• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Tiu Neo

I am disappointed by the lack of discussion about how Toku Zelda BOTW is in this thread.

Well, I'll finally get my switch this week, hopefully, so maybe then I can comment on it, lol.

Unless the replacement is just as amazing, I might consider dropping Ex-aid if Dan dies

Only half joking

Dan only became really great when we lost Kiriya. Maybe the sacrifice is needed for something even greater!

8PbmisU.png

Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 premiering this April 7.

hdJmPfO.jpg

Love the primary suit.

So, new protagonist and Omega from the first season likely controlled in some manner by the corporation, hence the cybernetic parts of his new suit. Or it's a stolen prototype.

EDIT: Screenshots of returning folk from Season 1.

Omega has definitely gone through some shit between now and S1.
ZgNhcBB.png

i5pBqF7.png

As has the crew. Driver dude got that upgrade.
zZhUUeo.png

FdYDaBp.png

xetvkZn.png

WarRock

I am disappointed by the lack of discussion about how Toku Zelda BOTW is in this thread.
Do tell. Closest Wii U to me has zero chances of seeing Zelda any time soon.

Unless the replacement is just as amazing, I might consider dropping Ex-aid if Dan dies

Only half joking
He is like Ryoma, Dr. Maki and Banno in one dude who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty all the time. Can you imagine him and Cakeboss in a movie? Also, I laughed how this episode was oh gee I keep dying so I get stronger and immortal and then the preview came.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Better late than never.

Kyuranger 4

Funny that they acknowledged the shift to Earth & "five only" with budget concerns. At least that explains why everyone won't fight at once. Of course the important episodes they will.
Lucky is getting better, at least acting wise.

Ex-Aid 21

Holy shit Kuroto is top-tier villain. All this for a game. I can buy the theory that the second half of the series takes place in the game itself.
The initial Bugster reminded me of Digimon so much, at least the events of Our War Game.
Ex-Aid just keeps getting better.

Can't wait for Amazons Season 2. Hopefully we also get an announcement for the Western release date.
Too optimistic to think that will open the floodgates

Nudull

Banned
Can't wait for Amazons Season 2. Hopefully we also get an announcement for the Western release date.
Too optimistic to think that will open the floodgates

Wait, what? More western Kamen Rider? :D

I thought Dragon Knight killed it for good. ;_;

Tiu Neo

Well, I can only hope everyone supports the official release. If we can get Super Sentai DVDs...

I plan to sub Amazon Prime when it comes, even if it's for only a month, if it's available here on Brazil. Would be silly not to, but there are some problems with the Kamen Rider Black and RX licenses here, for some reason, so I dunno.

WarRock

Oh, know what else is releasing in April? The Specter movie! Aren't you EXCITED?

...Where is the Meteor V-Cinema/Returns, Toei?

Jdf still around.

https://youtu.be/45HX0AEMLL4

Was there ever any power rangers and WWE cross promotion back in the day? Feel like they both targeted the same audience. Heck I'm pretty sure they still share the same section at toy sections.
Wasn't Power Rangers too tame, content-wise, compared to WWE back then?

So, for the like three or four Brazilians here, or Changeman fans (that can understand broken Japanese), my brother sent this to me and it was pretty funny:

https://globoplay.globo.com/v/5707266/
Holy shit, Adnet's hair is spot on.

vareon

So I just got back from Kong: Skull Island. Fun movie, though it wasn't very deep or anything. But why I post to TokuGAF if because there's a post credits scene. Everybody should already know by now because Legendary announces things but hey, spoilers:

There's a teaser for Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.

WarRock

He couldn't keep CM Punk's name out of his mouth for years does that count?
What's the history? Or JDF was just trying to ride Punk's moment?

So I just got back from Kong: Skull Island. Fun movie, though it wasn't very deep or anything. But why I post to TokuGAF if because there's a post credits scene. Everybody should already know by now because Legendary announces things but hey, spoilers:

yessss
hoping I can catch this on the theater since I missed John Wick 2

BossRush

My heart skipped a beat reading that

Jeffrey

Is the movie just giant monsters whaling at each other while humans run around?

Might check it out. Seems like a good IMAX flick

Slayven

Well, the last few Sentai movies were kinda passable. Drive movie was good, but GAIM was eh. So it's not surprising people would forget them. I did too, lol.
Yeah pretty much, hell Zyuden's movies just felt like a regular ep. The movie only zoids use to be cool but now they are so blah

NeonZ

Ghost movie subbed. Did anyone watch? Worth it, or is it as meh as the rest of the series?

It suffers from some of the same problems of the show, but also executes some parts better. Depends on how much Ghost's flaws bother you, I guess.

Tiu Neo

Well, will probably watch the Ghost movie this weekend. I already watched the whole series, anyway.

...that is, if I can stop playing Zelda, lol.

Jeffrey

Wasn't the Garo stuff in FF XIV released in the West?
Yeah but that game is 1 update track no matter region so I assume if they were gonna cross promo the licensing had to be global.

It's neat that liongate reached out to a lot of power Ranger/ toku youtubers and got them into the red carpet premiere for the power rangers movie. Wonder if that means they have some level of confidence with that film.

Caught up on the last couple episodes of Ex-Aid and Kyuranger.

Ex-Aid continues to be good shit.

Kyuranger...I'm not sure how to feel about it. Something about the pacing and tone is putting me off, nevermind the Red Ranger is still annoying me. The ideas are there, but it feels scattershot.

Top Bottom