• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh man, dat feel when you wander into a fucking den of lions. And not just like, a mother, father, and some cubs, but like...THREE OR FOUR FUCKING MALES AND THE SAME AMOUNT OF FEMALES. My poor cats didn't stand a chance. ;_;

leehom

the pomeranian sold me on this game. went out and bought a psn card an hour ago and downloading now. can't wait to play this.

too many untagged spoielrs. time to bail

Spoiler alert.
This game has animals.

I find it kinda dumb that tutorial doesn't teach you two very useful things. One, using L1 to sneak around. And 2, holding circle over a dead body to bring it around with you so you don't have to eat it at that moment if you get hungry.

Spoilers? lol
spoilers.
From the quicklook and the comments here it looks like the game isn't completely random and as such hearing someone say x happened and someone saying x happened at y timeframe gives out too much information.

not to mention an earlier spoiler that wasn't really tagged well that I don't want to hear about

Spoiler alert.
This game has animals.

I find it kinda dumb that tutorial doesn't teach you two very useful things. One, using L1 to sneak around. And 2, holding circle over a dead body to bring it around with you so you don't have to eat it at that moment if you get hungry.

Wtf? Thank you for this. Could have had a nice chicken to carry around.

Just as I was about to mate for a second time closing in on 17 years... a beagle kills me without mercy. FUUUUUCK YOU.

Necrovex

Purchased the game, now the long wait for it to finish downloading begins. This will be my treat for destroying my Stat's exam tomorrow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is this old?

Yoshida just tweeted Vita remote play patch for TJ, soon.

That is pretty awesome!

I hope hes right this time.

5NhWw.png

Because he was a LIAR. He lied about wake up club too.

zulux21

so I played some multiplayer with my wife... for the most part it works well
it could use a teleport feature for dealing with bridges, and it's kind of lame that only one of you can breed in a given location so you have to alternate. Beyond that it was a blast though

Ainaurdur

I just accidentally stayed up an extra hour while playing this game.

The grogginess I will likely feel in the morning at work will be worth it. Twas all for my Pomeranian(B)s, Fat Cats, and Sika Deer!

I got fleas from an inferior female. You can tell by the colour of the hearts. Dark coloured hearts are inferior, white are average and pink are prime.

zulux21

Thanks. You should hear someone yell "Last call!" as you approach the desperate one.

They go away if you walk in water.

The other guy to post might be more correct lol I only ran into one average so I might have that wrong, all I found were desperate and prime :p

arit

After slaying a zebra my proud pomeranian was finally trampled to death by a horse. In my other attempts I was mostly dying of starvation :|

zulux21

After slaying a zebra my proud pomeranian was finally trampled to death by a horse. In my other attempts I was mostly dying of starvation :|

First time
pack of beagles
second time
I think it was a wolf, not 100% sure I died before my wife did this run.
third time
I bit the butt of a panther thinking it was a hyena... it ended poorly lol

I was a
hip-hop beagle
and I KILLED A
FUCKING RAPTOR
!

Lasted 86 years...So close....SO CLOSE. I knew I shouldn't have laid down with that desperate mutt. I could have used the extra puppies.

People dissing this game for its combat are missing the point.

coldfoot

Banned
Is there any way to know what kind of females from the map/radar without going all the way to them and seeing that they're the desparate kind?

Zeranium

Just played Survival for the first time.
Ran into a Lion, thought I could take it with my band of Pomeranians.

I was wrong.
Got to 35 years, though.

So far this game does not disappoint!

Tiktaalik

I'm confused. I just did the tutorial, which unlocked Story mode, so I go to that and everything is locked except the tutorial, which is marked "CLEAR." What the heck. Do I have to do this again or play survival to unlock story?

I'm confused. I just did the tutorial, which unlocked Story mode, so I go to that and everything is locked except the tutorial, which is marked "CLEAR." What the heck. Do I have to do this again or play survival to unlock story?

In Survival there are keycards you have to find(they're marked on the map).
When you find them all you unlock the next chapter of the story.
After completing the chapter you go back to Survival to find more keycards.

Man, you can get fucked over when you play as the chick so easily. I guess I need to be more patient/stealthy.

EDIT: I just got ambushed by a beagle in a bush </3 The chick takes too much patience for my tastes. Its "walking" animation is so sloooooow. I think it's actually faster if you press L1 than walking normally.

Kurod

Banned
Oh man. I was doing survival as a pomeranian when I crossed paths with a freaking panther. I'm running and jumping like mad to get away when BAM a fucking tiger starts clawing the shit outta the panther. Big thanks to Tiger-bro.

Top Bottom