• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

NeonZ

But there's no Dark Kabuto in the movie?

Although early designs for Kabuto show that they originally intended to have a 4th movie Rider who looked like Kabuto with black armor, alongside the three recolors already in the movie.

javadoze

Jaeger

Part of it is just a matter of budget. The first new Gavan movie was going for heavy nostalgia bait, and the other ones were straight to video, so the later ones don't have much budget for suits and such. The one "new" Space Sheriff suit in these movies was just a gold repaint of the false Gavan from Gokaiger vs Gavan.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating. :/ I would help design and fund a new series. Hell throw me in the suit. Ill flip and roll around all day for that.

Jeffrey

This is actually a very interesting bit of news regarding Kyuranger:

Bandai of America, for the first time, had direct input in the creation of the series.

I guess at some point they got fed up, looking at the ninninger mecha lol.

Looking at the mecha, i do like how they went from cubes last season to spheres!

”Think about Captain America. He used to wear red white and blue spandex. His costume became more cool and tactical looking. He aged up the look of a classic hero. We were constantly bring up examples like that never to undermine what makes Power Rangers Power Rangers but to say, let us help to form the shape of Power Rangers as respectively as possible to make it competitive as possible in the US."

If only they'd bring over that other sentai with tactical gear :/

Anyone pick up the new voltron toys? Seems kinda pricey at $30 a lion but... it looks pretty nice.

Tiu Neo

Well, yeah, since Go-Busters failed, I think another series needs to shakeup a bit the sentai suits formula.

Kyuranger is a good start.

Would be nice if they looked at Kamen Rider and decided to bring that over, at least the more easily palatable series' for the West. They could easily get the more "tacticool" look they want there, but I guess those series are much more entwined with the face actors, making it harder to adapt.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still think Ex-Aid could be brought over somehow. The video game motif could sell.

WarRock

Huh, there is Garo in my Netflix now. Two movies dubbed and subbed, but not the actual shows.

(And by "now" I mean "I just saw it, but it is available since July")

Jeffrey

Sure would be nice if Kamen Rider took some notes from MCU too.

These modern suits post W...

Drive Type Formula still is probably the most nonsense of the modern ones.

Jeffrey

0251487520.jpg

Jeffrey

I still don't really hate the mess of Ghost suits. I do have to mute the audio anytime they do anything in that form though.

Saw the Ultraman double feature tonight... the dub is awkward as all hell. It sounds like a bad PS1 or late 90's or 2000's dub. I'm honestly very surprised this dub is meant for us. It feels like a dub that was meant for SEA regions. I hope if they release it on DVD/Blu that they give a full Japanese voice/sub option without the english overlays.

Saw the Ultraman double feature tonight... the dub is awkward as all hell. It sounds like a bad PS1 or late 90's or 2000's dub. I'm honestly very surprised this dub is meant for us. It feels like a dub that was meant for SEA regions. I hope if they release it on DVD/Blu that they give a full Japanese voice/sub option without the english overlays.
That doesn't sound good.

Top Bottom