• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscured

Brain Surgeon! It is taking forever, but I'm learning to love, might just be Stockholm syndrome though.

Are the new maps worth it? I'm trying to decide whether to grab them or not, and if I do should I just go for the season pass?

Izuna

Banned
So the Spitfire's decreased ADS time with the HCOG got fixed. Not sure I'm okay with that; it doesn't really feel viable over the R-101C or CAR anymore, as staying still in Titanfall is death. I was honestly hoping that the opposite would happen- the other scopes would get their ADS time decreased to match the HCOG. Well, I'll still pull it out to wreck enemy Titans.

Are you crazy? Pick the Spitfire and just pick up another person's main weapon and replace your pistol. That's what I do. The weapon is crazy good.

Titanfall is the best. To anyone who has abandoned Titanfall: I hope you choke to death on COD's mediocrity!

Yes it is an amazing game. Sadly the player base and match making (PC) make for a miserable experience at times. I went back to the game having not played for a couple of weeks and it was the same old story.

I really wish more people appreciated and played the game.

zou

Just wait for the Arc Cannon, it's even worse.

yes :\

plasma gun is fun and awesome compared to this piece of shit weapon. I'm at level 35 and still have no decent understanding of it. Aiming, especially against pilots is completely fucked, it never does what I expect it to. Seems you can't lead a target and there's no "splash" damage at all.

Terrible players that led the entire game that all scored higher than our two worst players whereas I had to play my best game to eek out a close win with about five seconds left in the match with two titans kills. Exhilarating.

Yes. I love this fucking game.

Oh close game, I understand. My bad.

longdi

Banned
I bought Titanfall since EA is having a 40% off Origins sale, and...i dont quite liking it. The mechanics felt dated but the big problem is, i dont even know wtf i was shooting at, and then the round ends, only leaving me a little motion-sicked....damn dont think i will ever enjoy CoD levels of twitchyness...

MadmanUK

yes :\

plasma gun is fun and awesome compared to this piece of shit weapon. I'm at level 35 and still have no decent understanding of it. Aiming, especially against pilots is completely fucked, it never does what I expect it to. Seems you can't lead a target and there's no "splash" damage at all.

I'm just leaving my Titan on Auto and hanging round whilst it destroys grunts and pilots then use my Sidewinder if a Titan comes a knockin'.

infe|2no

Neo Member
I am trying to go to Gen 7 today..... or may be i am dreaming, i have only 4 brain on the surgeon challenge :mdr:

if you want to join, add me ! Gamertag: infeL2no (XB1)

blakep267

I was a little skeptical at first but I absolutely love these new maps. Wargames and swampland in particular. And I love even more that they added expedition attrition. Now just bring over expedition pilot hunter and add 1-2 more modes, along with another playlist ( all the old maps and expedition) an Im set

Are you crazy? Pick the Spitfire and just pick up another person's main weapon and replace your pistol. That's what I do. The weapon is crazy good.
At that point though, I'd be effectively using whatever gun I pick up for normal combat, just with a Spitifre as backup instead of a pistol. Given how long it takes to switch to the Spitfire, I'd much rather have an Autopistol to switch to if I run dry during a fight.

infe|2no

Neo Member
they have to allow weapons customization (like colors combination) and add more weapons.

edit: and why we dont have an IEM nade that can stop your titan during something like 5seconds and kill all spectre in a perimeter of 10m, it could be nice ^^

Tawpgun

they have to allow weapons customization (like colors combination) and add more weapons.

edit: and why we dont have an IEM nade that can stop your titan during something like 5seconds and kill all spectre in a perimeter of 10m, it could be nice ^^

Ugh sounds annoying.

Arc Grenades fuck up titans plenty

What mode are you playing that you're carrying your team to victories, to above?

And no, they don't need camos. We don't need more 12 year olds thinking they're unique because they have money or pot leaf camos. No need to make this game like cod.

infe|2no

Neo Member
What mode are you playing that you're carrying your team to victories, to above?

And no, they don't need camos. We don't need more 12 year olds thinking they're unique because they have money or pot leaf camos. No need to make this game like cod.
BF4 has camo and it doesn't ruin the game at all....

Anyone playing on X1 at the moment. Just 2 more levels till I go to gen 4

i am playing now

infeL2no

infe|2no

Neo Member
challenge for gen.6 are very easy, it is fair after all... this goose challenge upset me

i got my last goose kill by exploding the evac. ship... may be it is a "glitch" if it can help

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, whats everyone's favorite/best anti-titan pilot gun? having a hard time deciding for myself.

Obscured

I'm going to try and get on in a bit, but we'll see. May have to go outside and be forced to enjoy a stupid beautiful day.

but add me anyway (xb1) - Mouroutaru

Usually I'm on late at night or middle of the day MST time.

so, whats everyone's favorite/best anti-titan pilot gun? having a hard time deciding for myself.
I was thinking the Archer, but now I'm thinking the Spitfire with slammer :)

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I haven't played this game in weeks and I just popped it back into my Xbox One and for some reason, I find it really boring now.

There just isn't an emphasis on winning the match and it doesn't even feel like you're playing a player vs player multiplayer game, just feels like running around a map and shooting AI and occasionally coming across a real person.

Then the match outcomes don't really clearly define winner/loser. It's just boring not to have an emphasis on winning the match.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
There just isn't an emphasis on winning the match and it doesn't even feel like you're playing a player vs player multiplayer game, just feels like running around a map and shooting AI and occasionally coming across a real person.
Sounds like you don't make good use of your mobility if you are having troubles finding real people.
Then the match outcomes don't really clearly define winner/loser. It's just boring not to have an emphasis on winning the match.
What? The losers are literally run off the frakking planet.

So I bought this game from the Origin sale, and I'm getting extremely frustrated. It's bad enough that it takes fucking five whole minutes to start the game up and get into a match. But to top it off, I've tried for AN HOUR AND A HALF to get into a fucking game without it immediately crashing when it finishes loading a map. I've yet to even play the game proper since purchasing it.

I've tried lowering the texture resolution and resetting my router -- both "fixes" I found online -- and it still won't load properly.

It seems to be a memory leak issue, as Windows complains of major memory loss when I load a map, then the game crashes shortly after. One fix I've read but refuse to try is increasing my Page File to 25 FUCKING GIGABYTES. Are you fucking kidding me? I'm running Windows on a goddamn 120GB SSD and the game is already 50GB. While I do have other drives on my PC, I'm not dedicating 25GB of my SSD for a fucking TEMPORARY FIX for one goddamn game. Hell, reports say it only allows you to play for longer before it crashes, but that it will STILL crash.

What a total shit show. I'm in the process of contacting EA support. Unless they have a really goddamn easy fix ready, I'm going to just get a refund and never look back.

Seriously, I haven't encountered problems this major with a PC game since the late '90s. It's totally unacceptable in 2014.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone want to play some expedition variety on xbox one? I'm tired of playing with hot garbage team mates.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Sounds like you don't make good use of your mobility if you are having troubles finding real people.

What? The losers are literally run off the frakking planet.

I understand the mobility in the game just fine, but there's only six possible players on the other team, if say...four of them are inside titans, that leaves two actual people on the ground. It's different if the other team isn't in their titan's and they're just doing follow mode with them, but for the most part, it feels empty.

On top of that, it doesn't give the feeling of team vs team. Like look at Halo as an example. Look at the basic team slayer deathmatch game mode, it's 4v4, red vs blue...first to "X" number of kills, it's easy to understand, it's a clear winner and loser type game.

Then in Titanfall you've got this mixture of AI where it feels more like a single player campaign/coop game mode no matter whether it's attrition, hardpoint or ctf, they all feel less like traditional pvp and more like a single player game with other human players joining the session.

Gunplay, mechanics, mobility mechanics, etc, all of that is great in this game, but the game modes are lacking.

Like...why is it that there HAVE to be AI? Why can there be a 6v6 mode with human players only?

Hell, in in private match you can't disable the AI.

The game just feels boring now.

2 levels to Gen 5, which hopefully goes well. Love that they added the Expedition Attrition playlist since none were coming up in Attrition itself for me.

infe|2no

Neo Member
I really like to play in hardpoint mode in this game, i don't like so much Attrition

i am very disappointed that this mode is not available in expedition pack, except in the variety pack :/

Izuna

Banned
Sidewinder had the highest DPS of any of the anti titan guns. Mag launcher is safer, but it is hard to hit wreak spots with it. You can do almost half of an atlas hp to doom of you user the sidewinder properly.

Charge rifle is strong, but seriously, that thing is suicide. The bullet trail ad well add the glow make it literally one shot and the whole map is after you. Most of my pilot kills in a titan come from shooting idiots with it.

Archer on the other hand is a beast, but the lock on makes it to ready to avoid.

----

Lol people are still hating on the minions. Get a grip. They are essential to the game's design.

MaGlock

Started gen 4 earlier at level 17. Already finished the pistol kills challenge. Halfway through the sniper. Which isn't as bad when you have the acog on. Quad rockets is good too.

I only had to pay €5 for the Season Pass (Playfire Rewards are amazing) but dammit, War Games alone is more than worth the price of admission. That map is fucking great, I'm never touching the ground again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom