• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They really faltered with Jonouchi and Hase in the show, huh?

All their best scenes come from the stage shows now.

What a ride. Easily in my top 3 Rider shows; and it probably would have made #1 if they hadn't gone overboard on a few elements. On story alone, though.. Yeah I think it takes the prize. Absolutely blown away, especially those last 10-12 episodes.

Movie War Full Throttle is worth checking out.

Garo -The Crimson Moon- Episode 01

Nice opener. Seimei is clearly the standout member of the cast here. The horror showcased here reminds of that really creepy one with the similar power from Garo S1. Music is also top-notch. It's amusing how well a spanish guitar goes with a Heian-era Japan setting.

Watch Da Birdie

Ghost's Battride War model...what the hell happened?

I wonder if Shin Zangetsu is Takatora, or Mitchy? Kind of disappointed no playable Ryugen still...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Charge 14

Decent episode. Surprising amount of original fight footage.
Dino Armor X is kind of a lame name for Deinosgrander, but I guess kids won't know what a Deinosuchus is.
To be fair to Chase, that's how I kind of react to boy bands too.

The last scene on Sledge's ship with the solitary confinement chamber is the most interesting part. There's clearly something big in there.

jonjonaug

I see you've encountered one of the issues people have with Gaim.
MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

Sadly, MISUNDERSTANDINGS happen way too often in KR.

Episode 36 is where
Takatora gets killed by Micchy
. That's what he's reacting to.

EDIT: Hell the only thing that approaches "misunderstandings" in the show lasts all of six episodes. This includes the episodes where this starts and ends, so there's only four episodes of wondering how long this will take. During those four episodes other characters have realized what was going on, and call Kouta out for being too naive to realize this. It also has an amazing payoff scene.

Ok, all this Gaim talk is making me re-watch it and try to give it a second chance. I went through the entire thing as it was airing and didn't think much of it back then, but you people are gushing over it, so maybe I'm missing something.

Watch Da Birdie

So there's a lot of new Ghost stuff via the new toy catalog...

Ghost's first quarter upgrade appears to be called Tokon Boost, and is a red flame-styled version of Ore. And he's got a sunglasses sword. We also see what Goemon and Ryoma look like, and they seem to be exclusive to Tokon Boost. It turns out Himiko isn't a female Rider's, but rather is used by Ghost himself!

Then we have a silhouette of Necrom, a new Rider, who uses a wrist-brace to transform called the Megalouder (apparently this translates to "eye dropper" basically).

There's a fuck ton of forms in this show, damn. I imagine quite a few of them are gonna appear like once and that's it.

Slayven

Ghost's first quarter upgrade appears to be called Tokon Boost, and is a red flame-styled version of Ore. And he's got a sunglasses sword. We also see what Goemon and Ryoma look like, and they seem to be exclusive to Tokon Boost. It turns out Himiko isn't a female Rider's, but rather is used by Ghost himself!

Then we have a silhouette of Necrom, a new Rider, who uses a wrist-brace to transform called the Megalouder (apparently this translates to "eye dropper" basically).

There's a fuck ton of forms in this show, damn. I imagine quite a few of them are gonna appear like once and that's it.

AMERICA DREAM!!!

WarRock

Sunglasslasher
, oh my. Should have seen that one coming.

javadoze

CCvhR-mUIAADkHn.png

Tiu Neo

OH GOD, that Next Ninninger preview.

There's even an
Jiraiya breaking through the window and sliding on the ground
scene on it ;_;

Edit: Also, it looks like Yoshi will be on this episode! I've watched only two episodes of Dino Charge, but it Yoshi looks like a cool guy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yoshi's going to be in the next Ninninger? Awesome!
He's living the dream. He's a Power Ranger, he got to meet his counterpart, and he gets to appear in Super Sentai.

WarRock

Ninnin 32
Is this the first Sentai mech with FIN FUNNERU?

What an amazing episode, why can't the show be like this every week!? The new finisher sure is cool.

Watch Da Birdie

Spectre's also getting a new form
where he fuses with Machine Hoodie and becomes---Houdini. Damn you Toei.

Ghost Episode 2 had a lot of energy (no pun intended). I think that'll help put it above Wizard if it keeps that up even if I'm not sure where the series is really gonna go, thematic wise. It's kind of light-hearted so far.

Also that fucking Iguana squeaking. The hell?

A third Rider for Ghost? Already? Note, the second Rider is usually in the 2nd toy catalog release - Mach was the second 2nd quarter set, Gaim was ahead and had the Energy Riders, Gridon, and Jimber, OOO had Tajadol and Birth - so we're ahead of the game here.

Maybe we might hit four this year?

vareon

A third Rider for Ghost? Already? Note, the second Rider is usually in the 2nd toy catalog release - Mach was the second 2nd quarter set, Gaim was ahead and had the Energy Riders, Gridon, and Jimber, OOO had Tajadol and Birth - so we're ahead of the game here.

Spectre had no special gadgets outside his weapon, as far as toy goes he's just a form to Ghost. The third rider's toys are slated for January and if he's debuting around that time I think it's on par with the pattern?

WillyFive

The Energy Riders counted as the 2nd Rider for Gaim; the other ones used the toys from the 1st wave, same as Gaim himself.

shaowebb

Just got back from Tsubasacon 2015 in WV. Got a lot of Toku loot. Gonna post tomorrow after sleeeeeeep. Good stuff though. Here's one thing I got that I HAD to share immediately though...

VlZD9Dk.jpg

Its a clip for my cell phone. When not plugged in and grasping the phone it has its own Block to plug into. They had a Drive, W, Den O and Gaim chibi figure setup that worked like this too, but all I need is Ankh. :p

I'll post the rest of my haul tomorrow.

Watch Da Birdie

I feel like the budget of Ghost is already dead.

We've got stock footage transformations (sort of what Kiva did with its finishers), and it seems like Ghost going invisible when transforming will be another cheap way to have him transform without having to show it lol. Gotta say though I like the touch of him disappearing when he transforms.

Now I realize his friends have absolutely NO CLUE what's going on when he fights, and he probably has to explain it to them. "And then my bike merged with a pirate ship into a giant iguana..." I bet one of big shakeups mid-season is that Ghost and the Ganma become visible to regular folks and cause a panic.

Top Bottom