• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Zoo 44

Didn't realize this was supposed to be a recap episode that moves the plot, but at least it moves the plot and we get more info about Azald. It also answers a lot of the past too like
how Genis fused Zyumen and Misao together

Jaeger

I'm on 34 of Zyuo. Bunglay is one of the coolest villains I have seen in awhile. Nice design and plenty of character. And cool powers too boot.

Tiu Neo

Uh, my connection has been shit lately, so I couldn't post last night, but...

Zyuohger 44

Clip show. Eh. I hope this doesn't become too common, one clip show per season is enough. Still, a bit story progression, and some explanations, so it wasn't totally worthless.

Next week, True Azald, and probably the real beginning of the end.

WarRock

Ex-Aid 13
Why is the White Mage throwing all those black magics man?

DOUBLE GASHATTO! That was the best cliffhanger.

I'm on 34 of Zyuo. Bunglay is one of the coolest villains I have seen in awhile. Nice design and plenty of character. And cool powers too boot.
He was a great addition to the mix, no doubt.

WarRock

Of course I did, haha. Btw, best moment of the episode right here:
KaHfVak.gif

Boss Doggie

I wish Time Magic was this broken in FF

Uh, my connection has been shit lately, so I couldn't post last night, but...

Zyuohger 44

Clip show. Eh. I hope this doesn't become too common, one clip show per season is enough. Still, a bit story progression, and some explanations, so it wasn't totally worthless.

Next week, True Azald, and probably the real beginning of the end.

They always make the new year clip show for sentai. Remember the disappointing Shurikenger ep in Ninninger?

and yeah, the last 4 eps will the end game, there's already actually synopses of the upcoming three eps lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 44

Clippity clip show, had to happen. But hey, only four episodes left. I'll miss this show.
Nice that we did get some info on Azald.

Ex-Aid 13

W-B-X, saving lives in the game.
This does lend to the claim that
Emu has someone else inside him, and that M is really a different personality
This season is nuts and I love it.
Also, the monster is a Mindflayer from FFIV right?

Tiu Neo

I wish Time Magic was this broken in FF

They always make the new year clip show for sentai. Remember the disappointing Shurikenger ep in Ninninger?

and yeah, the last 4 eps will the end game, there's already actually synopses of the upcoming three eps lol

Yeah, but we don't need the mid-season clip show, imo.

Well, if at least Zyuohger's was kinda fun?

Tiu Neo

the clip show for bunglay was there because they needed to save money for the gokaiger two parter :p

Dunno if I am too negative or you are too optimistic, haha

Anyway,

Ex-Aid 13

Having the Riders and menaces be public is a good thing, even if in this it never made any difference. And, you know, I thought Poppy would be annoying, but she's actually pretty funny, at least up to now. She's a good contrast to the more serious moments.

Also having Emu evolve as a medic, just as he evolves as a rider, is a cool move. Also, this week's victim problem being an incurable Cancer is a place where I though they wouldn't go.

I wonder if Pallad has any connection with Emu. Maybe some Kingdom Hears style thing where he's also part of the Bugster that lives within Emu or something like that. I could see Ex-Aid's final form being a fusion of his personalities and Pallad, another Bugster or something like that.

I wonder if the "good" Riders will get a new rider anytime soon. The way things are right now, I can see anything happening, lol.

WarRock

Also having Emu evolve as a medic, just as he evolves as a rider, is a cool move. Also, this week's victim problem being an incurable Cancer is a place where I though they wouldn't go.
I'm kinda wary of this, actually. Seems like he took an impossible attitude of "I'm not letting anybody die ever again", which, by itself, is a problematic stance to have as a doctor, instead of having emotional closure about Kiriya.

On the other hand, it's similar to the Gaim/Kouta ideology that made him stand out in the conflicts of his own show (and his development as a character).

Exciting (hah) stuff for the writing in the future, anyway.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Seeing Mighty Action XX form just made me realise just how much I miss Kamen Rider W, it's favorite Kamen Rider series, with Drive coming a close second.

Tiu Neo

Should I watch an Ultraman or a Super Sentai?

The clips I've seen of Seven and Leo seem sick.

Watch one series of one type, and then one of another type after.

I'm trying to watch every sentai there is, and watching something different between the series helps a lot.

Boss Doggie

Oh hey, RTA is also subbing Genm Operations (which are new and just came out). Takes place after the movie but before Dan reveals to the gang.

hNtecsO.jpg

The best bit about the Genm special is they don't even bother making a faceplate for Wizard Level 1, they just use CGI for the face. Makes me wonder why they didn't just go straight to Level 2.

Jeffrey

you know, the nintendo switch is basically a modern era kamen rider belt lol.

Combine the decade complete psp with, Double's thing.

Mr-Joker

Banned
you know, the nintendo switch is basically a modern era kamen rider belt lol.

Combine the decade complete psp with, Double's thing.

I know, it's why I went with the Red and Blue one purely because of W especially his Heat/Trigger form though I think the colours are the other way round on the Switch.

Boss Doggie

some off-hand translation courtesy of /ssg/ from the recent telebi-kun mag

>Lucky (Shishi Red): A simple man born with best luck in the universe. Because he believes in his good fortune, he is super positive in a pinch.

>Stinger (Sasori Orange): Hailing from the Sasori System, he is one of the galaxy's most powerful and famous warriors. He has a cool personality, but is also a lone wolf who doesn't like to interact with others.

>Naga Ray (Hebitsukai Silver): He does not express emotions and all of his actions are rational. He and Balance (Tenbin Gold) have been traveling the universe as gentlemen thieves.

>Hami (Chameleon Green): A lively girl, brimming with curiosity. She's strongly motivated, but can be rash and emotional due to her age. She's mastered the arts of ninjitsu.

>Spada (Kajiki Yellow): A man adventuring through space to become the universe's best cook. With all of the knowledge and experience he's gained, other members of the team rely on him.

>Garu: A beastman who uses wild attacks and great speed to his advantage. He isn't too bright and has a short temper, but he's reliable in battle.

>Champ: As a battle robot. he boasts superhuman strength. He is cheerful and openhanded, but he's also the reckless type. He's a tough and hotblooded robo-man and to oppose his values would bring austere consequences.

>Balance: A mechanical lifeform. With his friend and partner Naga Ray, they travel the universe as gentlemen thieves. He is a flatterer who gets by in life by telling people what they want to hear.

>Raptor 283: An android who pilots the Kyuranger mothership, Orion. She is very serious and hardworking, but loves to daydream.

Also it has mugshots of the cast in the "team uniform", everyone but Stinger and Champ wears one. Garu has the chest part opened to show off his fur. Balance has a metal uniform.

Tiu Neo

Red's description got me a bit worried. Please, don't be another Takaharu. Orange will probably be his "Blue".

I like the other teammates descriptions. Silver and Gold could be amazing, and Yellow has the potential to be a great character just for the fact that his main skill is... cooking.

Also, both girls sound like fun characters, so that's a plus.

Top Bottom