• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I pray that the release exe runs the game better. Every few matches the stuttering is unplayable, or the sound starts glitching out HARD.

Hip Hop

I should warn people, the skill floor is much higher than the beta, right now.

I wouldn't necessarily expect your KDR from the beta to hold.

I think the only people playing right now are the hardcore fans, since they got the game early. It should be expected to see very good opponents.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wish I could give away my Titan. I just want to run around.

Probably won't be playing this game until it officially releases on Wednesday night now(Australia). Was originally going to VPN unlock the game tomorrow night but decided to ask the girlfriend if she wanted to go to dinner somewhere tomorrow night as an early apology for being so tied up in the game for the next few days.

Thankfully, she understood.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So yeah, just beat the IMC campaign, had fun with it and can't wait to see how Respawn expands on it in the sequel.

That said, one huge complaint, and one I have had since before release is. The graphics.

Playing on PC, max settings at 1080p.

The whole time I am playing I get that feeling I got with many late gen games last gen. "I can't wait to see what this is like in a next gen sequel"

I get that exact feeling with Titanfall.

I can't wait to see what they do with Titanfall 2 given the first one is a success.(it will be)

This game has phenomenal map design, and even better art. Unfortunately, it feels in every way graphically like a previous gen game.

Really enjoying Titanfall, but graphically Titanfall 2 needs to do the artwork and the world Respawn have created justice.

So much potential.

One more day... I'm so fucking excited!

Wish my Gamestop was actually doing a Mid-night launch and I wasn't stuck waiting for school to end to pick up my copy. :(

EDIT: Quick, someone talk me out of going against my word and buying the Collector's Edition of Titanfall.

I don't need the statue, but I needs it.

JackHerer

I think the only people playing right now are the hardcore fans, since they got the game early. It should be expected to see very good opponents.

Absolutely. I've been having some difficult keeping a positive K/D even. Compared to this the beta was a cakewalk. The people playing now are generally very experienced with shooters (most likely, at least enough to be excited enough about TF to find out about and use the work around). So the ratio of skilled players to "noobs" is way off balance compared to when the game will get officially released. Competition is stiff at the moment.

Bii

One more day... I'm so fucking excited!

Wish my Gamestop was actually doing a Mid-night launch and I wasn't stuck waiting for school to end to pick up my copy. :(

EDIT: Quick, someone talk me out of going against my word and buying the Collector's Edition of Titanfall.

I don't need the statue, but I needs it.

$190 better spent elsewhere. Maybe some of that will go towards the season pass?

Bad7667

I know I already asked but I can't seems to find any info on how Titanfall handles CTF.

So if any of you guys played some what kind of ctf is there? Classic or more like Halo's?

tuna_love

Banned
So yeah, just beat the IMC campaign, had fun with it and can't wait to see how Respawn expands on it in the sequel.

That said, one huge complaint, and one I have had since before release is. The graphics.

Playing on PC, max settings at 1080p.

The whole time I am playing I get that feeling I got with many late gen games last gen. "I can't wait to see what this is like in a next gen sequel"

I get that exact feeling with Titanfall.

I can't wait to see what they do with Titanfall 2 given the first one is a success.(it will be)

This game has phenomenal map design, and even better art. Unfortunately, it feels in every way graphically like a previous gen game.

Really enjoying Titanfall, but graphically Titanfall 2 needs to do the artwork and the world Respawn have created justice.

So much potential.

How many times do you have to tell people you don't link the graphics?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Hi thread. Stop calling it "PST". Did you miss that was just "sprang forward" in the US? PST stands for "Pacific Standard Time" but we're now on "Pacific Daylight Time", or PDT. If any of that is confusing to you, just say "PT" for "Pacific Time" and you'll be correct year round. OK thread, you may now carry on.

Jito

Banned
Well that explains why I got stomped while playing last night, I thought I'd somehow got worse at the game not that everyone was just better!

Also I'll blame not knowing the maps, those rank 50s had a head start on me...

Milennia

Hi thread. Stop calling it "PST". Did you miss that was just "sprang forward" in the US? PST stands for "Pacific Standard Time" but we're now on "Pacific Daylight Time", or PDT. If any of that is confusing to you, just say "PT" for "Pacific Time" and you'll be correct year round. OK thread, you may now carry on.

Got dang.
Dat complex.

BigTnaples

How many times do you have to tell people you don't link the graphics?

Until Titanfall 2 is shown and has much improved graphics?

Graphics matter to people a lot, I am one of those people. I also happen to be a huge fan of Titanfall and the folks at Respawn.

Do you see me telling people to stop compaining on out BF4s glitches in every BF4 thread? No. Because here on Neogaf we discuss the good as well as the bad.

Titanfall is a great game, the graphics are bad, and I won't silence myself because you don't want to hear it.

Mrbob

Lol, time zone police with a drive by warning.

tuna_love

Banned
Until Titanfall 2 is shown and has much improved graphics?

Graphics matter to people a lot, I am one of those people. I also happen to be a huge fan of Titanfall and the folks at Respawn.

Do you see me telling people to stop compaining on out BF4s glitches in every BF4 thread? No. Because here on Neogaf we discuss the good as well as the bad.

Titanfall is a great game, the graphics are bad, and I won't silence myself because you don't want to hear it.

:(

todd360

Timezones? I've never heard of you. Timezones, imma bout to murder you.
pls read in supa hot fires first opponents voice. K thx

Proven

My actual pet peeve is that instead of 9pm Pacific, it should be seen as midnight Eastern for the least confusion about time and dates and why it's releasing when it is.

BigTnaples

The graphics are fine.

The graphics are not fine. By anyone's definition.

The art style may be terrific. (It is) but the graphics are the worst out of any current gen game I own, and I also own CoD Ghosts, which looks horrible as well.

• The texture resolution is low, the actual resolution is low on XBO.

• The lighting is horrible compared to other current gen games.

• The effects while numerous, are not impressive at all.

• Physics, aside from ragdolls are also non existent.

• The shaders are last gen, nothing has depth, reacts to light, or looks like realistic or even different materials at all.

• The environments, characters and objects are all low poly.

The games graphics are not fine.

• The art design is fantastic.
  • The skyboxes are wonderful,

• The map design is stellar.

• The gameplay is tight and innovative.

Most of all the game is fun as hell, and whether you have an Xbox 360, One, or PC, I highly recommend you buy this game.

That said, the graphics are shit, and you should go in knowing and expecting that.

If you can look at the images in this post, and with a straight face tell me that Titanfall is graphically competitive with current gen launch titles, let alone titles on the horizon, you are lying either to us, or to yourself.

The art style may be terrific. (It is) but the graphics are the worst out of any current gen game I own, and I also own CoD Ghosts, which looks horrible as well.

• The shaders are last gen, nothing has depth, reacts to light, or looks like realistic or even different materials at all.

Most of all the game is fun as hell, and whether you have an Xbox 360, One, or PC, I highly recommend you buy this game.

That said, the graphics are shit, and you should go in knowing and expecting that.

If you can look at the images in this post, and with a straight face tell me that Titanfall is graphically competitive with current gen launch titles, let alone titles on the horizon, you are lying either to us, or to yourself.

The graphics are fine.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Damn, some dude just got left by himself in a room versus 6 people.. and the game let it ride. o_O

While I don't like it, this is pretty normal, not exclusive to titanfall matchmaking. Depending on the gametype, people should be able to join mid game anyways.

lem0n

Wow, how did you ever survive gaming as a child? Graphics are indeed fine, and will be good enough for me, and millions of others. Quit posting your opinion as fact, it's pretty annoying.

Ferny

By my definition, the graphics are fine.

tuna_love

Banned

The graphics are fine.

Tokubetsu

The graphics are fine.

The graphics are fine and acceptable to my standards.

BigTnaples

By my definition, the graphics are fine.

Wow, how did you ever survive gaming as a child? Graphics are indeed fine, and will be good enough for me, and millions of others. Quit posting your opinion as fact, it's pretty annoying.

The graphics are fine.

Fair enough. The graphics are "fine" to you. There are many who think last gen graphics are fine. And that in itself is....fine.

Maybe arguing with the point of "fine" was not specific enough.

Let me rephrase.

The graphics of Titanfall.... are not competitive, nor do the use many if any of the techniques we have grown accustomed to in the current gen.

You will find no intense particle effects, no Bokeh DoF, no material based lighting model or shaders, no real time reflections, no volumetric lighting or fog, no subsurface scattering, no tessellation, no penumbrae shadows, no real time caustics, no cloth physics, no real time destruction, no global illumination, no lit particles, no high poly models, etc etc etc.

And if you enjoy graphics enough to look for those things, they will not be there.

If graphics are not that important to you, then the game will suffice, the graphics are "good" enough to allow for the gameplay, you can clearly see what is going on, and the framrate (on PC) is enough that it will not dip so low it effects gameplay.

If you go in looking for a fun game, with tight gameplay, great art design, fantastic level design, fast paced and innovative ideas you will not find anywhere else in gaming, you will find all of that in Titanfall.

Again, Titanfalls graphics, while "fine", are not competitive with the likes of this.

ipXYSngY6bjOc.png
11072153016_5a66dc0025_o.png

11516149265_e5ce01d090_o.png
image_ryse_son_of_rome-23516-2061_0001.jpg
irdc.jpg
amarectv2013-11-1721-hduua.jpg

11945532596_4e4fb06bb8_o.png
11954949013_30db6b7d26_o.png

41cnHek.jpg
11899107454_fe4125ebc0_o.png

li7C2BB.jpg

pHRAk5O.jpg

at all.

And yes, all of this is my opinion.

BigTnaples

No, you're totally right. But I'd still rather play TitanFall than any of those games.

Fair enough, I would still rather play Titanfall than most of those games as well.

That is not my point.

My point is the game (or obviously more plausibly its sequel) would benefit from improved graphical fidelity.

This is the same reason people clamor for remakes/remasters of beloved titles.

Yes the gameplay is great, the art direction is great, etc. But it is not realized at it's full potential.

And I doubt any Titanfall fan would dissagree with me that they would love to see Titanfall 2 have all of the greatness of TFs gameplay preserved and enhanced, as well as having vastly improved graphical fidelity.

The argument that we can't have graphics AND gameplay is such an outdated one.

Also Titanfall OT2: The graphics are fine.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
My actual pet peeve is that instead of 9pm Pacific, it should be seen as midnight Eastern for the least confusion about time and dates and why it's releasing when it is.
Perhaps, there is certainly a lot of logic to that approach. But it's not unreasonable for Respawn to use Pacific Time as that's where they're located.

Fun fact, Russia does not observe daylight saving time, but Ukraine does. What does that mean for the in Crimea you ask?!? Great question and I'm glad you thought of it! With Russian forces occupying the peninsula, and a vote to join Russia on the horizon, it seems like come March 30th it may be very confusing as to what to do with one's clocks in that region. I implore President Obama to resolve this situation before then, either to cave completely to Putin, or to completely reject any and all Russian claims on that land and most importantly reiterate that Crimeans must in fact observe DST on the 30th.

And that leads to another fun fact: Ukraine uses the old DST start and end times. If you recall, some years back DST was expanded in various parts of the world to cover more of the year; the start was pushed earlier and the end was pushed later. And that leads us to one of the many potential tragedies which could be precipitated by letting people refer to the Titanfall unlock on Origin as happening at 9pm PST. A Ukrainian gamer might take that "PST" at face value, because after all, they are still on their standard time. And that puts us in a bit of a pickle, doesn't it? If this gamer were to undertake the time conversion, what would happen? Well, he'd be on UTC+2. PDT is UTC-7 while PST is UTC-8. So he would think that Titanfall unlocks at 7am in his local time when in reality it would unlock at 6am! Can you imagine the horror of setting your alarm to just before 7am, and then realizing that Titanfall had been unlocked for an entire hour? That you had missed it?

And this is just ONE potential disaster scenario related to not being vigilant in correctly dealing with daylight saving time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom