• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy I quoted said 15 maps was alot, numerically its not vs any recent call of duty halo or battlefield. The games titanfall will be compared with

Battlefield 2 shipped with 12.
Battlefield 3: 10
Battlefield 4: 10

Halo:CE 13
Halo 2: 12
Halo 3: 11
Halo Reach: 9
Halo 4: 10

Call of Duty 2: 9
Call of Duty 4: 16
MW2: 16
BLOPS: 14
BLOPS 2: 14
Ghosts: 14

15 is a lot of maps for a multiplayer focused video game.

antitrop

Is he actually reviewing it? Same guy who asked if he could host E3 or be a presenter for Microsoft?

ouyUSDV.png

My ~34GB of audio is ready!

How the hell does it use that much space for audio, multiple languages aside.

Anyone know if we can delete the files for languages we aren't using? Hate to waste a ton of SSD space for stuff I'll never use.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Directly comparing map count seems kind of silly when the map sizes are different, player counts are different, modes are different, etc. You could probably fit 4-6 Titanfall maps on Oman alone.

That said I think the number of maps for Titanfall is fine. 15 maps, multiple modes, should keep us entertained for awhile.

matthieuC

What really matters is which of the maps are fun to play on. Every game is different on the number of actual quality maps . Luckily it seems Respawns knows what they're doing with map design, so I think we'll be okay.

jtar86

Playing ghosts this weekend really makes me appreciate how awesome these maps in titanfall look. Its very clear that all the talented map designers went to respawn after the split.

BraXzy

I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews come in tomorrow to see what the reaction to the game is. Like others have said I couldn't care less if it got terrible scores because it is an incredibly fun game and I will enjoy it.. I predict 9/10's on average though.

Jarmel

Banned
Been in beast mode tonight. Hit G2 and been burning through the lower levels.

Also nothing like starting my new regen with two matches where I beast 18-0 and 15-0 back to back. Nobody made it home on the short bus either. :)

The regen cutscene is fucking awesome.

Milennia

I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews come in tomorrow to see what the reaction to the game is. Like others have said I couldn't care less if it got terrible scores because it is an incredibly fun game and I will enjoy it.. I predict 9/10's on average though.

Aren't you going to the launch event?

Jarmel

Banned
I should warn people, the skill floor is much higher than the beta, right now.

I wouldn't necessarily expect your KDR from the beta to hold.

CyReN

Really don't see the reason for reviews yet since the game is just multiplayer. Should have a score in a few days/week to full test it out. That's me though.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Couldn't help what?

Playing.

Can you talk more about the campaign? Is it just cutscenes added to standard attrition game or is it more?

It's standard game modes, but with mission briefings, openings, dialogue, and events during gameplay. As well as Character NPCs you fight with, not just grunts and specters.

Over all, awesome game, and leave a ton of room for improvement for the sequel, which is great.

JackHerer

Campaign seems to not be working correctly. I can't get passed a certain point and it's making me play the same missions over and over again :(

I saw no difference, honestly.
Obviously as more people get the game it gets higher, thats beyond a given and obvious, but that wasn't the case when i was playing.

I was just joking. I'm getting the game because I had fun with the beta and want to have a good time. I know my limitations with shooters so I just do what I can.

Pat_DC

Really don't see the reason for reviews yet since the game is just multiplayer. Should have a score in a few days/week to full test it out. That's me though.

I agree but everyone wants those clicks and traffic.
Maybe they could do it in two parts. Initial review/score during ideal conditions and maybe update once the game and servers are in the wild and everyone is playing.

JackHerer

Just got into a campaign match and once the game started everything was black. The HUD was perfectly fine but I couldn't see the environment at all, just blackness. Really weird.

BraXzy

I should warn people, the skill floor is much higher than the beta, right now.

I wouldn't necessarily expect your KDR from the beta to hold.

I want to try and have a 2.0+ pilot K/D since that's slightly better than average. I had over 4 on the beta so hopefully it doesn't drop too much.

M.W.

Is there a party system/lobby in the final version? I only remember being thrown into matches my friends were in.

jediyoshi

It's crazy to me that they don't rotate the coverage between the "journalists". Same with Greg Miller doing all of the Uncharted/Sony coverage. It's a disgusting combination of beat writer and cheer leader.

Nah, people just don't pay attention when that actually does occur giving it that impression. People already forgot Greg did the Zampella interview a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom