• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys think the servers will hold up on launch?

The beta had 2 million players and had a single hiccup on Friday, which was caused by a bug, not a scaling issue (which is the point of beta's after all -- to find and eliminate bugs before launch). They fixed the bug that same day, so it was only down for a few hours. It was smooth sailing for the rest of the beta.

I don't know if it will be a perfectly smooth launch, but I expect there to be a really minimal amount of issues. I hope it does and proves to other developers that they should use Azure for dedicated servers.

DaBlackNerd

Neo Member
I am very interested to know how the servers will hold up while downloading the game. I have gone fully digital since picking up this generation of consoles and I havent really ran into many problems yet. This clearly will be the biggest release though.

But on the other hand, it might suck to get the game as quickly as I want on day one but not having to get up and switch disc all the time has been the icing on the cake thus far. I only have to download the game one time....I would have to switch games for the entire duration of owning it.

meanspartan

Review Embargo lifts at 9am tomorrow right? Super stoked to see what all the outlets think of it. Many like IGN will be handing out 9s like candy I assume, but curious what some of the tougher reviewers think.

Definity

Yeah, that relic map looks ace. Actually, most all of the maps I've seen so far seemed well designed. That colony map is going to be straight up crazy for wall running.

Bsigg12

Looks awesome. And I also love the look of Corporate but I think I'm alone on that.

Corporate is actually a great looking map. On Hard point though getting to the A capture point is annoying. Besides that I like the map.

Yeah, that relic map looks ace. Actually, most all of the maps I've seen so far seemed well designed. That colony map is going to be straight up crazy for wall running.

Look up the map Nexus. I believe that is the one with sky high walls that allow you traverse all over the place at crazy high speed.

tehbible

Review Embargo lifts at 9am tomorrow right? Super stoked to see what all the outlets think of it. Many like IGN will be handing out 9s like candy I assume, but curious what some of the tougher reviewers think.

millions of dollars were spent on Titanfall marketing campaign.

It's guaranteed the major review sites will give it 90%+

The smaller review sites though? We'll see hehehe.

I am very interested to know how the servers will hold up while downloading the game. I have gone fully digital since picking up this generation of consoles and I havent really ran into many problems yet. This clearly will be the biggest release though.

But on the other hand, it might suck to get the game as quickly as I want on day one but not having to get up and switch disc all the time has been the icing on the cake thus far. I only have to download the game one time....I would have to switch games for the entire duration of owning it.

Downloading the game from XBL won't be an issue at all. XBL has always been extremely reliable, and fast speeds, even for big releases. I really wouldn't worry about that.

Milennia

overlook and airbase are still top right now after what I've seen and what my buddy has told me who has over 50 hours in the game so far lol

Drop a Titan on it!
titanfall_drop_a_titan_on_it_by_digi_matrix-d79lem7.gif

Bsigg12

I've decided my favorite Titan weapon is the Triple Threat with the grenade mine upgrade. Pouring grenades all over the battlefield is very satisfying. The Plasma railgun is powerful but takes some time to get used to charging shots for their full potential.

Milennia

I've decided my favorite Titan weapon is the Triple Threat with the grenade mine upgrade. Pouring grenades all over the battlefield is very satisfying. The Plasma railgun is powerful but takes some time to get used to charging shots for their full potential.

You can just use the rail gun until you unlock the auto charge perk.

Freki

So Tempting as I have tonight off yet work the next too. But I would rather not get banned...

Has there been ANY word of banning or even Displeasure aside from DK05s tweet?

I was struggling the whole weekend - As more and more people are playing I honestly don't think they'll ban (why risk a PR backlash over nothing? It's not piracy but simply eager fans wanting to play). But I am also not willing to take that risk for 15h early access now.

Milennia

I ususally hit an enemy with a full charge then hit them with a cluster bomb and then rush in to finish them.

Oh, if you save you cooldown thats fine, it adds up to the same amount of damage including shields as a few auto charged shots.

I use the salvo because i prefer to have the versatility of titan damage and infantry damage if i so choose.

manhack

Got the modified .exe and I'm up and playing. Forgot about having to do the damn tutorial all over , but otherwise super awesome

ChuckNyce

Disclaimer: I get shot and blow myself up a lot in these :) Also still working on the rest of the maps, need about 5 more.

Also, I just got a email from YouTube that my Lagoon video is gonna get blocked for copyright crap. It's still up at the moment as far as I can tell but fair warning they may start bringing my stuff down :-(

Edit: Yup, they're starting to pull them all down, bastards.

So Tempting as I have tonight off yet work the next too. But I would rather not get banned...

Has there been ANY word of banning or even Displeasure aside from DK05s tweet?
There are way too many people on now, there's no way they'll ban so many fans over being a bit overly eager.

That said, the method in that link is outdated and is what Respawn was referring to in those tweets - a modified executable. The current method is a separate exe that does not modify the game file, just bypasses the origin release date check.

Bsigg12

Oh, if you save you cooldown thats fine, it adds up to the same amount of damage including shields as a few auto charged shots.

I use the salvo because i prefer to have the versatility of titan damage and infantry damage if i so choose.

Yea the salvo and cluster are the only ordnances I use. I don't really like the slaved warheads.

My favorite setup is the particle shield with the triple threat and auto reload because as long as they don't rush you you can pour grenades out without taking damage thanks to the shield. It's great in LTS because you can get a lot of damage dealt quickly and bail before the shield falls.

Milennia

Yea the salvo and cluster are the only ordnances I use. I don't really like the slaved warheads.

My favorite setup is the particle shield with the triple threat and auto reload because as long as they don't rush you you can pour grenades out without taking damage thanks to the shield. It's great in LTS because you can get a lot of damage dealt quickly and bail before the shield falls.

How is the particle shield? I know next to nothing about it.
How much damage can it soak? Like one ordnance cooldown?

legacyzero

Banned
Disclaimer: I get shot and blow myself up a lot in these :) Also still working on the rest of the maps, need about 5 more.

Also, I just got a email from YouTube that my Lagoon video is gonna get blocked for copyright crap. It's still up at the moment as far as I can tell but fair warning they may start bringing my stuff down :-(

WHOOPS. Videos just got nuked.

Why is Respawn and EA so against streaming this right now?

Delt31

sorry to ask again but does anyone know the quality of settings for the xbox one version? I know it's 790 resolution but is it 790 w/ultra?

Bsigg12

How os the particle shield? I know next to nothing about it.
How much damage can it soak? Like one ordnance cooldown?

So you can shoot and move through it which is great. It doesn't block enemies from moving through it, only their bullets. A charged plasma or arc cannon can bring it down relatively easily but for other weapons it soaks up quite a bit of damage.

I don't have exact times but I'll try to get an estimate a little later tonight on how long it lasts and how much it can take.

ChuckNyce

WHOOPS. Videos just got nuked.

Why is Respawn and EA so against streaming this right now?

I think they said previously they were still "tweaking" stuff. I don't upload a ton of video so I'm just wondering if they were taken down because it's technically out yet, or because the content is owned by EA.

Milennia

So you can shoot and move through it which is great. It doesn't block enemies from moving through it, only their bullets. A charged plasma or arc cannon can bring it down relatively easily but for other weapons it soaks up quite a bit of damage.

I don't have exact times but I'll try to get an estimate a little later tonight on how long it lasts and how much it can take.

Cool, thanks.

Im unsure about it.
I know you can set it up on a road and do quite well, or even a titan chokepoint.. Should soak up quite a few actual bullets/anti titan rounds.
I assumed the arc and charge would do more to it because for reasons unknown in video games -electricity/plasma anything does more to shields lol.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think they said previously they were still "tweaking" stuff. I don't upload a ton of video so I'm just wondering if they were taken down because it's technically out yet, or because the content is owned by EA.

It could be because the servers aren't quite ready yet (I'm assuming) and so any server instability could cause potentially bad PR for a game that's not technically out yet - and reviewers have an embargo for the game which ends tomorrow, but I think EA/Respawn might be obligated to let the reviewers be the first to really detail the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom