• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO JUNGLE |OT| The world began without man...and it will end without him.

dreamfall

I was running with my herd of Fat Cats and guess who we stumbled on? MR. FUCKIN' RAGIN' HIPPO. Yeah, sneaking up on that animal was near instant death.

This GAME. So good! Survival feels like such an epic gamble, hate those desperate mates!

Had a amazing retriever going to 53 years. The scariest thing happened, it was pitch black and I was minding my own business. Next thing you know about 15 lions and lioness (not an exaggeration) come out of the darkness and give me the chase of a lifetime. I thought I was dead there but I would fall a few mins after to a gator I botched a sneak attack on. R.I.P buddy.

Had a amazing retriever going to 53 years. The scariest thing happened, it was pitch black and I was minding my own business. Next thing you know about 15 lions and lioness (not an exaggeration) come out of the darkness and give me the chase of a lifetime. I thought I was dead there but I would fall a few mins after to a gator I botched a sneak attack on. R.I.P buddy.
That sounds awesome.

I died again as I was going to mate :( I was two seconds away from making it to 53 years. I died to the wolves I gave the slip to... they hung around and got me on my way back. The place was fucking barren and everything I did manage to kill would turn toxic 90% of the time. Very annoying.

Didn't get very far and was just messing about in survival. This game is great so far. Gonna have to wait for the weekend before I can get some proper playtime with it though.

I wish you didn't have to search for stuff in survival mode just to unlock story mode, otherwise it's pretty good. Game makes me kind of sad though.

So this game is, what we call... rogue-like?

It's a roguelikelike.

dragonlife said:
Man, you can get fucked over when you play as the chick so easily. I guess I need to be more patient/stealthy.

The chick is challenge mode as far as I can tell. The weird thing for me was I fully took over a few different zones and no females showed up. I like how the different animals have different multipliers based on how difficult they are to play.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's a roguelikelike.

The chick is challenge mode as far as I can tell. The weird thing for me was I fully took over a few different zones and no females showed up. I like how the different animals have different multipliers based on how difficult they are to play.

You need to go to the nest and sleep, after which you'll turn into a chicken. THEN you can mate. But once you do, you'll be a chick again.

Challenge mode indeed.

bunbun777

Installing now, pretty excited. 12 bucks for one of the best games eva! Going to start as the fat cat because I love cats.

arit

Cows can jump!

And this time my majestic cat died by the hooves of a damn horse too, I guess I should not attack those...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
you can only hope... it´s SCEE.. Counter Strike GO anyone..?
The release date on the UK PSN-site states 26th, so I'm pretty confident ;)

There is no english language physical version of this game out there, is it? Only japanese?

Hanmik

The release date on the UK PSN-site states 26th, so I'm pretty confident ;)

There is no english language physical version of this game out there, is it? Only japanese?

´There should not b a single reason for this game to be delayed on the store.. I have had the EU review version for a month or so... BUT this is SCEE, last week they fucked up the store so bad.. and all the missing games.. I will not bet my salary on TJ being available today...

Septimius

´There should not b a single reason for this game to be delayed on the store.. I have had the EU review version for a month or so... BUT this is SCEE, last week they fucked up the store so bad.. and all the missing games.. I will not bet my salary on TJ being available today...

Bah, away with your negativity. My body is ready, and so will PSN be, later! :D

Aselith

Game is really cool but it's really fucking annoying that you have to do the challenges in order. Like I mark all around the station while i search for food to rank up and now I don't have anywhere to mark anymore because I did it out of order? Fucking dumb.

Corto

Hm. On one hand, I can see it; on the other... eh, I don't know. It almost reminds me of Dark Souls.

I thought I was the only one! hehe You die, and then get a bit further, you die, and then get a bit further, open up more territory, activate a new nest (bonfire), yeah... Got the exact some feeling.

Game is really cool but it's really fucking annoying that you have to do the challenges in order. Like I mark all around the station while i search for food to rank up and now I don't have anywhere to mark anymore because I did it out of order? Fucking dumb.

Depending on where you are at, you can still Mark a few places and have them count towards the challenges.

The reason for having certain areas unlock only with those marks is to keep you by that area so you can mate. But, once again, you can always migrate elsewhere.

I find it funny that some reviewers are calling the combat shallow when it's actually well done. Different animals have different attack ranges and max damage outputs. So even when you level up that gazelle, he's not going to be knocking the competition around much.

You can play the game all stealth like as a carnivore, or you can go all out and kill everything in sight. The dash attack button can also be used to avoid that three-purple mouth attack thingy. After hours of play, I'm finding it really hard to call this game boring.

Coxy

my gang of BOSS FAT CATS were having a great run aking down tougher prey every time moving from hyenas to wolves to lion, even took down a crocodile but got cocky and were eaten by the second croc :(

I had overlooked this game, but it seems pretty amazing. Hopefully it can spread enough word to support games like this in the future ...

Number45

People are still bitter about the mess that was last week's update.
It was frustrating last week, but that's the first time there have been issues with updating the EU store in a LONG time as far as I can remember.

The other issues seem to be QA/third party publishing related.

Let's hope Ross jumping ship doesn't signal the start of something bad! D:

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, these impressions are getting me excited about playing this tonight. Question: do AI animals interact with each other? Like, say if a Lion is chasing you, could you lead him into a pack of Hippos and would they start fighting each other? That would be cool, but it would suck if AI animals only focus on the player.

zulux21

Man, these impressions are getting me excited about playing this tonight. Question: do AI animals interact with each other? Like, say if a Lion is chasing you, could you lead him into a pack of Hippos and would they start fighting each other? That would be cool, but it would suck if AI animals only focus on the player.

I haven't had a case where if I lead an animal attacking me to another animal that it would fight them instead, but I have come across a case where an AI dog was growling at a Horse (I think it was not 100%) and they ended up fighting and ignoring me

That can definitely happen, yes. I've seen it occur twice now under different circumstances. One was when I got ambushed by a black panther and went into a bush to hide (futile), then going out and luckily attracting hyenas that then attracted the black panther's attention. The other was when I chose to attack a bigger animal and stood no chance of winning. Another animal ran past and a fight between them broke out when the animal I originally attacked swiped at the one running past, allowing me to get the fuck out of there.

I can double jump?
Wtffffffffff
It blew my mind, too. The story mode pretty much acts like an extended tutorial.

I don't think they do this past the start of the game really. Now it just gives me three at a time to do in any order. You should be checking the Challenge menu and planning ahead anyways, so that you aren't moving in the wrong direction.

Haunted said:
Hot: roguelike elements, price

Not so hot: paid DLC and grinding

I don't know that I'd call it grindy. Each generation has three levels that you move through fairly quickly, and your food source is also your experience, so you often end up eating over your level cap just to stay alive.

Top Bottom