• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

Welcome back, Doggie!

I'm kinda confused by Koreayuger. Is it a sequel? Prequel? Sidequel? Alternate Universe?

WillyFive

Finally out of the ban. Hey guys hows-

*Kyoryuger dicksucking*
*Kyoryuger is perfect*
*every other season is good but Kyoryuger!*

-yeah no, I think I'll take my toku business elsewhere, this is worse than video game company shilling

Welcome back. All hail Kyoryuger.

Jeffrey

Kinda wish US power rangers had some exclusive mecha. I remember they did some exclusive ultrazord formations back in s3 using some toys lol.

Slayven

Finally out of the ban. Hey guys hows-

*Kyoryuger dicksucking*
*Kyoryuger is perfect*
*every other season is good but Kyoryuger!*

-yeah no, I think I'll take my toku business elsewhere, this is worse than video game company shilling
Wait what?
Kinda wish US power rangers had some exclusive mecha. I remember they did some exclusive ultrazord formations back in s3 using some toys lol.

Saban is too cheap

Jeffrey

Seems like Korea rangers was filmed in Japan? Probably easier to have access to the miniature sets.

Man would I love to see miniatures used more in western shows.

Was great in that recent thunderbirds remake.

WarRock

Defend Space Peace
t1yphqv.jpg
Naga is more entertaining than expected, I thought he was going to be the tired stoic character. Let us see how they are going to handle Champ and Stinger.

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 4

Earth already? A bit sooner than expected, eh. Limiting the team too, uh. Could work, if we get focus on different characters. Could even be a bit better, a way to tone down the speed things are going on these first episodes, but I dunno. My first impression is that it's a bit disappointing, but let's see. The worst thing would be this team becomes the "main team" and then the other four become secondary members that show up from time to time like the extra Kyoryuger. Would kill one of the unique things in this, very soon.

Now, for the good. Naga and Raptor are great in this episode. Raptor fighting was cool as hell. The mentor was fun in this too, he has potential to be great.

On a side note, the place they ate Curry is Café Safari. That's the restaurant from Sun Vulcan, nice touch, lol. Also, that amphitheater was on a lot of other series, I guess.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It seems to me that Gold and Silver will probably end up being the backup crew more often than not, but they got some decent screentime here so it isn't too bad...

One thing I like is how they've divided up the focus episodes here, like last episode was about Stinger yet also was a lot about Champa as well while this episode, while mainly about Raptor, also gave Sparda some development too.

Arc

I know it's way far out, but I'm getting the feeling that Kyuranger is going to be another skip for Saban.

NeonZ

I know it's way far out, but I'm getting the feeling that Kyuranger is going to be another skip for Saban.

Nah. Bandai's American branch was directly involved with the development of this season's merchandising and designs. Unless there's some disaster, it'll be adapted. The whole space theme also is something much more popular in the West than Japan.

Arc

Nah. Bandai's American branch was directly involved with the development of this season's merchandising and designs. Unless there's some disaster, it'll be adapted. The whole space theme also is something much more popular in the West than Japan.

Do Saban and Bandai work closely? I remember reading that there was some details in the contract saying Saban couldn't skip Sentai seasons but that clearly went out the window with GoBusters and the train one.

NeonZ

Do Saban and Bandai work closely? I remember reading that there was some details in the contract saying Saban couldn't skip Sentai seasons but that clearly went out the window with GoBusters and the train one.

Yes, they're quite involved. The zord armors in the recent seasons for example exist due to Bandai America making those designs for the Samurai toyline even before the actual season went into production.

vareon

I stopped at episode 6 of the first season. Is season 2 supposed to be an entirely new story with a new cast?

No info on that yet but I assume it's a continuation of some sort, given S1 left a few threads loose.

Seems like the new Riders are Neo Amazon (this is Neo Amazons Driver)

nnG44c7.jpg

WarRock

Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 premiering this April 7.

http://i.imgur.com/hdJmPfO.jpg
yo whaaaaaaaat
normally I would say it's a new Rider,
there was a whole thing about a new generation of Amazonz IIRC
, but being presented front and center like that... seems more like a power up for Alpha or Omega.

Not sure about the design itself, but blue is cool. New belt is cool too. Are the suits/gadgets bird themed now?

How was the first season of Amazons?
Delicious. Go watch it.

Ooooh, we getting two new Riders right off the bat!?

Jaeger

FUCK YES!

No info on that yet but I assume it's a continuation of some sort, given S1 left a few threads loose.

Seems like the new Riders are Neo Amazon (this is Neo Amazons Driver)

nnG44c7.jpg

This is badass!

I stopped at episode 6 of the first season. Is season 2 supposed to be an entirely new story with a new cast?

It's incredibly good and tasty.

WarRock

http://natalie.mu/music/news/223539
Is Die Set Down a pun with Dai Setsu Dan?
Amazonz Prime pls

Network got the details:
In the past, a massive spill occurred at the Amazon experimental lab. Most of the survivors were destroyed, hot-blooded young men enjoyed hunting Amazons and the experiment seemed to be drawing to an end. Far than ending, however, it was entering a completely new phase. The number of cases of ordinary people turning into Amazons without warning was rising. The government formed a new extermination unit to assassinate people who had turned into Amazons secretly and struggled to hide the truth.

Chihiro/Kamen Rider Neo is a loner, a boy raised by Amazons who hates them but must suppress his cannibalistic urges. One day he meets Iyu, an Amazon girl who transforms into Crow Amazon and vanquishes Amazon enemies with her awesome fighting power. Chihiro is amazed at his first glance of Iyu, because she's the first human he's met without thinking, ”I want to eat her." She's the first opponent he's ever wanted to get close to, but Chihiro is unaware of her story. Iyu is a ”Sigma," a biological weapon brought back to life after her parents turned Amazon and killed her.

Jaeger

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/kamen-rider-amazons-season-two-trailer-released/

In the past, a massive spill occurred at the Amazon experimental lab. Most of the survivors were destroyed, hot-blooded young men enjoyed hunting Amazons and the experiment seemed to be drawing to an end. Far than ending, however, it was entering a completely new phase. The number of cases of ordinary people turning into Amazons without warning was rising. The government formed a new extermination unit to assassinate people who had turned into Amazons secretly and struggled to hide the truth.

Chihiro/Kamen Rider Neo is a loner, a boy raised by Amazons who hates them but must suppress his cannibalistic urges. One day he meets Iyu, an Amazon girl who transforms into Crow Amazon and vanquishes Amazon enemies with her awesome fighting power. Chihiro is amazed at his first glance of Iyu, because she’s the first human he’s met without thinking, “I want to eat her.” She’s the first opponent he’s ever wanted to get close to, but Chihiro is unaware of her story. Iyu is a “Sigma,” a biological weapon brought back to life after her parents turned Amazon and killed her

Jeffrey

Just feel like these new suits don't really fit the tone of amazon. Like they look more like typical heisei era riders lol.

vareon

Just feel like these new suits don't really fit the tone of amazon. Like they look more like typical heisei era riders lol.

Amazons is pretty similar in tone with early Heisei shows rather than showa.

Not too hot on the suit (it's not bad). My main gripe with Amazons is how the transformation and story paints the amazons as organic beings, but the suit designs were pretty mechanical (and looked like actual suits). This one looks purposely mechanical so maybe it fits the tone better.

WarRock

Amazons is pretty similar in tone with early Heisei shows rather than showa.

Not too hot on the suit (it's not bad). My main gripe with Amazons is how the transformation and story paints the amazons as organic beings, but the suit designs were pretty mechanical (and looked like actual suits). This one looks purposely mechanical so maybe it fits the tone better.
It made sense for me. The "wild" Amazons looked organic, while the "weaponized" ones, with a belt, looked mechanical.

Tiu Neo

Hmm, those new suits (and belt) look a lot more like current Riders, lol. What's next, different forms depending on the injection thing you use to Henshin?

You know, after those last few episodes, I kinda expected Season 2 to follow the same characters as Season 1, in special since the first season's ending
felt kinda watered down so they could hook it with the next season using the same characters.

Well, they'll probably still show up, but not be the focus.

How was the first season of Amazons?

It's great.

Jeffrey

Yeah amazon did give me vibes of kuga blade faiz. Mostly the lighting and tone.

As long as they keep the belts from being too talky it should be ok.

I really want more garo now lol. But give me a new cast and city again.

I mistook the lassie who says Amazon in the trailer for Nozomi from the first lot of episodes.

I want to be kicked unconcious by that woman.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 21

Haha, Emu fighting in chibi mode. It made sense to not use the other Emu, but he could use another form. And then, later on the episode, he uses the divided form anyway. And hey, Brave is using the full form of Drago Knight. I thought only Emu would do that.

Backstory for Dan! Nothing too surprising, but good to have. I wonder if he'll be the final big bad, since he's the best part of this, but then he had a lot of death flags in this episode, and then there's next episode preview. I wonder what we would have at his place, if this happened. He'd be hard to replace.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I am disappointed by the lack of discussion about how Toku Zelda BOTW is in this thread.

Top Bottom