• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
If anyone's got more, feel free to post them. Also apparently Last Titan Standing on Overlook was what I needed to get that achievement for playing every mode on every map. Don't really care about achievements but it was interesting to see that that was the only mode on the only map I hadn't yet done

ibutn1sdWiW9Fc.gif

Some guy dropped a Titan on me when I was terminating another Titan Pilot. Had to laugh out loud at that one, and congratulated him. :lol

Also, not being able to play the game during the weekdays has given me a new appreciation of it. It's a lot more fun now.

Also, my average K/D ratio vs players in the last 10 games is 7.1. I did well today.

IcyEyes

My ping has increased from 30/40 to 90/110 ... I waited a couple of weeks (or more!) and I never played another game with ping 30/40.
I'm on Pc and east coast.

Basically I played the last 2 gen (from 2 to 4) with a ping 3 times higher :(
Any help/thought?

Sweet Ivy

My ping has increased from 30/40 to 90/110 ... I waited a couple of weeks (or more!) and I never played another game with ping 30/40.
I'm on Pc and east coast.

Basically I played the last 2 gen (from 2 to 4) with a ping 3 times higher :(
Any help/thought?
Same here,
I'm not sure whether it started after one of the major updates (I seem to remember it did), but it's a real shame.
Some games are just unplayable at times and to me, it seems that pins have gone uphill on average, I used to see much lowers pings for both me and the other players.

By the way, after the first regen I thought it wouldn't last that much longer, but I have to say it's growing on me again. Perhaps because I'm better at moving around and therefore is more fun!

Just got to Gen 4. Really enjoying the Gen challenges so far. It's not something I thought I'd get into. Do we know when they are going to adjust the "gooser" challenge?

MrDaravon

New player (360), I think I need some advice on what the fuck to do in this game. Me and two other friends just got the game and we are getting fucking destroyed. As in, I've won literally two matches in about 5-6 hours of play. The first several were the learning curve which is fine, but now in most matches I'm at least breaking even K/D pilot-wise (if that even really matters), but no matter which mode we play the other team just fucking crushes us.

I'm mostly keeping my Titan on auto-pilot following me; I get in it when it seems appropriate, but for the most part I seem to fare better with it as a distraction. I also love using the Sidewinder and Arc Grenades to take out other Titans; I usually take out a bunch every match. Only level 18 now, so I'm using the Carbine w/extended Mag, whatever the default secondary pistol is (never use it), Sidewinder, Arc Grenades, Stim Pack and Enhanced (?) Parkour Kit.

Clearly this isn't working though, as even when all 3 of us are going positive we are losing by literally more than 2 to 1 most matches. Right now I'm literally 2-16; keep in mind the same group of us have like 90%+ win ratios in most other game we play, and we're going mostly positive individually here so I don't think it's a skill thing necessarily, I think I'm just fundamentally misunderstanding how to play. I'm not ignoring grunts but should I be more actively going after them instead of human players? Should I be actively in my Titan more? Should I be using a different weapon setup?

Also completely aside from all that, this game has possibly the most mismatched Matchmaking I have ever seen in any 360 game. In literally every single match except for one out of the 18 games I have played, the entire other team was composed mostly or entirely of people multiple Generations in, while never more than one person on our team was on any Generation. It's fucking crazy and certainly isn't helping me trying to get the swing of things, but what the fuck. At first I thought it was maybe just a Campaign thing since probably not as many people playing it, or the fact that last night there was 3 of us in a group so it was putting us against other groups. But even in regular playlist playing solo it's still happening. The playerbase on 360 can't be THAT small, can it?

The game's a blast, just wish I could figure out how to win. Also, what the fuck is up with people cloaking and jump kicking people, I guess that's a thing? Are jump kicks one-hit kills on pilots I'm guessing?

TrueGrime

Just got to Gen 4. Really enjoying the Gen challenges so far. It's not something I thought I'd get into. Do we know when they are going to adjust the "gooser" challenge?

I think it's been nerfed for the X1 and PC, but not for the 360 yet. And I don't think there's been any word. Not even sure who would be responsible. Respawn or Bluprint.

TrueGrime

New player (360), I think I need some advice on what the fuck to do in this game. Me and two other friends just got the game and we are getting fucking destroyed. As in, I've won literally two matches in about 5-6 hours of play. The first several were the learning curve which is fine, but now in most matches I'm at least breaking even K/D pilot-wise (if that even really matters), but no matter which mode we play the other team just fucking crushes us.

I'm mostly keeping my Titan on auto-pilot following me; I get in it when it seems appropriate, but for the most part I seem to fare better with it as a distraction. I also love using the Sidewinder and Arc Grenades to take out other Titans; I usually take out a bunch every match. Only level 18 now, so I'm using the Carbine w/extended Mag, whatever the default secondary pistol is (never use it), Sidewinder, Arc Grenades, Stim Pack and Enhanced (?) Parkour Kit.

Clearly this isn't working though, as even when all 3 of us are going positive we are losing by literally more than 2 to 1 most matches. Right now I'm literally 2-16; keep in mind the same group of us have like 90%+ win ratios in most other game we play, and we're going mostly positive individually here so I don't think it's a skill thing necessarily, I think I'm just fundamentally misunderstanding how to play. I'm not ignoring grunts but should I be more actively going after them instead of human players? Should I be actively in my Titan more? Should I be using a different weapon setup?

Also completely aside from all that, this game has possibly the most mismatched Matchmaking I have ever seen in any 360 game. In literally every single match except for one out of the 18 games I have played, the entire other team was composed mostly or entirely of people multiple Generations in, while never more than one person on our team was on any Generation. It's fucking crazy and certainly isn't helping me trying to get the swing of things, but what the fuck. At first I thought it was maybe just a Campaign thing since probably not as many people playing it, or the fact that last night there was 3 of us in a group so it was putting us against other groups. But even in regular playlist playing solo it's still happening. The playerbase on 360 can't be THAT small, can it?

The game's a blast, just wish I could figure out how to win. Also, what the fuck is up with people cloaking and jump kicking people, I guess that's a thing? Are jump kicks one-hit kills on pilots I'm guessing?

The party system breaks matchmaking. Multiple gens in one game usually means that they're all in one party. Try to stay in campaign mode if you can. That's where the newest people start off in. You will find higher gen peeps in there too. It's easier for them to play against the lower level guys to get their challenges done. The game has been out for quite awhile and people already know the maps, weapons, and strategy like the back of their hand so it's very difficult for new guys to come in and stake a claim. Level up, get your weapons and attachments, and learn both the vertical and horizontal gameplay.

I don't get the complaints about Gooser. I'd average 3 or 4 a game using the chaingun and spitfire w/ slammer... not necessarily even really trying for them. It was a pretty easy challenge imo.

The 100 wins in gen 8 is way worse. I've been on this gen for like a month. Only time I can make any progress is when I get a full party of friends on. Outside of that it isn't even worth trying by myself.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

The mechanics unique to this game take some getting use to. I was shit when I first started but now I'm a lot better. The matchmaking you are experiencing is because there's no mercenary type mode where you don't get matched against another party, which is puzzling why this is not available yet. That's a good way to make new player go play something else, that's for sure.

Just keep at it, if you think it is fun whilst getting your ass handed to you, you will love it when you get good.

Roflobear

In addition to what other people are telling you, I would maybe swap out Enhanced Parkour Kit with something like Explosive Pack or Power Cell. I think those have a better impact on dealing to damage to other players than Enhanced Parkour Kit, but I guess that also depends on your playstyle. Also the silencer attachment for the carbine prevents you from showing up on other people's radar when you shoot and so they'll have less of a chance to get the drop on you. Just something to consider if you didn't know.

And yea jump kicks are one-hit kills

Trying to get critical hits with the Charge Rifle is such BS. Most of the time they don't register.

It's been said before.. but if you're rodeoing the titan with the charge rifle you can get crits when their shield is down.. only after the shield is down though.

Gonna try and get the "unlocked everything" achievement while I farm wins for the Gen 8 requirement. I felt bad because it seemed like slaughtering the AI wouldn't help the team win so I play a lot of Attrition now.

Got the shortly, carbine, LMG, and maybe an SMG done already and one more needed for the Smart Pistol. I bet the snipers will be a bitch. And the rail gun.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Trying to get critical hits with the Charge Rifle is such BS. Most of the time they don't register.

Tip : use the explosives pack for tier 1 and arc grenades for your ordinance. 2 arc grenades will take the shields down. If you can get into campaign matches on Colony or Angel City, that would be ideal because of the rooftops. The Charge Rifle is a beast.

I've tweeted Bluepoint, Respawn, EA, the titanfallgame account, etc about the Gooser challenge on the 360.

No reply. Shocking.

It's not gonna happen any time soon. I decided to just try rather than choose not to play. I'm at 31 after the better part of a week. It's definitely annoying but it is doable. I just barely realized you can get them out of a Titan which flew over my head for some reason so I'm definitely gonna run the spitfire or carbine tonight.

hoyalawya

Finally got to gen 8 last night. The fresh squeeze challenge took the longest for me. Had to resort to playing Last Titan Standing exclusively to complete the challenge.

Funny thing happened the night before. I called in my titan, ran to the spot that my titan was going to land on, another pilot just happened to be running by, saw me, and started the process of jump-kicking me. My titan landed just spilt-second before his foot touched me and killed him. My Kinect was down due the a bug in the beta update program. That would have been my #1 kill of all time.

It's not gonna happen any time soon. I decided to just try rather than choose not to play. I'm at 31 after the better part of a week. It's definitely annoying but it is doable. I just barely realized you can get them out of a Titan which flew over my head for some reason so I'm definitely gonna run the spitfire or carbine tonight.

I wouldn't have paid 60 dollars for this game had I known the 360 version owners would get absolutely no communication from any of the companies and would get the shit end of the stick when it comes to getting partial patches.

Sad thing is that I love the game and would love to buy the DLC, but I'd like to see that addressed, at the very least.

The absolute radio silence and refusal to say anything to owners of the game on the 360 by all three companies is comically bad.

hoyalawya

In attrition mode, I get most of points when I am in a titan. Grunts, specters, and pilots are much easier to kill with titans, not to mention killing another titans. I also just run around shooting and running over NPCs when I am in a titan as those kills counts towards winning an attrition match. In domination, I usually equip my titan with triple threat, cluster missile, and smoke. I use them to clear out the hard point as best as I can before exiting the titan to take the point. Not to mention there is at least one hard point in every map that is best held with a titan.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I wouldn't have paid 60 dollars for this game had I known the 360 version owners would get absolutely no communication from any of the companies and would get the shit end of the stick when it comes to getting partial patches.

Sad thing is that I love the game and would love to buy the DLC, but I'd like to see that addressed, at the very least.

The absolute radio silence and refusal to say anything to owners of the game on the 360 by all three companies is comically bad.

From a few days ago: https://mobile.twitter.com/Respawn/status/459901053433962496

Not to pass the buck, but its squarely in Bluepoint + EA's hands when it comes to patches on the 360 version since they're the developer. Unfortunately they are downstream of us, so any changes/additions will likely trail by some time while they work on porting them.

From a few days ago: https://mobile.twitter.com/Respawn/status/459901053433962496

Not to pass the buck, but its squarely in Bluepoint + EA's hands when it comes to patches on the 360 version since they're the developer. Unfortunately they are downstream of us, so any changes/additions will likely trail by some time while they work on porting them.

The frustrating part is that they DID release the patch that included the fix but didn't bother to fix that. I don't understand why they're having such a hard time in (what I'd assume) would be an easy fix.

Hell, couldnt the number be changed server-side, or no?

Edit: thanks for addressing it though. I'd really get on their asses if I were you guys though. You made a fantastic game and it seems to be souring a fair amount of people on the game. I'd love to get back to playing it and get the DLC/season pass soon, but they're being incredibly slow.

Delt31

For those playing it on pc on a tv, are you using TV color mode? If so does it appear washed out? The blacks aren't as dark as they should while monitor mode is black crush. am I the only one?

The 100 wins in gen 8 is way worse. I've been on this gen for like a month. Only time I can make any progress is when I get a full party of friends on. Outside of that it isn't even worth trying by myself.

Attrition, smart pistol.

Leave a lobby when you're carrying dead weight.

Go.

Is it a thing now to just let your Titan poop you out when your doomed? I swear about a third of the players (especially Gen 4+) I came across today kept doing the same shit, I literally have gotten one gooser tonight. It's like they refuse to eject out of spite so you don't have the chance to kill them. So damn frustrating.

Also why the eff does enemy pilots that rodeo and doom friendly titans and then eject with a friendly not count towards the challenge? Sigh.

Is it a thing now to just let your Titan poop you out when your doomed? I swear about a third of the players (especially Gen 4+) I came across today kept doing the same shit, I literally have gotten one gooser tonight. It's like they refuse to eject out of spite so you don't have the chance to kill them. So damn frustrating.

Also why the eff does enemy pilots that rodeo and doom friendly titans and then eject with a friendly not count towards the challenge? Sigh.

My current tactic is to just drop arc grenades when I'm ejecting. I'll be flying through the air, pop the shields on the Titan that killed me (or just severely disorient him), and pump him full of lead before he knows what's going on.

Izuna

Banned

Because that isn't killing an "ejecting pilot".

--

Went back on Titanfall for the first time after 17 days and the framerate made me feel uneasy. I guess I had gotten used to it before.There seem to be a lot of new players.

Those things are the BEST against pilots!

I've had some crazy mayhem scores from using cluster missiles. I think the best I had was two pilots and a tonne of grunts/spectres at the same time (on the same map too).

I have taken a forced break from the game as I have been wearing myself down a bit on it. And the other night was just one of those nights where I was always in a losing team even though I was top scoring out of both and doing my damnedest to win. It is so frustrating and I hope it wasn't players going for [INSERT MULTIPLE CUSS WORDS HERE] challenges.

TrueGrime

I've had some crazy mayhem scores from using cluster missiles. I think the best I had was two pilots and a tonne of grunts/spectres at the same time (on the same map too).

I have taken a forced break from the game as I have been wearing myself down a bit on it. And the other night was just one of those nights where I was always in a losing team even though I was top scoring out of both and doing my damnedest to win. It is so frustrating and I hope it wasn't players going for [INSERT MULTIPLE CUSS WORDS HERE] challenges.

One day the matchmaking will be truly fixed.

#Believe

I've been finding better/closer matches via the campaign option. For some reason it gives some really good matchups and 6/10 times it will put you in a GODDAMN LOBBY FIRST so you can see the matchups beforehand and not losing by 200 points when you automatically get thrown into a game.

Bydobob

Been finding the game increasingly frustrating of late. Match-making seems to have taken a backwards step yet it's taking longer to get into games. What gives? I'm finding myself quite often the lone genned player against a team of stacked opponents. It's horrible trying to turn a game around when you're up against 5 Titans and your teammates are all cowering in a corner. I even had to quit one lobby 3 times as it kept putting me back in against the same team. Was like a game of peekaboo. Surely the player population on PC can't be that sparse?

Edit: game is always updated

Been finding the game increasingly frustrating of late. Match-making seems to have taken a backwards step yet it's taking longer to get into games. What gives? I'm finding myself quite often the lone genned player against a team of stacked opponents. It's horrible trying to turn a game around when you're up against 5 Titans and your teammates are all cowering in a corner. I even had to quit one lobby 3 times as it kept putting me back in against the same team. Was like a game of peekaboo. Surely the player population on PC can't be that sparse?

Edit: game is always updated

I noticed this same issue over the weekend. A lot of lobbies weren't even full by the time the match started.

There's a fun Origin issue where it doesn't always update the game, and you wind up matchmaking with all the other not-updated people, and/or not finding servers at all.

Luckily you can force Origin to check for updates, by right-clicking the game: https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/460803225013485568

We'll add something to the game to make this more obvious if it ever happens again.
I've never used Twitter, so reading through the comments are fun. I didn't realize how many assholes there are out there. Some of these people must be very bored with their lives.

"the game is a joke, so no thx." Burn.

Izuna

Banned
I think they reverted the matchmaking. My friend tried this game today and he was in a team of 1s up against Gen 2 everywhere. I picked up the controller and my gosh, that team would be impossible to carry. I died once with 110 Attrition Points and we still lost by ~80 points.

That was insane.

SpyGuy239

Hey guys, help me make a decision here:

So I played the beta, enjoyed it but wasn't out of this world for me.

But I was just watching the Titanfall launch trailer, and am suddenly intrigued again, mainly because I just feel like playing a fun simple shooter for 45mins to an hour (it's the only free time I have) that I can just boot up and enjoy. I tried to stick with BF4 but that's really getting stale for me at the moment.

What's the learning curve like? There seems to be all these burn cards etc. Is unlocking stuff difficult?

Will I be too noob coming in now?

Thinking of throwing down money on the game + season pass. Yay or Nay?

Also, what's new since launch?

(PC BTW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom