• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the beta exe - it's the retail one with the activation check removed.

Interesting! I didn't realize that. I thought people were just copying over the beta exe. (obviously you can tell I didn't do the exe trick :p)

In that case, then I sure hope drivers will help the perf issues, or that Respawn is going to be quick to update the game.

2San

That was awesome. People talking shit about mp campaign are funny after watching that. I actually like how you're not the main character. You're simply taking part in a battle larger than you. Also makes sense so that they can continue the narrative even if you lose.

That said. That makes me really want a SP campaign, but I also love that I can get story with my MP instead of slogging through SP first like I always do.
A SP/co-op campaign with this movement system with some of the bigger exotic monsters from the artbook would be amazing. I really think Titanfall 2 will have a campaign. I'm fine with or without campaign though.

The Cowboy

And now I get to see how good Origin support is.

Tried to buy through the Origin client, failed twice.
Bought code on Amazon, activated no problem.
5 minutes later... order was completed on Origin. Argh.

Hopefully I can get the Origin client order removed without locking me out... wish me luck!
With EA refund policys in place I don't think any luck should be needed, your asking for a refund on a pre-release (100% guaranteed to happen as you can cancel a pre-order at any time) whilst also having a game in which you can claim a refund on after release via Origins great game guarantee.

It should be pretty strait forward with simply stating, "I bought it by mistake need a refund please, as I have a copy from amazon" and getting a "what's the order number?, OK that's done" response.

Atilac

I've been playing most of the night on EU West, no problem finding matches.
When I try to connect it spits a menu with null and some error code and dumps me back ti main menu.
I've tried every server, this was about two hours ago.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That was awesome. People talking shit about mp campaign are funny after watching that. I actually like how you're not the main character. You're simply taking part in a battle larger than you. Also makes sense so that they can continue the narrative even if you lose.

Is the campaign a mix of IMC/Milita missions, or are there two paths through the campaign, one for every faction? I am wondering if the players on the adversarial faction are playing a campaign mission as well.

Freki

Interesting! I didn't realize that. I thought people were just copying over the beta exe. (obviously you can tell I didn't do the exe trick :p)

In that case, then I sure hope drivers will help the perf issues, or that Respawn is going to be quick to update the game.

I really hope nvidia releases new drivers tomorrow as in Beta you had to choose between horrible screen tearing or juddery vsync. Both options delivering a subpar experience...

Is the campaign a mix of IMC/Milita missions, or are there two paths through the campaign, one for every faction? I am wondering if the players on the adversarial faction are playing a campaign mission as well.

There is an IMC campaign and a Militia campaign. You have to complete them both to unlock the Stryder and Ogre Titans for custom loadouts.

Simonnnnn

I said this so someone else the other day, I think this game will work great as a digital game.

You will have no problem selling the code though on ebay if you want to go down that route.

It will be quite handy on one hand, just to drop into on a whim, I think it's just the case, it looks so damn good, and I've always been a physical copy gamer.

That and the fact it's 16GB, and I have a 16Mbps connection, could take a while to download...

Jito

Banned
When I try to connect it spits a menu with null and some error code and dumps me back ti main menu.
I've tried every server, this was about two hours ago.

Are you using the beta exe or just somehow getting into the game anyway?

The IMC intro for that mission is pretty sweet as well.
drop pods, yo, I felt like an ODST

XxCGSxX

Welp,no midnight launch for me in Puerto Rico, called a couple of local gamestops and they told me the same thing, most if not ALL Gamestops canceled midnight because of low preorder numbers. Didn't believe it, but Best Buy Puerto Rico just posted the same thing on facebook, midnight event canceled because of low preorder numbers. It's interesting because we get huge crowds/launches for every big Xbox/PS title. Really wanted my physical PC copy at midnight, oh well.

Freki

Welp,no midnight launch for me in Puerto Rico, called a couple of local gamestops and they told me the same thing, most if not ALL Gamestops canceled midnight because of low preorder numbers. Didn't believe it, but Best Buy Puerto Rico just posted the same thing on facebook, midnight event canceled because of low preorder numbers. It's interesting because we get huge crowds/launches for every big Xbox/PS title. Really wanted my physical PC copy at midnight, oh well.

Well that sucks obviously. Can you buy it tomorrow as some kind of consolation at least?

PC People,what program are going to record footage with?
Whenever I use Fraps on other games it kills my fps.
If you have a nvidia card you could look into shadowplay - never used it myself though.

jet1911

I used the reddit exe (renamed to titanfall.exe) and it worked great. Played a couple of Atrition and Hardpoint matches.

:D:D:D

What do yall think?
13045753673_9a7a3c6734_o.png

Mechazawa

Colony runs like shiiiiiiiit.

Also, there are turrets on Fracture and they even have an icon for them on the minimap, but...there's no way to turn them on?

FDBMath

Well, I just traded in COD Ghosts to finalize the payment of my copy at the local Gamestop. They are having a midnight launch there. Not sure if I will make it, but either way, my copy will be ready for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom