• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has any one ever tried to get the rights for Kamen Rider sub?

Generation Kikaida did get V3. But apparently due to their high cost, they sell the DVD set at $150.

Media Blasters got Kamen Rider The First. Nobody cares about that movie though.

No idea why Amazon Prime hasn't released Amazons yet despite their announcement. Maybe they're waiting for the entire series to finish up?

Mr-Joker

Banned

Crunchy Roll tried but they said that they ran into legal red tapes that caused them to abandon the idea.

It seems like getting the right to Kamen Rider show is a lot trickier than Super Sentai and I bet the reason why Amazon is able to get Amazons is due to the fact they funded the show and is exclusive to Prime.

BatDan

Glad they inherited the competent writing and flair for originality from Dino Charge, but they also inherited it's worst and most awful stuff: the voice acting, the head of the robot, the music, it's all so awful.

They seriously need to get rid of Kaniel. I could take the voice acting but the music is just so terrible.

Hopefully Ninja Steel stays consistent and doesn't fall apart in its second half like Dino Charge did.

That clip pretty much summed why I could never get into Power Rangers, even when I was a kid they really go over the top with the camp.

Plus are they making Raizo a good guy in this version along with giving him a stupid voice to boot?

I don't think they're making him a good guy. His name here is "Ripcon" and that sounds like a villain name.
It is possible they'll keep him around longer than Ninninger did, but it's too early to tell.

Slayven

Crunchy Roll tried but they said that they ran into legal red tapes that caused them to abandon the idea.

It seems like getting the right to Kamen Rider show is a lot trickier than Super Sentai and I bet the reason why Amazon is able to get Amazons is due to the fact they funded the show and is exclusive to Prime.

I always heard it's the actor's agencies that make it a pain in the ass.

Tiu Neo

Even here on Brazil, where Black and RX were licensed some years ago, it was impossible to get the rights to release them in DVD. And we have plenty of Sentai and MH DVD Boxes.

So... KR is probably the problem. Maybe something with Ishinomori Productions? Are they still involved with KR? I don't think Sentai has those limitations, since only the first two are his.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
there's a blurry scan of Juju Burger gashat, with the Ganbarizing card from a Happy Meal

Ex-Aid has a biker helmet, condiment bottles (left is ketchup, right is mustard) on his arms and a burger armor

BatDan

Best cover art yet.

91gcmctoi7l._sl1500_fqlex.jpg

jwk94

Can't link to it because I'm on mobile, but red ninja steel Ranger was visiting his home town and we got two things from it: confirmation of "it's morphin time" being in the Morph and.... Legendary Rangers being part of the anniversary next year! Now to pray they don't mess this up again.

Boss Doggie

Can't link to it because I'm on mobile, but red ninja steel Ranger was visiting his home town and we got two things from it: confirmation of "it's morphin time" being in the Morph and.... Legendary Rangers being part of the anniversary next year! Now to pray they don't mess this up again.

that's not screaming good

Pluto

Legendary rangers means everyone from before the current season, it does not mean a waste of returning actors in a horribly written nonsensical team up where all previous rangers show up randomly, that's just what Tzachor thought was a good idea and,got him fired (allegedly but it does make sense, I bet Saban wasn't happy that THAT was what he got after flying ten former cast members to new zealand first class).
A Dino Charge team up would qualify as legendary ranger involvement or using the Ninjared/Hurricanered footage from Ninninger.

Boss Doggie

also reposting from attack animations thread, GIF warning

Well the best ones are posted, so time to post these instead. THESE COUNT BECAUSE THEY'RE FROM A VIDEO GAME DAMNIT!

tfdukk.gif
djuqic.gif

xsymcz.gif
hezzkf.gif
banixz.gif

rcrmls.gif

wtnqvz.gif
hwsvwj.gif
ifojzt.gif

wosmrv.gif
dicepx.gif
pyielz.gif

sjziye.gif

ifrsqu.gif

fujaas.gif
hlxmgi.gif
qjbbew.gif

pcivrk.gif

mdczye.gif
ptutum.gif

though the lack of sound kinda makes it empty lol

now I want a Climax Heroes for modern machines

javadoze

Another small thing: the suit actors have been credited.

Red: Takada Masashi (Zyuoh The World, Star Ninger, ToQ 2, Kyoryu Blue)
Orange: Yasuhiko Imai (Chaser, Deka Blue, Gao Blue)
Blue: Takeuchi (Zyuoh Lion, Ki Ninger, ToQ 4, Kyoryu Black)
Gold: Obayashi Masaru (Insarn, Yellow Racer)
Oushi Black: Jiro Okamoto (Azald, Gabi Raizou, General Schwarz, Torin/Kyoryu Silver, Kyoryu Cyan)
Silver: Keizo Yabe (Kamen Rider Raia, Kamen Rider Arc)
Green: Ayumi Shimozono (Zyuoh Tiger, Kyoryu Violet)
Pink: Ryouko Gomi (Zyuoh Shark, Shiro Ninger, ToQ 3)
Yellow: Shinsuke Kusano (Bunglay)

Boss Doggie

Another small thing: the suit actors have been credited.

Red: Takada Masashi (Zyuoh The World, Star Ninger, ToQ 2, Kyoryu Blue)
Orange: Yasuhiko Imai (Chaser, Deka Blue, Gao Blue)
Blue: Takeuchi (Zyuoh Lion, Ki Ninger, ToQ 4, Kyoryu Black)
Gold: Obayashi Masaru (Insarn, Yellow Racer)
Oushi Black: Jiro Okamoto (Azald, Gabi Raizou, General Schwarz, Torin/Kyoryu Silver, Kyoryu Cyan)
Silver: Keizo Yabe (Kamen Rider Raia, Kamen Rider Arc)
Green: Ayumi Shimozono (Zyuoh Tiger, Kyoryu Violet)
Pink: Ryouko Gomi (Zyuoh Shark, Shiro Ninger, ToQ 3)
Yellow: Shinsuke Kusano (Bunglay)

shit man! that's very fitting!

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger is looking good. Even if it's for a few seconds, you can see each ranger has it's distinct style and personality, and the suits being so different from one to another only helps with that.

Please, don't disappoint :(

Boss Doggie

Ex-Aid 12 is out

Pretty dark start with the current bugster patient being also a cancer patient, holy shit.

Damn, Dangerous Zombie is broken. He can't die because his gauge is always 0, and man his wireworks when "rising" is cool as fuck as well as CRITICAL DEAD.

Emu is a Bugster or part Bugster judging by the "if a normal person uses a Gashat, they get infected" statement.

Delio

Ex-Aid 12 is out

Pretty dark start with the current bugster patient being also a cancer patient, holy shit.

Damn, Dangerous Zombie is broken. He can't die because his gauge is always 0, and man his wireworks when "rising" is cool as fuck as well as CRITICAL DEAD.

Emu is a Bugster or part Bugster judging by the "if a normal person uses a Gashat, they get infected" statement.

I really liked Zombie rising up like that everytime they struck him down. Ex Aid continues to be really fun to watch. Also That long ass DAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Henshin.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
INSERT SONG THIS WEEK! :0

...for like five seconds and by Rider Girls. Oh well.

This is like the first time I've seen a Japanese show use an actual disease instead of just some vague sickness, I've heard claim they have some weird rules about portraying diseases or something in media so it's easier to be vague about it. Emu learning more doctor skills and growing in that way is neat to see alongside gaining Rider forms.

Zynx

Genm Level 10/Dangerous Zombie is definitely my favorite rider form in quite awhile. Looks great, completely in-theme, awesome in fights, the whole package.

Wonder if it's going to quickly owned by the new Ex-Aid though? Every new form gets like, 2 episodes to shine and then is tossed by the wayside.

Also, do we need more characters? It feels like we only have a handful of characters of importance. The 3 doctor riders (2 of whom have hardly any impact), Kuruto and Pallad, the new girl and the minister (who's totally going to end up as a bad guy, I bet). I guess Snipe vs Ex-Aid will happen in the future but will it even be a contest?

Top Bottom