is the critically conditioned challenge, but I didn't have much trouble with this generation. This one was a lot of fun, once I got that 4x scope for the DMR. The charge rifle became my favorite anti-titan weapon thanks to that challenge.

TrueGrime

The biggest gripe is the critically conditioned challenge, but I didn't have much trouble with this generation. This one was a lot of fun, once I got that 4x scope for the DMR. The charge rifle became my favorite anti-titan weapon thanks to that challenge.

What gen are you at, Sauce?

Roflobear

Woohoo! Just got another one. These are way too much fun lol

iwBppyEWEMTN1.gif

If anyone's got more, feel free to post them. Also apparently Last Titan Standing on Overlook was what I needed to get that achievement for playing every mode on every map. Don't really care about achievements but it was interesting to see that that was the only mode on the only map I hadn't yet done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom