• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

Salmon

Any EU gaffers in here?

I rarely start my PS3, but now it's time for Tokyo Jungle.

Anyone know at what time they update the PSN Store? (Lives in Sweden)

Noi

Gonna have to vicariously enjoy the game through you guys for now, I can't download it until next month. Damn bandwith caps. :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
God this game is addicting.

Look at this badass right here:

bPu2N.jpg

A raincoat AND a heroes mask. Ballin'.

I really should have gotten PS Plus months ago, I would have saved so much money. Maybe next time...I need this game asap though.

Already downloaded 11mb within half an hour! Amazing, right! I am too scared to do the math how long downloading this will take me! But! Oh! Well!

If my math is correct, thats over 100 hours = 4 days. Something must be wrong on your end.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really should have gotten PS Plus months ago, I would have saved so much money. Maybe next time...I need this game asap though.

If my math is correct, thats over 100 hours = 4 days. Something must be wrong on your end.

Well, that wouldnt be the first time I'd have my PS3 running for 2 days on end just to download a game.Just managed to snatch away the lan cable from my gf, so its downloading faster now. Fuck my PS3 Wlan connection. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tell me how to remote play.

I don't understand Drencrom. You should be applauding me for having the game despite no Platinum

Game is so fun and addicting! My first survival play I got to Gen 3 in 22 years... It was only my overconfidence that ended my bloodline... A Pomeranian is no match for a god damn Tiger... At least not yet!

Corto

Tell me how to remote play.

I don't understand Drencrom. You should be applauding me for having the game despite no Platinum

If you have your Vita already registered with your PS3 you just need to got on the XMB to network > remote play and then on the Vita open the remote play app. Choose private network as that seems to give better performance. Enjoy!

edit: also my download is crawling.......

Oh. My. God.

It was dark and I went down to a Mark area. I saw all the green dots, but I was thinking, "Perfect. I could use some food." I went to mark and BAM. Two crocodiles out of nowhere. My Pomeranian stood no chance, haha ;( It got thrown into the air like a doll D: It was actually pretty hilarious.

I'm going on year 42! Second overall attempt. First attempt I died within 20 minutes :p

Oh. My. God.

It was dark and I went down to a Mark area. I saw all the green dots, but I was thinking, "Perfect. I could use some food." I went to mark and BAM. Two crocodiles out of nowhere. My Pomeranian stood no chance, haha ;( It got thrown into the air like a doll D: It was actually pretty hilarious.

I'm going on year 42! Second overall attempt. First attempt I died within 20 minutes :p

permadeath?

Yeah, I had a pack, so control switched over to them. I went from 6 to 1 in one area... and shit has gotten real right now. I am running for my life from dueling bears, tigers, crocodiles... it's fucking glorious. And there's so many on-screen! It's my last life and I'm too low a rank to maaaaaaate! I MUST LIVE.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh. My. God.

Something similar happened to me. Things had been going smoothly for several generations. Then I was walking down the street one night and saw a green dot on the map. Much like you, I thought "Hey, I could use food". Then out of nowhere, a lioness massacres my entire pack aside from me. I run for my life and eventually get away. Then as I'm heading back north, I see a strange brown dot on my map. As it turns out, one of my brothers survived and had been trying to make his way back to me! ;_;

This game, man. This game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah, I had a pack, so control switched over to them. I went from 6 to 1 in one area... and shit has gotten real right now. I am running for my life from dueling bears, tigers, crocodiles... it's fucking glorious. And there's so many on-screen! It's my last life and I'm too low a rank to maaaaaaate! I MUST LIVE.

A fucking tiger killed my little Pomeranian followers, I didn't think that was possible but it sure the hell is.

OMG!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

I managed to rank up and get a female. I was taking her to the nest. I WAS RIGHT THERE... died of hunger. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, haha. What an end to a 40-year+ survival story :(

This game. This fucking game... <3 Everything was just going terribly, terribly wrong near the end.

- fleeing for my life (look at previous post)

- take a chance to try and kill a zebra. Fail. Run away. Draw tiger's attention. Running the fuck away x10 because the zebras are still after me

- manage to rank up; closest female appears right next to a tiger

- beginning of this post

Something similar happened to me. Things had been going smoothly for several generations. Then I was walking down the street one night and saw a green dot on the map. Much like you, I thought "Hey, I could use food". Then out of nowhere, a lioness massacres my entire pack aside from me. I run for my life and eventually get away. Then as I'm heading back north, I see a strange brown dot on my map. As it turns out, one of my brothers survived and had been trying to make his way back to me! ;_;

This game, man. This game.
I can already imagine this perfectly.

A fucking tiger killed my little Pomeranian followers, I didn't think that was possible but it sure the hell is.
Yeah, I didn't think they'd actually die until I took control of them. But as it turns out, that is definitely not the case.

I hate time limits in games. How constricting is the advance of years in this game? Its not like Dead Rising i hope where i am constantly missing stuff unless i hit certain milestones fast enough?

Game is stupid fun. And funny.

I just started running around on rooftops as a deer and I guess I pissed off a bunch of crows because they started divebombing me. I get back down to ground and a hyena fucks me up. :(

This game is amazing. Survived for 33 years as the Fat Cat. Was marking territories because my other 2 cats were murdered by boars, and I came across an alligator and a bear squaring off on a rooftop. Naturally, I took a seat and ignored my dwindling hunger meter in order to enjoy the show. The bear powered up his attack and bam, barrels right through the alligator and into me. Dead. :( I just wanted to watch an epic fight dammit!

Question though, can territories be taken back by other animals? I was hesitant to mark every territory I saw because I'm not entirely sure how that worked.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
25 years now with the deer, and I saved right before moving on to my 4th generation. Tigers and other more intimidating animals are popping up now. Really fun; Looking forward to playing as a predator later.

TDLink

So as far as I can tell the Fat Cat, Silky Terrier, and White and Black Pomeranians are the only DLC animals currently out?

Anyone know when the rest will come? 4 released weekly or something? I want the Kangaroo.

Corto

yosp answered my tweet about the lack of Remote play support: "thanks for the heads up." Is he saying that some heads will roll? Hehe

Top Bottom